Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Did XFX Ripoff My RMA?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Did XFX Ripoff My RMA? - Page 7  

post #61 of 80
Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, but I do think there are some good examples of what is wrong with the world today in this thread! biggrin.giftongue.gif
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5ghz GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H Zotac 1080 gtx Samsung  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 500gb SSD M$ 10 Asus ROG PG348Q Corsair 
Case
Case Labs 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX9650 EP45-UD3P Gygabyte XFX 5770 4x1gb Gskill  
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Raptor Raid 0 Vista 64bit Samsung 2494 G15 v1 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair Case Labs MX518 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i5 3570k Gigabyte H77N-Wifi GSkill 2x2gb Crucial M4 256gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
4x2tb raid Blu-ray Corsair H90 W7 Home Premium 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Case Labs S3 Mercury Logitech MX Performance Audio Engine 5 Dayton Sub-120 
  hide details  
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5ghz GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H Zotac 1080 gtx Samsung  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 500gb SSD M$ 10 Asus ROG PG348Q Corsair 
Case
Case Labs 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX9650 EP45-UD3P Gygabyte XFX 5770 4x1gb Gskill  
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Raptor Raid 0 Vista 64bit Samsung 2494 G15 v1 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair Case Labs MX518 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i5 3570k Gigabyte H77N-Wifi GSkill 2x2gb Crucial M4 256gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
4x2tb raid Blu-ray Corsair H90 W7 Home Premium 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Case Labs S3 Mercury Logitech MX Performance Audio Engine 5 Dayton Sub-120 
  hide details  
post #62 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift. View Post

Yeah, I'm totally with you there.

I was just under the impression that the particular 6750 I got was a step-down form the 9800GT I had previously.

Since that's not quite the case (even with half the memory bus), I'm quite happy with the outcome. Maybe I'll even save a few bucks a month on electricity with it's lower power consumption. tongue.gif

You did pretty good. The 9800 was an expensive high end card in it's day, but today it's a card you get off CL or ebay for $40.
I'm sure you could just as easily sell the 6750 & buy another 9800 (even pocket a few bucks), but I'd probably keep the 6750.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
post #63 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7269 View Post

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, but I do think there are some good examples of what is wrong with the world today in this thread! biggrin.giftongue.gif

I guess.

But if you read any lifetime warranty they all state that IF that card is still manufactured they will provide you with a replacement. However IF that card is no longer in production they will replace it with a equal or greater performing card.
Quote:
During the duration of the limited hardware warranty, XFX or its authorized representative will repair any XFX-branded hardware products returned to us that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship. If XFX or its authorized representative is not able to repair the product, we will replace it with a comparable product that is new or refurbished.

comparable product of a 9800GT to what XFX feels is the 6750. If it really bothered you, you could've called them or emailed them that you wanted a better card. I know a member on the forums here had their PNY GTX470 (480?) die on them and PNY replaced it with a GTX660Ti if I remember right, but they where gonna give him a GTX570(?) before he called and asked again.
average
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K Asus Z97 TUF Gryphon Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO Samsung 850 EVO NZXT Kraken X61 Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
LG 24GM77 Corsair AX1200i Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX 
  hide details  
average
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K Asus Z97 TUF Gryphon Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO Samsung 850 EVO NZXT Kraken X61 Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
LG 24GM77 Corsair AX1200i Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX 
  hide details  
post #64 of 80
The 6750 is a faster and more energy efficient card than the 9800 GT. When the 9800 GT was new, it was a pretty decent card. By today's standards, though, it's slow. It is listed as the minimum requirement card for BF3. Because of this, an HD 6750 is a slight upgrade.

I do feel your pain a little. When I RMA'd my 8800 GTX, I got back a 9800 GTX+. I sent them a card I paid $550 for, and got a card back that at the time was $220 brand new. However, you have to remember that the 9800 GTX+ was faster in most scenarios. Because of this, it was an "upgrade" regardless of perceived value.

Anyone that says you should have gotten a 7950 or a 7870, or some other modern work-horse card clearly does not understand what XFX's warranty is. It's a lifetime warranty that will replace a defective card with one of comparable power. however, that means that after 4 years, what was once powerful is no-longer so, so you will get a card that's further down the line. It is still an upgrade though, which means XFX complied with the warranty terms, and the OP got an upgrade. It may not have been what he wanted, but that's usually how warranties work.

As someone else pointed out, if XFX were to replace every old defective card with a newer card of comparable value when the other card was brand new, they would never make any money. Everyone knows that an HD 7850 runs circles around a 9800 GT. If both cards cost the same to manufacture, then that means XFX makes no money after the first RMA, and actually loses money after the second. NO COMPANY in the world would do that, as that would mean they would never make a profit. However, if you replace a card that cost $100 to manufacture with a card that costs $30 to manufacture today but the cheaper card is still faster, the company is STILL making money, and the consumer is happy because they get a faster card.

That's why XFX is able to offer a lifetime warranty without losing money. thumb.gif
Edited by Mad Pistol - 1/14/13 at 9:29pm
Everest - Intel
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG (1440p, 144hz Gsync) AOC U3477 PQU (3440x1440 IPS) Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core Corsair MM400 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Everest - Intel
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG (1440p, 144hz Gsync) AOC U3477 PQU (3440x1440 IPS) Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core Corsair MM400 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
post #65 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post

The 6750 is a faster and more energy efficient card than the 9800 GT. When the 9800 GT was new, it was a pretty decent card. By today's standards, though, it's slow. It is listed as the minimum requirement card for BF3. Because of this, an HD 6750 is a slight upgrade.

I do feel your pain a little. When I RMA'd my 8800 GTX, I got back a 9800 GTX+. I sent them a card I paid $550 for, and got a card back that at the time was $220 brand new. However, you have to remember that the 9800 GTX+ was faster in most scenarios. Because of this, it was an "upgrade" regardless of perceived value.

Anyone that says you should have gotten a 7950 or a 7870, or some other modern work-horse card clearly does not understand what XFX's warranty is. It's a lifetime warranty that will replace a defective card with one of comparable power. however, that means that after 4 years, what was once powerful is no-longer so, so you will get a card that's further down the line. It is still an upgrade though, which means XFX complied with the warranty terms, and the OP got an upgrade. It may not have been what he wanted, but that's usually how warranties work.

As someone else pointed out, if XFX were to replace every old defective card with a newer card of comparable value when the other card was brand new, they would never make any money. Everyone knows that an HD 7850 runs circles around a 9800 GT. If both cards cost the same to manufacture, then that means XFX makes no money after the first RMA, and actually loses money after the second. NO COMPANY in the world would do that, as that would mean they would never make a profit. However, if you replace a card that cost $100 to manufacture with a card that costs $30 to manufacture today but the cheaper card is still faster, the company is STILL making money, and the consumer is happy because they get a faster card.

That's why XFX is able to offer a lifetime warranty without losing money. thumb.gif

This exactly. Would be hard to explain it any better. Not to mention the replacement card has a warranty also. thumb.gif
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5ghz GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H Zotac 1080 gtx Samsung  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 500gb SSD M$ 10 Asus ROG PG348Q Corsair 
Case
Case Labs 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX9650 EP45-UD3P Gygabyte XFX 5770 4x1gb Gskill  
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Raptor Raid 0 Vista 64bit Samsung 2494 G15 v1 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair Case Labs MX518 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i5 3570k Gigabyte H77N-Wifi GSkill 2x2gb Crucial M4 256gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
4x2tb raid Blu-ray Corsair H90 W7 Home Premium 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Case Labs S3 Mercury Logitech MX Performance Audio Engine 5 Dayton Sub-120 
  hide details  
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5ghz GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H Zotac 1080 gtx Samsung  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 500gb SSD M$ 10 Asus ROG PG348Q Corsair 
Case
Case Labs 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX9650 EP45-UD3P Gygabyte XFX 5770 4x1gb Gskill  
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Raptor Raid 0 Vista 64bit Samsung 2494 G15 v1 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair Case Labs MX518 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i5 3570k Gigabyte H77N-Wifi GSkill 2x2gb Crucial M4 256gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
4x2tb raid Blu-ray Corsair H90 W7 Home Premium 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Case Labs S3 Mercury Logitech MX Performance Audio Engine 5 Dayton Sub-120 
  hide details  
post #66 of 80
THREAD HIJACK - SORRY blushsmiley.gif

Last week I returned my 8800 ultra to XFX as well and got notification today they sent out a new card. I asked what it was and was told it is a AMD Radeon HD 6770 DDR3 1GB model. I'm military and have been away for almost two years so I haven't been able to keep current on developments. Does this card meet the XFX policy of equal to or better performance? confused.gif
post #67 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by esciii View Post

THREAD HIJACK - SORRY blushsmiley.gif

Last week I returned my 8800 ultra to XFX as well and got notification today they sent out a new card. I asked what it was and was told it is a AMD Radeon HD 6770 DDR3 1GB model. I'm military and have been away for almost two years so I haven't been able to keep current on developments. Does this card meet the XFX policy of equal to or better performance? confused.gif

Yes it is better than a 8800 Ultra http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

To the OP the 6570 is on par with a 9800GTX, see link above ^
post #68 of 80
Thanks for the quick reply thumb.gif ...I was kinda worried when I looked at the specs of the 6770. My monitor is 1920x1200 and I like to use maximum settings (or I did two years ago!) and was worried I would get a drop in performance with the new card. I'll probably just sell it and get something better. Thanks for the link, wish I had found it earlier as I've literally been researching for hours! doh.gif
Edited by esciii - 1/15/13 at 12:31am
post #69 of 80
Aren't the XFX warranties meant to exchange on a like for like basis in terms of product range.


IE he bought one of the fastest in the range X amount of years ago and therefor should receive a top of the range equivalent from the current line-up of cards ?



Say if you bought a 9800GX2 and it failed you should receive a 690 ?


Or are XFX warranties performance based ?
Thoreal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 7700k MSI Z270 M5 MSI GTX 1080 Armour 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial 750GB SSD Corsair H60 2013 Windows 10 Pro 64bit & Ubuntu 15.10 27" AOC 2560x1440 144Hz IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G105 XFX 650W XXX Edition Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech G400 
Audio
Zero 96Khz 24Bit DAC/ AMP / Denon AH-D7000 Head... 
  hide details  
Thoreal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 7700k MSI Z270 M5 MSI GTX 1080 Armour 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial 750GB SSD Corsair H60 2013 Windows 10 Pro 64bit & Ubuntu 15.10 27" AOC 2560x1440 144Hz IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G105 XFX 650W XXX Edition Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech G400 
Audio
Zero 96Khz 24Bit DAC/ AMP / Denon AH-D7000 Head... 
  hide details  
post #70 of 80
I personally would have thought you'd have gotten at LEAST a GTS 650 or 7770, not a 6750. However the 6750 is faster than the 9800GT, DX11 ready and overall a better card.
AMD has Ryzen
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX EVGA GTX 1060 3GB ACX 2.0 16GB Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB Crucial SSD Stock RGB Cooler Windows 10 Professional 64 Two KG241Q 75HZ monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Velocifire Brown Switch 10-Keyless. 750W Rosewill Glacier modular.  Thermaltake Core Mini ITX  Logitech G502 Spectrum 
Audio
Superlux 681 w/ HM5 pads.  
  hide details  
AMD has Ryzen
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX EVGA GTX 1060 3GB ACX 2.0 16GB Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB Crucial SSD Stock RGB Cooler Windows 10 Professional 64 Two KG241Q 75HZ monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Velocifire Brown Switch 10-Keyless. 750W Rosewill Glacier modular.  Thermaltake Core Mini ITX  Logitech G502 Spectrum 
Audio
Superlux 681 w/ HM5 pads.  
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Did XFX Ripoff My RMA?