Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › 4X4 FX-74 Vs Core 2 Extreme QX6700
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

4X4 FX-74 Vs Core 2 Extreme QX6700 - Page 24

post #231 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcar View Post
He's trying to prove that AMD chips are still competitive and don't get their @sses handed to them by the Conroes as everone claims, which is a true fact. C2D is better, but not by a huge margin (stock speeds that is).
I would think that being more expensive and lacking in performance and power consumption is getting your ass "handed to you".
:|
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 561 ES ASUS P5GPL-X nVidia GeForce 7900GTX 2x 512MB Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB Western Digital Lite-On DVD Burner 1 <3 Beryl+Ubuntu 6.10 17" sick-ass CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse 500W Aspire Green and Glowing Logitech MX 518 
Mouse Pad
Regular Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
:|
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 561 ES ASUS P5GPL-X nVidia GeForce 7900GTX 2x 512MB Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB Western Digital Lite-On DVD Burner 1 <3 Beryl+Ubuntu 6.10 17" sick-ass CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse 500W Aspire Green and Glowing Logitech MX 518 
Mouse Pad
Regular Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #232 of 285
But the e6700 isn't the FX 62's counterpart at the time of that benchmark. If that benchmark is being used for comparision should it be the Fx 62 vs the e6800?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 EO @ 3.8Ghz P5E DLX - Rampaged Leadtek 8800GTX 4GB OCZ DDR2 1200 5-5-5-18, 2.1v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
RAID 10 - RocketRaid 3510 XP 64 & VISTA 64 22 " Asus Widescreen 2ms Enermax Infiniti 720 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200 LogiTech G7 Razor Mantis 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 EO @ 3.8Ghz P5E DLX - Rampaged Leadtek 8800GTX 4GB OCZ DDR2 1200 5-5-5-18, 2.1v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
RAID 10 - RocketRaid 3510 XP 64 & VISTA 64 22 " Asus Widescreen 2ms Enermax Infiniti 720 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1200 LogiTech G7 Razor Mantis 
  hide details  
Reply
post #233 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvaL View Post
Thanks for proving my point Jori. You just showed a massive list where the FX-62 gets slaughtered by the E6700 in EVERY single test. Not to mention that the C2D has these benefits:

- SSSE3
- Cheaper
- Cooler
- 65nm
- More overclocking

Why on earth would someone buy an FX-62?
Slaughtered? 12% average is slaughter?.. And the FX-62 won a benchmark, btw. .

But Melcar, thank you for realizing my point.

But like I said, the FX-62 had little to do with it, i just chose that processor to compare because I felt like it.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #234 of 285
Is it me or FX74 killed qx6700 with 1280x1024 resolution and higher in Doom3/Splinter Cell? What would you guys go with? FX70 for 599?
    
OSKeyboardMouse
XP Home 32bit stock stock 
  hide details  
Reply
    
OSKeyboardMouse
XP Home 32bit stock stock 
  hide details  
Reply
post #235 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Slaughtered? 12% average is slaughter?.. And the FX-62 won a benchmark, btw. .

But Melcar, thank you for realizing my point.

But like I said, the FX-62 had little to do with it, i just chose that processor to compare because I felt like it.
No you chose that processor because it's the best AMD has. You're trying to prove a point, when even the best AMD has to offer loses. Why would you choose an X2 4000 for example?

The FX-62 is definitely a beast, but I wouldn't spend over $120 for it. It's not worth it.
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #236 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonindeBeatrice View Post
Okay I haven't posted in this thread yet, and as one of the people most anxious for the launch of the Quad FX, and least surprised by the results (slightly worse than C2Q intel campers..), I feel I have to sound off because frankly I'm tired of seeing the word "fanboy" fly back and forth between two folks unable to shutup!

Sorry...

The "Quad FX" is a fabulous move by AMD. If AMD puts out One television ad to launch it they'll sell like hotcakes. Intel's multi million dollar ad campaign for C2D? Just that, it's an ad campaign for intel's "new dual core processors".... See where I'm goin'?

While I'm on the subject of those Intel commercials I have to say that they're not doing intel any good whatsoever.... Unless you've been following the hardware scene for the last 4-5 months you're totally oblivious to the fact that Intel actually pulled ahead of AMD. Folks who've known anything about computers for the past 5 years have known that the Athlons have beat the pentiums. I've had to save 2 folks from buying new AMD systems in the past few weeks. Intel's image, except to those that follow hardware news, is crap right now. AMD releasing their "Quad FX" platform is going to sideswipe Intel folks who've spent millions advertising "Dual core processors", because as we know to most consumers higher numbers are better and that's all that matters.

Finally, to those that think that this isn't going to gain AMD a lot of money, that they're "going to spend to much", "they have to make twice as many chips as intel".... blah blah blah.... AMD will be producing 90 nm dual core processors... at 3 Ghz?, please that's not a challenge anymore... they're good at it by now. Intel's yeilds on the Core 2 Duo's and Quads can't be as good, regardless of what process they're on. Is there a fact to back this? Not really, but there it is fact that AMD is selling processors faster than they can produce them at this time and Intel is not. Also, regarding the hardest part of the whole mess, the motherboard, AMD was brilliant enough to have nVidia doing all the heavy lifting, not a penny wasted there. It's a solution that keeps AMD's current stuff lookin' pretty and flying off the shelves, and costs AMD next to nothing and may actually win them supporters if nVidia's chipset can manage to keep those thingies flowin' with the datas.

Quad FX... stupid move?
WOW its nice to have the PR executive of AMD and Intel here with us tonight. First of all, you have no idea what AMD having a commercial for their 4X4 would do, you made me laugh with that comment. How many people can buy a CPU and build their own PC around it? Not many people. How many of those people have $2500 to spend on a PC? Even less. Much less than 1% of PC owners I would assume. If you know that AMD has beating Intel for the past few years, then you also know that Intel is beating AMD now, especially with the slew of commercials for Intel. That you say a person will only know one side of the story, and that side being the one that is beneficial to AMD shows your bias with AMD wholeheartedly.

Your last statement that it costs AMD next to nothing to develop and produce FX 4x4....right, Im sure they produced 4x4 by telling all the workers at AMD to go home and sort through their couch-cushions for loose change to fund 4x4. Come on man, honestly. When two business giants compete to take top spot, they give it their all, they don't just half-a** it and take a loss because 'they have a good image' and everyone is supposed to know their previous products beat the other's products for a little while.
Danny Glover
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 @ 4.0  Asus P5Q Deluxe EVGA nVidia 460gtx 768mb 4GB DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 74gb raptor Win 7 Pro 22" CHIMEI LCD Antec Neo HE 550W 
Mouse
G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Danny Glover
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 @ 4.0  Asus P5Q Deluxe EVGA nVidia 460gtx 768mb 4GB DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 74gb raptor Win 7 Pro 22" CHIMEI LCD Antec Neo HE 550W 
Mouse
G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #237 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeegle View Post
WOW its nice to have the PR executive of AMD and Intel here with us tonight. First of all, you have no idea what AMD having a commercial for their 4X4 would do, you made me laugh with that comment. How many people can buy a CPU and build their own PC around it? Not many people. How many of those people have $2500 to spend on a PC? Even less. Much less than 1% of PC owners I would assume. If you know that AMD has beating Intel for the past few years, then you also know that Intel is beating AMD now, especially with the slew of commercials for Intel. That you say a person will only know one side of the story, and that side being the one that is beneficial to AMD shows your bias with AMD wholeheartedly.

Your last statement that it costs AMD next to nothing to develop and produce FX 4x4....right, Im sure they produced 4x4 by telling all the workers at AMD to go home and sort through their couch-cushions for loose change to fund 4x4. Come on man, honestly. When two business giants compete to take top spot, they give it their all, they don't just half-a** it and take a loss because 'they have a good image' and everyone is supposed to know their previous products beat the other's products for a little while.
I don't think you got the point at all. Can't reach everybody.

Quote:
How many people can buy a CPU and build their own PC around it? Not many people.
How many people open up alienware, or falcon northwest's web pages and will see a Dual core Intel processor squared off against "TWO AMD DUAL CORE PROCESSORS?!" and how many of those poor souls will have a clue?

Quote:
If you know that AMD has beating Intel for the past few years, then you also know that Intel is beating AMD now
Certainly not the slow witted masses that are shelling out $5000 for an Alienware PC. "Quad FX is a brilliant plot on AMD's part. They also did not develop 4X4... they may have had to reprogram a few processors, but the hardwork was done over at nVidia. I may be biased, but I'm not completely wrong; Intel campers can't let that single fact slip in.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #238 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonindeBeatrice View Post
I don't think you got the point at all. Can't reach everybody.



How many people open up alienware, or falcon northwest's web pages and will see a Dual core Intel processor squared off against "TWO AMD DUAL CORE PROCESSORS?!" and how many of those poor souls will have a clue?
Uh, you're aware that the main competitor to Quad FX is Intel's Kentsfield? So "TWO AMD DUAL CORE PROCESSORS" vs "OMG NEW TECH 65NM 4 CORES ON ONE DIE 8MB L2 OMG". And you might not know this, as you have demonstrated in your past posts, but AMD isn't really gaining mindshare. When someone sees Intel, they think quality. It's a fact. AMD doesn't have that mindshare. Most don't even know who they are.


Quote:
Certainly not the slow witted masses that are shelling out $5000 for an Alienware PC. "Quad FX is a brilliant plot on AMD's part. They also did not develop 4X4... they may have had to reprogram a few processors, but the hardwork was done over at nVidia. I may be biased, but I'm not completely wrong; Intel campers can't let that single fact slip in.
Yeah...you really have no clue what you're talking about.
:|
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 561 ES ASUS P5GPL-X nVidia GeForce 7900GTX 2x 512MB Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB Western Digital Lite-On DVD Burner 1 <3 Beryl+Ubuntu 6.10 17" sick-ass CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse 500W Aspire Green and Glowing Logitech MX 518 
Mouse Pad
Regular Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
:|
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 561 ES ASUS P5GPL-X nVidia GeForce 7900GTX 2x 512MB Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB Western Digital Lite-On DVD Burner 1 <3 Beryl+Ubuntu 6.10 17" sick-ass CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse 500W Aspire Green and Glowing Logitech MX 518 
Mouse Pad
Regular Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #239 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by selectodude View Post
Uh, you're aware that the main competitor to Quad FX is Intel's Kentsfield? So "TWO AMD DUAL CORE PROCESSORS" vs "OMG NEW TECH 65NM 4 CORES ON ONE DIE 8MB L2 OMG". And you might not know this, as you have demonstrated in your past posts, but AMD isn't really gaining mindshare. When someone sees Intel, they think quality. It's a fact. AMD doesn't have that mindshare. Most don't even know who they are.
untill the Core 2 Duo came out AMD and quality went hand in hand to most people i think. i think alot of people see intel and think chipzilla not quality. AMD is getting more advertisement latley then i think they ever have before and people are begining to see them at exactly the wrong time... when they're behind. But i think there are still alot of people who think AMD is better than intel because they haven't kept up with the tech latley, thus all the people who post in the AMD section and almost everyone tells them to get a Core 2 Duo.
post #240 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by {core2duo}werd View Post
untill the Core 2 Duo came out AMD and quality went hand in hand to most people i think. i think alot of people see intel and think chipzilla not quality. AMD is getting more advertisement latley then i think they ever have before and people are begining to see them at exactly the wrong time... when they're behind.
If I asked my mother who she'd actually heard of: AMD or Intel, she'd say Intel, then continue to ask who AMD was.
:|
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 561 ES ASUS P5GPL-X nVidia GeForce 7900GTX 2x 512MB Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB Western Digital Lite-On DVD Burner 1 <3 Beryl+Ubuntu 6.10 17" sick-ass CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse 500W Aspire Green and Glowing Logitech MX 518 
Mouse Pad
Regular Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
:|
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 561 ES ASUS P5GPL-X nVidia GeForce 7900GTX 2x 512MB Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB Western Digital Lite-On DVD Burner 1 <3 Beryl+Ubuntu 6.10 17" sick-ass CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse 500W Aspire Green and Glowing Logitech MX 518 
Mouse Pad
Regular Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › 4X4 FX-74 Vs Core 2 Extreme QX6700