Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › [OCN's MOTM May 2013] ROG Gene V inspired TJ08-E mATX
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OCN's MOTM May 2013] ROG Gene V inspired TJ08-E mATX - Page 16

post #151 of 862
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4IKEN View Post

You have waaaay more patience than me. You're the cable management master!
smile.gif Thanks mate! My wife just laugh at me the whole time and commented how geeky I was... Then I showed her my tattoos, beat my chest like a gorilla and grabbed a beer! tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seredin View Post

*waves at wifey* wave2.gif

We have like, identical sofas. Mine's brown though.

I'm getting hyped to see all this bulb.gif glorious lighting action bulb.gif
She was camera shy frown.gif The sofa is going to be replaced in 2 weeks, we have ordered a corner sofa which is coming April 4th, so expect another delay in the PC build wink.gif

I have to say, I am pretty pumped about these panels too! I do not know how it will turn out, but I will be trying different types of plexi to diffuse the led light, so expect a little experimentation in the coming days.
post #152 of 862
Thread Starter 
Update

Hey guys smile.gif I have an update for you all! This week I have been very sick (I caught my wires flu) and have had no motivation to do much until yesterday. So, I thought I would show you my progress.

First, I stopped procrastinating with the fan controller. I sleeved the cables and dressed it up a little. So here a couple of pictures.



I did not like the look of the clear/white molex connections, so I hit them up with some black paint.



I have also painted the beige fan connections and sleeved the cables to a couple of fan extension cables that came bundled with the fan controller, to give it a more uniformed look.

Next, I focused on testing out my bottom panel. I ended up reusing the white plexiglass and the LED strips from the failed lightbox prototype. It turned out better than I had hoped for!




That's it for now guys. Thanks for looking! smile.gif
post #153 of 862
Yes. That lighting turned out pretty sexy! I don't think you're done with "installing" the plate, but one idea going forward would be to figure out how to eliminate the sort of glow coming off the edges of where the plate nears the case (that is, if you don't like the glow. I kind of figured it'd be neat to have the light come from just the (seriously cool looking) line you cut out. It might not be doable though since it comes so close to the motherboard... Maybe something like adhesive weather stripping just to give the light a small barrier at the edges?

Just a thought. Looks freaking awesome!! I love what you did to the fan controller.

My MDPC goodies are apparently somewhere inside a post office near me, hype!!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz T... ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI S... EVGA 03G-P4-2664-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit... Kingston HyperX 10th Anniversary (4x4Gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA... XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Black Reservoir - with D5 V... Magicool Extreme 120mm x 30mm Slim  Black Norprene 1/2"OD 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
EK Supremacy - Nickel  Dell 23" 1080p IBM Model M SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.... 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
SilverStone Temjin Series TJ08B-E Black Aluminu... Razer Deathadder Xtrac Ripper XXL Ininity Primus P163 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Ininity Primus P163 Some old Yamaha 5.1 speaker with no HDMI support The mediocre 8" sub that came with the Yamaha r... Door desk 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz T... ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI S... EVGA 03G-P4-2664-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit... Kingston HyperX 10th Anniversary (4x4Gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA... XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Black Reservoir - with D5 V... Magicool Extreme 120mm x 30mm Slim  Black Norprene 1/2"OD 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
EK Supremacy - Nickel  Dell 23" 1080p IBM Model M SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.... 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
SilverStone Temjin Series TJ08B-E Black Aluminu... Razer Deathadder Xtrac Ripper XXL Ininity Primus P163 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Ininity Primus P163 Some old Yamaha 5.1 speaker with no HDMI support The mediocre 8" sub that came with the Yamaha r... Door desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #154 of 862
Very impressive thumb.gif MetallicAcid
My System
(14 items)
 
SuperServer.
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V PRO EVGA GTX 580 x 2 16Gig G.Skill 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 x 120G ssd,3 x 2tb WD Green, 1 x 300gb Veloci... External Win 10Pro 64bit Lg 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 TT Q-Power 750w CM 690II Cyber Sniper 
Mouse PadOther
Razer Mantis (control) Custom Water Cooled 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z77 Pro4-M GTX260 G.SKILL DDR3 1600 8Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston SSD Western Digital  External Water Cooling 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 Thermaltake 775 Modular Silverstone TJ08-E 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
SuperServer.
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V PRO EVGA GTX 580 x 2 16Gig G.Skill 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 x 120G ssd,3 x 2tb WD Green, 1 x 300gb Veloci... External Win 10Pro 64bit Lg 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 TT Q-Power 750w CM 690II Cyber Sniper 
Mouse PadOther
Razer Mantis (control) Custom Water Cooled 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z77 Pro4-M GTX260 G.SKILL DDR3 1600 8Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston SSD Western Digital  External Water Cooling 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 Thermaltake 775 Modular Silverstone TJ08-E 
  hide details  
Reply
post #155 of 862
It ended up looking GREAT man!
Nice sleeving and the black molex are a must. Dat white...ewwww tongue.gif
post #156 of 862
Havent checked this thread for a while, looks like I missed out on the goodness! that lightbox looks deeeeeeeelicious! well done man thumb.gif
post #157 of 862
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seredin View Post

Yes. That lighting turned out pretty sexy! I don't think you're done with "installing" the plate, but one idea going forward would be to figure out how to eliminate the sort of glow coming off the edges of where the plate nears the case (that is, if you don't like the glow. I kind of figured it'd be neat to have the light come from just the (seriously cool looking) line you cut out. It might not be doable though since it comes so close to the motherboard... Maybe something like adhesive weather stripping just to give the light a small barrier at the edges?

Just a thought. Looks freaking awesome!! I love what you did to the fan controller.

My MDPC goodies are apparently somewhere inside a post office near me, hype!!
Thanks for the input Seredin. You are correct, this was just a test fit so i could show it off smile.gif I will be blocking the light so there is no spilling through the sides or bottom. BTW I cannot wait until you start sleeving smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDad62 View Post

Very impressive thumb.gif MetallicAcid
Thanks Daddy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

It ended up looking GREAT man!
Nice sleeving and the black molex are a must. Dat white...ewwww tongue.gif
Thanks Ivan. I am really enjoying the look of the controller now. My wife didn't get why I put in an hour to work on the sleeving and painting. I said "No compromise" biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeblood View Post

Havent checked this thread for a while, looks like I missed out on the goodness! that lightbox looks deeeeeeeelicious! well done man thumb.gif
Thanks Fake. Don't forget, I got this case because of your Tiny Temjin build.
post #158 of 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicAcid View Post

Thanks for the input Seredin. You are correct, this was just a test fit so i could show it off smile.gif I will be blocking the light so there is no spilling through the sides or bottom. BTW I cannot wait until you start sleeving smile.gif

You'll have to wait! My sleeving is still in a local post office (which, by the way, conveniently won't deliver internation packages to my apartment AND isn't open when I'm off work), and I haven't ordered a PSU yet. I did, however, seat the processor in my mobo. I just didn't think that was worth an update rolleyes.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz T... ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI S... EVGA 03G-P4-2664-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit... Kingston HyperX 10th Anniversary (4x4Gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA... XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Black Reservoir - with D5 V... Magicool Extreme 120mm x 30mm Slim  Black Norprene 1/2"OD 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
EK Supremacy - Nickel  Dell 23" 1080p IBM Model M SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.... 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
SilverStone Temjin Series TJ08B-E Black Aluminu... Razer Deathadder Xtrac Ripper XXL Ininity Primus P163 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Ininity Primus P163 Some old Yamaha 5.1 speaker with no HDMI support The mediocre 8" sub that came with the Yamaha r... Door desk 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz T... ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI S... EVGA 03G-P4-2664-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit... Kingston HyperX 10th Anniversary (4x4Gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA... XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Black Reservoir - with D5 V... Magicool Extreme 120mm x 30mm Slim  Black Norprene 1/2"OD 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
EK Supremacy - Nickel  Dell 23" 1080p IBM Model M SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.... 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
SilverStone Temjin Series TJ08B-E Black Aluminu... Razer Deathadder Xtrac Ripper XXL Ininity Primus P163 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Ininity Primus P163 Some old Yamaha 5.1 speaker with no HDMI support The mediocre 8" sub that came with the Yamaha r... Door desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #159 of 862
[/quote] Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicAcid View Post

Update

Hey guys smile.gif I have an update for you all! This week I have been very sick (I caught my wires flu) and have had no motivation to do much until yesterday. So, I thought I would show you my progress.

First, I stopped procrastinating with the fan controller. I sleeved the cables and dressed it up a little. So here a couple of pictures.



I did not like the look of the clear/white molex connections, so I hit them up with some black paint.



I have also painted the beige fan connections and sleeved the cables to a couple of fan extension cables that came bundled with the fan controller, to give it a more uniformed look.

Next, I focused on testing out my bottom panel. I ended up reusing the white plexiglass and the LED strips from the failed lightbox prototype. It turned out better than I had hoped for!




That's it for now guys. Thanks for looking! smile.gif

holy crap that bottom panel turned out great drool.gif also that's a super clean looking fan controller, looks fantastic
post #160 of 862
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seredin View Post

You'll have to wait! My sleeving is still in a local post office (which, by the way, conveniently won't deliver internation packages to my apartment AND isn't open when I'm off work), and I haven't ordered a PSU yet. I did, however, seat the processor in my mobo. I just didn't think that was worth an update rolleyes.gif
I still can't wait man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8492 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicAcid View Post

Update

Hey guys smile.gif I have an update for you all! This week I have been very sick (I caught my wires flu) and have had no motivation to do much until yesterday. So, I thought I would show you my progress.

First, I stopped procrastinating with the fan controller. I sleeved the cables and dressed it up a little. So here a couple of pictures.



I did not like the look of the clear/white molex connections, so I hit them up with some black paint.



I have also painted the beige fan connections and sleeved the cables to a couple of fan extension cables that came bundled with the fan controller, to give it a more uniformed look.

Next, I focused on testing out my bottom panel. I ended up reusing the white plexiglass and the LED strips from the failed lightbox prototype. It turned out better than I had hoped for!




That's it for now guys. Thanks for looking! smile.gif

holy crap that bottom panel turned out great drool.gif also that's a super clean looking fan controller, looks fantastic
Thanks numbers smile.gif I am really happy with how they turned out!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Mod Work Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › [OCN's MOTM May 2013] ROG Gene V inspired TJ08-E mATX