Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [wccf] NVIDIA GeForce Titan Features 6 GB Memory – Review Samples Already Shipped
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[wccf] NVIDIA GeForce Titan Features 6 GB Memory – Review Samples Already Shipped - Page 40  

post #391 of 1002
The funny thing is that my GTX 680M inside my notebook cost almost as much as this Titan. My 3940XM cost like $500-600 more than i7 3930.

When you`re in the notebook world you get accustomed to expensive hardware.
post #392 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermi View Post

Well my 3930 at 5ghz does bottlneck my 4 way sli in BF3 frown.gif but in most other games like C3 with enough pixels and eye candy the GPU's become the main bottleneck again YAY!

Thats also because BF3 is bad on CPU for some god aweful un-optimized reason. You are right though, with enough GPU's in SLI / CF there is enough CPU overhead where it could become a problem, so go for 5.5ghz biggrin.gif
Nightrider
(17 items)
 
Commodore 64
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k x79 gd45 PLUS GTX Titan Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
HyperX 3k Intel 320 Seagate Barracuda Swifttech H220 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Swifttech 220QP Corsair SP120 Windows 8.1 Pro Windows 10 Pro 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Home Ubuntu 15.4 QNIX 2710 Catleap 2B 
Keyboard
Ducky - Cherry MX Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k DZ77GA - 70K GTX670-DC2-4GD5  MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
HyperX 3k CM 212 + Win 7 64 ubuntu 
PowerCase
Seventeam 850w modular CS-NT-ZERO-2  
  hide details  
Nightrider
(17 items)
 
Commodore 64
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k x79 gd45 PLUS GTX Titan Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
HyperX 3k Intel 320 Seagate Barracuda Swifttech H220 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Swifttech 220QP Corsair SP120 Windows 8.1 Pro Windows 10 Pro 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Home Ubuntu 15.4 QNIX 2710 Catleap 2B 
Keyboard
Ducky - Cherry MX Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k DZ77GA - 70K GTX670-DC2-4GD5  MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
HyperX 3k CM 212 + Win 7 64 ubuntu 
PowerCase
Seventeam 850w modular CS-NT-ZERO-2  
  hide details  
post #393 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudfire777 View Post

Late February or early March, according to the rumors

March mmmmm long waitinggg want some new from nvidia. @ least a oficial date or just a seller post
Evolved
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K X99A RAIDER (MS-7885) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti asus Poseidon Corsair  
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  PNY Electronics  PCI revodrive 3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
ssd samsung  LG BLu-ray. XPC water block XPC 360 Radiator 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XPC 240 Radiator Swifttech Pumb Windows 10 PHillips 40'' 4k Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair k70 Mecha AX 1500i Corsair 900D Corsair m65, Razer naga, Logitech g700 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
steel series mousepad Soundblaster Z, Yamaha rx-v677 Infinity Speakers X 7, Jbl Subwoofer, vanther &... Audeze LCD-2 
Other
FIIO K5 headphone AMP 
  hide details  
Evolved
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K X99A RAIDER (MS-7885) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti asus Poseidon Corsair  
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  PNY Electronics  PCI revodrive 3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
ssd samsung  LG BLu-ray. XPC water block XPC 360 Radiator 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XPC 240 Radiator Swifttech Pumb Windows 10 PHillips 40'' 4k Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair k70 Mecha AX 1500i Corsair 900D Corsair m65, Razer naga, Logitech g700 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
steel series mousepad Soundblaster Z, Yamaha rx-v677 Infinity Speakers X 7, Jbl Subwoofer, vanther &... Audeze LCD-2 
Other
FIIO K5 headphone AMP 
  hide details  
post #394 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudfire777 View Post

The funny thing is that my GTX 680M inside my notebook cost almost as much as this Titan. My 3940XM cost like $500-600 more than i7 3930.

When you`re in the notebook world you get accustomed to expensive hardware.


I HEAR YOU, I have a 680m 4gb clevo and 2920XM in my M18X, HOWEVER having a quad core cpu @ 4.3 - 4.5ghz and a GPU that when overclocked matches a stock 670 4gb ALL in a laptop you can use on the sofa, cafe, friends house bedroom etc is PRICELESS ... I can run C3 fully maxed in stereo 3d on my 720p 3d vision projector form my laptop and get loke 65fps lol!!! Will add another in SLI at some point as well!!! HEHEHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avonosac View Post

Thats also because BF3 is bad on CPU for some god aweful un-optimized reason. You are right though, with enough GPU's in SLI / CF there is enough CPU overhead where it could become a problem, so go for 5.5ghz biggrin.gif

YES , though lots of the BF3 seems like poor SLI optimizations as well ... a buddy of mine and I find switching to and from full screen or changing res can at times trick the game into giving us full gpu scaling LOL, however Battlelog seems to CRASH my whole pc if I try to start more than 1 match before doing a full pc restart!?!?!?!

I am sooooo happy C3 is here because I am sooooooooooo tired of the issues with BF3 and especially Battlelog, I get similar issues with MOH if I open it with Battlelog ... but if i open MOH from in the game itself no issues at all amazing gpu scaling and ZERO crashes LOL ....

ok back to the titans!!!

I would love to shoot for 5.2ghz, but not until IVY E , my next upgrade is closer LOL OHHH YEAH!!!!
Crimson Ice
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 4930k 5.1ghz 1.456v Asus Rampage Extreme IV 2-way SLI TITANS 32 GB Patriot Viper at 2133mhz 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
custom water cooling loop mcp35x dual pump with an extra 35x backup custom made radiators custom 2.5 gallon res 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
SDUMPER custom SS Phase Cooler Express SS Phase (Backup) win 8.1 & win 7 asus 27 inch 3d 120hz surround 3d x3 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate DUAL corsair 1050 W & corsair 1000 W Genesis 9000 reverse ATX Forgot which gaming mouse (will update) still n... 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar stx Heir Audio 8.A custom IEM's Heir Audio 6.A LE custom IEM's Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Crimson Ice
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 4930k 5.1ghz 1.456v Asus Rampage Extreme IV 2-way SLI TITANS 32 GB Patriot Viper at 2133mhz 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
custom water cooling loop mcp35x dual pump with an extra 35x backup custom made radiators custom 2.5 gallon res 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
SDUMPER custom SS Phase Cooler Express SS Phase (Backup) win 8.1 & win 7 asus 27 inch 3d 120hz surround 3d x3 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate DUAL corsair 1050 W & corsair 1000 W Genesis 9000 reverse ATX Forgot which gaming mouse (will update) still n... 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar stx Heir Audio 8.A custom IEM's Heir Audio 6.A LE custom IEM's Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
post #395 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT View Post

Not true. I get 120fps in Black OPs II on my 2560x1440p Catleap 2B Extreme (120Hz), with my GTX 680. Mind you, that PC game is a console port and not all that demanding, but it sure is fun gaming at that resolution and 120fps! thumb.gif Gonna need the Titan (or 2) to achieve that on more demanding titles however: e.g. In BF3, high settings, 2xMSAA and motion blur off, I can only average 80fps at that resolution with my single 680. rolleyes.gif

Like you said, Black Ops II isn't that demanding. Try something like Far Cry 3 for instance, at 1440p everything maxed out I get an average of 34 fps. I'd be interested to see how the titan does in that game.
Project Taco
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Z87 G1 Sniper 5 EVGA 780 TI Classified EVGA 780 TI Classified 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Avexir Core Series 4x4GB White Samsung 840 EVO Corsair H100i Noiseblocker eLoops 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 QNIX QX2710 QNIX QX2710 KBT Pure MX Whites 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA Supernova 1000W Gold NZXT H440 Func MS-3 O2/ODAC 
Audio
MrSpeakers Mad Dogs (Fostex T50RP Mod) 
  hide details  
Project Taco
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Z87 G1 Sniper 5 EVGA 780 TI Classified EVGA 780 TI Classified 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Avexir Core Series 4x4GB White Samsung 840 EVO Corsair H100i Noiseblocker eLoops 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 QNIX QX2710 QNIX QX2710 KBT Pure MX Whites 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA Supernova 1000W Gold NZXT H440 Func MS-3 O2/ODAC 
Audio
MrSpeakers Mad Dogs (Fostex T50RP Mod) 
  hide details  
post #396 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermi View Post

I HEAR YOU, I have a 680m 4gb clevo and 2920XM in my M18X, HOWEVER having a quad core cpu @ 4.3 - 4.5ghz and a GPU that when overclocked matches a stock 670 4gb ALL in a laptop you can use on the sofa, cafe, friends house bedroom etc is PRICELESS ... I can run C3 fully maxed in stereo 3d on my 720p 3d vision projector form my laptop and get loke 65fps lol!!! Will add another in SLI at some point as well!!! HEHEHE

Agreed 100%. Its nice to have a notebook that is capable of playing all games in 1080p with max settings. Kepler was a godsend to notebooks since we got so huge performance leap from Fermi. Its also nice to have a notebook when going to LAN parties and such. You see people dragging all sort of crap with them, and you just come there with a thin little notebook, plug in the power cable and you are done. biggrin.gif
My MSI even have a pretty good sound system (well not as good as real 5.1 systems and similar obv) which is good enough for gaming and movies.

That said, this Titan seem very interesting and it won`t surprise me if I once again build myself a new desktop system.
post #397 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudfire777 View Post

Agreed 100%. Its nice to have a notebook that is capable of playing all games in 1080p with max settings. Kepler was a godsend to notebooks since we got so huge performance leap from Fermi. Its also nice to have a notebook when going to LAN parties and such. You see people dragging all sort of crap with them, and you just come there with a thin little notebook, plug in the power cable and you are done. biggrin.gif
My MSI even have a pretty good sound system (well not as good as real 5.1 systems and similar obv) which is good enough for gaming and movies.

That said, this Titan seem very interesting and it won`t surprise me if I once again build myself a new desktop system.

YES YES YES, and add a nice external DAC and headphones, a nice mouse < WOW > you have MONSTER gaming ANYWHERE.

Oh there is no substitute for a full desktop rig either!!! Def, need both hahaha....

May TITAN usher you into another build!!!!
Crimson Ice
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 4930k 5.1ghz 1.456v Asus Rampage Extreme IV 2-way SLI TITANS 32 GB Patriot Viper at 2133mhz 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
custom water cooling loop mcp35x dual pump with an extra 35x backup custom made radiators custom 2.5 gallon res 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
SDUMPER custom SS Phase Cooler Express SS Phase (Backup) win 8.1 & win 7 asus 27 inch 3d 120hz surround 3d x3 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate DUAL corsair 1050 W & corsair 1000 W Genesis 9000 reverse ATX Forgot which gaming mouse (will update) still n... 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar stx Heir Audio 8.A custom IEM's Heir Audio 6.A LE custom IEM's Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Crimson Ice
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 4930k 5.1ghz 1.456v Asus Rampage Extreme IV 2-way SLI TITANS 32 GB Patriot Viper at 2133mhz 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
custom water cooling loop mcp35x dual pump with an extra 35x backup custom made radiators custom 2.5 gallon res 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
SDUMPER custom SS Phase Cooler Express SS Phase (Backup) win 8.1 & win 7 asus 27 inch 3d 120hz surround 3d x3 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate DUAL corsair 1050 W & corsair 1000 W Genesis 9000 reverse ATX Forgot which gaming mouse (will update) still n... 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar stx Heir Audio 8.A custom IEM's Heir Audio 6.A LE custom IEM's Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
post #398 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomTaco View Post

Like you said, Black Ops II isn't that demanding. Try something like Far Cry 3 for instance, at 1440p everything maxed out I get an average of 34 fps. I'd be interested to see how the titan does in that game.

Definitely. If the Titan can handle FC3, BF3, Crysis 3 or a heavily modded Skyrim @ max setting and get 120fps at that resolution, we truly will have the mother of all gpus!biggrin.gif
post #399 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT View Post

Definitely. If the Titan can handle FC3, BF3, Crysis 3 or a heavily modded Skyrim @ max setting and get 120fps at that resolution, we truly will have the mother of all gpus!biggrin.gif

It will likely run out of juice, but it will also not have the overhead of the 690, and other instabilities SLI introduces. You'll probably need 2 of em or more to get that performance out of these newest games, that being said I think 2 of these in SLI will probably beat the crap out of 2x690s.

Since they will be able to capitalize on memory bandwidth and power.
Nightrider
(17 items)
 
Commodore 64
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k x79 gd45 PLUS GTX Titan Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
HyperX 3k Intel 320 Seagate Barracuda Swifttech H220 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Swifttech 220QP Corsair SP120 Windows 8.1 Pro Windows 10 Pro 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Home Ubuntu 15.4 QNIX 2710 Catleap 2B 
Keyboard
Ducky - Cherry MX Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k DZ77GA - 70K GTX670-DC2-4GD5  MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
HyperX 3k CM 212 + Win 7 64 ubuntu 
PowerCase
Seventeam 850w modular CS-NT-ZERO-2  
  hide details  
Nightrider
(17 items)
 
Commodore 64
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k x79 gd45 PLUS GTX Titan Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
HyperX 3k Intel 320 Seagate Barracuda Swifttech H220 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Swifttech 220QP Corsair SP120 Windows 8.1 Pro Windows 10 Pro 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Home Ubuntu 15.4 QNIX 2710 Catleap 2B 
Keyboard
Ducky - Cherry MX Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k DZ77GA - 70K GTX670-DC2-4GD5  MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
HyperX 3k CM 212 + Win 7 64 ubuntu 
PowerCase
Seventeam 850w modular CS-NT-ZERO-2  
  hide details  
post #400 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avonosac View Post

It will likely run out of juice, but it will also not have the overhead of the 690, and other instabilities SLI introduces. You'll probably need 2 of em or more to get that performance out of these newest games, that being said I think 2 of these in SLI will probably beat the crap out of 2x690s.

Since they will be able to capitalize on memory bandwidth and power.
And they will scale beyond 2 gpus which the gtx690 mostly doesn't win thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [wccf] NVIDIA GeForce Titan Features 6 GB Memory – Review Samples Already Shipped