Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TekSyndicate] AMD FX 8350 OC vs i5 3570k OC Using an EVGA GTX 670
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TekSyndicate] AMD FX 8350 OC vs i5 3570k OC Using an EVGA GTX 670 - Page 14  

post #131 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buris View Post

Hey guys, just dropped into say, that patch he links in his youtube video might be new, because It just netted me quite the little performance gain in PerformanceTest with a stock 8320.

I went from around 8200 total in performance test to around 9800 in total score. I don't know exactly why it improved performance so dramatically but I'll take this as it is. A massive performance gain.thumb.gif


almost 20% increase O.o!

He should really just do Crossfire and SLI review the go to Trifire Tri-SIL to quad fire and quad SLI.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd Phenom II x6 1090T gigabye UD7 990FX 5870 G.skill flare 2 x 4gbs 2000mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
westerdigital cooler master eisberg 240L Vista 64 bit spceptre 1920 x 1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
muli-media ftw lol 1200 watt silverstone none another cheap one $20 
Mouse PadOther
none ATi 650 pro theater  
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd Phenom II x6 1090T gigabye UD7 990FX 5870 G.skill flare 2 x 4gbs 2000mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
westerdigital cooler master eisberg 240L Vista 64 bit spceptre 1920 x 1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
muli-media ftw lol 1200 watt silverstone none another cheap one $20 
Mouse PadOther
none ATi 650 pro theater  
  hide details  
post #132 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by =LEVI= View Post

I haven't logged into this forum in ages but I just can't help myself seeing all the caught feelings from fanboys.

Here are the first results that I got when googling Far Cry 3 benchamrks:

Using a Core i7-3770K with 670



So anyone crying over the "weird" Far Cry results I sincerely would like you to continue, because I feed of your tears.

Ok but how do you explain AMD getting much higher fps?
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
post #133 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by =LEVI= View Post

I haven't logged into this forum in ages but I just can't help myself seeing all the caught feelings from fanboys.

Here are the first results that I got when googling Far Cry 3 benchamrks:

Using a Core i7-3770K with 670



So anyone crying over the "weird" Far Cry results I sincerely would like you to continue, because I feed of your tears.
You totally missed the point, it's the AMD's doubled performance at this that is in question, you go find me FX 3850 benchmarks that double this framerate, then come back. If anything they will be close to eachother, maybe even the same, but NOT doubled.
My Rig
(19 items)
 
Rig Contest Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Asus P8Z77V-LK Evga Geforce GTX 760 Superclocked AMD RE1600 Entertainment Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Barracuda Seagate Momentus 2.5 (backup) Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue Samsung 840 EVO LG DVD Super Multi Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 MacOS X Mountain Lion Insignia 26" Display 1080p Gigabyte KM6150 
PowerCaseAudio
Xigmatek NRP-PC602 Cooler Master HAF 922 Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Formula evga geforce gtx 660ti 3gb G.skill rip jaws z series 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Caviar Black 2 tb WD Caviar Black 1 tb wd caviar black 2tb we caviar black 1tb 
Optical DriveCoolingMonitorPower
lite on ihbs112-04 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo acer s220hqlabd 21.5" Corsair ax850 
Case
Cooler Master Haf 922 
  hide details  
My Rig
(19 items)
 
Rig Contest Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Asus P8Z77V-LK Evga Geforce GTX 760 Superclocked AMD RE1600 Entertainment Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Barracuda Seagate Momentus 2.5 (backup) Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue Samsung 840 EVO LG DVD Super Multi Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 MacOS X Mountain Lion Insignia 26" Display 1080p Gigabyte KM6150 
PowerCaseAudio
Xigmatek NRP-PC602 Cooler Master HAF 922 Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Formula evga geforce gtx 660ti 3gb G.skill rip jaws z series 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Caviar Black 2 tb WD Caviar Black 1 tb wd caviar black 2tb we caviar black 1tb 
Optical DriveCoolingMonitorPower
lite on ihbs112-04 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo acer s220hqlabd 21.5" Corsair ax850 
Case
Cooler Master Haf 922 
  hide details  
post #134 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by =LEVI= View Post

I haven't logged into this forum in ages but I just can't help myself seeing all the caught feelings from fanboys.

Here are the first results that I got when googling Far Cry 3 benchamrks:

Using a Core i7-3770K with 670



So anyone crying over the "weird" Far Cry results I sincerely would like you to continue, because I feed of your tears.
Then explain how the 8350 is beating the 3770k?
EDIT: also going to through into the fact that we have had massive improvements via drivers for the 670 from the 306.97 in that review. So the numbers should be not even close to those. Lol..
Edited by General123 - 1/25/13 at 5:07pm
Chuggin' along
(16 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K@4.6GHz MAXIMUS V GENE GTX 970 STRIX@1475/8212 8gb G skill Sniper 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda 1TB OCZ Agility 3 Intel 120gb 520 H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro BenQ XL2420T +2 Samsung s24d590pl  Corsair K90 OCZ ZX 850w 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 500R R.A.T. 7 Sennheiser HD 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 4700 GTX 860m 12GB 120gb SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMouse
1 TB  Windows 8.1 17' 1080p RAT 7 
AudioAudio
Bose quiet comfort 15 sennheiser hd 518  
  hide details  
Chuggin' along
(16 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K@4.6GHz MAXIMUS V GENE GTX 970 STRIX@1475/8212 8gb G skill Sniper 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda 1TB OCZ Agility 3 Intel 120gb 520 H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro BenQ XL2420T +2 Samsung s24d590pl  Corsair K90 OCZ ZX 850w 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 500R R.A.T. 7 Sennheiser HD 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 4700 GTX 860m 12GB 120gb SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMouse
1 TB  Windows 8.1 17' 1080p RAT 7 
AudioAudio
Bose quiet comfort 15 sennheiser hd 518  
  hide details  
post #135 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by =LEVI= View Post

I haven't logged into this forum in ages but I just can't help myself seeing all the caught feelings from fanboys.

Here are the first results that I got when googling Far Cry 3 benchamrks:

Using a Core i7-3770K with 670



So anyone crying over the "weird" Far Cry results I sincerely would like you to continue, because I feed of your tears.

Edit: Link to full bench.

Yeah, how do you explain the AMD chip getting double the FPS?

Also, that's with 4XAA. There is ZERO way that the AMD CPU scored double the FPS than the Intel chip, on the same GPU, on the same settings. None.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
post #136 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

So why try to give me grief? The numbers done add up therefore the test is borked and, therefore, wrong.
Because it's cute. You don't like the way he tested them, so you say they aren't true. They are true, and if we can take anything from it, we know that the EVGA Stinger is a bad motherboard.

I don't understand why that isn't the general consensus with everyone. Instead, everyone chooses to cry and say he is an idiot and that the results are lies, when you could just look at the comparison objectively.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

Yeah, how do you explain the AMD chip getting double the FPS?

Also, that's with 4XAA. There is ZERO way that the AMD CPU scored double the FPS than the Intel chip, on the same GPU, on the same settings. None.
There are plenty of ways that's possible. Very unlikely, but possible. Is it impossible because you prefer Intel?
Edited by S.M. - 1/25/13 at 5:09pm
Money
(17 items)
 
Z575
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.8Ghz MSI B350 Pro Carbon GIGABYTE R9 390 8GB 1100/1650Mhz 16GB Team DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
PNY CS1311 240GB - OS 2 x 2TB WD Black Raid 0 Synology DS416slim 4 x 1TB (raid 5) Corsair H100 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro ElementaryOS Loki LG 29UM67P 29" 2560x1080 FreeSync HPE 87 w/ Browns + Ducky PBT caps 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA 600W B2 Lian Li PCA05N Steelseries Rival 100 FiiO G10K + Philips SN9500HiFi 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A6-3420M @ 2.2Ghz 1.1v Lenovo Torpedo A55 6720g2 8GB Kingston 1600 CL9 
Hard DriveOSMouse
Samsung 840 250GB ElementaryOS x86_64 Abyssus 3.5G 
  hide details  
Money
(17 items)
 
Z575
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.8Ghz MSI B350 Pro Carbon GIGABYTE R9 390 8GB 1100/1650Mhz 16GB Team DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
PNY CS1311 240GB - OS 2 x 2TB WD Black Raid 0 Synology DS416slim 4 x 1TB (raid 5) Corsair H100 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro ElementaryOS Loki LG 29UM67P 29" 2560x1080 FreeSync HPE 87 w/ Browns + Ducky PBT caps 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA 600W B2 Lian Li PCA05N Steelseries Rival 100 FiiO G10K + Philips SN9500HiFi 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A6-3420M @ 2.2Ghz 1.1v Lenovo Torpedo A55 6720g2 8GB Kingston 1600 CL9 
Hard DriveOSMouse
Samsung 840 250GB ElementaryOS x86_64 Abyssus 3.5G 
  hide details  
post #137 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill View Post

There is way too much butthurt in this thread
'Real world results

"real world" rolleyes.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4460 Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H sapphire R9 290 Crucial Ballistix 1866mhz cas9  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD caviar blue 1tb WD caviar black 500gb Samsung 840 Evo stock :^) 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 8.1 Ubuntu LG IPS 236v Asus 1080p IPS  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer K272HUL Das Model S Ultimate Corsair TX750 Corsair 350D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Mionix Naos 3200 // Razer Deathadder  QcK xonar Dx 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4460 Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H sapphire R9 290 Crucial Ballistix 1866mhz cas9  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD caviar blue 1tb WD caviar black 500gb Samsung 840 Evo stock :^) 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 8.1 Ubuntu LG IPS 236v Asus 1080p IPS  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer K272HUL Das Model S Ultimate Corsair TX750 Corsair 350D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Mionix Naos 3200 // Razer Deathadder  QcK xonar Dx 
  hide details  
post #138 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by =LEVI= View Post

I haven't logged into this forum in ages but I just can't help myself seeing all the caught feelings from fanboys.

Here are the first results that I got when googling Far Cry 3 benchamrks:

Using a Core i7-3770K with 670



So anyone crying over the "weird" Far Cry results I sincerely would like you to continue, because I feed of your tears.

Edit: Link to full bench.

Yeah, AMD not doubling here. You can't "feed of our tears" because you didn't even address the right problem to start with. On a gtx 680.

Full article here: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/far_cry_3_graphics_performance_review_benchmark,7.html
My Rig
(19 items)
 
Rig Contest Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Asus P8Z77V-LK Evga Geforce GTX 760 Superclocked AMD RE1600 Entertainment Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Barracuda Seagate Momentus 2.5 (backup) Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue Samsung 840 EVO LG DVD Super Multi Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 MacOS X Mountain Lion Insignia 26" Display 1080p Gigabyte KM6150 
PowerCaseAudio
Xigmatek NRP-PC602 Cooler Master HAF 922 Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Formula evga geforce gtx 660ti 3gb G.skill rip jaws z series 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Caviar Black 2 tb WD Caviar Black 1 tb wd caviar black 2tb we caviar black 1tb 
Optical DriveCoolingMonitorPower
lite on ihbs112-04 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo acer s220hqlabd 21.5" Corsair ax850 
Case
Cooler Master Haf 922 
  hide details  
My Rig
(19 items)
 
Rig Contest Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Asus P8Z77V-LK Evga Geforce GTX 760 Superclocked AMD RE1600 Entertainment Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Barracuda Seagate Momentus 2.5 (backup) Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue Samsung 840 EVO LG DVD Super Multi Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 MacOS X Mountain Lion Insignia 26" Display 1080p Gigabyte KM6150 
PowerCaseAudio
Xigmatek NRP-PC602 Cooler Master HAF 922 Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Formula evga geforce gtx 660ti 3gb G.skill rip jaws z series 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Caviar Black 2 tb WD Caviar Black 1 tb wd caviar black 2tb we caviar black 1tb 
Optical DriveCoolingMonitorPower
lite on ihbs112-04 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo acer s220hqlabd 21.5" Corsair ax850 
Case
Cooler Master Haf 922 
  hide details  
post #139 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.M. View Post

Because it's cute. You don't like the way he tested them, so you say they aren't true. They are true, and if we can take anything from it, we know that the EVGA Stinger is a bad motherboard.

I don't understand why that isn't the general consensus with everyone. Instead, everyone chooses to cry and say he is an idiot and that the results are lies, when you could just look at the comparison objectively.
There are plenty of ways that's possible. Very unlikely, but possible. Is it impossible because you prefer Intel?

Wrong wrong and wrong.

I don't prefer Intel.

The tests were borked, the results are wrong (since they don't align with the many other similar tests on the internet) therefore those TWO tests are wrong. The rest, the other 5, look entirely legit to me.

And what's not cute is you trolling.

EDIT:

When the rest of the internet has this:



It means his tests were wrong.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
post #140 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

Yeah, how do you explain the AMD chip getting double the FPS?

Also, that's with 4XAA. There is ZERO way that the AMD CPU scored double the FPS than the Intel chip, on the same GPU, on the same settings. None.

Could be the new microsoft hotfix for the AMD he talked about in the video, it's seriously irrational to just jump to the far fetched conclusion that the guy is falsifying this whole thing out of the blue.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
4790k Asrock z97 Pro4 Fury X SSD 
OSMonitorPower
Windows 10 pro WASABI MANGO UHD430 CORSAIR 650TX 650W 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
4790k Asrock z97 Pro4 Fury X SSD 
OSMonitorPower
Windows 10 pro WASABI MANGO UHD430 CORSAIR 650TX 650W 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TekSyndicate] AMD FX 8350 OC vs i5 3570k OC Using an EVGA GTX 670