Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [techpowerup] NVIDIA Lowers Price of GeForce GTX 680
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[techpowerup] NVIDIA Lowers Price of GeForce GTX 680 - Page 20

post #191 of 203
A little confused with the one that seems to be marked with the GBP .. because for me to get the 360 one that would cost me $549 AU . I mean the conversation was about the euro not the GBP.

Also you are cherry picking one of the more expensive hardware stores selling in AUS..


So for eg

Using the AUS source

Techbuy

Asus Geforce 660Ti 2GB 1150 MHz model....in your pic $411

PC Case Gear

ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II 2GB OC (same model) $349

(So what does that say for the Australian source that you chose pricing from)

we can get the 660Ti for as little as $320 AU, the same as we can get the 680 for as little as $499.....if you look hard enough you can find decent prices. Then there is the vat, so what if it's cheaper before tax all items are I fail to see your point .......so you get to chose whether you pay vat or not? I don't believe so and the point is moot if you have to pay it..it sounds almost the same as the GST here in Aus.
post #192 of 203
Maybe finally I can get one smile.gif
post #193 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

Look at just about any Aus build thread. You'll see exactly what I mean. There are people who need to put in $2000+ to match what would normally be $1300-1500 builds.

Still manageable, I live in Brazil and i want to kill myself every time a look at hardware prices.
post #194 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash_mouth01 View Post

A little confused with the one that seems to be marked with the GBP .. because for me to get the 360 one that would cost me $549 AU . I mean the conversation was about the euro not the GBP.

Also you are cherry picking one of the more expensive hardware stores selling in AUS..


So for eg

Using the AUS source

Techbuy

Asus Geforce 660Ti 2GB 1150 MHz model....in your pic $411

PC Case Gear

ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II 2GB OC (same model) $349

(So what does that say for the Australian source that you chose pricing from)

we can get the 660Ti for as little as $320 AU, the same as we can get the 680 for as little as $499.....if you look hard enough you can find decent prices. Then there is the vat, so what if it's cheaper before tax all items are I fail to see your point .......so you get to chose whether you pay vat or not? I don't believe so and the point is moot if you have to pay it..it sounds almost the same as the GST here in Aus.

Well, for one thing, the British one is after VAT... They kinda build it into their prices... Actually look at the pic...

Two, you say there's better Australian ones? Go figure, I'm sure there's better British ones too, but you don't seem to care about that. If you actually read my post, you would have known that. Seriously, I post that I just use the 1st results on Google and you accuse me of cherry picking? Looks like someone is getting defensive...

Also, at least in the US, we do get to chose to not pay tax... Unless you live in Cali or NJ, you don't pay tax online... at all...
Edited by KyadCK - 1/22/13 at 8:53am
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #195 of 203
680 should drop in price some more as the 670 is pretty close, not to mention the 7950 and 7970 are providing higher performance for less price.
post #196 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mm View Post

680 should drop in price some more as the 670 is pretty close, not to mention the 7950 and 7970 are providing higher performance for less price.

The 7970 is "too high" in price compared to the 7950 as well, that's just how it works. Want the very best? Have to pay extra.
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #197 of 203
Yeah but how much extra is the point. The 680 has just been priced too high compared to the cards that surround it in performance. 680 should be priced about 10-20 dollars cheaper than a 7970ghz. I say "only" that much cheaper because I acknowledge that some people like physx so that makes up for part of the performance gap. I think it has gotten away with its price because of its brand and marketing.
post #198 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mm View Post

Yeah but how much extra is the point. The 680 has just been priced too high compared to the cards that surround it in performance. 680 should be priced about 10-20 dollars cheaper than a 7970ghz. I say "only" that much cheaper because I acknowledge that some people like physx so that makes up for part of the performance gap. I think it has gotten away with its price because of its brand and marketing.

Brand, marketing, using less power, not running as hot, physically smaller, generally more out-of-the-box performance because they use Boost, Physx, Cuda...

Also, the 680 is better then the normal 7970 most of the time, even with 12.11. You generally need a Ghz or OC edition 7970 for it to be better in most things.
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #199 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

Well, for one thing, the British one is after VAT... They kinda build it into their prices... Actually look at the pic...

Two, you say there's better Australian ones? Go figure, I'm sure there's better British ones too, but you don't seem to care about that. If you actually read my post, you would have known that. Seriously, I post that I just use the 1st results on Google and you accuse me of cherry picking? Looks like someone is getting defensive...

Also, at least in the US, we do get to chose to not pay tax... Unless you live in Cali or NJ, you don't pay tax online... at all...

VAT that is what I was saying, it's built in....so is the GST in Australia......You don't get to chose to pay it or not, it's there...I did see that I am not blind like you insinuate, but it means a pinch of crap when you have to pay it no matter what. I managed to to show you that the site you quoted was one of the more expensive.. Now all I need is direct comparison of GPU models....not one that's available there and not here. Or maybe find prices of other stuff like say an AMD 6300 or an Intel 3770...at least we have the same items available...

Wow I didn't know that about US tax....especially online sales tax....but it still doesn't mean a cracker in regards to the EU pricing does it, wait a minute..... did I even argue than Australian HW prices are cheaper than US's ? I don't think I did.

Well if there is better GBP pricing then please enlighten me.

But this is a little research from me into pricing in GBP...

ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP 2GB GDDR5
1137MHz Core, 1201MHz Boost

Novatech
£419.99 inc vat = $631 AU

Scan
£432.82 Inc VAT = $650 AU

ebuyer.com
£392.81inc. vat = $590 AU (damn good price)

play.com

Pudsy
£542.39 = $815.10 AU

AudioAccessories
£494.70 = $743.45 AU

ComfTech
£469.15 = $705

etradeComputers
£462.45 = $694

MoreFrom
£453.85 = Well you get the idea

then there is the same model from PC Case Gear in Aus for $629. The prices are lot closer than I thought, but at the same time there are places asking the equiv of $815 for this card..that is insane...and people pay it..

But out of all 8 sources I looked into only 1 could beat the price for this card in Australia...I am assuming that there are many more, but i am not going to bother since you pull the top hit site off of google and call it a day.
Edited by smash_mouth01 - 1/23/13 at 3:24pm
post #200 of 203
AMD still dominating in price and performance.
Blue
(20 items)
 
Dirty 6
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k @ 4.5ghz HT  Sabertooth X79 2x Asus DirectCU 7970 @ 1200/1600 16gb Gskill 2400 @ 10-12-11-30  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
2xCorsair Gt 120gb Raid 0 Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB 2tb HDD (2x1tb [ Raid 0 ]64mb cache) 500gb HDD 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Custom Watercooling Loop XSPC 750 XSPC Raystorm Alphacool WHITE 360mm Monsta 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
7 x Artic F12 Case Fans Custom Sleeved in White... Win10 64bit 3 x 21.5in Led 1080p Eyefinity Corsair K90  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
750 Evo Blue Haf 932 Func MS3^2 Ikari Laser & Rat 7 & Deathadder & L... Func XL 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd 8350 @ 4.5 stock voltage MSI 890GXM-gd65 Asus DCII GTX 660 16gb Gskill DDR3 1600@ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
120GB revo drive None Sycthe Big Shuriken 2 Modded Titan TTC-HDC4 HDD 
OSPowerCase
Window 7 64bit  750w Evo Blue Modular PSU White Silverstone Sugo sg02 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue
(20 items)
 
Dirty 6
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k @ 4.5ghz HT  Sabertooth X79 2x Asus DirectCU 7970 @ 1200/1600 16gb Gskill 2400 @ 10-12-11-30  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
2xCorsair Gt 120gb Raid 0 Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB 2tb HDD (2x1tb [ Raid 0 ]64mb cache) 500gb HDD 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Custom Watercooling Loop XSPC 750 XSPC Raystorm Alphacool WHITE 360mm Monsta 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
7 x Artic F12 Case Fans Custom Sleeved in White... Win10 64bit 3 x 21.5in Led 1080p Eyefinity Corsair K90  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
750 Evo Blue Haf 932 Func MS3^2 Ikari Laser & Rat 7 & Deathadder & L... Func XL 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd 8350 @ 4.5 stock voltage MSI 890GXM-gd65 Asus DCII GTX 660 16gb Gskill DDR3 1600@ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
120GB revo drive None Sycthe Big Shuriken 2 Modded Titan TTC-HDC4 HDD 
OSPowerCase
Window 7 64bit  750w Evo Blue Modular PSU White Silverstone Sugo sg02 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [techpowerup] NVIDIA Lowers Price of GeForce GTX 680