Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › The K/D Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The K/D Club - Page 2

Poll Results: What matters most when FPS gaming?

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 50% of voters (66)
    K/D (play like you would in real life)
  • 33% of voters (44)
    W/L (it's all about winning)
  • 18% of voters (25)
    Accuracy (bullets aren't cheap)
  • 6% of voters (9)
    Capturing Flags (love them flags)
  • 10% of voters (14)
    Ranking Up (to impress the ladies)
  • 15% of voters (21)
    Training for a Zombie Apocalypse (could happen)
132 Total Votes  
post #11 of 94
Count me in.

BF3

post #12 of 94
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/eXecuution/stats/380389521/

Yes, I play a lot of recon. No, I don't camp. I play aggressively, or sit in midfield and pick off anyone attempting to arm/disarm MCOMs. High score/min, moderately low longest headshot (got it while doing the challenge to unlock camo for l96)

Also average 2.3-3.5 K/D in call of duty games, have a 2.07 K/D in combat arms and a 1.92 agressive recon KDR in BC2.
 
XPS M1530
(13 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5ghz 8600m GT 3072 MB 667mhz DDR2 Seagate Momentus 7200.3 250gb 
OSMonitorCaseMouse
Win Vista Home Premium 32 Bit 15.4" 1680x1050 Glossy XPS M1530 Alpine White Razer Deathadder 3.5g 
Mouse Pad
QCK Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
 
XPS M1530
(13 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5ghz 8600m GT 3072 MB 667mhz DDR2 Seagate Momentus 7200.3 250gb 
OSMonitorCaseMouse
Win Vista Home Premium 32 Bit 15.4" 1680x1050 Glossy XPS M1530 Alpine White Razer Deathadder 3.5g 
Mouse Pad
QCK Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 94
Here go all my FPS KDR related complaints, in regards to other factors that might raise/lower KDR, or how it can be abused/boosted.

-In BF games, if you buy/start/join late, you are at a severe disadvantage in access to certain vehicle/weapon unlocks.
-In BF/CoD games, if you want access to all the unlocks on all the weapons, this forces you to play with an undeveloped gun and guns you might not normally use (which I'm all for but I'm framing this complaint in regards to KDR tracking).
-Map selection. Certain poorly designed maps allow for player abuse, give one team an advantage, or give access to one checkpoint over another. This is an issue in CS, BF, CoD series. Though, it's not a major issue, unless you're looking at SPM. I do know players that will refuse to play on one team or certain maps because of these perceived advantages/disadvantages.
-Game modes, hardcore vs casual in BF/CoD. In CS, Deathmatch tends to attract a lot more noobs and certain serves would attract ESEA players and certain servers would be very noob friendly.
-Team stacking. It happens. When one team has better tactical position (BF3), better killstreaks (CoD), or better players (CS), it boosts a lot of KDR's. As someone that tries to join losing teams to balance it out, it is annoying/funny to see when people do it. I kind of blame newer game functions though that track your Win/Loss records, which encourage this behavior. Win/Loss shouldn't count unless it's a ladder/rank/team match.
-Access to certain weapons(or vehicles). Like noobtube in CoD, or Awp in CS (coming from a serial awper). Or in CS if you start with 16k and are able to start with your ideal setup every round, a lot easier to maintain a higher score. It's funny how bad people are at pistol rounds.

Am i forgetting anything?
First build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS P7P55D-E PRO Galaxy GTX 580 1.5GB Accelero Xtreme Plus Cooler G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB F3 12800CL8D-8GBXM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex2 Extended 120, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB LITEON 24x Internal DVD/CD Writer Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung XL2370 LED Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 Brown Keys, IBM Model M XFX 750W Black Edition HAF 932 Black Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3G, R.A.T 9, G400 Artisan Hayate, QCK Heavy, Artisen Hien Audio Technica AD700, Klipsch Image x10 
  hide details  
Reply
First build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS P7P55D-E PRO Galaxy GTX 580 1.5GB Accelero Xtreme Plus Cooler G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB F3 12800CL8D-8GBXM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex2 Extended 120, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB LITEON 24x Internal DVD/CD Writer Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung XL2370 LED Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 Brown Keys, IBM Model M XFX 750W Black Edition HAF 932 Black Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3G, R.A.T 9, G400 Artisan Hayate, QCK Heavy, Artisen Hien Audio Technica AD700, Klipsch Image x10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 94
Thread Starter 
Added. Pretty high score/min.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXecuution View Post

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/eXecuution/stats/380389521/
Yes, I play a lot of recon. No, I don't camp. I play aggressively, or sit in midfield and pick off anyone attempting to arm/disarm MCOMs. High score/min, moderately low longest headshot (got it while doing the challenge to unlock camo for l96)
Also average 2.3-3.5 K/D in call of duty games, have a 2.07 K/D in combat arms and a 1.92 agressive recon KDR in BC2.
Added. Nice score/min and W/L ratio too. I too play a lot of recon and tire of people saying camper, snipers generally find a vantage point and attack from it, sure like me I'm sure you move about quite a bit during a game, but its almost stating the obvious calling a recon a camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborn View Post

Count me in.
BF3
Added, but any chance you can provide us with a profile link? Many thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilpony View Post

Here go all my FPS KDR related complaints, in regards to other factors that might raise/lower KDR, or how it can be abused/boosted.
-In BF games, if you buy/start/join late, you are at a severe disadvantage in access to certain vehicle/weapon unlocks.
-In BF/CoD games, if you want access to all the unlocks on all the weapons, this forces you to play with an undeveloped gun and guns you might not normally use (which I'm all for but I'm framing this complaint in regards to KDR tracking).
-Map selection. Certain poorly designed maps allow for player abuse, give one team an advantage, or give access to one checkpoint over another. This is an issue in CS, BF, CoD series. Though, it's not a major issue, unless you're looking at SPM. I do know players that will refuse to play on one team or certain maps because of these perceived advantages/disadvantages.
-Game modes, hardcore vs casual in BF/CoD. In CS, Deathmatch tends to attract a lot more noobs and certain serves would attract ESEA players and certain servers would be very noob friendly.
-Team stacking. It happens. When one team has better tactical position (BF3), better killstreaks (CoD), or better players (CS), it boosts a lot of KDR's. As someone that tries to join losing teams to balance it out, it is annoying/funny to see when people do it. I kind of blame newer game functions though that track your Win/Loss records, which encourage this behavior. Win/Loss shouldn't count unless it's a ladder/rank/team match.
-Access to certain weapons(or vehicles). Like noobtube in CoD, or Awp in CS (coming from a serial awper). Or in CS if you start with 16k and are able to start with your ideal setup every round, a lot easier to maintain a higher score. It's funny how bad people are at pistol rounds.
Am i forgetting anything?
I appreciate those comments, especially joining late into a game and been spawn killed or dropped into the battle without even a clue which way your base is, however at the end of the day all gamers face these problems, which balances out all the factors which affect all gamers K/D ratios. Care to share your K/D?
post #15 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuwSharpe View Post

Added. Pretty high score/min.
Added. Nice score/min and W/L ratio too. I too play a lot of recon and tire of people saying camper, snipers generally find a vantage point and attack from it, sure like me I'm sure you move about quite a bit during a game, but its almost stating the obvious calling a recon a camper.
Added, but any chance you can provide us with a profile link? Many thanks.
I appreciate those comments, especially joining late into a game and been spawn killed or dropped into the battle without even a clue which way your base is, however at the end of the day all gamers face these problems, which balances out all the factors which affect all gamers K/D ratios. Care to share your K/D?
Yah sure
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/MrNJersey/stats/312308262/

Btw I'm also know as Airborn
post #16 of 94
I miss this game



Stats page - http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/jim2point0

Yeah, the VSS is retardedly OP... but it was also very fun smile.gif
Edited by jim2point0 - 1/7/13 at 7:17am
post #17 of 94
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborn View Post

Btw I'm also know as Airborn
Would you rather your name was stated as Airborn on the members list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2point0 View Post

I miss this game
Stats page - http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/jim2point0
Yeah, the VSS is retardedly OP... but it was also very fun smile.gif
Added. If you miss this game what are you playing these days?


Between the 19 members currently on the list, we have killed over 215,000 gamers! Urah.
post #18 of 94
Heh. And that was my new solider that I created new to play with a friend of mine. He wanted to play with someone that didn't already have everything unlocked. Interestingly enough, my first solder has almost the exact same K/D. Main weapon was the same, with almost the EXACT same K/D distribution for each class. If anything, I'm consistent in BC2 tongue.gif

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/neoenigma

I don't play him anymore so no point in adding him tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuwSharpe View Post

Added. If you miss this game what are you playing these days?
Between the 19 members currently on the list, we have killed over 215,000 gamers! Urah.

Well the maps do get a little old... and it's not like there will be new ones. I've tried to like BF3 but I just can't. The game doesn't seem as fun. Vehicle \ infantry balance seems ****ed. Shooting mechanics aren't as fun. Vaulting instead of properly jumping is boring (I love jumping from roof to roof in BC2).

I play a little Planetside 2 from time to time. A lot of single player games. Tried BLOPS 2 but that just makes me remember everything I hate about the CoD series....

Here is my BF3 profile... which I don't really enjoy as much.

http://battlelog.medalofhonor.com/bf3/soldier/jim2point0/stats/191341996/
Edited by jim2point0 - 1/7/13 at 9:32am
post #19 of 94
post #20 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuwSharpe View Post

Would you rather your name was stated as Airborn on the members list?
Added. If you miss this game what are you playing these days?
Between the 19 members currently on the list, we have killed over 215,000 gamers! Urah.

I dont mind
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › The K/D Club