Unfortunately, March 16th and March 23rd just don't look like they are going to work.
A little more detail:
- We contacted many great venues. Some were available during those dates and things looked very promising.
- One of the venues really impressed us and was our number one selection. The prices appeared to be workable.
- After recieveing the quotes from their exclusive AV company, it no longer looks doable. For reference, the AV would have cost 7 times more than our last event. It would have blown our budget.
So what's next?
- We are planning on an even larger upcoming event with $15,000 in prizing. We will have the venue and pricing secured before posting an interest thread this time :)
- We are working with eSportsCanada to setup MONTHLY online tournaments. We hope our first event will be in March. More news to come.
To say sorry...
- We know many of you were as excited about this possible event as we were. We put a lot of work into it already and it always sucks when you have to come to terms with it not coming to frutition (for now). So, we will be randomly giving out $1,500 (15 x $100) in paypal prizes to people who voted in the poll in this thread before the time of this post. We are just doing the DB pull now. Winners will be announced shortly.
Sorry again guys. Our next one will be bigger and better than ever.
We are looking to bring it back again :) If you had fun at our last Grand Champion Series event in Toronto, we think you will love this one! We are looking at gauging interest at this point - please vote accordingly. If you only think you can attend, please don't vote until you know.
- Saturday, March 16th
- Most likely from 10am - 2am.
- LAN (games TBA, teams allowed)
- All ages
- Alcohol will be served to those of age
- $20 reservation fee (free food and non-alcoholic drinks)
- Bring your own gear
- Very cool location in Toronto, Canada area (TBA)
- $10,000 in cash
- Sponsor prizing
- What would you like to see at this event? More Ln2 cooking? More demos? What LAN games? Please include your suggestions in this thread!