Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › do i keep updating the parts or do i just save and get whats on my list already
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

do i keep updating the parts or do i just save and get whats on my list already - Page 2

post #11 of 25
you never specified you were in the UK though did you, I too am in the UK.

In which case stick with the EVGA one, its cheaper than the seasonic.
post #12 of 25
I think you can do it over time if you want to, if you buy the parts at the right time. If you like a case style you will probably still like it in six months. Once you have the money for the motherboard (didn't see a mention of a motherboard) and processor you can get your system up and running when you can afford the power supply. I have learned that you can never get ahead to the technology or sale strategies by the manufactures. Five months ago I found a i5 3570K for $99.00. Right now they between $200 and $150.
post #13 of 25
Thread Starter 
my bad sorry for not specifing where i am

as for the motherboard i was thinking asus p8z77 (something like that)

it has just what i need
2X 32 bit slots ( i only need one for sound card)
2X PCIE X16 gen 3.0 slots
1x PCIE X4 bandwidth

the only thing i dont like is the vga, dvi and hdmi connectors on there would like more usb slots

as for the processor i did specify one

I5 3570K


at the moment 99% of the parts are coming from scan.co.uk
the graphics cards are coming from overclockers.co.uk

As for the case um its limited edition i aint buying because its limited edition um im buying it because its white and blue and its a 410 phantom
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilkes View Post

my bad sorry for not specifing where i am

as for the motherboard i was thinking asus p8z77 (something like that)

it has just what i need
2X 32 bit slots ( i only need one for sound card)
2X PCIE X16 gen 3.0 slots
1x PCIE X4 bandwidth

the only thing i dont like is the vga, dvi and hdmi connectors on there would like more usb slots

as for the processor i did specify one

I5 3570K


at the moment 99% of the parts are coming from scan.co.uk
the graphics cards are coming from overclockers.co.uk

As for the case um its limited edition i aint buying because its limited edition um im buying it because its white and blue and its a 410 phantom

Can you be specifics what are you going to do with that PC of your? I know it is a stupid question to asked because the answer in front of me. I however don't know what games are you going to play or other tasks you are doing.
Also define gaming in your own word. Meaning, are you building this rig for hard-core/intense games for Crysis 3, Battlefield 3 and etc or. Lighter games like RTS, RPG, MMO and etc.

I don't know if you even need a dual 7970 when I think you can do better with one of them that have 3 VGA slot I think? Or maybe get dual 7850/7870 or something like that.

For case, does Cooler Master Elite 430 will work? I think it have 6 fans include 2 already installed
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K  P8Z68-V LX Galaxy Geforce GTX 670 Kingston 8GB RAM  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
SanDisk SDSSDP-064G-G25 OCZ Vertex 450 128GB WD 1TB HDD 5400 RPM Windows 8 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell e2414h monitor  Vizio VO22LFHDTV10A 22" Logitech G710+ Corsair HX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Enforcer Logitech G700s Logitech Soft Cloth Mouse pad Sennheiser HD 558 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster Z 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 3630m NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660m 2GB 6GB RAM MyDigitalSSD mSATA 240GB 
Hard DriveOS
750GB HDD Windows 8  
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K  P8Z68-V LX Galaxy Geforce GTX 670 Kingston 8GB RAM  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
SanDisk SDSSDP-064G-G25 OCZ Vertex 450 128GB WD 1TB HDD 5400 RPM Windows 8 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell e2414h monitor  Vizio VO22LFHDTV10A 22" Logitech G710+ Corsair HX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Enforcer Logitech G700s Logitech Soft Cloth Mouse pad Sennheiser HD 558 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster Z 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 3630m NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660m 2GB 6GB RAM MyDigitalSSD mSATA 240GB 
Hard DriveOS
750GB HDD Windows 8  
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 25
the 7850 and the 7970 are in a completely different league when it comes to gaming.

You're looking at a 30 - 40% increase in some cases. He's be better off with the single card purely from the power/heat perspective.

Comps
post #16 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryou-kun View Post

Can you be specifics what are you going to do with that PC of your? I know it is a stupid question to asked because the answer in front of me. I however don't know what games are you going to play or other tasks you are doing.
Also define gaming in your own word. Meaning, are you building this rig for hard-core/intense games for Crysis 3, Battlefield 3 and etc or. Lighter games like RTS, RPG, MMO and etc.

I don't know if you even need a dual 7970 when I think you can do better with one of them that have 3 VGA slot I think? Or maybe get dual 7850/7870 or something like that.

For case, does Cooler Master Elite 430 will work? I think it have 6 fans include 2 already installed


its not 7970s i cant afford those i put down 7950s

as for gaming well it would for high end gaming as well as low end gaming
3d and 2d design work
art work
films
internet

basicaly enough horse power to chuch it at just about anything

i have seen a benchmark with 1 7950 on triple monitors and it was getting as low as 20 fps

seeing as im goinf with a triple 27 monitor set up i would imagine haveing the two 7950s would be quite effective

as for the case ive looked at pages of case and unboxing and reciews of a boat load of cases and the phantom just does for me it is NOM in my opinion
post #17 of 25
The 7950 boosts are excellent, only slightly slower than the 7970's, certainly not worth the extra money
post #18 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post

The 7950 boosts are excellent, only slightly slower than the 7970's, certainly not worth the extra money


the 7950s are 230 without games and 240 with games

im gonna possibly get one with games and one with that is if the offer is stillgoing by the time i get the money
post #19 of 25
Remember though mate, by the time you get this in 8 months or whatever it is, the 8000 series will be out

Comps
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilkes View Post

its not 7970s i cant afford those i put down 7950s

as for gaming well it would for high end gaming as well as low end gaming
3d and 2d design work
art work
films
internet

basicaly enough horse power to chuch it at just about anything

i have seen a benchmark with 1 7950 on triple monitors and it was getting as low as 20 fps

seeing as im goinf with a triple 27 monitor set up i would imagine haveing the two 7950s would be quite effective

as for the case ive looked at pages of case and unboxing and reciews of a boat load of cases and the phantom just does for me it is NOM in my opinion

May I asked why not get NVIDIA GPU?
I think they are pretty good IMO unless it is expensive in the UK then scratch that.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K  P8Z68-V LX Galaxy Geforce GTX 670 Kingston 8GB RAM  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
SanDisk SDSSDP-064G-G25 OCZ Vertex 450 128GB WD 1TB HDD 5400 RPM Windows 8 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell e2414h monitor  Vizio VO22LFHDTV10A 22" Logitech G710+ Corsair HX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Enforcer Logitech G700s Logitech Soft Cloth Mouse pad Sennheiser HD 558 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster Z 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 3630m NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660m 2GB 6GB RAM MyDigitalSSD mSATA 240GB 
Hard DriveOS
750GB HDD Windows 8  
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K  P8Z68-V LX Galaxy Geforce GTX 670 Kingston 8GB RAM  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
SanDisk SDSSDP-064G-G25 OCZ Vertex 450 128GB WD 1TB HDD 5400 RPM Windows 8 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell e2414h monitor  Vizio VO22LFHDTV10A 22" Logitech G710+ Corsair HX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Enforcer Logitech G700s Logitech Soft Cloth Mouse pad Sennheiser HD 558 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster Z 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 3630m NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660m 2GB 6GB RAM MyDigitalSSD mSATA 240GB 
Hard DriveOS
750GB HDD Windows 8  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › do i keep updating the parts or do i just save and get whats on my list already