Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Need a new case that has a spot for top mount 360 radiator
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need a new case that has a spot for top mount 360 radiator - Page 3

post #21 of 24
Thread Starter 
The D5 unfortunately kind of falls out of my budget, to do the D5 pump I'm going to get punched in the balls for an extra 100 bucks. I mean I can afford it but I can't really justify it.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_202_972&products_id=34962

and whatever 5.5% off of that is.

If you can find me the D5 version cheaper than 250 bucks then I'll for sure buy it.

Also since you have experience with the switch, is the distance from the 24pin and 8 pin motherboard to point where I may need to use an extender? I got a PC Power & Cooling Quad 750 watt right now. You able to kind of give me a ballpark length in inches I'll need on both.
Hobbes
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4790K GA-Z97X-SOC Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Predator 240mm Windows 7 x64 Das Keyboard 4 Professional CherryMX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X750 Gold Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G900 Schiit Bifrost Uber W/ USB Gen 2 DAC 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Asgard 2 Headphone Amp Audioengine N22 Speaker Amp AudioQuest Nighthawk Audioengine P4 Monitors. 
  hide details  
Reply
Hobbes
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4790K GA-Z97X-SOC Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Predator 240mm Windows 7 x64 Das Keyboard 4 Professional CherryMX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X750 Gold Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G900 Schiit Bifrost Uber W/ USB Gen 2 DAC 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Asgard 2 Headphone Amp Audioengine N22 Speaker Amp AudioQuest Nighthawk Audioengine P4 Monitors. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post

Also since you have experience with the switch, is the distance from the 24pin and 8 pin motherboard to point where I may need to use an extender? I got a PC Power & Cooling Quad 750 watt right now. You able to kind of give me a ballpark length in inches I'll need on both.

The Switch 810 case comes with an 8-pin extension cable. I think it's about 6-8" long. It's black and each wire is individually sleeved.

I have used a PC Power & Cooling 1kw SR, an Enermax Revolution 85+, a Seasonic Platinum 1000, and a 750 Watt PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk II at one point or another in my 2 Switch 810 cases and the only extension needed on any of them was the 8-pin (which comes with Switch 810). I never needed at 24-pin extension cable with any of those PSU's.
post #23 of 24
if your looking to shove a 360 rad into a case you should try the bitfenix shinobi xl window it has top mount 360 front mount 360 bottom 240 rear 120 $149 free shipping at performance pc and newegg has it in white for a little more

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103_970&products_id=34455

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811345018

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH4OKZWcI4Q vid
post #24 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47 Knucklehead View Post

The Switch 810 case comes with an 8-pin extension cable. I think it's about 6-8" long. It's black and each wire is individually sleeved.

I have used a PC Power & Cooling 1kw SR, an Enermax Revolution 85+, a Seasonic Platinum 1000, and a 750 Watt PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk II at one point or another in my 2 Switch 810 cases and the only extension needed on any of them was the 8-pin (which comes with Switch 810). I never needed at 24-pin extension cable with any of those PSU's.

Sweet, lol I actually have an NZXT extension right now for the 24pin haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman4734 View Post

if your looking to shove a 360 rad into a case you should try the bitfenix shinobi xl window it has top mount 360 front mount 360 bottom 240 rear 120 $149 free shipping at performance pc and newegg has it in white for a little more

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103_970&products_id=34455

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811345018

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH4OKZWcI4Q vid

Read a lot about how crappy the shinobi is for airflow, multiple people here dislike it. None the less, I'm sold on the switch biggrin.gif Thanks though!
Hobbes
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4790K GA-Z97X-SOC Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Predator 240mm Windows 7 x64 Das Keyboard 4 Professional CherryMX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X750 Gold Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G900 Schiit Bifrost Uber W/ USB Gen 2 DAC 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Asgard 2 Headphone Amp Audioengine N22 Speaker Amp AudioQuest Nighthawk Audioengine P4 Monitors. 
  hide details  
Reply
Hobbes
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4790K GA-Z97X-SOC Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Predator 240mm Windows 7 x64 Das Keyboard 4 Professional CherryMX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X750 Gold Corsair Carbide Air 540 Logitech G900 Schiit Bifrost Uber W/ USB Gen 2 DAC 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Asgard 2 Headphone Amp Audioengine N22 Speaker Amp AudioQuest Nighthawk Audioengine P4 Monitors. 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Need a new case that has a spot for top mount 360 radiator