Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › i5 3570k that advantages compared to 3570 and what do for overclocking and wich hardware
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

i5 3570k that advantages compared to 3570 and what do for overclocking and wich hardware - Page 2

post #11 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgdude View Post

False. I have the i5 3470 (it was almost $50 cheaper than the 3570k due to a coupon) and with my z77, I can increase the multiplier, just not by as much as the 3570k. My 3470 is at the max oc allowed by the board, without changing the base clock. That is 3.8ghz (4ghz with turbo). It's a special feature on the z77 boards, they can oc non K chips. However, unless you are getting a great deal, I would go for the K. For me, it was worth saving $50. If it was like $10-$20, I would have paid the difference.

Except whatever overclocks you do on a non-K locked multiplier chip will only work when a single core is loaded, as soon as more than one core is loaded the overclock goes back to max multi of 38 unless you do a little BCLK overclocking.
post #12 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

Except whatever overclocks you do on a non-K locked multiplier chip will only work when a single core is loaded, as soon as more than one core is loaded the overclock goes back to max multi of 38 unless you do a little BCLK overclocking.

But it's still higher than stock. It will overclock up to 4 multipliers over whatever the normal turbo speed would be for that number of loaded cores.

attachment.php?attachmentid=189639&stc=1&d=1294830732

It's slightly different for Ivy because the turbo multipliers are different, but the effect is the same and I can't find the slide for Ivy.
Edited by Forceman - 2/8/13 at 3:20pm
post #13 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post


But it's still higher than stock. It will overclock up to 4 multipliers over whatever the normal turbo speed would be for that number of loaded cores.

attachment.php?attachmentid=189639&stc=1&d=1294830732

It's slightly different for Ivy because the turbo multipliers are different, but the effect is the same and I can't find the slide for Ivy.

 

That's interesting, what do they mean by CPU BIN?

post #14 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinterize View Post

That's interesting, what do they mean by CPU BIN?

Just their word for multiplier.
post #15 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

You get your 2500k to 5.1GHz and it sucks? Sound logic. Most people on this forum enjoy theirs. Don't see how you can make a statement like that without elaborating why it "sucks."

You should come look at the MOSFET heatsinks glowing red hot (well not literally but you can't go anywhere near them) when running anything CPU intensive.

Just can't wait for the MOSFETs to blow up so I can warranty the motherboard and hopefully get a replacement with some extra money added, the Extreme 6 sounds sooooo much better than the Extreme 4 just because it actually has quality MOSFETs unlike this.
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post

You should come look at the MOSFET heatsinks glowing red hot (well not literally but you can't go anywhere near them) when running anything CPU intensive.

Just can't wait for the MOSFETs to blow up so I can warranty the motherboard and hopefully get a replacement with some extra money added, the Extreme 6 sounds sooooo much better than the Extreme 4 just because it actually has quality MOSFETs unlike this.

Yes the mofets aren't bad, but it hasn't limited your overclock has it? The Extreme6 is much better built but its a more expensive board. The Extreme4 is a great budget board.
post #17 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

Yes the mofets aren't bad, but it hasn't limited your overclock has it? The Extreme6 is much better built but its a more expensive board. The Extreme4 is a great budget board.

But there are a lot better boards out there in the E4 price range. The E6 on the other hand is a great board just because it doesn't have skimpy MOSFETs.

The MOSFETs sort of do limit my overclocking, they cause insane instability after few hours of Prime if I wanted to apply for that Sandy Stable Club frown.gif
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
sgdude
.. I have the i5 3470 ... and with my z77, I can increase the multiplier, just not by as much as the 3570k. My 3470 is at the max oc allowed by the board, without changing the base clock. That is 3.8ghz (4ghz with turbo). It's a special feature on the z77 boards, they can oc non K chips. However, unless you are getting a great deal, I would go for the K.

which z77 board is?
the feature have a specific name? the limit is your 3470 because no K or your board? in the board there is write the max ghz limit?
which pc configuration use or suggest for work better with a video card 7950?

power consumation under oclock is always 70-80 watt ?

turbo is only for limited time use (example one hour) and only for professional clockers?

life time cpu in overclock is more short?



splinterize
your tabs:
3570k max frequency is 5.7ghz, while 3570 max is 4.1 ?
post #19 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post

You should come look at the MOSFET heatsinks glowing red hot (well not literally but you can't go anywhere near them) when running anything CPU intensive.

Just can't wait for the MOSFETs to blow up so I can warranty the motherboard and hopefully get a replacement with some extra money added, the Extreme 6 sounds sooooo much better than the Extreme 4 just because it actually has quality MOSFETs unlike this.

I doubt they will blow. They will be very inefficient but they won't blow on the extreme4. They can take a lot more heat than your hand.
post #20 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicfx View Post

I doubt they will blow. They will be very inefficient but they won't blow on the extreme4. They can take a lot more heat than your hand.

Well I would say I'm pretty confident I can touch anything that is 70-80C for a lot longer than 0.2 seconds like the MOSFETs are lol.

I do have 2x 40mm fans to put on them but I got no clue what to use to actually hold them down on the heatsinks, double sided tape didn't last too long but the fans helped tons with the temperatures, I could actually keep my finger on the heatsinks while running Prime!
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6600K @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon ASUS Radeon R9 390 (1200/1650) 2x4GB 2666MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Phobya Custom Water Windows 10 QNIX QX2710 @ 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK-50, Blue Switches Rosewill TACHYON 650W Xigmatek Elysium G400 
Mouse PadAudio
MSI Gaming Xonar U7 + AKG Q701 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › i5 3570k that advantages compared to 3570 and what do for overclocking and wich hardware