Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Need help OC'ing an i5 3570K with an Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3 Mobo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need help OC'ing an i5 3570K with an Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3 Mobo

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
I have searched and searched and searched and found a bunch of different stuff but nothing really seems to be working for me. There are some people that have posted screens of their bios with all the settings and when i match those settings I still can't get Prime Stable. The best I have gotten is 4.4 but my offset is +.035 which seems to be a lot compared to what others have posted. Someone with a 4.4 oc was at 1.18v and I am at 1.24-1.25 for the same frequency. Not to mention that my idle temps are around 49c and low 80's at it's highest when under load in Prime95, and that's with my the side of my tower off for more air flow.. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I'm using Hyper 212 Plus Cooler which I understand is pretty good although I did run out of Arctic silver and had to use the Cooler Master thermal compound which I'm thinking might have something to do with my temps being high.






Idle:
Edited by illwun11 - 2/7/13 at 5:03pm
post #2 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwun11 View Post

I have searched and searched and searched and found a bunch of different stuff but nothing really seems to be working for me. There are some people that have posted screens of their bios with all the settings and when i match those settings I still can't get Prime Stable. The best I have gotten is 4.4 but my offset is +.035 which seems to be a lot compared to what others have posted. Someone with a 4.4 oc was at 1.18v and I am at 1.24-1.25 for the same frequency. Not to mention that my idle temps are around 49c and low 80's at it's highest when under load in Prime95, and that's with my the side of my tower off for more air flow.. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I'm using Hyper 212 Plus Cooler which I understand is pretty good although I did run out of Arctic silver and had to use the Cooler Master thermal compound which I'm thinking might have something to do with my temps being high.
I run 4.4Ghz @ 1.120-128V using offset -0.060V and LLC of Level 5 (highest Vdroop).
1.24V isn't bad for 4.4Ghz,my chip requires 1.216-228V for 4.5Ghz,i hit my low voltage wall at 4.4Ghz.Your temps are really high too.Check my First Build Ever in the signature - i currently have a terrible case with one exhaust fan and hyper 212 plus not seated properly(it's a bit on the left ,kinda not covering the whole CPU so one of my cores is hotter than the rest) and at 4.5Ghz @ 1.24V(before i was able to drop it down to 1.216V) i was getting high 60's low 70's temps.I use the CoolerMaster thermal compound too!
First Build
(16 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 3.41GHz Gigabyte GA-P31-ES3G Galaxy 9800GT  A-Data 2x2GB DDR2 840Mhz OC 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 140GB 7200RPM Standard one Stock Intel Heatsink Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
15.4 Dell HP CoolerMaster 460W Elite Foxconn ZL-142A 
Mouse
Microsoft Laptop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3930k GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD4 EVGA GTX 780 ACX  EVGA GTX 780 ACX  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600MHz WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Sata III Crucial M4 128GB Sata III SSD Corsair H100i 
PowerCase
SeaSonic X Series X-850 NZXT SWITCH 810 White 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(16 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 3.41GHz Gigabyte GA-P31-ES3G Galaxy 9800GT  A-Data 2x2GB DDR2 840Mhz OC 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 140GB 7200RPM Standard one Stock Intel Heatsink Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
15.4 Dell HP CoolerMaster 460W Elite Foxconn ZL-142A 
Mouse
Microsoft Laptop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3930k GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD4 EVGA GTX 780 ACX  EVGA GTX 780 ACX  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600MHz WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Sata III Crucial M4 128GB Sata III SSD Corsair H100i 
PowerCase
SeaSonic X Series X-850 NZXT SWITCH 810 White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels1997 View Post

I run 4.4Ghz @ 1.120-128V using offset -0.060V and LLC of Level 5 (highest Vdroop).
1.24V isn't bad for 4.4Ghz,my chip requires 1.216-228V for 4.5Ghz,i hit my low voltage wall at 4.4Ghz.Your temps are really high too.Check my First Build Ever in the signature - i currently have a terrible case with one exhaust fan and hyper 212 plus not seated properly(it's a bit on the left ,kinda not covering the whole CPU so one of my cores is hotter than the rest) and at 4.5Ghz @ 1.24V(before i was able to drop it down to 1.216V) i was getting high 60's low 70's temps.I use the CoolerMaster thermal compound too!

Yeah it doesn't make sense why my temps are so high. I know all processors are like snowflakes but that is super high compared to all the others I've seen...Maybe I'll post Screens of my Bios and see if there is something I'm missing or something you guys will catch.
post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Anyone out there?
post #5 of 13
Well post that picture .I have AsRock motherboard but i'll do my best to help you.
My ambient - 18C
Idle temps - 25C
Your cooler isn't seated propertly i think btw.
Edit: I just saw the pcitures.Wait to check them
First Build
(16 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 3.41GHz Gigabyte GA-P31-ES3G Galaxy 9800GT  A-Data 2x2GB DDR2 840Mhz OC 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 140GB 7200RPM Standard one Stock Intel Heatsink Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
15.4 Dell HP CoolerMaster 460W Elite Foxconn ZL-142A 
Mouse
Microsoft Laptop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3930k GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD4 EVGA GTX 780 ACX  EVGA GTX 780 ACX  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600MHz WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Sata III Crucial M4 128GB Sata III SSD Corsair H100i 
PowerCase
SeaSonic X Series X-850 NZXT SWITCH 810 White 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(16 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 3.41GHz Gigabyte GA-P31-ES3G Galaxy 9800GT  A-Data 2x2GB DDR2 840Mhz OC 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 140GB 7200RPM Standard one Stock Intel Heatsink Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
15.4 Dell HP CoolerMaster 460W Elite Foxconn ZL-142A 
Mouse
Microsoft Laptop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3930k GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD4 EVGA GTX 780 ACX  EVGA GTX 780 ACX  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600MHz WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Sata III Crucial M4 128GB Sata III SSD Corsair H100i 
PowerCase
SeaSonic X Series X-850 NZXT SWITCH 810 White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 13
Ok,disable C3 and C6 states,put your Offset a bit lower and Make Load Line Calibration(LLC) to High,Ultra High is too much,no Vdroop at all.
Mine:

Please,reseat the cooler.
Edited by hotwheels1997 - 2/8/13 at 4:59am
First Build
(16 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 3.41GHz Gigabyte GA-P31-ES3G Galaxy 9800GT  A-Data 2x2GB DDR2 840Mhz OC 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 140GB 7200RPM Standard one Stock Intel Heatsink Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
15.4 Dell HP CoolerMaster 460W Elite Foxconn ZL-142A 
Mouse
Microsoft Laptop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3930k GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD4 EVGA GTX 780 ACX  EVGA GTX 780 ACX  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600MHz WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Sata III Crucial M4 128GB Sata III SSD Corsair H100i 
PowerCase
SeaSonic X Series X-850 NZXT SWITCH 810 White 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(16 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 3.41GHz Gigabyte GA-P31-ES3G Galaxy 9800GT  A-Data 2x2GB DDR2 840Mhz OC 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 140GB 7200RPM Standard one Stock Intel Heatsink Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
15.4 Dell HP CoolerMaster 460W Elite Foxconn ZL-142A 
Mouse
Microsoft Laptop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3930k GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD4 EVGA GTX 780 ACX  EVGA GTX 780 ACX  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600MHz WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Sata III Crucial M4 128GB Sata III SSD Corsair H100i 
PowerCase
SeaSonic X Series X-850 NZXT SWITCH 810 White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Ok I'll give that a shot. I also ordered some PK-3 compound as well which should be here today sometime so I'll clean it all up, add some new compound, and reseat the cooler.
post #8 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels1997 View Post

Ok,disable C3 and C6 states,put your Offset a bit lower and Make Load Line Calibration(LLC) to High,Ultra High is too much,no Vdroop at all.
Mine:

Please,reseat the cooler.

Ok so I did what you said and so far no crashes but even with new thermal compound and reseating the cooler still getting around 75c with full load from Prime95...Maybe I'm just cursed and this chip runs hotter than others frown.gif Although idle is a bit lower at high 30's to low 40's
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwun11 View Post

Ok so I did what you said and so far no crashes but even with new thermal compound and reseating the cooler still getting around 75c with full load from Prime95...Maybe I'm just cursed and this chip runs hotter than others frown.gif Although idle is a bit lower at high 30's to low 40's
And your Vcore?(for 4.4Ghz)
First Build
(16 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 3.41GHz Gigabyte GA-P31-ES3G Galaxy 9800GT  A-Data 2x2GB DDR2 840Mhz OC 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 140GB 7200RPM Standard one Stock Intel Heatsink Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
15.4 Dell HP CoolerMaster 460W Elite Foxconn ZL-142A 
Mouse
Microsoft Laptop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3930k GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD4 EVGA GTX 780 ACX  EVGA GTX 780 ACX  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600MHz WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Sata III Crucial M4 128GB Sata III SSD Corsair H100i 
PowerCase
SeaSonic X Series X-850 NZXT SWITCH 810 White 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(16 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 3.41GHz Gigabyte GA-P31-ES3G Galaxy 9800GT  A-Data 2x2GB DDR2 840Mhz OC 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 140GB 7200RPM Standard one Stock Intel Heatsink Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
15.4 Dell HP CoolerMaster 460W Elite Foxconn ZL-142A 
Mouse
Microsoft Laptop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3930k GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD4 EVGA GTX 780 ACX  EVGA GTX 780 ACX  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600MHz WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Sata III Crucial M4 128GB Sata III SSD Corsair H100i 
PowerCase
SeaSonic X Series X-850 NZXT SWITCH 810 White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels1997 View Post

And your Vcore?(for 4.4Ghz)

Between 1.208 and 1.224
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Need help OC'ing an i5 3570K with an Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3 Mobo