I decided to start making my custom cables & start sleeving it but had a few setbacks. First of all I ordered the wrong housing, I need 2 male atx housing but I got female & male lol. Then the 2nd problem was the pins, I bought 18awg cables but the pins are for 16awg meaning their crimping wings are longer thus giving a very bad crimping result.
On top of that, the crimping tool that I am using is crap. Hard to crimp it properly as the biting is not aligned properly and the pins are not so malleable, thus not following the crimping bite properly.
This is very bad, although it might work but sleeving will be a big problem then, so cable sleeving will be put on hold till I get all my pins & the crimping tool. Gonna cost me a lot now, I still need to get sp120 fans, fan controller, acrylic panels & now this lol.
My plan was to mount the RX240 radiator on the front of the casing but the mounting holes are not designed for mounting a 240 radiator so I had to drill some extra holes. Not a surprised to me though since I stumble upon someone worklog before regarding this problem and I am aware of it.
Best stuff to collect metal shrapnel. Works like a charm
And of course a magnet to collect it all at tight spaces...
Using a dremel to grind down the holes never been easier!
Flushing radiator time!
Btw just so you know, both radiator are RX series but both are different in terms of the build quality & paint. My RX360 has a bulge to it at the end tank, not so serious but you cant make it stand straight though. On top of that the paint texture is very rough, where as the RX240 has a smoother finish to it & in perfect condition. Bought both radiators new (RX360 from A.P.E.S & RX240 from cyntrix). I am guessing the RX360 are the first batch radiators? Not sure if the bulge will cause any performance impact or not, lets hope everything works out great.
Gunk from RX240 with warm water. Then I started flushing with vinegar, lots of dirt came out from RX240 though. I did flush the RX360 with warm water few weeks before but didn't do it with vinegar, so I did it today together with RX240.
Effect from flushing with vinegar.
Installed the pump top...pretty simple.
Another problem is the pump thread are so close to each other that prevents me from adding a compression fittings directly to it as the cap for other port it blocking. No idea why the hell bitspower design like this, will need to get extra rotary & male to male adapters now...
Installed all the fittings already
Gentle typhoon is mounted temporary till I get my hands on corsair sp120.
As you can see, the casing dosen't seems to be long enough. It reaches till the radiator water tank so I have no choice but to leave this.
I cut a thin piece of wood with my dremel just to test it and the dremel sucks lol. Can't seem to cut things properly and the cutting disk exploded infront me and hit my hand. China stuff, so I am not surprised. Not sure if I can use it for cutting acrylic or not but for grinding & sanding stuff is ok though. Part of the wood got chipped off from the dremel flying disk. I will try to get some proper cutting disk...
Reason for a wood is to keep the surface solid as I want to keep my pump at the casing floor. I might replace it with acrylic once I get some panels.
And more problems, the top radiator cannot be secured to the fans with the provided screws. They are too short as the switch 810 has a curve to the holes. Solution to this is to grind it to smoother and reduce the space but I decided to get custom length screws instead, since I will be using gasket on top of that and this will not work with the given 3cm screws.
Leak testing, in my rig. Yes I am confident with my setup so I went straight installing it in the rig. No leaks so far, will be adjusting the tubing to the pump once I get my rotary and extenders. Of course now the tubing looks ugly at the bottom because I dont want to cut too short yet. Will re-route the tubing at the bottom part once I get GPU WB & 90 degrees rotary...