Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Originally Posted by awdrifter
Got a question regarding the bosses at the end.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So I beat Shadar, but I was barely able to do it, I have spent nearly all my potions and all my Pheonix Feathers. But I'm stuck at Ding Dong Dell with no way to go to another twon to buy any of this stuff. Am I ****ed? I really don't want to re-fight Shadar if I don't have to. Will there be any chance to buy any potions or Pheonix Feathers after this point? Also, how many bosses are left? I'm not sure if I have enough money right now to buy enough potions for more than maybe 1-2 bosses.
You will have to fight the cat king before your able to buy any potions. He isn't hard with the right setup but takes awhile to bring him down. If possible try to use lower cost spell to save on mana and remember the other sage is good at magic too.
I believe you have another 4 bosses before the end boss, counting the ding dong dell boss
I finished the game. Was a little on the easy side to me. I didn't really have to work to hard to past anything. This game has so much potential but a few glaring flaws makes the question the 9-10 rating so many places give it.
1) Tactics don't offer nearly enough choices nor does it make the best decisions. Even if I sit them to heal they will still sometimes allow my hp to slowly drain to nothing even though they have mana.
2) AI boss fights leave more to be desired. So many bosses would use their special moves into a corner where no one ever was. Overall the boss tactics seemed poorly planned or random at best.
3) Crafting isn't fun or rewarding. Using mix and match doesn't get the item added to the list even when taking from the wizard book. The possibility of finding mixes correctly by playing around with random store brought items is impossible because everything uses a rare or semi rare item.
4) It does little to make the grind fun. Fights take up too much time. Drop rates are all over the place. Creature capture process can be downright hair pulling at times.
5) MP uses on spells are all over the place when it comes to the familiers. Some moves are over priced for what they offer. Would be nice to get a little more MP in terms of the amount that can be lost in a single battle or a few minutes of a boss fight.
6) Leaves little thought to the player. This person needs to get this heart. Oh, let me open my spell book and use it. No, can't do that. Need in-game prompt first. Why even give me the choice to use certain things if I'm never allowed to actually use them without the prompt opening it for me?
7) Hook shoot chest involves running around randomly until you get lucky enough to find that one spot where your prompted to use the hook shot. No options to ever try to shoot it on your own.
8) No option to make it faster to recast spells of the same type. Each time I had to open the spell list and find that same spell again.
9) Monster and player move animation is unskippable no matter how many times I've seen it.
10) This is more of wish. I have spells in my spell book I could never use. Why tease us with this? They seemed like fun to play with.
All the above doesn't hold the game back much. The main selling point is the story. The quest are a little boring with only a few chains that for the most part are very guessable. I did enjoy the game and would recommend it for at least one play through. It does have a lot of depth and a lot to do after beating it if you are the 100 completion type. I'd give it a 8/10.