Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Laptops and Netbooks › Getting a new gaming laptop---670MX/675M/675MX---Asus vs MSI?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Getting a new gaming laptop---670MX/675M/675MX---Asus vs MSI? - Page 8

post #71 of 93
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilletis View Post

Begin Rant:
Alienware is the first in your list? No way in any universe is that possible, because your basically saying, Dell is better then MSI. They have nice cases, but that's about it. Working with Dell's they're absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to quality and Alienware is no different. Alienware has massive cooling issues, incredible mark up and good luck with any kind of warranty through Dell. Never buy Alienware. Rant Over.

Back on the topic of what GPU you can buy, drivers can be fixed, on the assumption that ATI will bother with a fix. It's a risk vs reward prospect. That said, they mobile GPU market is really a competition between the lesser of two evils. The 670m is bad, but I can still play Skyrm almost max no problem with it. We have to be level headed people (says the guy ranting about Alienware lol). That being said with the Sager, you can switch between the platforms at will(Nvidea, or ATI). It's one of the very few laptops that can both, so their is future flexibility, if you have buyers remorse. Unlike My Asus where the 670 is un-removable (without a blowtorch lol).

At the end of the day It comes down to a pro vs cons list, (which I recommend you make) and is your decision. Me personally I usually go with Nvidea, due to their product support and game optimization. But ATI is still a very good choice too. It's a difficult market to be sure.

Excellent rant thumb.gif

And yea, I got my pro/con list down, the only thing I'm thinking about now is the loss in performance for the 7970m because of the drivers vs the loss of performance in a 675mx simply because the 7970m is a better card.
post #72 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftstealth View Post

How is the 7970m not compatible? Mine has an HM bios on it.

Donno why :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imglidinhere View Post

The 7970M is compatible with the P180HM. This is a common misconception. tongue.gif Most laptops don't really "support" the newest GPUs, but they still work within those laptops. I've heard that Mythlogic would actually offer to upgrade your machine with the new GPU if you're not too keen on doing so.

Mythlogic actually tested both the 7970m and the GTX680 and only the GTX680m with a modded driver worked
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilletis View Post

Begin Rant:
Alienware is the first in your list? No way in any universe is that possible, because your basically saying, Dell is better then MSI. They have nice cases, but that's about it. Working with Dell's they're absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to quality and Alienware is no different. Alienware has massive cooling issues, incredible mark up and good luck with any kind of warranty through Dell. Never buy Alienware. Rant Over.

Back on the topic of what GPU you can buy, drivers can be fixed, on the assumption that ATI will bother with a fix. It's a risk vs reward prospect. That said, they mobile GPU market is really a competition between the lesser of two evils. The 670m is bad, but I can still play Skyrm almost max no problem with it. We have to be level headed people (says the guy ranting about Alienware lol). That being said with the Sager, you can switch between the platforms at will(Nvidea, or ATI). It's one of the very few laptops that can both, so their is future flexibility, if you have buyers remorse. Unlike My Asus where the 670 is un-removable (without a blowtorch lol).

At the end of the day It comes down to a pro vs cons list, (which I recommend you make) and is your decision. Me personally I usually go with Nvidea, due to their product support and game optimization. But ATI is still a very good choice too. It's a difficult market to be sure.

Trust me alienware is not as same as buying a normal dell I have hated Dell laptops and desktop all my life but their alienwares are pure quality, dont bash me for this until you try one
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensuji View Post

Excellent rant thumb.gif

And yea, I got my pro/con list down, the only thing I'm thinking about now is the loss in performance for the 7970m because of the drivers vs the loss of performance in a 675mx simply because the 7970m is a better card.
The problems are only in the crossfire so yeah if you are going with a single GPU go with the 7970m if you are going to SLI then the GTX 675m is better ,only if the problems in the mobile sli are same as the mobile crossfire then the 7970m is your choice
Edited by Awsan - 1/11/13 at 11:50am
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k @4.7 1.44v Asus Z170 MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  GTX 1070 G1 Gaming Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Baracuda 7200.12 1tb Samsung EVO 250 GB Corsair H100i [With Dual SP120 fans] Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 24mg77 144hz TVS E-GOLD keyboard Cherry Mx Blue Corsair AX860 860Watts Corsair Obsidian 250D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime  ATH-M50xDG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 Extreme 2920XM/Intel Core i7 2860QM P180HMx AMD Radeon HD 6990M AMD Radeon HD 6990M 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Samsung  Samsung  Samsung  Seagate 750GB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Blu-Ray reader  Sager Cooling + CM SF-19 USB 3.0 Windows 7 Ultimate X64 18.4 1920x1080 Glossy 16:9 Plastic covered  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Gigabyte wirless 300W+8 cells battery SagerNP8180 Gigabyte wireless 
Mouse PadAudio
Table ultrasone pro 550 + FiiO E7++ on board 5.1 soun... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3630qm Lenovo HM76 Nvidia GTX660m 8GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue 750GB Blu-Ray Reader Stock Windows 7 
Monitor
1366x768 Internal Screen 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k @4.7 1.44v Asus Z170 MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  GTX 1070 G1 Gaming Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Baracuda 7200.12 1tb Samsung EVO 250 GB Corsair H100i [With Dual SP120 fans] Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 24mg77 144hz TVS E-GOLD keyboard Cherry Mx Blue Corsair AX860 860Watts Corsair Obsidian 250D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime  ATH-M50xDG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 Extreme 2920XM/Intel Core i7 2860QM P180HMx AMD Radeon HD 6990M AMD Radeon HD 6990M 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Samsung  Samsung  Samsung  Seagate 750GB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Blu-Ray reader  Sager Cooling + CM SF-19 USB 3.0 Windows 7 Ultimate X64 18.4 1920x1080 Glossy 16:9 Plastic covered  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Gigabyte wirless 300W+8 cells battery SagerNP8180 Gigabyte wireless 
Mouse PadAudio
Table ultrasone pro 550 + FiiO E7++ on board 5.1 soun... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3630qm Lenovo HM76 Nvidia GTX660m 8GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue 750GB Blu-Ray Reader Stock Windows 7 
Monitor
1366x768 Internal Screen 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 93
I did have to fix my friends Alienware, and it was crap, crappy thing overheated running stock settings, their heat-sink was almost all aluminum on their top end model. Ripping people off is enough reason to bash them. Quality and Alienware (Basically Dell with fancy cases) is an oxymoron. haven't met an Dell/Alienware owner yet that has been really pleased with their purchase. kookoo.gif
Mortifier
(18 items)
 
Jank-top
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K X79 Extreme9 EVGA GTX 980 Ti Kingpin (72%ASIC) Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel 730 series SSD  Intel 520 series SSD Western Digital Caverlier Black LG 24x CD/DVD combo 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC Raystorm Rev 2 Windows 10 Philips 272S4LPJCB 27- 27inch 2 ms 1440p Asus VW246H- 24inch 2 ms 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Coolermaster Slient Gold Pro 1200 watt Haf X Razer Naga Molten 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Goliathus Audio Technica Pro 700mk2 Studio Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Mortifier
(18 items)
 
Jank-top
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K X79 Extreme9 EVGA GTX 980 Ti Kingpin (72%ASIC) Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel 730 series SSD  Intel 520 series SSD Western Digital Caverlier Black LG 24x CD/DVD combo 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC Raystorm Rev 2 Windows 10 Philips 272S4LPJCB 27- 27inch 2 ms 1440p Asus VW246H- 24inch 2 ms 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Coolermaster Slient Gold Pro 1200 watt Haf X Razer Naga Molten 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Goliathus Audio Technica Pro 700mk2 Studio Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilletis View Post

I did have to fix my friends Alienware, and it was crap, crappy thing overheated running stock settings, their heat-sink was almost all aluminum on their top end model. Ripping people off is enough reason to bash them. Quality and Alienware (Basically Dell with fancy cases) is an oxymoron. haven't met an Dell/Alienware owner yet that has been really pleased with their purchase. kookoo.gif

No. You clearly have no clue what you're talking about if you think that ANY Alienware laptop had an Aluminum heatsink. Even the crappy generic REGULAR laptops have a full copper heatsink.

So you're clearly talking absolute crap at the moment. Alienware has the best cooling at the moment and it's been proven with my laptop at the moment.

The 5870M was a 75w GPU, and the 6970M is a 100w GPU. The M17x R2 was only rated to cool a 75w GPU. It's cooling a 100w GPU relatively easily. tongue.gif
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6300HQ Dell Proprietary 4GB Nvidia GTX 960M Samsung 12GB (1x8GB 1x4GB) DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB SanDisk M.2 SSD 1TB HGST 7.2k HDD Custom Cooling by Dell Solutions Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
15.6" 1920x1080 IPS Screen Dell 130w PSU Logitech G602 Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 'Ripper' Mouse Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2760QM Toshiba Qosmio X775 Nvidia 1.5GB GTX 560M 8GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB Samsung 830 SSD + 1TB HGST 7200RPM HDD CD/DVD-RW Stock Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
17.3" - 1600x900 Standard backlit 180w Power Adapter Logitech G500s 
Audio
Harmon/Kardon Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6300HQ Dell Proprietary 4GB Nvidia GTX 960M Samsung 12GB (1x8GB 1x4GB) DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB SanDisk M.2 SSD 1TB HGST 7.2k HDD Custom Cooling by Dell Solutions Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
15.6" 1920x1080 IPS Screen Dell 130w PSU Logitech G602 Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 'Ripper' Mouse Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2760QM Toshiba Qosmio X775 Nvidia 1.5GB GTX 560M 8GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB Samsung 830 SSD + 1TB HGST 7200RPM HDD CD/DVD-RW Stock Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
17.3" - 1600x900 Standard backlit 180w Power Adapter Logitech G500s 
Audio
Harmon/Kardon Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 93
Just a question, is there an Alienware laptop that has no-frills designs? I really dislike attention-getting computers.
post #76 of 93
And yet I pulled it open and it was alunuim, mind you it was 08. Still was expensive as crap computer, and it was poorly built and overpriced. Maybe they changed, but you look up the track record of RMA's for Alienware it's terrible. Like it or not it's owned by Dell, designed by Dell, built by Dell, manged by Dell, and RMA handled by dell. I don't mean to offend, but my personal experince and my friends' who program and repair computers for a living, doesn't like them for the same reason. Your paying a big markup for branding (Just like the Beats by Dre). Doesn't mean their bad, but it's certianly something you don't buy on a buget.
Mortifier
(18 items)
 
Jank-top
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K X79 Extreme9 EVGA GTX 980 Ti Kingpin (72%ASIC) Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel 730 series SSD  Intel 520 series SSD Western Digital Caverlier Black LG 24x CD/DVD combo 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC Raystorm Rev 2 Windows 10 Philips 272S4LPJCB 27- 27inch 2 ms 1440p Asus VW246H- 24inch 2 ms 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Coolermaster Slient Gold Pro 1200 watt Haf X Razer Naga Molten 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Goliathus Audio Technica Pro 700mk2 Studio Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Mortifier
(18 items)
 
Jank-top
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K X79 Extreme9 EVGA GTX 980 Ti Kingpin (72%ASIC) Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel 730 series SSD  Intel 520 series SSD Western Digital Caverlier Black LG 24x CD/DVD combo 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC Raystorm Rev 2 Windows 10 Philips 272S4LPJCB 27- 27inch 2 ms 1440p Asus VW246H- 24inch 2 ms 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Coolermaster Slient Gold Pro 1200 watt Haf X Razer Naga Molten 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Goliathus Audio Technica Pro 700mk2 Studio Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #77 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Bad Day View Post

Just a question, is there an Alienware laptop that has no-frills designs? I really dislike attention-getting computers.

Dell XPS line, it's basically the same thing. Yet again I don't recommend Dells, but that's the answer you wanted.
Mortifier
(18 items)
 
Jank-top
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K X79 Extreme9 EVGA GTX 980 Ti Kingpin (72%ASIC) Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel 730 series SSD  Intel 520 series SSD Western Digital Caverlier Black LG 24x CD/DVD combo 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC Raystorm Rev 2 Windows 10 Philips 272S4LPJCB 27- 27inch 2 ms 1440p Asus VW246H- 24inch 2 ms 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Coolermaster Slient Gold Pro 1200 watt Haf X Razer Naga Molten 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Goliathus Audio Technica Pro 700mk2 Studio Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Mortifier
(18 items)
 
Jank-top
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K X79 Extreme9 EVGA GTX 980 Ti Kingpin (72%ASIC) Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel 730 series SSD  Intel 520 series SSD Western Digital Caverlier Black LG 24x CD/DVD combo 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC Raystorm Rev 2 Windows 10 Philips 272S4LPJCB 27- 27inch 2 ms 1440p Asus VW246H- 24inch 2 ms 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Coolermaster Slient Gold Pro 1200 watt Haf X Razer Naga Molten 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Goliathus Audio Technica Pro 700mk2 Studio Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilletis View Post

And yet I pulled it open and it was alunuim, mind you it was 08. Still was expensive as crap computer, and it was poorly built and overpriced. Maybe they changed, but you look up the track record of RMA's for Alienware it's terrible. Like it or not it's owned by Dell, designed by Dell, built by Dell, manged by Dell, and RMA handled by dell. I don't mean to offend, but my personal experince and my friends' who program and repair computers for a living, doesn't like them for the same reason. Your paying a big markup for branding (Just like the Beats by Dre). Doesn't mean their bad, but it's certianly something you don't buy on a buget.

And I say, go to Notebookreview.com and attempt to rant over there. tongue.gif $50 says you get proven wrong and are made a laughing stock on the entire forum within 5 minutes of attempting. rolleyes.gif

If you want a hassle-free purchase that's easy to go through, few extra hoops, then the Alienware line isn't for you. However, if you want a quality machine, then perhaps devoting a bit more of your time is wiser if you get a product that lasts considerably longer and under considerably more stress. This machine has gone through HELL and I'll be damned if one laptop hater is gonna try and sway me from the obvious truth.

Back in 08', Alienware used the European laptop body named "Clevo" which is commonly known in the United States as "Sager". So if your beef is because they made a poorly designed laptop FIVE YEARS AGO, then your fight is with Clevo; not with the Alienware crew at the time. You claim to have seen this aluminum heatsink design with your own eyes, yet fail to show any evidence. If one was going to go to this length to bash a company and make THIS kind of remark about their capabilities, you'd have shown some grain of proof. Though I highly doubt you're going to say much more than "I don't save that kind of stuff." and to that I say:

Sorry. Heresay doesn't get you too far on OCN. I.E. Pics or it didn't happen.


Also, Dell isn't that bad of a company by comparison to some of the other horrid examples out there. Namely, HP and, unfortunately, Asus. They've changed a good bit and really... I've even gotten the bad end of the stick with them a few times. Sure they make "quality" laptops, but their Customer Support has been lacking as of late. Just go look around the Internet, you'll find more than one horror story regarding terrible RMA service.


Lastly, since you believe that buying an Alienware will cost you another half grand over a similarly specced gaming laptop, so you insinuate, I will inform you on how to negate this apparent truth. YES I admit that Alienware is a bit over-priced. But like many other things, Apple included, people will pay a premium if it's considered unique enough to them.

1.) Spec the Alienware as you wish.
2.) Spec a Clevo of equal size the same as the Alienware.
3.) Call Dell and proceed to haggle.
4.) State you wish to buy the Alienware over the Sager, but cannot afford it.
5.) Request them to price match.
6.) Use the better valued Clevo laptop to persuade them to your cause.
7.) Further reinforce your point by adding a few more things to your Clevo, showing what you can also get for the same price.
8.) Purchase happily.

It's called EFFORT. Sometimes it's needed in life. Don't like that? Sorry, this isn't Star Trek yet. You have to actually open the doors AND close them. Except at Walmart... unless... you go in the side doors... >.>
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6300HQ Dell Proprietary 4GB Nvidia GTX 960M Samsung 12GB (1x8GB 1x4GB) DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB SanDisk M.2 SSD 1TB HGST 7.2k HDD Custom Cooling by Dell Solutions Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
15.6" 1920x1080 IPS Screen Dell 130w PSU Logitech G602 Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 'Ripper' Mouse Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2760QM Toshiba Qosmio X775 Nvidia 1.5GB GTX 560M 8GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB Samsung 830 SSD + 1TB HGST 7200RPM HDD CD/DVD-RW Stock Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
17.3" - 1600x900 Standard backlit 180w Power Adapter Logitech G500s 
Audio
Harmon/Kardon Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6300HQ Dell Proprietary 4GB Nvidia GTX 960M Samsung 12GB (1x8GB 1x4GB) DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB SanDisk M.2 SSD 1TB HGST 7.2k HDD Custom Cooling by Dell Solutions Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
15.6" 1920x1080 IPS Screen Dell 130w PSU Logitech G602 Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 'Ripper' Mouse Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2760QM Toshiba Qosmio X775 Nvidia 1.5GB GTX 560M 8GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB Samsung 830 SSD + 1TB HGST 7200RPM HDD CD/DVD-RW Stock Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
17.3" - 1600x900 Standard backlit 180w Power Adapter Logitech G500s 
Audio
Harmon/Kardon Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #79 of 93
Huh, you can do that? I'm a bit skeptical because whenever my dad calls tech support (Dell, Trendnet, ISP, etc), it takes him over two hours, and sometimes has to repeatedly call tech support because he got transferred (and dropped), or the fix didn't work.
post #80 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imglidinhere View Post

And I say, go to Notebookreview.com and attempt to rant over there. tongue.gif $50 says you get proven wrong and are made a laughing stock on the entire forum within 5 minutes of attempting. rolleyes.gif

If you want a hassle-free purchase that's easy to go through, few extra hoops, then the Alienware line isn't for you. However, if you want a quality machine, then perhaps devoting a bit more of your time is wiser if you get a product that lasts considerably longer and under considerably more stress. This machine has gone through HELL and I'll be damned if one laptop hater is gonna try and sway me from the obvious truth.

Back in 08', Alienware used the European laptop body named "Clevo" which is commonly known in the United States as "Sager". So if your beef is because they made a poorly designed laptop FIVE YEARS AGO, then your fight is with Clevo; not with the Alienware crew at the time. You claim to have seen this aluminum heatsink design with your own eyes, yet fail to show any evidence. If one was going to go to this length to bash a company and make THIS kind of remark about their capabilities, you'd have shown some grain of proof. Though I highly doubt you're going to say much more than "I don't save that kind of stuff." and to that I say:

Sorry. Heresay doesn't get you too far on OCN. I.E. Pics or it didn't happen.


Also, Dell isn't that bad of a company by comparison to some of the other horrid examples out there. Namely, HP and, unfortunately, Asus. They've changed a good bit and really... I've even gotten the bad end of the stick with them a few times. Sure they make "quality" laptops, but their Customer Support has been lacking as of late. Just go look around the Internet, you'll find more than one horror story regarding terrible RMA service.


Lastly, since you believe that buying an Alienware will cost you another half grand over a similarly specced gaming laptop, so you insinuate, I will inform you on how to negate this apparent truth. YES I admit that Alienware is a bit over-priced. But like many other things, Apple included, people will pay a premium if it's considered unique enough to them.

1.) Spec the Alienware as you wish.
2.) Spec a Clevo of equal size the same as the Alienware.
3.) Call Dell and proceed to haggle.
4.) State you wish to buy the Alienware over the Sager, but cannot afford it.
5.) Request them to price match.
6.) Use the better valued Clevo laptop to persuade them to your cause.
7.) Further reinforce your point by adding a few more things to your Clevo, showing what you can also get for the same price.
8.) Purchase happily.

It's called EFFORT. Sometimes it's needed in life. Don't like that? Sorry, this isn't Star Trek yet. You have to actually open the doors AND close them. Except at Walmart... unless... you go in the side doors... >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imglidinhere View Post

No. You clearly have no clue what you're talking about if you think that ANY Alienware laptop had an Aluminum heatsink. Even the crappy generic REGULAR laptops have a full copper heatsink.

So you're clearly talking absolute crap at the moment. Alienware has the best cooling at the moment and it's been proven with my laptop at the moment.

The 5870M was a 75w GPU, and the 6970M is a 100w GPU. The M17x R2 was only rated to cool a 75w GPU. It's cooling a 100w GPU relatively easily. tongue.gif

Wow, just wow, I wasn't going to do this but you asked for it:

Full Copper Heatsinks in most laptops you say?





CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 70







But wait this is more:

Full Aluminum Heatsink:



But wait for a limited time:

ALIEN-WARE LAPTOPS WITH ALUMINUM HEATS-SINKS:



Proof you say? proof.gif
http://buy.vivastreet.co.uk/computers+creekmouth-ig11/alienware-aurora-m9700-laptop-heatsink---fan-cpu-a23683/46632979

You clearly know nothing about laptops. Most laptops have Aluminum in the heat-sinks unless their very high end. Nobody likes fanboys flaming forums. Speaking of effort, I found these pictures in 30 seconds verifying your information was wrong. You really have made a fool of yourself here. I wonder what does OCN do with A know it all, that knows nothing. Your one laptop proves nothing, in fact it's a counter argument to you admitting fault. I have disassembled dozens of laptops, and I know my information first hand. Alienware's are notorious for heat problems, it's all over YouTube, Google, Review Sites, Dell Forums, and my first hand experience.

I really never meant to offend anybody, but you obviously need to follow your own advice here. 2cents.gif

Honestly If your are happy with your purchase that is all that matters. I'm glad your satisfied, It's a consumers market, and we appreciate input from experience. But when somebody counters this input, the last thing you should do is make broad assumptions and character attacks, it makes you look foolish.

I want no hard feelings on these forums, we are all here because we enjoy computers, and that should be it. cheers.gif
Mortifier
(18 items)
 
Jank-top
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K X79 Extreme9 EVGA GTX 980 Ti Kingpin (72%ASIC) Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel 730 series SSD  Intel 520 series SSD Western Digital Caverlier Black LG 24x CD/DVD combo 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC Raystorm Rev 2 Windows 10 Philips 272S4LPJCB 27- 27inch 2 ms 1440p Asus VW246H- 24inch 2 ms 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Coolermaster Slient Gold Pro 1200 watt Haf X Razer Naga Molten 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Goliathus Audio Technica Pro 700mk2 Studio Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Mortifier
(18 items)
 
Jank-top
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K X79 Extreme9 EVGA GTX 980 Ti Kingpin (72%ASIC) Patriot Memory  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel 730 series SSD  Intel 520 series SSD Western Digital Caverlier Black LG 24x CD/DVD combo 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC Raystorm Rev 2 Windows 10 Philips 272S4LPJCB 27- 27inch 2 ms 1440p Asus VW246H- 24inch 2 ms 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Coolermaster Slient Gold Pro 1200 watt Haf X Razer Naga Molten 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Goliathus Audio Technica Pro 700mk2 Studio Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Laptops and Netbooks
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Laptops and Netbooks › Getting a new gaming laptop---670MX/675M/675MX---Asus vs MSI?