Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › My first attempt at filling my loop: FAILURE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My first attempt at filling my loop: FAILURE - Page 2

post #11 of 25
Videos I made
fill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R6U5zxKKg8


bleed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7k_rbibxHA
Case Labs th10
(21 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
970 evga 4way 2 gtx590 6gigs muskin ram 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2tb wd,128 ssd/crucial lg dvd koolance gtx590 block x 2 white heatkiller 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RX480 rad x2 MCP35x (X2) gentle typhoons 1850 rpm (8) xigamtek fans  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
win pro 64bit samsung 2343 x3 6144x1152 logitech g19 silverstone 1500watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
case labs th10 deathadder 3500dpi cheap one Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty C... 
Other
XSPC dual bay reservoir  
  hide details  
Reply
Case Labs th10
(21 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
970 evga 4way 2 gtx590 6gigs muskin ram 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2tb wd,128 ssd/crucial lg dvd koolance gtx590 block x 2 white heatkiller 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RX480 rad x2 MCP35x (X2) gentle typhoons 1850 rpm (8) xigamtek fans  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
win pro 64bit samsung 2343 x3 6144x1152 logitech g19 silverstone 1500watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
case labs th10 deathadder 3500dpi cheap one Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty C... 
Other
XSPC dual bay reservoir  
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 25
With the bay reservoirs, I found it's best to hook a funnel to the tubing like you have there and fill up the funnel a little ways. That way as air gets caught in the reservoir it will replenish the reservoir right away without sucking too much back through. If you have a fan controller you can also turn the pump down a little and back up to vary the speed a little.

Haven't had a bay reservoir that is as easy as a stand alone res, but with some patience and time they are all doable.thumb.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K ASrock X79 Ext7 Evga GTX570 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Phoenix SSD+2TB Seagate drives ASUS DVD-RW combo Windows 7 28" Hanns-G HZ281 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Natural Corsair TX650 Danger Den Torture Rack Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K ASrock X79 Ext7 Evga GTX570 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Phoenix SSD+2TB Seagate drives ASUS DVD-RW combo Windows 7 28" Hanns-G HZ281 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Natural Corsair TX650 Danger Den Torture Rack Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post

With the bay reservoirs, I found it's best to hook a funnel to the tubing like you have there and fill up the funnel a little ways. That way as air gets caught in the reservoir it will replenish the reservoir right away without sucking too much back through. If you have a fan controller you can also turn the pump down a little and back up to vary the speed a little.

Haven't had a bay reservoir that is as easy as a stand alone res, but with some patience and time they are all doable.thumb.gif

Thanks Martin. I ended up wasting one of the two bottles of Koolance coolant I ordered. $14.99 down the drain literally. Gonna try to fill the loop once more tonight. Hope I can get this to work, even changed my loop a little.
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post

With the bay reservoirs, I found it's best to hook a funnel to the tubing like you have there and fill up the funnel a little ways. That way as air gets caught in the reservoir it will replenish the reservoir right away without sucking too much back through. If you have a fan controller you can also turn the pump down a little and back up to vary the speed a little.

Haven't had a bay reservoir that is as easy as a stand alone res, but with some patience and time they are all doable.thumb.gif

Ain't that the truth:)

Bay res finally became easy for me to fill when I put on int he top of the Caselabs STH 10, just remove entire top to fiill:P.
Slayer
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K ASrock X79 Extreme9 Asus GTX 980 ti Poseidon  Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Intel 520 Western Digital Black Western Digital Green Custom Water cooling Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus ROG Swift Logitech G19 Seasonic XP-1000 Platinum 1000W Power Supply 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CaseLabs STH10 Razer Diamondback Razer Exactmat Audio-technica A900x 
Audio
Yamaha RS V367 
  hide details  
Reply
Slayer
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K ASrock X79 Extreme9 Asus GTX 980 ti Poseidon  Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Intel 520 Western Digital Black Western Digital Green Custom Water cooling Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus ROG Swift Logitech G19 Seasonic XP-1000 Platinum 1000W Power Supply 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CaseLabs STH10 Razer Diamondback Razer Exactmat Audio-technica A900x 
Audio
Yamaha RS V367 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post

Thanks Martin. I ended up wasting one of the two bottles of Koolance coolant I ordered. $14.99 down the drain literally. Gonna try to fill the loop once more tonight. Hope I can get this to work, even changed my loop a little.

If you are just learning and practicing, you might consider using some grocery store distilled water to practice with. It's only $1/gallon and wouldn't hurt to flush the system with anyhow. It's also a lot easier to clean up any spills.

Also wrap the fill port and funnel with a towel to catch any spilling.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K ASrock X79 Ext7 Evga GTX570 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Phoenix SSD+2TB Seagate drives ASUS DVD-RW combo Windows 7 28" Hanns-G HZ281 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Natural Corsair TX650 Danger Den Torture Rack Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K ASrock X79 Ext7 Evga GTX570 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Phoenix SSD+2TB Seagate drives ASUS DVD-RW combo Windows 7 28" Hanns-G HZ281 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Natural Corsair TX650 Danger Den Torture Rack Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post

If you are just learning and practicing, you might consider using some grocery store distilled water to practice with. It's only $1/gallon and wouldn't hurt to flush the system with anyhow. It's also a lot easier to clean up any spills.

Also wrap the fill port and funnel with a towel to catch any spilling.

Is it okay to just use distilled water straight up for the loop or is adding an anti-corrosive solution also necessary?
post #17 of 25
Is it just me or did no one else see that the res/pump combo is upside down......?

Turn the bay around the other way so that you can read the (IN) the right way up when the case is standing upright....As in your set up now the pump is above the res.
post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash_mouth01 View Post

Is it just me or did no one else see that the res/pump combo is upside down......?

Turn the bay around the other way so that you can read the (IN) the right way up when the case is standing upright....As in your set up now the pump is above the res.





you are absolutely right... i was trying to think for the longest time about why in the word a res manufacturer would make a res with the pump upside down like that...
Edited by Sean W. - 1/21/13 at 9:23pm
Super quiet
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960X @ 4.7ghz Asus X99-A SLI MSI GTX 980 Corsair Vengace 48gig 2440mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB Thermaltake Pacific W1 Alphacool 480, 240, 120 MCP655 Vari 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
2x EK full cover 980 waterblocks Windows 10 pro LG 34" 34UM95 Ultra Wide EVGA 850W G2 
Case
Rosewill Rise 
  hide details  
Reply
Super quiet
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960X @ 4.7ghz Asus X99-A SLI MSI GTX 980 Corsair Vengace 48gig 2440mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB Thermaltake Pacific W1 Alphacool 480, 240, 120 MCP655 Vari 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
2x EK full cover 980 waterblocks Windows 10 pro LG 34" 34UM95 Ultra Wide EVGA 850W G2 
Case
Rosewill Rise 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post

Is it okay to just use distilled water straight up for the loop or is adding an anti-corrosive solution also necessary?

You dont need anything anti-corrosion unless you have aluminum rads or blocks. But nobody sells those anymore.
Killcoil or PTnuke to prevent algae is all you need.
Btw, I went back and checked your vid again, other guys are right, your res/pump is upside down.
Dark Vader
(6 items)
 
  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
39 X AP-45 2150 rpm Gentle Typhoon fans Lamptron CW611 FrozenQ Dual Bay Reservoir 2x XT45 480. 1x UT60 480 ~ 1x UT60 360 ~ 1x UT... 
OSCase
Linux Ubuntu CaseLabs STH10 
  hide details  
Reply
Dark Vader
(6 items)
 
  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
39 X AP-45 2150 rpm Gentle Typhoon fans Lamptron CW611 FrozenQ Dual Bay Reservoir 2x XT45 480. 1x UT60 480 ~ 1x UT60 360 ~ 1x UT... 
OSCase
Linux Ubuntu CaseLabs STH10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLapiu View Post

You dont need anything anti-corrosion unless you have aluminum rads or blocks. But nobody sells those anymore.
Killcoil or PTnuke to prevent algae is all you need.
Btw, I went back and checked your vid again, other guys are right, your res/pump is upside down.

The res is Not upside down. It is probably a mix of air and not being cleaned for the flux and other crud.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › My first attempt at filling my loop: FAILURE