Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Other Cooling Discussions › Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra vs Liquid Pro vs Phobya Liquid Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra vs Liquid Pro vs Phobya Liquid Metal - Page 28

post #271 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by expresso View Post

I like to know - i just ordered CLP - to use on my Die 3770k delided -

i read so many different things about what to use on the die and what to use on the IHS - i decided to try CLP on the Die and use AS5 on the IHS where the cooler gets mounted too

its the antec 950


would this work out to drop my temps - ? i have been changing the cooler many times -


is using CLP on die and AS5 on the IHS - is this a good combo to work and lower temps ?

thanks

That should work. I tried using CLU on the IHS and regretted it because the markings was faded off and a pain in the ass removing the residue... And the markings was totally removed once cleaned with scrub. mad.gif
post #272 of 278
thanks - i decided to run my system at 4.5 1.250V temps on full load - is about low 70's hottest core - coolest is about 8 C less sometimes 10C

i can keep the fans on custom quiet compared to full blast this way - cooler liquid about 32C to 34C full load -


i ordered the CLP already -- so i feel i have to give it one last shot and see if i can lower the temps more and get 4.7 stable on low fans etc,

well see i guess - i have AS5 and MX2 and some other one i dont even know the name - laying around - i think AS5 should be good on cooler and CLP on die

i just hope its worth it and i see a drop in temps - worst case - at least not hotter than now
post #273 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by expresso View Post

thanks - i decided to run my system at 4.5 1.250V temps on full load - is about low 70's hottest core - coolest is about 8 C less sometimes 10C

i can keep the fans on custom quiet compared to full blast this way - cooler liquid about 32C to 34C full load -


i ordered the CLP already -- so i feel i have to give it one last shot and see if i can lower the temps more and get 4.7 stable on low fans etc,

well see i guess - i have AS5 and MX2 and some other one i dont even know the name - laying around - i think AS5 should be good on cooler and CLP on die

i just hope its worth it and i see a drop in temps - worst case - at least not hotter than now

CLU/CLP is a solid upgrade and really worth it when used between CPU die and IHS. You will only use it once (IMO) and mine has been running for more than 12 months and still not dried out. I can tell because i recently replaced my NH-U12P to NH-U14S and the CLU has not dried out and the only issue i had was to remove the residues and to totally removed it from the CPU's top surface, you'll need to use the scrub that come with the CLU package and it will remove the markings on the CPU. Now, I'm just using a Gelid Extreme thermal paste and the performance is almost the same.
post #274 of 278
Hi - i hope to do it once and avoid having to open the lid again on the CPU - you are not using CPL now and using Gelid instead and you feel its the same performance ?


are you using Gelid on the CPU Die under the IHS - or on the cooler and on top of the IHS - ?

so many pastes etc, - cant make a good decision when its time to buy one -
post #275 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by expresso View Post

Hi - i hope to do it once and avoid having to open the lid again on the CPU - you are not using CPL now and using Gelid instead and you feel its the same performance ?


are you using Gelid on the CPU Die under the IHS - or on the cooler and on top of the IHS - ?

so many pastes etc, - cant make a good decision when its time to buy one -

I'm currently using CLU on CPU die under the IHS and Gelid on the cooler between the top of IHS. The performance is still okay. The important part is the CLU/CLP on the CPU die. wink.gif
post #276 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenboyXD View Post

I'm currently using CLU on CPU die under the IHS and Gelid on the cooler between the top of IHS. The performance is still okay. The important part is the CLU/CLP on the CPU die. wink.gif

Oh ok - got it smile.gif i have AS5 already - and will go with that on the cooler on top - and CLP on the die under the IHS -

did you use the line method on the top of the IHS or Dot ?

i seen the instructions on AS5 site and suggests the line for the 3770k chip - i may try that a thin line - but not all the way to the edges - just in the middle right over the die -


what do you think ?
post #277 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by expresso View Post

Oh ok - got it smile.gif i have AS5 already - and will go with that on the cooler on top - and CLP on the die under the IHS -

did you use the line method on the top of the IHS or Dot ?

i seen the instructions on AS5 site and suggests the line for the 3770k chip - i may try that a thin line - but not all the way to the edges - just in the middle right over the die -


what do you think ?

Use the suggested method of AS5 but I always use the "Dot" method and it never fails me and you can use the tube many times. lol

For the CLU/CLP - fill up the space of the CPU die and try putting some on the underside of the IHS and try to put the same area as the CPU die.
post #278 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenboyXD View Post

Use the suggested method of AS5 but I always use the "Dot" method and it never fails me and you can use the tube many times. lol

For the CLU/CLP - fill up the space of the CPU die and try putting some on the underside of the IHS and try to put the same area as the CPU die.


the only concern i really need to pay attention to when using CLP - i have to not get it on the Green part of my chip ? i am worried when i clamp it down - normally it slides forward a bit as you clamp it down and lock it in place when using the other paste -

i hope it dosnt slide as much and scrape off some of the CLP in the process -- i think i read someone did that and it ran very very hot - had to redo - that would suck - any tips on how to do it correctly the first time -

just use the Qtip to cover the die - thin coat and some under the IHS - is that the best way to apply - or is there some other trick out there
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Cooling Discussions
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Other Cooling Discussions › Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra vs Liquid Pro vs Phobya Liquid Metal