Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Roccat Savu Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Roccat Savu Review - Page 11

post #101 of 114
Any owners of the Savu used a Steelseries Kinzu before? The measured length on the 1st post seems close enough to the 117mm on the Kinzu, but the Savu has curves in around side area, so it's really hard to determine it's actual width.

Any idea on it's height too? Thanks!

The Zowie FK I just opened up on, unfortuantely is simply too long for me. I never expected 124mm on the FK vs 117mm on the kinzu actually made that big of a difference in grip. Really disapointed redface.gif
post #102 of 114
I had both of those mice you mentioned and I preferred the Kinzu over the Savu. The problem with the Savu is that the back end is to high and feels weird at least for me it did. I would still be using my Kinzu if I didn't try making a Kinzuadder out of it. For me the Kinzu shape is one of the best I've tried.
post #103 of 114
Hey guys.
Good to finally join,after the long reading i did on the forum. smile.gif

Im looking for my first good gaming mouse.I am not hardcore gamer or something,i play CS:GO mostly.I have used only ambidextrous mice so far,and i like the feel and the shape.But i really like the look of the Savu,and i want to give it a try.I just don't know if it will fit my hand right.I have fairly small to mid-size hands,and i my grip is a mix of a finger and palm grip,if that makes sense.I am using right now,an old Logitech UltraX mouse,and a cheap cloth pad,so i need some fresh gear.I am not a high sense player,i play with 2.4 mostly.Also,from what i read the Savu is picky about mousepads.It comes bundled with the Roccat Siru (black version) from where i will buy it,so do you think it is a good choice for the mouse,or i should get a Taito or something else?
post #104 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstrakt View Post

Hey guys.
Good to finally join,after the long reading i did on the forum. smile.gif

Im looking for my first good gaming mouse.I am not hardcore gamer or something,i play CS:GO mostly.I have used only ambidextrous mice so far,and i like the feel and the shape.But i really like the look of the Savu,and i want to give it a try.I just don't know if it will fit my hand right.I have fairly small to mid-size hands,and i my grip is a mix of a finger and palm grip,if that makes sense.I am using right now,an old Logitech UltraX mouse,and a cheap cloth pad,so i need some fresh gear.I am not a high sense player,i play with 2.4 mostly.Also,from what i read the Savu is picky about mousepads.It comes bundled with the Roccat Siru (black version) from where i will buy it,so do you think it is a good choice for the mouse,or i should get a Taito or something else?

If you want the best performance mouse get the G502 proteus core.
If you want something that ressembles the 3.0 get the Rival (great sensor there too).
If you want an ambidextrous mouse with a little less presicion than the Rival, get the Avior 7000.

For budget mice you could get the Logitech g100s.
post #105 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by vss vintorez View Post

If you want the best performance mouse get the G502 proteus core.
If you want something that ressembles the 3.0 get the Rival (great sensor there too).
If you want an ambidextrous mouse with a little less presicion than the Rival, get the Avior 7000.

For budget mice you could get the Logitech g100s.

the avior 7000 has less precision then the rival? what are you basing that off of?
post #106 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atavax View Post

the avior 7000 has less precision then the rival? what are you basing that off of?

Electrical design of the board. The rival is automated, less filters less lag.
post #107 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstrakt View Post

Hey guys.
Good to finally join,after the long reading i did on the forum. smile.gif

Im looking for my first good gaming mouse.I am not hardcore gamer or something,i play CS:GO mostly.I have used only ambidextrous mice so far,and i like the feel and the shape.But i really like the look of the Savu,and i want to give it a try.I just don't know if it will fit my hand right.I have fairly small to mid-size hands,and i my grip is a mix of a finger and palm grip,if that makes sense.I am using right now,an old Logitech UltraX mouse,and a cheap cloth pad,so i need some fresh gear.I am not a high sense player,i play with 2.4 mostly.Also,from what i read the Savu is picky about mousepads.It comes bundled with the Roccat Siru (black version) from where i will buy it,so do you think it is a good choice for the mouse,or i should get a Taito or something else?

do you know what dpi you are using at 2.4 sensitivity? Generally what we talk about sensitivity we talk either inches or cm per 360. The distance you have to move your mouse to do a 360 degree turn in a shooter.

obviously its impossible for us to predict which mice will be comfortable for you and which aren't. But most ambidextrous mice tend to be rather small, and the savu is pretty small, so it seems likely that it could be a good fit for you.

other small mice with excellent sensors would be the mionix avior 7000; the logitech g100s, the zowie ec2 evo, and finally the zowie fk. The ec2 evo being the only one in that group that is also right hand ergonomic if you want to try a small right hand ergonomic mouse. Roccat also announced and will be releasing a new small right hand ergonomic mouse called the Kone Pure Millitary in Q3 that should have an excellent sensor.
post #108 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by vss vintorez View Post

Electrical design of the board. The rival is automated, less filters less lag.
I saw reports of the Rival having more delay than the Mionix 7000 mice. Does the Rival have the least latency of current 3310 sensor based mice, then?
post #109 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4dd View Post

I saw reports of the Rival having more delay than the Mionix 7000 mice. Does the Rival have the least latency of current 3310 sensor based mice, then?

Yep, and I'm not the only one saying it.
http://puu.sh/8c862.png
post #110 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atavax View Post

do you know what dpi you are using at 2.4 sensitivity? Generally what we talk about sensitivity we talk either inches or cm per 360. The distance you have to move your mouse to do a 360 degree turn in a shooter.

obviously its impossible for us to predict which mice will be comfortable for you and which aren't. But most ambidextrous mice tend to be rather small, and the savu is pretty small, so it seems likely that it could be a good fit for you.

other small mice with excellent sensors would be the mionix avior 7000; the logitech g100s, the zowie ec2 evo, and finally the zowie fk. The ec2 evo being the only one in that group that is also right hand ergonomic if you want to try a small right hand ergonomic mouse. Roccat also announced and will be releasing a new small right hand ergonomic mouse called the Kone Pure Millitary in Q3 that should have an excellent sensor.

The mouse im using right now is 400DPI,no other options.Don't know about the polling rate.I have turned off acceleration,enhanced pointers etc,and it is OK,but when i do a quick swipe it goes crazy.Also i have noticed,while im not doing any quick moves or something,the cursor will snap right to the corner of the monitor,and that happens in game too,very annoying.
I have also looked the SS Kana V2,but i read it has a bad LOD,and i do occasionaly lift the mouse,not sure how is that going to work.Other mice i have checked are the Kova+,Logitech G400s,And the Zowie FK,but i can't get the FK from where i am,and i prefer not to order online,because of the high shipping rates to my country.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Roccat Savu Review