UPDATE: Third day of building (almost finished)
Third day of building and its almost finished, I'm having a hard time detoxing from gaming
Ok, like you read earlyer in this thread, my pump died. But the weird thing was that it did run with the top of. I contacted EK and they replied 9 minutes later (9 minutes!!, great customer service) they said that I could just send it to them and I would get a replacement. But I didn't want to wait weeks for my replacement pump and I also didn't feel like buying a new pump since I want to save up for an Laing MCP655 or something similar. Anyway I opened the pump up thinking that I might be able to fix it but there was nothing inside, lol, just a rotor and an rubber O-ring, there was however a big part of the pump that I couldn't access, and of course that was the part were the problem was. Here are some pictures of the pump:
Anyway after an hour of researching on the internet I found out that the EK DCP 2.2 (and 4.0) are actually rebranded Phobya pumps (well, I dont know if they are rebranded phobya pumps, for all I know the phobya pumps are rebranded something else...).
I found out that the rotor and the axle weren't connected to the body (anyone who knows how an electric engine works knows what I'm talking about) so I pulled out the rotor+axle+magnet that was only held in place magneticly and I discovered that there was a little o-ring that had fell of the axle en jammed the magnet in its rotation motion (but only with the top on, probably because there is enough room with the top of to rotate.
So I took that o-ring out and put it back in its place and what do you think happened... the pump worked again. When thinking back its funny that such a little unimportant part could jam the entire pump.
Here you can see the o-ring on the end of the axle, where it's supposed to be.
And here you see a 'reconstruction' (made it in 5mins in photoshop, I know it looks horrible) of where the o-ring was jamming the entire pump. I hope this helps to understand what the problem was since I'm having a really hard time explaining something that technical in English.
So now on to the build it self.
I installed the loop again, but now with a working pump.
After a few minutes the pump started leaking. Quit a lot actually, like 1 drip each 20 seconds.
So I had to drain the loop AGAIN...
At the start of this build I decided not to put in a t-line because I thought you only drain your system once every 6 months and I don't like the way it looks but if I had know that I would have to drain the loop twice before I even installed it I might have considered it...
Some pictures of when I was filling the loop. I also made a video of it but I haven't watched it yet so I don't know if its good enough to post here.
Some pictures of the rig while leak testing (don't worry I'll try to make much better photo's tomorrow when its done leak testing).
To avoid all confusion, I didn't take this picture with flash, I NEVER take pictures with flash. I just hate the way it looks, all the sharp shadows.
It was already getting dark and I didn't like the pictures with just the light from the lamps in the ceiling so I put my macbook in front of it and tried to light it that way. It looks horrible but I thought I'd post it anyway.
I couldn't wait till tomorrow to see how it would look in the dark with the blue CCFL's so I hooked them up to my spare PSU that is running my pump and I took a few photo's, I think it looks great.
Thats it for today, remember to click on the pictures to see them in high quality.
The next update should be tomorrow and will probably be the last one for a while. We'll see...