Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › 3570k build- people who like to criticise are more than welcome
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

3570k build- people who like to criticise are more than welcome - Page 2

post #11 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andstraus View Post

Yup it should accommodate H100 with p/p fans. Nzxt 410 owners club Just look at the OP Thread. Hope this helped thumb.gif

thanks mate. will look through that thread right away:thumb:
post #12 of 44
Motherboard is an overpriced waste of money. Go with a Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H or an ASRock Extreme6. Has plenty of options/features and both are great overclockers.

If you want higher speed memory, go with the Samsung Wonder Ram (32nm Low Volt) it can clock to 2133MHz quite easily and it's only $40 for 8GB.

You can get a 1TB WD Blue or 1TB Seagate for about $80, the Black drive is a waste of money IMO.

I'd say go with a Samsung 840 or 830 series over the OCZ SSD too.

You really want a Gold Certified PSU. Find a Seasonic, Rosewill, or Silverstone 550-650w in your Price Range. A Fully Modular Power Supply really helps out with cable management.

(trying to color coordinate your rig becomes expensive, or wasteful IMO, if you want to do such things with your build, DIY).
post #13 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzorshaman View Post


CPU Cooler- Corsair Hydro Series H60 74.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard -Asus Maximus V Gene Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Power Supply- Antec High Current Gamer 520W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

rayzorshaman I think you're on the right track man! Building for the first time is always so much fun, and you'll learn so much from it.

Just before we get started, I understand that you're wanting to keep a specific theme, but these are some good suggestions that I would keep in mind.

If you look at my build I'm using a mATX build aswell, and I'm running Dual 670 FTW's, and I'm using the ASRock Z77 Extreme 4-M motherboard. I personally think the ASUS Max V is overpriced, and the ASRock board that I'm going to link has just as many features and it's about $60 cheaper.

I would also recommend dropping the H60 and getting an H80 if you're looking to OC, or possibly going air and running a Hyper 212 +/evo ($35).

As far as your PSU goes I would also recommend going with a Corsair or Seasonic and would say about 650w, just for headroom of your GPU, CPU, and other addons.

Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157294

Hyper 212+/evo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151119&Tpk=seasonic%20550
Colossus
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Extreme4 SLI EVGA 670 FTW Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 256gb ASUS DRW Hyper 212+ P/P Windows 8 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2311x Razer Blackwidow Seasonic x650 Corsair Graphite 600t 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Death Adder Steelseries Astro A40 2013 edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Colossus
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Extreme4 SLI EVGA 670 FTW Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 256gb ASUS DRW Hyper 212+ P/P Windows 8 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2311x Razer Blackwidow Seasonic x650 Corsair Graphite 600t 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Death Adder Steelseries Astro A40 2013 edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

Motherboard is an overpriced waste of money. Go with a Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H or an ASRock Extreme6. Has plenty of options/features and both are great overclockers.

If you want higher speed memory, go with the Samsung Wonder Ram (32nm Low Volt) it can clock to 2133MHz quite easily and it's only $40 for 8GB.

You can get a 1TB WD Blue or 1TB Seagate for about $80, the Black drive is a waste of money IMO.

I'd say go with a Samsung 840 or 830 series over the OCZ SSD too.

You really want a Gold Certified PSU. Find a Seasonic, Rosewill, or Silverstone 550-650w in your Price Range. A Fully Modular Power Supply really helps out with cable management.

(trying to color coordinate your rig becomes expensive, or wasteful IMO, if you want to do such things with your build, DIY).

Oh thanks for opinion bro but the thing is i know people who work in stores who can give me massive discounts but i will consider your suggestions
post #15 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzorshaman View Post

Oh thanks for opinion bro but the thing is i know people who work in stores who can give me massive discounts but i will consider your suggestions

Well, if you can get massive discounts. It changes some things, but even with the products I suggested + massive discounts, that will keep large sums of money in your pocket. wink.gif
post #16 of 44
Thread Starter 
All right guys well i took another look at it and heres what i came up with.

http://pcpartpicker.com/nz/p/xwQu

Once again id like these to be judged by youu smile.gif
post #17 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdenpaka View Post

rayzorshaman I think you're on the right track man! Building for the first time is always so much fun, and you'll learn so much from it.

Just before we get started, I understand that you're wanting to keep a specific theme, but these are some good suggestions that I would keep in mind.

If you look at my build I'm using a mATX build aswell, and I'm running Dual 670 FTW's, and I'm using the ASRock Z77 Extreme 4-M motherboard. I personally think the ASUS Max V is overpriced, and the ASRock board that I'm going to link has just as many features and it's about $60 cheaper.

I would also recommend dropping the H60 and getting an H80 if you're looking to OC, or possibly going air and running a Hyper 212 +/evo ($35).

As far as your PSU goes I would also recommend going with a Corsair or Seasonic and would say about 650w, just for headroom of your GPU, CPU, and other addons.

Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157294

Hyper 212+/evo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151119&Tpk=seasonic%20550

Wow thanks for awesome suggestions smile.gif
Will definitely look into that and consider some parts u have for my final build
Thanks a bunch ^^

Btw link or pm me ur build im keen to look at it
Edited by rayzorshaman - 1/14/13 at 12:44am
post #18 of 44
Mate, I was going through PCPartpicker NZ and it reminded me how expensive stuff is in NZ. No wonder all my Kiwi friends are coming overhere to live with us Aussies tongue.gif

Anyway just had a tinker on partpicker and came up with this.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($315.00 @ Computer Lounge)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($56.35 @ PB Technologies)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($191.02 @ Ascent Technology)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.00 @ PC Force)
Storage: OCZ Vertex 3 – MAX IOPS Edition 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($274.84 @ PB Technologies)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($99.00 @ PC Force)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($499.00 @ Computer Lounge)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($199.00 @ Computer Lounge)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($179.00 @ Computer Lounge)
Total: $1892.21

I changed the cooler from the H100 to the CM Hyper 212 for very good reasons. The Hyper 212 will enable you to easily overclock up to 4.6ghz. How do I know? Because I have my 3570k at that speed right now on a 212 EVO. Will the H100 give you more? Yeah, you can probably guarantee at least another 200mhz. That said when I get the time to tinker with my oc more I reckon I will run at a stable 4.7-4.8ghz. The H100 will give you a tiny bit more out of the chip for a four fold increase in cost. Not worth it. Not even close to worth it. Get the 212 and you won't regret it mate. thumb.gif

I switched the motherboard to the Extreme-4 M because it offers, for all intents and purposes, identical specs but costs $170 less. Now I am sure your mates can get you discounts but damn. $170 bucks just to have a little bit of red on the mobo? Most of which will disappear under your ram and graphics card. Save the money mate and stick in some red LED fans and strips or cathodes. It'll give you a better look anyway.

I shoved in a 1TB HDD. Because that 240gb SSD will fill up faster than you'd believe was possible. wink.gif

Switched to a Gigabyte 7950, the performance with the Asus model is within the margin of error (essentially identical) but the GB model is $50 cheaper.

All round I think you had a pretty decent setup, just the cooler and mobo seemed a bit wasteful. Some people are down on air-cooling but the reality is that it works very well; and only gets loud when you load the fan up to full power. Since that only really happens during burn in tests, you will barely notice any sound at all biggrin.gif In NZ where the ambient temperatures are pretty low for most of the year you should get even better oc'ing than I do up here in Brisbane.
Edited by Lrae Nekram - 1/14/13 at 2:59am
Vengence
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 Gigabyte 670 OC Corsair 8Gb Vengence 1600Mhz CL8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SanDIsk Extreme 480GB SSD Western Digital 500GB Caviar Blue LG Blu-Ray Reader/Writer Combo Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit BenQ 27" Corsair HX650W Cooler Master HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Vengence
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 Gigabyte 670 OC Corsair 8Gb Vengence 1600Mhz CL8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SanDIsk Extreme 480GB SSD Western Digital 500GB Caviar Blue LG Blu-Ray Reader/Writer Combo Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit BenQ 27" Corsair HX650W Cooler Master HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrae Nekram View Post

Mate, I was going through PCPartpicker NZ and it reminded me how expensive stuff is in NZ. No wonder all my Kiwi friends are coming overhere to live with us Aussies tongue.gif

Anyway just had a tinker on partpicker and came up with this.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($315.00 @ Computer Lounge)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($56.35 @ PB Technologies)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($191.02 @ Ascent Technology)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.00 @ PC Force)
Storage: OCZ Vertex 3 – MAX IOPS Edition 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($274.84 @ PB Technologies)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($99.00 @ PC Force)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($499.00 @ Computer Lounge)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($199.00 @ Computer Lounge)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($179.00 @ Computer Lounge)
Total: $1892.21

I changed the cooler from the H100 to the CM Hyper 212 for very good reasons. The Hyper 212 will enable you to easily overclock up to 4.6ghz. How do I know? Because I have my 3570k at that speed right now on a 212 EVO. Will the H100 give you more? Yeah, you can probably guarantee at least another 200mhz. That said when I get the time to tinker with my oc more I reckon I will run at a stable 4.7-4.8ghz. The H100 will give you a tiny bit more out of the chip for a four fold increase in cost. Not worth it. Not even close to worth it. Get the 212 and you won't regret it mate. thumb.gif

I switched the motherboard to the Extreme-4 M because it offers, for all intents and purposes, identical specs but costs $170 less. Now I am sure your mates can get you discounts but damn. $170 bucks just to have a little bit of red on the mobo? Most of which will disappear under your ram and graphics card. Save the money mate and stick in some red LED fans and strips or cathodes. It'll give you a better look anyway.

I shoved in a 1TB HDD. Because that 240gb SSD will fill up faster than you'd believe was possible. wink.gif

Switched to a Gigabyte 7950, the performance with the Asus model is within the margin of error (essentially identical) but the GB model is $50 cheaper.

All round I think you had a pretty decent setup, just the cooler and mobo seemed a bit wasteful. Some people are down on air-cooling but the reality is that it works very well; and only gets loud when you load the fan up to full power. Since that only really happens during burn in tests, you will barely notice any sound at all biggrin.gif In NZ where the ambient temperatures are pretty low for most of the year you should get even better oc'ing than I do up here in Brisbane.

Hey its a brother from across the ditch biggrin.gif
Yea since i showed the parts to some "experts" they told me almost exactly the same thing haha so i might go with your plan really cuz i reckon it'll be pretty sweet haha.

Also for the colour coordination i looked at it and it shouldnt be that bad still. Was going for a black and red mainly and the mobo and gpu are mostly black thumb.gif
Thanks alot broo ^.^
post #20 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzorshaman View Post

Thanks a bunch ^^

Btw link or pm me ur build im keen to look at it

You're definitely welcome.

My avatar picture is my build ,and the build for "Ephix" is all of the hardware specs that I have for it.
Edited by bdenpaka - 1/15/13 at 12:58pm
Colossus
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Extreme4 SLI EVGA 670 FTW Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 256gb ASUS DRW Hyper 212+ P/P Windows 8 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2311x Razer Blackwidow Seasonic x650 Corsair Graphite 600t 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Death Adder Steelseries Astro A40 2013 edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Colossus
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Extreme4 SLI EVGA 670 FTW Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 256gb ASUS DRW Hyper 212+ P/P Windows 8 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2311x Razer Blackwidow Seasonic x650 Corsair Graphite 600t 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Death Adder Steelseries Astro A40 2013 edition 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › 3570k build- people who like to criticise are more than welcome