Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › ZOWIE FK
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ZOWIE FK - Page 36

post #351 of 2198
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuLAN View Post

I have the FK and mostly really like it, but I've noticed I can't click nearly as fast as I can on most of my other mice. A little hard to explain, but when I try to click very fast, it's like mouse1 doesn't come back up fast enough and stays pressed down. So when I'm in game, my gun fires kind of stuttery. Does that make any sense?

This is true about the Huano Light switches. They have a bad reset, but they are lighter like the Omrons. I think this is because of the very weak magnet. I prefer the stronger magnet, the Huano heavy version everyone else hates, because the reset is so much faster.

Considering the design of these types of switches you must have a trade off somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes5 View Post

It's still huano switches which are terrible. High actuation force, more stiff clicks. I modded my EC2 evo with some Omrons 01F's from Japan and they are divine. I'm in the market for another mouse (because why not). I will probably buy an EK and then mod it again.

Zowie could probably double its sales if it just used quality switches and none of this Huano crap. FPS' are barely staying alive on PC wheras MOBA and RTS is exploding. In these latter games, APM is everything and quality switches matter.

The Huano switches are not crap. They are "chosen" for FPS gamers not MOBA. Although Zowie says that the Huano switches are preferred by those who helped with the Mico. You don't need a mouse like a DeathAdder or Zowie for those games.

Blah, blah, blah...
Edited by popups - 3/14/13 at 2:07pm
post #352 of 2198
Just seems like they're saving money from my point of view.
post #353 of 2198
using a resonator instead of a crystal def saves money.
post #354 of 2198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post

Just seems like they're saving money from my point of view.

From what I hear... They use Huano because they cannot get lasting Omrons.
post #355 of 2198
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

When I say "apex", I'm referring to the arch of the mouse compared to the arch of the AM.

Would you agree it would have been better if it was taller? So you would have room for your fingers.

Yeah, if only for just a tiny bit.
But I guess after getting used to it it's all (very) fine.
No other mouse to this date offers me the quality, performance, lod, cable, grip and shape in one uncomplicated software free package.
Happy camper. thumb.gif
post #356 of 2198
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

From what I hear... They use Huano because they cannot get lasting Omrons.

Did a Zowie rep tell you that?
post #357 of 2198
I don't remember if it was because of quality control / lasting Omrons. Either way, be it cost (what have you), they feel like it's better for them.

We know when a company has to provide large quantities of their product the result is a higher failure rate. Zowie wouldn't get the benefits that Razer does.
post #358 of 2198
The reset of the huanos aren't slower IMO, I mostly play FPS and can shoot just as fast with this mouse than any other mice I've owned.

I will say that zowie mouse seem to be inconsistent in terms of production quality, you may have received a defective mouse (Ryu).
Edited by zeflow - 3/14/13 at 8:52pm
post #359 of 2198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes5 View Post

It's still huano switches which are terrible. High actuation force, more stiff clicks. I modded my EC2 evo with some Omrons 01F's from Japan and they are divine. I'm in the market for another mouse (because why not). I will probably buy an EK and then mod it again.

Zowie could probably double its sales if it just used quality switches and none of this Huano crap. FPS' are barely staying alive on PC wheras MOBA and RTS is exploding. In these latter games, APM is everything and quality switches matter.

I am not sure whether terrible is the right word. Maybe it is just me, but I think the huano switches feel alright, without having an effect on my real ingame performance. I actually ended up getting used to and quite liking the huano switches. And I play games like CS:GO (for which it is really not an issue) but also DOTA, and have been for years, at a decent level. I personally feel like the issue is not as big as people make it out to be, nor is there any clear best regardless of preference. But then again, who is to say, to each their own and all that.

When I got my FK, I really already had a good idea of what I could expect. The shape is really nice and exactly what I had hoped for. Just because if this, and because mouse shape is such a big issue for me, I do not think I will be switching mice anytime soon again.

One thing that was quite unexpected, is how much different the coating on the FK is compared to the AM. I did not like the rubber coating on the AM. I thought it was slippery and felt plain bad. This is also why I originally wanted to wait for a full gloss version of the FK before making the purchase. But I was pleasantly surprised. While the FK also has a rubber coating, it is one of the few rubber coatings in mice that I like. Somehow, this actually IS grippy to me, while usually these coatings are worse for me than regular plastic. This has now turned out to be one my most liked features about the mouse, even when I thought it was something I would just have to put up with.

I think I have tried 5 different mice in the past 3 years. Some of which I wrote mostly negative reviews about on this site. The zowie AM came closest to what I wanted, and while the grip was fine, it was really noticable how much better wider mice like the sensei fitted into my hand. The huano switches were not an issue for me, but I really disliked the coating. The FK addressed every single dislike I had about the AM, and is the first mouse in a while that I actually really like without any real issues that I have with it. Though it took me while (and too much money to be honest) to finally find the mouse I was looking for.

But as always with peripherals, it will not suit everyone. Your particular anatomy, preferences and intended use all play a role in which peripheral is right for you. For me, my search for a good mouse ends here and I am quite happy about it...

I have 3 mice to still sell... or maybe I should put them up as prizes for my clan's upcoming LAN.
Edited by kazuyamishima - 3/15/13 at 5:06am
post #360 of 2198
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuyamishima View Post

I am not sure whether terrible is the right word. Maybe it is just me, but I think the huano switches feel alright, without having an effect on my real ingame performance. I actually ended up getting used to and quite liking the huano switches. And I play games like CS:GO (for which it is really not an issue) but also DOTA, and have been for years, at a decent level. I personally feel like the issue is not as big as people make it out to be, nor is there any clear best regardless of preference. But then again, who is to say, to each their own and all that.

When I got my FK, I really already had a good idea of what I could expect. The shape is really nice and exactly what I had hoped for. Just because if this, and because mouse shape is such a big issue for me, I do not think I will be switching mice anytime soon again.

One thing that was quite unexpected, is how much different the coating on the FK is compared to the AM. I did not like the rubber coating on the AM. I thought it was slippery and felt plain bad. This is also why I originally wanted to wait for a full gloss version of the FK before making the purchase. But I was pleasantly surprised. While the FK also has a rubber coating, it is one of the few rubber coatings in mice that I like. Somehow, this actually IS grippy to me, while usually these coatings are worse for me than regular plastic. This has now turned out to be one my most liked features about the mouse, even when I thought it was something I would just have to put up with.

I think I have tried 5 different mice in the past 3 years. Some of which I wrote mostly negative reviews about on this site. The zowie AM came closest to what I wanted, and while the grip was fine, it was really noticable how much better wider mice like the sensei fitted into my hand. The huano switches were not an issue for me, but I really disliked the coating. The FK addressed every single dislike I had about the AM, and is the first mouse in a while that I actually really like without any real issues that I have with it. Though it took me while (and too much money to be honest) to finally find the mouse I was looking for.

But as always with peripherals, it will not suit everyone. Your particular anatomy, preferences and intended use all play a role in which peripheral is right for you. For me, my search for a good mouse ends here and I am quite happy about it...

I have 3 mice to still sell... or maybe I should put them up as prizes for my clan's upcoming LAN.

Damn, if the rubber coating really is grippy for dry hands then you just made me want it even more... I was about to wait for a glossy version as well biggrin.gif
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Zowie ZA11 White Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Zowie ZA11 White Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › ZOWIE FK