Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › AMD Phenom or FX
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD Phenom or FX - Page 26

post #251 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixson01974 View Post

I have done some bench test with people here with a 6300 vs Phenom II x4 vs Phenom II x6. Phenom IIx4/x6 speeds between 4.0-4.5ghz and 6300 4.0-4.8ghz. 6300 equal or beat a Phenom II x4 and a Phenom II x6 slight a head of a 6300. 6300 @ 4.8ghz equal a Phenom II x4/x6 @ 4.5ghz in single thread benchs. 6300 @ 4.8ghz beat a Phenom II x4 @ 4.5ghz and slightly behind a Phenom II x6 @ 4.2ghz on multi thread bench.
So with what I have seen. A 6300 is an upgrade from a Phenom II x4 and 8320 or 8350 is an upgrade from Phenom II x6.
Remember on average oc on a Phenom II is 4.0-4.2ghz and the average oc on a 6300/8320/8350 is 4.5-4.8ghz.

Fixed, would be easier to quote yourself biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixson01974 View Post

Nice 960T sir. I have seen some Phenom II 1090T and 960T that can run 2400 too. So yes a Thuban can run memory higher than 2000, but in most cases only 2 sticks of ram.
This thread is way out of control here.
We started post bench test to show that a 6300 can beat a Phenom II x4 at 4.0-4.2ghz and rule out a Phenom II x6 vs. 6300 myth.
Here is what we fould out here with some benches.
A 6300 @ 4.7ghz will easily beat a Phenom II x4 @ 4.0-4.2ghz.
A Phenom II x6 @ 4.0-4.2ghz is slighty fast then a 6300 @ 4.7ghz.
So it is like this.
4300 < Phenom II x4 < 6300 < Phenom II x6.

We didn't include any FX 8320 or FX 8350, because we was talking Phenom II x4 vs 4300 vs 6300 here.

All this was discussed and tested, if people read the old post ....
post #252 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixson01974 View Post

I have done some bench test with people here with a 6300 vs Phenom II x4 vs Phenom II x6. Phenom IIx4/x6 speeds between 4.0-4.5ghz and 6300 4.0-4.8ghz. 6300 equal or beat a Phenom II x4 and a Phenom II x6 slightly a head of a 6300. 6300 @ 4.8ghz equal a Phenom II x6 @ 4ghz in single thread benchs. 6300 @ 4.8ghz beat a Phenom II x4 @ 4GHz and slightly behind a Phenom II x6 @ 4ghz on multi thread bench.
So with what I have seen. A 6300 is an upgrade from a Phenom II x4 and 8320 or 8350 is an upgrade from Phenom II x6.
Remember on average oc on a Phenom II is 4.0-4.2ghz and the average oc on a 6300/8320/8350 is 4.5-4.8ghz.

fixed.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #253 of 290
Sorry Guys and Gals. I thought we did a few with a Phenom II at 4.5ghz.
HTPC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A-3870K AsRock A75 Pro (FM1) HyperX DDR3 1866 8 GB SAMSUNG 830 256gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 2TB Plextor Black Blu-ray Burner Phenom II X4 stock Cooler Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
LG M2762D-PM Glossy Black 27" 5ms (1920x1080) Antec HG 900 Gerenic ATX Case 
  hide details  
Reply
HTPC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A-3870K AsRock A75 Pro (FM1) HyperX DDR3 1866 8 GB SAMSUNG 830 256gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 2TB Plextor Black Blu-ray Burner Phenom II X4 stock Cooler Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
LG M2762D-PM Glossy Black 27" 5ms (1920x1080) Antec HG 900 Gerenic ATX Case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #254 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawelr98 View Post

But if you look at price point phenom ii wins almost everytime (mainly 1045t wchich cost half of 8350)

No. Just no.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_value_alltime.html

This is by the way, ALL TIME. What was the first $100+ cpu here? FX-6300 in 13th place?!?! The whole site must be biased. This is a scandal. I demand a recount.

List of other AMD chips with a higher price-performance ratio...


FX-8320 14th
FX-8150 15th
FX-8120 16th
FX-6100 18th
FX-8350 19th
FX-6200 20th
A8-5600K 23rd
A8-5500 24th
A6-3650 25th

And finally, coming in 27th place, the first Phenom II on the list... The 1045T... And that is with it valued at $110 dollars.
Edited by m0bius - 1/23/13 at 6:00pm
post #255 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtyr View Post


You said this is wrong, i'm only showing that maybe isn't

Maybe if you read the thread, your questions will be resolved ......

And why unlocked, mine isn't, and here cost only 100 euros, fx 6300 cost 126 euros and FX 8350 190 euros.

And repeat , read the thread, i think you haven't

Believe me, I've read far more of this debate than you have, I'm just getting tired of the dramatic exaggerations made by those say that Phenom II will be better than any CPU AMD makes for the next 15 years.

No, what you say is highly misleading. FX has many advantages over Phenom II. "Saving Grace" is a derogatory term which basically says, "Oh yeah it's the only reason why it's any good." There are situations where a 4300 would stomp the best X6 Phenom II just because the PII doesn't support certain instructions.

There are several reasons why FX is better, take the IMC for example. Deneb/Thuban have one of the worst IMCs ever made. That's the only reason that overclocking your CPU/NB "improves" performance, it's because it's so bad it bottlenecks the ENTIRE ARCHITECHURE. It is a bad design.

1 Phenom core takes more power than 1 FX core as well... The only reason (and I do mean only) why high-end FX chips draw more power than Phenom II is because they are running a bare minimum of 2 additional cores by comparison to Phenom II. An FX-6xxx will draw less power than a Phenom II X6, and for general purpose use will perform just as well, if not better, overclocked or not.

ALL FX chips are unlocked. 1045Ts are limited to bus only overclocks. I've seen Phenom IIs that won't run a 250 bus... (Goodbye 3.9GHz...) There are also boards which have problems with bus overclocking. If you're seriously going to suggest that unlocked multipliers mean nothing, then I have nothing else to say...

So I counter your statement with "Phenom II x6's ONLY saving grace is the fact that they turn on... and... do stuff..." Yeah, that's about what you sounded like.
Edited by m0bius - 1/23/13 at 7:09pm
post #256 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

tri should fetch around 20K in 3DMark11. you need to oc your cpu more. it could be only 2 gpus are working in ccc. check it.

It's not my score, it was the first score that came up on a search on futuremark, and just as expected, the CPU scores blew Phenom II out of the water.
Edited by m0bius - 1/23/13 at 7:23pm
post #257 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawelr98 View Post

Also phenom II produced in 2010 can break 4.5ghz stable at about 1.5-1.6 vcore. With good cooling(and a bit lucky chip) you can hit almost 4.8ghz stable (something like 1.625-1.6375 vcore) then just k10stat to decrease degradation (custom CnQ).Anyway locked multi thubans can be oced over 4ghz with 100-120$ motherboards(8+2 phase,300+ htt capable).

Yeah, maybe the top .001 percent. I've owned many Phenom IIs, not a single one was stable over 4.3 without 1.6v, x4 and x6 alike. You have a great chip, congratulations, but virtually no other Phenoms can run that speed/voltage without exotic cooling, which is why most people state 4.0GHz is the most you can "expect" to get, and 4.2GHz being considered "excellent binning."

Multi-locked chips do not necessarily overclock just as well as unlocked chips. If they did, there would be absolutely no market for unlocked chips, which is the only reason PII has hung around this long.
post #258 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuredragon1 View Post

Or you can just get a FX and hit those Levels without going hard on the vcore.

I hit those speeds on stock volts with my 8350... Which is 1.325v.... I'd love to ANY Phenom II with stock voltages come even close to ballparking that. Oh, and I paid significantly less for my chip.
post #259 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0bius View Post

It's not my score, it was the first score that came up on a search on futuremark, and just as expected, blew Phenom II out of the water.

if it was for 2 gpus - yes. chip must be at stock.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #260 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaa View Post

955 or 965 for sure if you are overclocking.

lmao what? 965's can't OC for crap and take a huge chunk of voltages just to get to 4GHz and you need water cooling..May get 500mhz out of them at best. My cousins 4100 OC'd to 4.7 with ease.
Hobbes
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4790K GA-Z97X-SOC Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Predator 240mm Windows 7 x64 Das Keyboard 4 Professional CherryMX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X750 Gold Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G900 Schiit Bifrost Uber W/ USB Gen 2 DAC 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Asgard 2 Headphone Amp Audioengine N22 Speaker Amp AudioQuest Nighthawk Audioengine P4 Monitors. 
  hide details  
Reply
Hobbes
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4790K GA-Z97X-SOC Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Predator 240mm Windows 7 x64 Das Keyboard 4 Professional CherryMX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X750 Gold Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G900 Schiit Bifrost Uber W/ USB Gen 2 DAC 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Asgard 2 Headphone Amp Audioengine N22 Speaker Amp AudioQuest Nighthawk Audioengine P4 Monitors. 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › AMD Phenom or FX