Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › New Members › Ello'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ello'

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
What's up everyone. I'm new to the site. Plan on doing some OC on my new rig (posted below).

My roommate has been a member on here for a while and said that its very useful.

Thanks!

Vince
post #2 of 8
Welcome to the forum thumb.gif
Quad Damage
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4930k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme (Koolance Full WB) 2 x GTX 1080ti FE in SLI (EK WATERBLOCK) Corsair Dominator GT 2133 MHz (16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3 TB Seagate OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Crucial M4 128GB ADATA SX900 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RIVE Koolance Waterblock (VRM and PCH) Feser X-Changer 360 Feser X-Changer 240 Feser X-Changer 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
WaterCool MoRA3 Pro with Gentle Typhoon 3 x MCP 655 pumps (With EK top...all serial) 2 x EK FC 1080ti Blocks Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q (3440x1440 @100hz) CrossOver 27Q Led-P Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNova 1600T2 (Titanium) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Heavily Modded Logitech G700 RocketFish Speed/Control M-audio AV-40 (Logitech G-35) 
  hide details  
Reply
Quad Damage
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4930k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme (Koolance Full WB) 2 x GTX 1080ti FE in SLI (EK WATERBLOCK) Corsair Dominator GT 2133 MHz (16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3 TB Seagate OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Crucial M4 128GB ADATA SX900 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RIVE Koolance Waterblock (VRM and PCH) Feser X-Changer 360 Feser X-Changer 240 Feser X-Changer 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
WaterCool MoRA3 Pro with Gentle Typhoon 3 x MCP 655 pumps (With EK top...all serial) 2 x EK FC 1080ti Blocks Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q (3440x1440 @100hz) CrossOver 27Q Led-P Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNova 1600T2 (Titanium) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Heavily Modded Logitech G700 RocketFish Speed/Control M-audio AV-40 (Logitech G-35) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinDoe View Post

What's up everyone. I'm new to the site. Plan on doing some OC on my new rig (posted below).

My roommate has been a member on here for a while and said that its very useful.

Thanks!

Vince

nice choice on the chip man! your gonna love the OC's from it especially the speed. but watch out for the temp issues of it, so basically right around 1.3 vcore your temps become pretty crazy when gaming and doing your stability testing for the CPU. So in other words start reading up on the overclocking of Ivy Bridge, I can also recommend if you have temp issues early on come over to my thread and I can help you out with those pesky temps as well.

Ohh! don't Overclock using Auto voltage, once you start Overclocking you'll see what I mean. Or if you'd like to know just throw a question and I'll answer ya! thumb.gif
post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaur View Post

nice choice on the chip man! your gonna love the OC's from it especially the speed. but watch out for the temp issues of it, so basically right around 1.3 vcore your temps become pretty crazy when gaming and doing your stability testing for the CPU. So in other words start reading up on the overclocking of Ivy Bridge, I can also recommend if you have temp issues early on come over to my thread and I can help you out with those pesky temps as well.

Ohh! don't Overclock using Auto voltage, once you start Overclocking you'll see what I mean. Or if you'd like to know just throw a question and I'll answer ya! thumb.gif


Right now I have it OC to 4.2 The vcore fluxes at 1.25-1.308

All my cores are staying between 55-65 C with BF3 on Ultra. On the stress test my temps were around 65-75 C

Gonna run the stress test tonight for an extended amount of time and see what I get. I should be able to get a little more out of it.. maybe 4.4 but I just have to figure out the best way to go about it.
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinDoe View Post

Right now I have it OC to 4.2 The vcore fluxes at 1.25-1.308

All my cores are staying between 55-65 C with BF3 on Ultra. On the stress test my temps were around 65-75 C

Gonna run the stress test tonight for an extended amount of time and see what I get. I should be able to get a little more out of it.. maybe 4.4 but I just have to figure out the best way to go about it.

yup exactly that. just watch the vcores and the temps mainly. keep at it man! thumb.gif
post #6 of 8
Welcome to OCN Vince thumb.gif Enjoy your stay mate biggrin.gif
Black Beard
(14 items)
 
Red Beard
(8 items)
 
Brown Beard
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K Asus P8Z77M-Pro Zotac 670 Amp! Corsair Vengeance LP 8Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD 500Gb Blue WD 160Gb Blue LG DVDRW Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Chimei 23LH Seasonic X760 Gold Fractal Arc Midi (Soon Fractal Arc Mini) 
OtherOther
Sunbeamtech Rheosmart 6 Fan Controller Creative PCWorks LX520 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Asus P5QL Pro Palit 9800GT Super+ Team Xtreem Dark 4Gb 
Optical DriveMonitorPowerCase
LG DVDRW NEC CRT 17in Acbel iPower 560 Ferrari Case (Soon Fractal Arc Midi) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2430M Lenovo 20078 (G470) AMD Radeon HD 6370M Kingston 4Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD 750Gb Matsushita  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Beard
(14 items)
 
Red Beard
(8 items)
 
Brown Beard
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K Asus P8Z77M-Pro Zotac 670 Amp! Corsair Vengeance LP 8Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD 500Gb Blue WD 160Gb Blue LG DVDRW Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Chimei 23LH Seasonic X760 Gold Fractal Arc Midi (Soon Fractal Arc Mini) 
OtherOther
Sunbeamtech Rheosmart 6 Fan Controller Creative PCWorks LX520 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Asus P5QL Pro Palit 9800GT Super+ Team Xtreem Dark 4Gb 
Optical DriveMonitorPowerCase
LG DVDRW NEC CRT 17in Acbel iPower 560 Ferrari Case (Soon Fractal Arc Midi) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2430M Lenovo 20078 (G470) AMD Radeon HD 6370M Kingston 4Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD 750Gb Matsushita  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 
Thanks buddy.

Update on my OC. Set the vcore to 1.18 and now my temps are staying in the mid 50s in bf3 and high 50s low 60s on the stress test. Gonna push it a bit furtheher tomorrow.
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinDoe View Post

Thanks buddy.

Update on my OC. Set the vcore to 1.18 and now my temps are staying in the mid 50s in bf3 and high 50s low 60s on the stress test. Gonna push it a bit furtheher tomorrow.

Nice! just keep those temps in mind. Keep me updated! thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New Members
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › New Members › Ello'