Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Mini ITX? What do you want?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair Mini ITX? What do you want? - Page 124

Poll Results: Which features are most important to you in a Mini ITX case?

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 7% of voters (92)
    Size - the smaller the better. I don't need a full GPU, I want a HTPC-style box.
  • 77% of voters (1009)
    Size - I want it to be small, but I want a full size GPU and full size PSU in there.
  • 11% of voters (154)
    Air cooling - I want lots of fan options, top, sides, back, front.
  • 31% of voters (411)
    Air cooling - I want it to perform well out of the box but we don't need to perforate every single panel.
  • 25% of voters (329)
    "Sleek, Modern" Design - The BitFenix Prodiigy, NZXT Phantom Series, Corsair 600T and other cases with unique designs are my favorite.
  • 49% of voters (646)
    "Refined, Aluminum" Design - Silverstone, Lian-Li, and Corsair Obsidian Series are more my speed.
  • 34% of voters (454)
    Quiet - I want this thing whisper quiet.
  • 45% of voters (596)
    Liquid Cooling - it'd be nice to be able to fit a 240mm radiator in this thing
  • 7% of voters (97)
    HDD Capacity - I want to make a RAID or NAS box, so I want at least four 3.5" drive bays
  • 36% of voters (477)
    HDD Capacity - I just plan on running an OS and a storage drive - two or three drive bays is fine as long as there's native SSD support.
  • 18% of voters (246)
    Portability - handles and whatnot are really important to me. So is overall weight and durability.
  • 19% of voters (255)
    Scent - I like all my computer products to be scratch and sniff. Please make this smell like Lilacs.
  • 2% of voters (32)
    Other - posted in thread.
1308 Total Votes  
post #1231 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderscoreHero View Post

The ncase seems like a great case, but price and availability is the main issue I see.

That is why I prefer Corsair and other "mass market" cases. It may not be the perfect case when you buy it, but that's why there's a modding community. Like the 200r I have, was only $60 and its a damn good case. Easy to mod, planning on dipping it too, carbon fiber.
I prefer the 250D right now because it can fit a 240 rad + 120/140 rad + full size psu + full size GPU all at the same time which the NCASE can't do. It also has a full size 5.25 drive mount that I can put a res in if I went custom WC again. The 250D is cheap enough for me to not care if I end up messing it up with fail modding. I also don't have the $200-400 to spend on a case anymore.

The only thing the 250D doesn't have compared to my Caselabs S3 right now is probably quality and materials used are cheaper. Everything else about the 250D seems to be a slight upgrade since i'm looking to get a little smaller.
post #1232 of 1303
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryboto View Post

Do you know why it's so expensive? Maybe because it was just one batch run of the thing? Maybe because no major manufacturer is making that design, so a lot of the price is because of the lack of mass production?

I understand your point of view, but it does seem like justifying NOT making something to compete with the very innovative design of the M1. It's obvious that with a bit of thought, a very versatile, and small design can be imagined, and produced. Just because it was a limited production run doesn't mean we can't make comparisons to it.

And the only thing that would get it laughed at in my opinion *might* be the price-to-size ratio...as far as features go, you'd have to be blind not to see it's anything but lacking in that department. At the same time, people are usually comfortable spending more on something they know to be a specialty product.

It's expensive for a combination of reasons. Materials, manufacturer selection, small volume, etc.

But overall there are "unspoken" features that we think heavily about. The ease of assembly. Cable routing room. Flexibility of installation. Cooling performance and noise performance balance.

These things, until I actually get my hands on an M1, will be unknowns. If you think these are unimportant, that's fine, but the majority of users disagree with you. Since Day 1, every Corsair case has had the concept of ease of build as its defining characteristic. PC building and upgrading is a hobby and it's supposed to be fun. Spending hours finding a way to get your system built and scraping your fingers inside a tiny crevasse of a chassis doesn't seem that way to me.

The skeptics among you will say "But I'm only going to build the case once and then I'm done." and you may be right. But when it comes to building that case, first impressions are the most important. I stand by the statement that focusing on ease of build and upgrade is important and it will always be important to our products.
post #1233 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennobanzai View Post

I prefer the 250D right now because it can fit a 240 rad + 120/140 rad + full size psu + full size GPU all at the same time which the NCASE can't do. It also has a full size 5.25 drive mount that I can put a res in if I went custom WC again. The 250D is cheap enough for me to not care if I end up messing it up with fail modding. I also don't have the $200-400 to spend on a case anymore.

The only thing the 250D doesn't have compared to my Caselabs S3 right now is probably quality and materials used are cheaper. Everything else about the 250D seems to be a slight upgrade since i'm looking to get a little smaller.

Same here....I should have waited. Bought the prodigy. I might swap the case when I upgrade the cpu, playing the "wait for paychecks" game now.
post #1234 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge View Post

It's expensive for a combination of reasons. Materials, manufacturer selection, small volume, etc.

But overall there are "unspoken" features that we think heavily about. The ease of assembly. Cable routing room. Flexibility of installation. Cooling performance and noise performance balance.

These things, until I actually get my hands on an M1, will be unknowns. If you think these are unimportant, that's fine, but the majority of users disagree with you. Since Day 1, every Corsair case has had the concept of ease of build as its defining characteristic. PC building and upgrading is a hobby and it's supposed to be fun. Spending hours finding a way to get your system built and scraping your fingers inside a tiny crevasse of a chassis doesn't seem that way to me.

The skeptics among you will say "But I'm only going to build the case once and then I'm done." and you may be right. But when it comes to building that case, first impressions are the most important. I stand by the statement that focusing on ease of build and upgrade is important and it will always be important to our products.

It's manufactured by Lian Li, I doubt it'll destroy hands...the idea was to design a highly customizable case for people who like to tinker, or just want the smallest possible high performance mITX case. It's not selling to those who want super easy installation with tons of room to play with. At the same time, I don't think, based on the reviews and builds I've seen, that's it's such a complex design that it'd be impossible to sell beyond a limited production.
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1235 of 1303
Look the 250D is what it is, bashing it for not being what you wanted is just blatantly off topic, don't like it? Nobody is making you buy it so just go buy your perfect case(whatever it may be) and get over it.
post #1236 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryboto View Post

Do you know why it's so expensive? Maybe because it was just one batch run of the thing? Maybe because no major manufacturer is making that design, so a lot of the price is because of the lack of mass production?

I understood from the [H] thread that a lot of the extra cost, apart from the limited 1000 unit run, is because of specialised tooling needed to build it. Also several parts used that LianLi couldn't offer from their own stock, like the PSU power cable extender, the front I/O is unique, the case feet are 40mm while Lian doesn't do that size, etc, etc..
Lori Lemaris 023
(21 items)
 
Felicity Harmon
(23 items)
 
Moneypenny
(12 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
Lori Lemaris 023
(21 items)
 
Felicity Harmon
(23 items)
 
Moneypenny
(12 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1237 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSK View Post

I understood from the [H] thread that a lot of the extra cost, apart from the limited 1000 unit run, is because of specialised tooling needed to build it. Also several parts used that LianLi couldn't offer from their own stock, like the PSU power cable extender, the front I/O is unique, the case feet are 40mm while Lian doesn't do that size, etc, etc..

The specialized tooling would kinda be part of the limited run...if it were a standard production model, the tooling wouldn't be specialized.
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1238 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post

Look the 250D is what it is, bashing it for not being what you wanted is just blatantly off topic, don't like it? Nobody is making you buy it so just go buy your perfect case(whatever it may be) and get over it.

post #1239 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderscoreHero View Post

Same here....I should have waited. Bought the prodigy. I might swap the case when I upgrade the cpu, playing the "wait for paychecks" game now.
I wish I still lived in Hawaii so I could buy that Prodigy off you biggrin.gif
post #1240 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge View Post

It's expensive for a combination of reasons. Materials, manufacturer selection, small volume, etc.

But overall there are "unspoken" features that we think heavily about. The ease of assembly. Cable routing room. Flexibility of installation. Cooling performance and noise performance balance.

These things, until I actually get my hands on an M1, will be unknowns. If you think these are unimportant, that's fine, but the majority of users disagree with you. Since Day 1, every Corsair case has had the concept of ease of build as its defining characteristic. PC building and upgrading is a hobby and it's supposed to be fun. Spending hours finding a way to get your system built and scraping your fingers inside a tiny crevasse of a chassis doesn't seem that way to me.

The skeptics among you will say "But I'm only going to build the case once and then I'm done." and you may be right. But when it comes to building that case, first impressions are the most important. I stand by the statement that focusing on ease of build and upgrade is important and it will always be important to our products.

On the upgrade point, my 650D has been upgraded about 4 times over 2 years, the ease of use and access drastically makes a difference.

BTW, TY for bringing a latch back to the 760T, that might have to be my next build.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Mini ITX? What do you want?