Originally Posted by blainemono My short review
Now that I actually gave the mouse a good try (1,5 months of usage) I can say this mouse is a huge disappointment and that I'm throwing it away. I really wanted it to work as it had great potential (ambidexterous, not very heavy, no gimmicks, avago adns-3090, side buttons).
This is the last time I'm buying a mouse based on overclock user reviews. Opinions on this mouse are so biased I'm starting to think many users on this forum are Zowie employees or just incompetent. And I know it's kinda harsh and am sorry but I can't belive why there weren't any objective posts listing all the faults this mouse has after the mouse was already on the market for some time. And flaws of this mouse are very obvious and undeniable.
- mouse doesn't hold stable Hz. This was also the case for AM. How could they not fix this- I don't know. How could all overclock reviews in this thread not mention this before one of my earlier posts- I don't know.
- the mouse has too low LOD- it has problems tracking on many mousepads including QCK Heavy. Low LOD is nice and all but they clearly overdid it. Even if you don't agree read the next point.
- terrible mouse feet- they are super low and the mouse drags on all cloth pads and definately isn't as smooth as other mice. If you try to correct that by applying thicker mouse feet you are going to destroy the tracking on this mouse- the mouse suddenly has issues tracking, it's DPI changes etc. So even if you think default low LOD is not a fault (which it is), you are stuck with the default thickness of the mouse feet which is terrible. This clearly shows the terrible design and they had time to learn from AM.
- last issue is arguable: the mouse shape is very overrated. Please look at the posts in this thread and search how many people mention this mouse cramps their hand but otherwise it is a perfect shape. LOL. If it cramps your hand it means the shape doesn't suit you at all. I also have this problem with FK after few hours but no other mice that I have (g100s, abyssus, xai) does that. Pure and simple: this mouse is too long for small hand users and it is too narrow for medium and large hand users.
Good things about this mouse:
- best cable there is, doesn't drag and isn't as heavy as braided cables and is very flexible and light but seems also solid.
- very good build quality (doesn't feel cheap like razer products or g100s)
- adns-3090 sensor (but it is destroyed by the lens they used)
- biased: I like huano switches (feel more responsive then omron)
- no marketing bs
For me this mouse had huge potential and it did feel like a quality product by first look. Negative points that I've made are undeniable and they are enough to destroy all the potential this mouse had. 4th one is my observation but if you check the thread you will find that it is valid. There is no mouse that has so many users that say it cramps their hand like Zowie FK. If you are thinking about buying this mouse- don't listen to all the fanboys and do not buy this mouse unless you are comfortable with the flaws which are in my opinion to large to ignore.
Regarding your flaws list:
1) why is stable Hz so important? I never experienced any troubles while actually playing games, the feel of the cursor is consistent. Many people have made remarks that the polling rate is unstable, but I've yet to see why that is a bad thing in general
2) and 3) LOD is extremely low, yes, however on both my NP+ and my Talent I didn't have any troubles with tracking nor with dragging/mouse feet. I was afraid that the feet would be way too thin (like on my Abyssus, that one scratches on all my softpads) but they are fine. Maybe I got lucky, but my FK glides perfectly. Perhaps the tolerances for the lower mold are bad on yours, idk.
4) I was afraid about that as well because of my recent experience with the Savu which was perfect in every way other than the grip which cramped my hands. Funny enough my grip on the FK is comfortable despite me having bigger than average hands.
If I had any troubles with my FK I would have said so, was skeptical about Zowie in general before.