Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [Gizmodo] The PlayStation 4 Will Cost Over $400
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Gizmodo] The PlayStation 4 Will Cost Over $400 - Page 30

post #291 of 407
What exactly does the console win?

To me since becoming a PC gamer 10 years ago, I find consoles to be limiting. The only thing going for them is Exclusives and Games are fully optimized to run on them. It may be progression on the console front every time they release a new gen, but the PC will always be Progressive and will never stop evolving, I like to have the freedom of a PC. If it came down to it though and I wanted a console, I'd be hard pressed on which to buy.
Edited by jameschisholm - 2/26/13 at 1:23pm
post #292 of 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschisholm View Post

What exactly does the console win?

It will play the same game with better frame rate, higher settings, etc.
post #293 of 407
What you mean the console which has most games locked at 30fps? and when you see most gfx comparisons even a PC on low-med looks and runs better? How on earth can you claim that lol.
post #294 of 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschisholm View Post

What you mean the console which has most games locked at 30fps? and when you see most gfx comparisons even a PC on low-med looks and runs better? How on earth can you claim that lol.

Ive seen a lot of games that look like 30fps or less on console.
Left4Dead and Mafia II are almost unplayable on the 360
   
Pink Power
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.3ghz 1.34v Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R Gigabyte GTX 760 OC Kingston HyperX t1 8GB 1866 MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Green 2TB Intel 520 SSD Samsung SH-224DB DVD Burner Corsair H105 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x Enermax T.B Apollish Twister 140mm 2x NZXT FN 120RB Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Thermaltake ToughPower XT 775W 
CaseOtherOtherOther
NZXT Phantom 410 Leadtek DTV1000s HD TV Tuner/Capture Card ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless Adapter NZXT Sleeved Lighting Kit 100cm 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G630 Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 POV GT 430 2GB Strontium 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD Caviar Blue 500GB LG External DVD Burner Win7 Ultimate 32bit 680W ATX Power Supply 
CaseOther
K-Mart Fish Tank Blue LED Strip 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3 4170 AsRock B85M Pro3 ASUS Radeon R7 370 Kingston HyperX Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Toshiba 500GB SATA3 Sandisk SSD Plus Windows 7 Ultimate Antec VPF550 550w 
CaseOther
Bitfenix Shinobi (Pink) 2x 30cm Pink LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
   
Pink Power
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.3ghz 1.34v Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R Gigabyte GTX 760 OC Kingston HyperX t1 8GB 1866 MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Green 2TB Intel 520 SSD Samsung SH-224DB DVD Burner Corsair H105 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x Enermax T.B Apollish Twister 140mm 2x NZXT FN 120RB Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Thermaltake ToughPower XT 775W 
CaseOtherOtherOther
NZXT Phantom 410 Leadtek DTV1000s HD TV Tuner/Capture Card ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless Adapter NZXT Sleeved Lighting Kit 100cm 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G630 Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 POV GT 430 2GB Strontium 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD Caviar Blue 500GB LG External DVD Burner Win7 Ultimate 32bit 680W ATX Power Supply 
CaseOther
K-Mart Fish Tank Blue LED Strip 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3 4170 AsRock B85M Pro3 ASUS Radeon R7 370 Kingston HyperX Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Toshiba 500GB SATA3 Sandisk SSD Plus Windows 7 Ultimate Antec VPF550 550w 
CaseOther
Bitfenix Shinobi (Pink) 2x 30cm Pink LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
post #295 of 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschisholm View Post

What you mean the console which has most games locked at 30fps? and when you see most gfx comparisons even a PC on low-med looks and runs better? How on earth can you claim that lol.

If the hardware is identical, the console game will run better for the reasons I listed prior. When you see a PC run the same game better than a console, that's because you're using more powerful hardware.

I'm done debating with you, this is a pretty simple concept to grasp, and it's a fact.
post #296 of 407
Dude I do understand it. A console is a fixed platform, with no real variables to take into account because every console has the same set of hardware. Whereas developing for PC means you have to account for lots of different configurations, and allow the game to scale up and down accordingly. I'm just trying to get across that it is possible to build a cheap PC, which will play these games.

The other thing I understand is that back in 2005/2006 things were different. The leap from PS2 to PS3 was monumental. I'm not so sure the PS3 to PS4 will be the same considering how far tech has come.

I still believe the PS4 will be $400-500.
Edited by jameschisholm - 2/26/13 at 1:55pm
post #297 of 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschisholm View Post

Dude I do understand it. A console is a fixed platform, with no real variables to take into account because every console has the same set of hardware. Whereas developing for PC means you have to account for lots of different configurations, and allow the game to scale up and down accordingly. I'm just trying to get across that it is possible to build a cheap PC, which will play these games.

Brilliant observation. I'll pass that along. thumb.gif
post #298 of 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschisholm View Post

What you mean the console which has most games locked at 30fps? and when you see most gfx comparisons even a PC on low-med looks and runs better? How on earth can you claim that lol.

Why are/were you intentionally being obtuse and argumentative?

Consoles, when assuming ceteris paribus, are better than PC. It's not an opinion; it is a fact. You will not be able to build a PC from scratch when these consoles launch that will perform better for the same price point, or likely anywhere near it.

There are no variables to consider outside what has already been stated.

The only reason you can build a cheap PC now that will play these games at better detail/FPS/resolution/etc is due to the age of the console hardware, Next gen console will be greater than equivalently priced PC hardware at launch.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[INTEL] i7 930, 4.4ghz @ 1.27V [Asus] Rampage III Extreme [Sapphire] 2X 6950's Flashed to 6970's @950/1425 [G.SKILL] Ripjaws X Series 12GB DDR3 @ 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Crucial] 2X C300's in Raid0 & [Samsung] 2X 1TB F3 [Hewlett-Packard] DVD-RW [Microsoft] Windows 7 64-bit [Asus] 3X 23" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsoft] Sidewinder X6 [Kingwin] Lazer LZ-1000 [Xigmatek] Elysium (Being Modded) [Microsoft] Sidewinder 
Mouse Pad
[XTrac] Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[INTEL] i7 930, 4.4ghz @ 1.27V [Asus] Rampage III Extreme [Sapphire] 2X 6950's Flashed to 6970's @950/1425 [G.SKILL] Ripjaws X Series 12GB DDR3 @ 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Crucial] 2X C300's in Raid0 & [Samsung] 2X 1TB F3 [Hewlett-Packard] DVD-RW [Microsoft] Windows 7 64-bit [Asus] 3X 23" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsoft] Sidewinder X6 [Kingwin] Lazer LZ-1000 [Xigmatek] Elysium (Being Modded) [Microsoft] Sidewinder 
Mouse Pad
[XTrac] Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #299 of 407
Will the Graphical leap be as significant as last time?? I do find it to be very sad that we as PC gamers have to follow games consoles as a guide for what is to come.
Edited by jameschisholm - 2/26/13 at 2:22pm
post #300 of 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschisholm View Post

So begs the question, why even have a gaming pc? All this talk really does make me think what's the point lol

Because you can upgrade a PC to have better graphics, while you're stuck with what you get on that specific console generation. I think that's the point they were trying to make--if a PC built at the same price of a console (for the sake of it, lets say PS4) went head to head with said console, the console would come out on top. While I'm not sure if that's true or not, that is the point they're making.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [Gizmodo] The PlayStation 4 Will Cost Over $400