Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [wccf] NVIDIA GeForce Titan Features 6 GB Memory – Review Samples Already Shipped
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[wccf] NVIDIA GeForce Titan Features 6 GB Memory – Review Samples Already Shipped - Page 100  

post #991 of 1002
Corporate policy. You start getting lax during one release, you'll be lax during the next...
Nightrider
(17 items)
 
Commodore 64
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k x79 gd45 PLUS GTX Titan Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
HyperX 3k Intel 320 Seagate Barracuda Swifttech H220 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Swifttech 220QP Corsair SP120 Windows 8.1 Pro Windows 10 Pro 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Home Ubuntu 15.4 QNIX 2710 Catleap 2B 
Keyboard
Ducky - Cherry MX Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k DZ77GA - 70K GTX670-DC2-4GD5  MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
HyperX 3k CM 212 + Win 7 64 ubuntu 
PowerCase
Seventeam 850w modular CS-NT-ZERO-2  
  hide details  
Nightrider
(17 items)
 
Commodore 64
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k x79 gd45 PLUS GTX Titan Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
HyperX 3k Intel 320 Seagate Barracuda Swifttech H220 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Swifttech 220QP Corsair SP120 Windows 8.1 Pro Windows 10 Pro 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Home Ubuntu 15.4 QNIX 2710 Catleap 2B 
Keyboard
Ducky - Cherry MX Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k DZ77GA - 70K GTX670-DC2-4GD5  MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
HyperX 3k CM 212 + Win 7 64 ubuntu 
PowerCase
Seventeam 850w modular CS-NT-ZERO-2  
  hide details  
post #992 of 1002
So TONIGHT is the night, right? They said it got pushed back to the 19th, with reviews coming the 21st?
post #993 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiracubed View Post

So TONIGHT is the night, right? They said it got pushed back to the 19th, with reviews coming the 21st?

I think we should see something soon. 9am EST today, or Thursday. The 680s released at 9am on a Thursday as well.
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
post #994 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

I think we should see something soon. 9am EST today, or Thursday. The 680s released at 9am on a Thursday as well.

Thanks for the info! Would it just show listed at our etailers like Newegg and Amazon as a simple "geforce titan" search, or direct from Nvidia, EVGA and Asus? Sorry for the million questions, just want to be able to buy it if I think the final price is good-- I keep hearing anywhere from $900-$1500!
post #995 of 1002
thumb.gif
GTX TITAN also comes with GPU Boost 2.0 that allows increased clock speeds and performance,plus an additional ceiling of manual overclock (up to 1.10GHzz) given to consumers if they understand that going this extra step will diminish the quality of the card in the long run (and presumably warranty). Of course, partner OEMs like ASUS and Gigabyte will have the ability to disable the OverVoltage option within the BIOS itself.

http://uptiki.altervista.org/viewer.php?file=r1xc88gno2ysn2z1jvcg.jpg
post #996 of 1002
Here is a bunch of stuff that I am ripping from the EVGA forums since it doesn't look like it's been posted here...

Source: http://www.anandtech.com/...rce-gtx-titan-part-1/2

" Moving on, with a $999 launch price NVIDIA’s competition will be rather limited. The GTX 690 is essentially a companion product; NVIDIA’s customers can either get the most powerful single-GPU card NVIDIA offers in a blower design, or an alternative design composed of two lesser GPUs in SLI, in a front and rear exhausting design. The GTX 690 will be the faster card, but at a higher TDP and with the general drawbacks of SLI. On the other hand Titan will be the more consistent card, the lower TDP card, the easier to cool card, but also the slower card. Meanwhile though it’s not a singular product, the GTX 680 SLI will also be another option, offering higher performance, higher TDP, more noise, and a cheaper price tag of around $900.

As for AMD, with their fastest single-GPU video card being the 7970 GHz Edition, offering performance closer to the GTX 680 than Titan, Titan essentially sits in a class of its own on the single-GPU front. AMD’s competition for Titan will be the 7970GE in CrossFire, and then the officially unofficial 7990 family, composed of the air cooled PowerColor 7990, and the closed loop water cooled Asus Ares II. But with NVIDIA keeping GTX 690 around, these are probably closer competitors to the multi-GPU 690 than they are the single-GPU Titan."


http://www.geforce.com/ha...-gtx-titan/performance

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/51857-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-6gb-graphics-card-overview/

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2143/1/

http://www.pcper.com/revi...rclocking-and-GPGPU/Bi

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_titan_preview_reference.html


MSRP = 999.99USD
no 4-way SLI (3-way max)
I will be passing on this card.
post #997 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by striderstone View Post

Here is a bunch of stuff that I am ripping from the EVGA forums since it doesn't look like it's been posted here...

Source: http://www.anandtech.com/...rce-gtx-titan-part-1/2

" Moving on, with a $999 launch price NVIDIA’s competition will be rather limited. The GTX 690 is essentially a companion product; NVIDIA’s customers can either get the most powerful single-GPU card NVIDIA offers in a blower design, or an alternative design composed of two lesser GPUs in SLI, in a front and rear exhausting design. The GTX 690 will be the faster card, but at a higher TDP and with the general drawbacks of SLI. On the other hand Titan will be the more consistent card, the lower TDP card, the easier to cool card, but also the slower card. Meanwhile though it’s not a singular product, the GTX 680 SLI will also be another option, offering higher performance, higher TDP, more noise, and a cheaper price tag of around $900.

As for AMD, with their fastest single-GPU video card being the 7970 GHz Edition, offering performance closer to the GTX 680 than Titan, Titan essentially sits in a class of its own on the single-GPU front. AMD’s competition for Titan will be the 7970GE in CrossFire, and then the officially unofficial 7990 family, composed of the air cooled PowerColor 7990, and the closed loop water cooled Asus Ares II. But with NVIDIA keeping GTX 690 around, these are probably closer competitors to the multi-GPU 690 than they are the single-GPU Titan."


http://www.geforce.com/ha...-gtx-titan/performance

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/51857-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-6gb-graphics-card-overview/

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2143/1/

http://www.pcper.com/revi...rclocking-and-GPGPU/Bi

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_titan_preview_reference.html


MSRP = 999.99USD
no 4-way SLI (3-way max)
I will be passing on this card.

I am pretty sure toms hardware preview said 4 way sli is supported.
post #998 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinner16 View Post

I am pretty sure toms hardware preview said 4 way sli is supported.
hmmm you are correct, they do say that.
What a coincidence, conflict of information. This is the deciding factor if I get these or not. I guess I really will just have to wait.
post #999 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by striderstone View Post

hmmm you are correct, they do say that.
What a coincidence, conflict of information. This is the deciding factor if I get these or not. I guess I really will just have to wait.
Better to go 3 way with this as 4 way doesn't scale well ever.
Unless you are planing on BF3 only which would be a waste as it is too strong.
You might actually be losing performance over 3 way
Edited by maarten12100 - 2/19/13 at 10:16am
post #1000 of 1002
double post

Edit: post #1000 biggrin.gif
Edited by maarten12100 - 2/19/13 at 10:16am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [wccf] NVIDIA GeForce Titan Features 6 GB Memory – Review Samples Already Shipped