Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Asus 7970 matrix plat, STUTTERING on all games!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus 7970 matrix plat, STUTTERING on all games! - Page 13

post #121 of 138
Install msi AB
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
Reply
post #122 of 138
Thread Starter 
I actually found this on a review for an asus 7970 non matrix card on amazon.

"One small point about microstutter type effect on various games. I found this was infact caused by the bundled ASUS gpu tweak software with monitoring turned on. So if you find some stutter in game (usually every 4 seconds without fail) then turn off your gpu monitoring gizmos."

So I guess I'l re-install and turn off monitoring! see if that does the trick.
post #123 of 138
Thread Starter 


I really don't know what is going on but, started to get square type artifacts in FarCry3 so I though hmm, maybe its overheating, nope it was about 70 degrees which is perfectly acceptable, so I ran unigine again, so as you can see a crappy score, Im guessing my GPU is just a dudd now, Do you think I should RMA and il just get another matrix 7970?
post #124 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc2005 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I really don't know what is going on but, started to get square type artifacts in FarCry3 so I though hmm, maybe its overheating, nope it was about 70 degrees which is perfectly acceptable, so I ran unigine again, so as you can see a crappy score, Im guessing my GPU is just a dudd now, Do you think I should RMA and il just get another matrix 7970?

I'll be honest, with ASUS the 7970 has been a massive hit or miss and in the Matrix's case the superior "name/review/brand" really has it at the top of charts only mostly golden selected chips sent to reviewers. Google Asus DC2T "dual link DVI", "locked voltage", or "GPU tweak problems" and you'll see more than a few issues . You'll seen even a few Matrix owners getting locked voltage cards while others never got gpu tweak to run properly. ASUS 7970 cards seem to have the most problems amongst ALL of the 7970 cards and the number of happy owners seems to also be the smallest.

I own a working Matrix so I have no horse in the brand race for different makers but with all the issues with these cards if I could get something else know I might GB WF3 or a nice Sapph. Though in your case with all the issues maybe your system just doesn't like AMD cards and I would suggest just RMAing and getting a 670/680 and be done with it. NV is ususally better out of the box anyways so leave your AMD headaches behind and jump on green.thumb.gif


Oh and if you have time to kill look through the last few pages on the ROG forums of the many MANY issues with ASUS 7970's here:http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?119-Radeon-Series-Graphic-Cards


*Edit* Oh and for reference these are my scores OC is 1175/7000 and stock.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Edited by Junkboy - 1/26/13 at 3:46pm
Ada
(24 items)
 
Aegis
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 EVGA GTX 980 ti Classified F4-3600C16D-16GTZ @3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 120GB SSD Samsung F2 1TB X2 Samsung F4 2TB Hitachi 1TB X2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate 3 TB Pioneer BDR 2207 Noctua NH D14 Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Enermax 140mm T.B. Vegas Duo x2 Win 10 Pro Extreme Edition Catleap 2B  ASUS VH242H  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech mk260 NZXT Hale90 750 Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QcK Denon AH D2000 Harman Kardon AVR 2600 Polk RTi8s, Rti4s and CSi3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G645 Asrock z77 Extreme 4 Nvidia Branded GTX 460 SLI 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low profile DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Hitachi 1TB Windows 7 Antec HCG 750 Bitfenix Shinobi Window 
Mouse Pad
Diablo 3 Steel Series.  
  hide details  
Reply
Ada
(24 items)
 
Aegis
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 EVGA GTX 980 ti Classified F4-3600C16D-16GTZ @3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 120GB SSD Samsung F2 1TB X2 Samsung F4 2TB Hitachi 1TB X2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate 3 TB Pioneer BDR 2207 Noctua NH D14 Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Enermax 140mm T.B. Vegas Duo x2 Win 10 Pro Extreme Edition Catleap 2B  ASUS VH242H  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech mk260 NZXT Hale90 750 Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QcK Denon AH D2000 Harman Kardon AVR 2600 Polk RTi8s, Rti4s and CSi3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G645 Asrock z77 Extreme 4 Nvidia Branded GTX 460 SLI 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low profile DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Hitachi 1TB Windows 7 Antec HCG 750 Bitfenix Shinobi Window 
Mouse Pad
Diablo 3 Steel Series.  
  hide details  
Reply
post #125 of 138
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkboy View Post

I'll be honest, with ASUS the 7970 has been a massive hit or miss and in the Matrix's case the superior "name/review/brand" really has it at the top of charts only mostly golden selected chips sent to reviewers. Google Asus DC2T "dual link DVI", "locked voltage", or "GPU tweak problems" and you'll see more than a few issues . You'll seen even a few Matrix owners getting locked voltage cards while others never got gpu tweak to run properly. ASUS 7970 cards seem to have the most problems amongst ALL of the 7970 cards and the number of happy owners seems to also be the smallest.

I own a working Matrix so I have no horse in the brand race for different makers but with all the issues with these cards if I could get something else know I might GB WF3 or a nice Sapph. Though in your case with all the issues maybe your system just doesn't like AMD cards and I would suggest just RMAing and getting a 670/680 and be done with it. NV is ususally better out of the box anyways so leave your AMD headaches behind and jump on green.thumb.gif


Oh and if you have time to kill look through the last few pages on the ROG forums of the many MANY issues with ASUS 7970's here:http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?119-Radeon-Series-Graphic-Cards


*Edit* Oh and for reference these are my scores OC is 1175/7000 and stock.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Yup I shall check that link out tomorrow. I know what u mean I could be just that my system doesn't like this card. But sometimes with amd its almost as if you pay for a card and you either receive a goodie or a baddie. And I just really want to love this card. Esp after paying so much. A 680 may not be as good for some people. But if it works for me then it's just simply the winner. And in no fan boy either side. I like to give different companies a chance.

I am jealous urs works so well as I wish mine did too. But i think it is time to just jump ship. I'll send it back Monday. And I shall probably get a 680. But I will post back with results. The other part of me is kinda thinking to wait for the new cards and keep my £400 to spend. But I'm so impatient its unlikely..

Thanks
post #126 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc2005 View Post

Yup I shall check that link out tomorrow. I know what u mean I could be just that my system doesn't like this card. But sometimes with amd its almost as if you pay for a card and you either receive a goodie or a baddie. And I just really want to love this card. Esp after paying so much. A 680 may not be as good for some people. But if it works for me then it's just simply the winner. And in no fan boy either side. I like to give different companies a chance.

I am jealous urs works so well as I wish mine did too. But i think it is time to just jump ship. I'll send it back Monday. And I shall probably get a 680. But I will post back with results. The other part of me is kinda thinking to wait for the new cards and keep my £400 to spend. But I'm so impatient its unlikely..

Thanks

Well, I've actually had more issues with single NV Cards, and more with CF AMD cards from personal experience, but I know this isn't the norm. ASUS this round has just been problematic, I don't blame AMD for ASUS faults and their weird connection setups.

People harp about a huge difference but in most 1080p situations they're close enough to run everything great that it's a wash, @ 1440+ the 7970 pulls ahead but at this point you really need 2 to push the eye candy. You'll probably be more than happy going green thumb.gif


I have 460's and 5870s that I can fall back on if need be so if I was you I would definitely wait it out tongue.gif , if you have something 4XX/5XXX to tide you over I would suggest that until next set of cards.
Ada
(24 items)
 
Aegis
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 EVGA GTX 980 ti Classified F4-3600C16D-16GTZ @3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 120GB SSD Samsung F2 1TB X2 Samsung F4 2TB Hitachi 1TB X2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate 3 TB Pioneer BDR 2207 Noctua NH D14 Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Enermax 140mm T.B. Vegas Duo x2 Win 10 Pro Extreme Edition Catleap 2B  ASUS VH242H  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech mk260 NZXT Hale90 750 Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QcK Denon AH D2000 Harman Kardon AVR 2600 Polk RTi8s, Rti4s and CSi3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G645 Asrock z77 Extreme 4 Nvidia Branded GTX 460 SLI 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low profile DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Hitachi 1TB Windows 7 Antec HCG 750 Bitfenix Shinobi Window 
Mouse Pad
Diablo 3 Steel Series.  
  hide details  
Reply
Ada
(24 items)
 
Aegis
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 EVGA GTX 980 ti Classified F4-3600C16D-16GTZ @3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 120GB SSD Samsung F2 1TB X2 Samsung F4 2TB Hitachi 1TB X2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate 3 TB Pioneer BDR 2207 Noctua NH D14 Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Enermax 140mm T.B. Vegas Duo x2 Win 10 Pro Extreme Edition Catleap 2B  ASUS VH242H  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech mk260 NZXT Hale90 750 Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QcK Denon AH D2000 Harman Kardon AVR 2600 Polk RTi8s, Rti4s and CSi3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G645 Asrock z77 Extreme 4 Nvidia Branded GTX 460 SLI 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low profile DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Hitachi 1TB Windows 7 Antec HCG 750 Bitfenix Shinobi Window 
Mouse Pad
Diablo 3 Steel Series.  
  hide details  
Reply
post #127 of 138
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkboy View Post

Well, I've actually had more issues with single NV Cards, and more with CF AMD cards from personal experience, but I know this isn't the norm. ASUS this round has just been problematic, I don't blame AMD for ASUS faults and their weird connection setups.

People harp about a huge difference but in most 1080p situations they're close enough to run everything great that it's a wash, @ 1440+ the 7970 pulls ahead but at this point you really need 2 to push the eye candy. You'll probably be more than happy going green thumb.gif


I have 460's and 5870s that I can fall back on if need be so if I was you I would definitely wait it out tongue.gif , if you have something 4XX/5XXX to tide you over I would suggest that until next set of cards.

Yeah that's it, unfortunately I cannot afford SLi or Xfire at the moment, I used to have 460's SLi they worked great but I sold them now, So im stuck with crappy intel HD graphics if I want to wait it out, unless I Just buy a 680 and wait till they drop a lot and get another one later down the line, Im not sure when the new cards are coming out are you> Thanks
post #128 of 138
Thread Starter 
660's in sli arent worth it are they?

what about triple sli of these? how does that compare? http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-109-GI&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=2379
post #129 of 138
For reference this is what I get with two 7970's (reference cards) at 1215/1733MHz:

post #130 of 138
Thread Starter 
Nice score there bud.

might get http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-183-OK&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=2255

Or

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-103-GI&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=2255
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Asus 7970 matrix plat, STUTTERING on all games!