Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › New build 1000$ gaming rig
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New build 1000$ gaming rig - Page 2

post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DishRagBoy View Post

So ive listened to what you guys have had to say and tell me how does this build look to you?

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.57 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($104.95 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($309.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $925.43
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-21 03:47 EST-0500)

Looks pretty solid, only thing I maybe go with Samsung 32nm Ram (Wonder Ram). You can get 1866 or 2133MHz speeds for 1600MHz price. It's $40 for 8GB and it overclocks easily. Also maybe instead of the HyperX you grab a Samsung 830 or 840 series or even an Intel 330 or 520 series SSD.
post #12 of 21
If you have $10 more to invest onto the motherboard I'd go with the Gigabyte Z77X-D3H:
http://www.microcenter.com/product/386363/GA-Z77X-D3H_LGA_1155_Z77_ATX_Intel_Motherboard
which has Lower RDS(ON) MOSFET: those run cooler and are overall more reliable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

Also maybe instead of the HyperX you grab a Samsung 830 or 840 series or even an Intel 330 or 520 series SSD.

I looked at the SSDs and the HyperX 3K looks like the best deal to me since the Plextor M5S is OOS - well there's still the SanDisk Extreme for $5 cheaper.

I wouldn't go for the 840 since it's TLC.
Ti-89 Titanium
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Motorola 68k @16 MHz Ti-89 HW4 256 KB 2.6 MB Flash ROM 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Ti-89 OS 3.10 LCD Dot-Matrix 160x100 4x 1.5V AAA Ti-89 HW4 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core™ i7 930 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R 2.0 Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC G.Skill RX 2x4GB 1600C8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
PNY Prevail Elite 120GB Hitachi 7K1000.C 1TB LG GH24LS50 Noctua NH-C12P SE14 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Pro x64 Lubuntu 13.10 x64 Samsung BX2250 Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Be Quiet! S.P. E⁷ 600W Fractal Design Core 3000 Logitech G300 AKG K240 Studio 
  hide details  
Reply
Ti-89 Titanium
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Motorola 68k @16 MHz Ti-89 HW4 256 KB 2.6 MB Flash ROM 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Ti-89 OS 3.10 LCD Dot-Matrix 160x100 4x 1.5V AAA Ti-89 HW4 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core™ i7 930 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R 2.0 Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC G.Skill RX 2x4GB 1600C8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
PNY Prevail Elite 120GB Hitachi 7K1000.C 1TB LG GH24LS50 Noctua NH-C12P SE14 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Pro x64 Lubuntu 13.10 x64 Samsung BX2250 Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Be Quiet! S.P. E⁷ 600W Fractal Design Core 3000 Logitech G300 AKG K240 Studio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by adridu59 View Post

If you have $10 more to invest onto the motherboard I'd go with the Gigabyte Z77X-D3H:
http://www.microcenter.com/product/386363/GA-Z77X-D3H_LGA_1155_Z77_ATX_Intel_Motherboard
which has Lower RDS(ON) MOSFET: those run cooler and are overall more reliable.
I looked at the SSDs and the HyperX 3K looks like the best deal to me since the Plextor M5S is OOS - well there's still the SanDisk Extreme for $5 cheaper.

I wouldn't go for the 840 since it's TLC.

Nah, Intel 330 off of Amazon.com. 180GB - $130.
post #14 of 21
Thread Starter 
Alright well I'm at work right now I'll swap arts when I get home. But ill swap out the motherboard because I do like gigabyte boards. As for the Samsung ram I didn't choose it because I prefer order from newegg and they were sold out but I'll look elsewhere. As for the SSD I think that the HyperX is a solid buy. I mean have have 2 of them that I love.
post #15 of 21
Thread Starter 
So after switching up some things this is what i came out with. I swapped the ram to the samsung ram (Still currently out of stock on newegg) and i was going to switch the motherboard to the z77x-d3h but the microcenter that i would be going to doesn't have anymore in stock so i kept the extreme4 unless someone else has any other suggestions for a new board.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($104.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($309.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $934.89
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-22 03:15 EST-0500)
post #16 of 21
Might as well go 16 GB of ram. I ended up getting my kit for around $60. Yeah, not too necessary, but for another $15, it couldn't hurt.
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ivy Bridge i5 @ 3.8ghz Asrock Z77 Pro3 EVGA GTX 770 w/ ACX Cooler G. Skill Sniper 16GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
90GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD + 2TB HGST Deskstar 7K4000 Samsung 24x DVD RW Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 226BW Logitech K360 Antec True Power Trio 550W Antec 300 Illusion 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G700 none 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ivy Bridge i5 @ 3.8ghz Asrock Z77 Pro3 EVGA GTX 770 w/ ACX Cooler G. Skill Sniper 16GB DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
90GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD + 2TB HGST Deskstar 7K4000 Samsung 24x DVD RW Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 226BW Logitech K360 Antec True Power Trio 550W Antec 300 Illusion 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G700 none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 21
How about MSI Z77A-GD55 and some Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgdude View Post

Might as well go 16 GB of ram. I ended up getting my kit for around $60. Yeah, not too necessary, but for another $15, it couldn't hurt.
16GB is totally not needed for games, by the time it is something way better will be out anyway

I would get faster ram if its in your budget, 1600 has been the norm for too long, 8GB of at least 1866 would be excellent for games, and from my experience OCing my ram and benching them, 1866 w/CL8 timings is faster at everything than 1600 w/CL6 timings with my sandybridge
Edited by Kaltenbrunner - 1/23/13 at 12:50am
rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz ASRock z75 Pro3 MSI 980 Ti Gaming and Gigabyte R9 290 OC windforce 8GB 2133 CL9 Gskill Snipper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2x 128GB M4 sata3 3TB Seagate + 640GB WD black M550 512GB sata3 2x140mm SilverArrow 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 64bit QNIX 27" 1440p @96Hz 850W EVGA SuperNova +80Gold HAF 932 
MouseAudioAudio
Razor Abyssus SoundBlaster Z  Logitech X-540 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz ASRock z75 Pro3 MSI 980 Ti Gaming and Gigabyte R9 290 OC windforce 8GB 2133 CL9 Gskill Snipper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2x 128GB M4 sata3 3TB Seagate + 640GB WD black M550 512GB sata3 2x140mm SilverArrow 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 64bit QNIX 27" 1440p @96Hz 850W EVGA SuperNova +80Gold HAF 932 
MouseAudioAudio
Razor Abyssus SoundBlaster Z  Logitech X-540 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 21
Thread Starter 
Alright after much thought i think that im just going to run with this build. I believe there all high quality parts (at least good reviews on newegg, though i know people are idiots...) and i believe the price to performance ratio is pretty well done. Well without further adue here is my friends $1,000 gaming rig were going to buy parts in the next couple of hours!

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($48.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($309.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $953.89
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-23 10:35 EST-0500)
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DishRagBoy View Post

Alright after much thought i think that im just going to run with this build. I believe there all high quality parts (at least good reviews on newegg, though i know people are idiots...) and i believe the price to performance ratio is pretty well done. Well without further adue here is my friends $1,000 gaming rig were going to buy parts in the next couple of hours!

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($48.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($309.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $953.89
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-23 10:35 EST-0500)

Looks nice except I would probably spend the extra cash on a Gold Certified Power Supply that is fully or semi modular. Gold guarantees reliability, modular guarantees neat cable management. Also, that specific power supply only has 2 PCI-E cables. Meaning, there will be no crossfire/sli in your future if you ever decided or changed your mind. You would have to buy an entirely new PSU. Look at a Seasonic, Rosewill, or Silverstone in your price range.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › New build 1000$ gaming rig