Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › New To Cross Fire Please assist.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New To Cross Fire Please assist. - Page 2

post #11 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by norules View Post



will it make a diffrence if i swop the 2 cards to keep it running cooler.

or are there some sort of way to keep it cooler

They two different models? run the coolest/best cooler as the top card. My top 7870 typically is 10c higher than the lower but I have good flow so they both stay well within thermals
post #12 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

They two different models? run the coolest/best cooler as the top card. My top 7870 typically is 10c higher than the lower but I have good flow so they both stay well within thermals

they are two Diffrent brands but both 6870's, one is a SAPPHire not sealed and the other one is a sealed unit.
any indications of which one is better cooling?
post #13 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by norules View Post

they are two Diffrent brands but both 6870's, one is a SAPPHire not sealed and the other one is a sealed unit.
any indications of which one is better cooling?

Not sure myself to be honest as not aware of the models. Someone will chime in. You can monitor both gpu whilst gaming using msi afterburner then see what the temps are reaching. As long as in limits I wouldn't worry about it
post #14 of 44
Thread Starter 


Is this Normal between the 2 gpu'S
post #15 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by norules View Post



Is this Normal between the 2 gpu'S

There is nothing showing on the second. Just checked mine in ccc, same as yours, yes its normal for ccc but not right. Try msi
post #16 of 44
Thread Starter 
does anything look funny in here?
post #17 of 44
Looks fine at idle to me, monitor 2x gpu not working properly in windows 8 so cant tell you if its the same as mine on the second gpu being down clocked is correct. As far as the temps and without a magnifying glass is the top 50 and the bottom 39? if so that would be about right.
post #18 of 44
You probably should swap them, but I doubt the low FPS is related to that in any way. Like others said, you just can't expect 6870x2 1gb to handle BF3 at that resolution. You would probably be experiencing lockups/freezing of the entire PC if one of the cards was overheating.
Spit in God's Eye
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5960x @ 4.26 ghz core / 3.53 ghz uncore - 1.... AsRock X99 Extreme3 EVGA GTX980 Ti 16gb (4x4gb) Crucial DDR4 2133 CL15  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
A-Data SP600 256gb SSD (C:) Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (D:) Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive (E:) LITE-ON 24x DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Win 10 x64 HP 2511x ( 25" 1080p ) AZIO L70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 Antec 300 (Modded) Logitech M100 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Spit in God's Eye
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5960x @ 4.26 ghz core / 3.53 ghz uncore - 1.... AsRock X99 Extreme3 EVGA GTX980 Ti 16gb (4x4gb) Crucial DDR4 2133 CL15  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
A-Data SP600 256gb SSD (C:) Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (D:) Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive (E:) LITE-ON 24x DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Win 10 x64 HP 2511x ( 25" 1080p ) AZIO L70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 Antec 300 (Modded) Logitech M100 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

Looks fine at idle to me, monitor 2x gpu not working properly in windows 8 so cant tell you if its the same as mine on the second gpu being down clocked is correct. As far as the temps and without a magnifying glass is the top 50 and the bottom 39? if so that would be about right.


lol sorry for the small pic. top one running at 60. what are the avarage min max temp on a card
post #20 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryDemon View Post

You probably should swap them, but I doubt the low FPS is related to that in any way. Like others said, you just can't expect 6870x2 1gb to handle BF3 at that resolution. You would probably be experiencing lockups/freezing of the entire PC if one of the cards was overheating.


had a look in swapping them but there is a problem the SATA cables are in the way the card to big.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › New To Cross Fire Please assist.