Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [X-Bit] Evidence Mounts About Single-Chip GeForce GTX Titan: First Picture and Another Benchmark Result.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[X-Bit] Evidence Mounts About Single-Chip GeForce GTX Titan: First Picture and Another Benchmark Result. - Page 3

post #21 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfc89 View Post

I'm starting to wonder what exact crowd this card is trying to attract. At first I thought it was me but unless I go Sli it wouldn't make any sense since a 690 will be more powerful and on a single 2560x1440 I'm not in much need of the added vram. This card will be way overkill for a single 1080p 60hz so maybe single 1080p 120hz users? I had 1080p 120hz recently and my 690 had no problem pushing frames above 100fps in all games in that resolution to a Titan being within 85% should have no issue aswell. Most enthusiast with high-end rigs have some sort of Sli/crossfire and it doesn't seem that this card will outperform 680 sli or 7970 crossfire since its doesn't exceed a gtx690. My only assumption would be that this card is made for people doing 1080p 60hz eyefinity. Otherwise to push anything else 2560 eyefinity or 120hz eyefinity you would need two Titans to pull this off properly. Two would bring a 1800 price tag and probably worth it for eyefinity users but single monitor users it may be foolish to go sli. I'm sure the 780 sli or a single 790 would be a much cheaper and better option for single 2560 users like myself.

There are several games that I get VRAM stutter from @ 2560x1440 with 2 680s as well as 4 680s. BF3 even is at its upper limits @ 2560 4x MSAA, and if it had 8x MSAA like BC2, it would be unplayable. Games like Max Payne 3 are VRAM hogs @ 2560x1440 and it's only going to get worse.

See, many of you are comparing your current situation with the current titles available and their respective performance, however the entire reason for a prospective upgrade is for FUTURE titles. As such, future titles will not be going backwards as far as texture memory usage and geometric complexity. Dev's are going to push ever more and more polygons at us in the coming years, especially as there are already games in development for the new console generation, which means that those titles are also in development for PC as well. By the end of 2013 we will be seeing some decent leaps in graphical requirements, and "Titan" is Nvidia's way of making sure we don't lag behind in hardware and that PC games will keep their graphical fidelity lead regardless of the new console releases...

I personally can't wait to get my hands on at least 3 Titans, if not 4 just to finally push this X79 rig the way it was meant to be pushed. Even with 4 680s or 4 7970s (I've tested both), I've yet to see even BF3 stress my 3930K @ 4.8ghz whatsoever. I would love to see some new GPU horsepower released that can really stretch the legs of our modern CPUs, because as of late they've been on vacation.
Omega
(17 items)
 
The Beast
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930k C2 @ 4.9 Ghz ASUS Rampage IV Formula Quad SLI GTX TITAN 32GB DDR3 2133 Ripjaws Z CAS9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB x2 Crucial M4 SSD RAID0 Samsung 840 500GB SSD Internal 1TB x 2 External USB 3.0 1.5TB + 2TB + 1TB + 3TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Burner Triple thick EK 360 Rad with D5 Vario & Raystor... Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Catleap 27" 2560x1440 LED LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W Rosewill Thor v2 Logitech G500 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 Surround + Arctic 5.1 Surround Hea... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @4.7ghz Asus P8P67 WS Revolution XFX 7970 Black Edition x3 Tri-Fire 8GB DDR3 Gskill 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB External+128GB M4 SSD+64GB SSD+250GB WD External DVD Multi H212+ HSF Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer GD235HZ 120hz 3d 24" Logitech K120 Corsair TX850 + Thermaltake 850W Antec 900 
MouseAudio
Logitech G500 Logitech 5.1 Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
Omega
(17 items)
 
The Beast
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930k C2 @ 4.9 Ghz ASUS Rampage IV Formula Quad SLI GTX TITAN 32GB DDR3 2133 Ripjaws Z CAS9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB x2 Crucial M4 SSD RAID0 Samsung 840 500GB SSD Internal 1TB x 2 External USB 3.0 1.5TB + 2TB + 1TB + 3TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Burner Triple thick EK 360 Rad with D5 Vario & Raystor... Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Catleap 27" 2560x1440 LED LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W Rosewill Thor v2 Logitech G500 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 Surround + Arctic 5.1 Surround Hea... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @4.7ghz Asus P8P67 WS Revolution XFX 7970 Black Edition x3 Tri-Fire 8GB DDR3 Gskill 9-9-9-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB External+128GB M4 SSD+64GB SSD+250GB WD External DVD Multi H212+ HSF Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer GD235HZ 120hz 3d 24" Logitech K120 Corsair TX850 + Thermaltake 850W Antec 900 
MouseAudio
Logitech G500 Logitech 5.1 Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalbard View Post

Old, repost, fake, boring, close, next.

+2, the posting of proven false material needs to stop, the processor speed difference argument holds no water because the Physics score is identical.
Edited by sherlock - 2/8/13 at 3:23pm
Skylake 1080 FTW
(18 items)
 
XPS 15
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K  ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger EVGA 1080 FTW TridentZ DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM951 128GB Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Muskin Reactor 1TB Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro  Acer XB321HK 32" 4K G-sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Rapid Fire EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 NZXT H440 Black Logitech G900  
Mouse PadOther
Razer Vespula CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD - PFC Sinewave UPS Syst... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700HQ 2.8Ghz(3.8Ghz Turbo) Dell XPS 15-9560 Nvidia GTX 1050 8GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB PCIE SSD Windows 10 Pro 15.6" 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake 1080 FTW
(18 items)
 
XPS 15
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K  ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger EVGA 1080 FTW TridentZ DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM951 128GB Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Muskin Reactor 1TB Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro  Acer XB321HK 32" 4K G-sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Rapid Fire EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 NZXT H440 Black Logitech G900  
Mouse PadOther
Razer Vespula CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD - PFC Sinewave UPS Syst... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700HQ 2.8Ghz(3.8Ghz Turbo) Dell XPS 15-9560 Nvidia GTX 1050 8GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB PCIE SSD Windows 10 Pro 15.6" 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 34
Why the freaking ******** do these ******* have to keep Titan so ************ secret?

I mean, atleast give us a tease. Not from a shabby site like wccf, but Nvidia, what about a counter like you did with GTX 690? What about a really obscure picture of some parts of the GPU?
But no, not a single word, nothing.

****
post #24 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post

+2, the posting of proven false material needs to stop, the processor speed difference argument holds no water because the Physics score is identical.

Like I stated previously, I have followed Titan closely and the information I posted I had never seen before, the article I posted is from today. Also, posting "questionable" things is what the Rumors section is for...

Frankly...until Nvidia says something or the NDA is lifted, nothing is "proven" at this point, false or otherwise.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 34
DOES IT EVEN EXIST?? baaasmiley.gif
post #26 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

Like I stated previously, I have followed Titan closely and the information I posted I had never seen before, the article I posted is from today. Also, posting "questionable" things is what the Rumors section is for...

Frankly...until Nvidia says something or the NDA is lifted, nothing is "proven" at this point, false or otherwise.

If you follow Titan closely as you claim to be you would have seen that X7377 score at least 3 times before today.



The exact GPU-Z as posted in your OP in this topic, got anything to say?
Edited by sherlock - 2/8/13 at 3:46pm
Skylake 1080 FTW
(18 items)
 
XPS 15
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K  ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger EVGA 1080 FTW TridentZ DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM951 128GB Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Muskin Reactor 1TB Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro  Acer XB321HK 32" 4K G-sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Rapid Fire EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 NZXT H440 Black Logitech G900  
Mouse PadOther
Razer Vespula CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD - PFC Sinewave UPS Syst... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700HQ 2.8Ghz(3.8Ghz Turbo) Dell XPS 15-9560 Nvidia GTX 1050 8GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB PCIE SSD Windows 10 Pro 15.6" 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake 1080 FTW
(18 items)
 
XPS 15
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K  ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger EVGA 1080 FTW TridentZ DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM951 128GB Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Muskin Reactor 1TB Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro  Acer XB321HK 32" 4K G-sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Rapid Fire EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 NZXT H440 Black Logitech G900  
Mouse PadOther
Razer Vespula CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD - PFC Sinewave UPS Syst... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700HQ 2.8Ghz(3.8Ghz Turbo) Dell XPS 15-9560 Nvidia GTX 1050 8GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB PCIE SSD Windows 10 Pro 15.6" 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 34
What a let down.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudfire777 View Post

DOES IT EVEN EXIST?? baaasmiley.gif

I would say yes, as a few review sites have said they have samples in hand, and it has been listed on a couple of retailers websites briefly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post

If you follow Titan closely as you claim to be you would have seen that X7377 score at least 3 times before today.

Right, so I am a liar? Is that what you are going with?

It is funny you say that, because so far I have found the imagine I posted on ONE English site, and it was put up late last night. Which is the source of the OP....from X-Bit. So far every picture we have seen of a 3DMark score has been the heavily redacted one, that I posted second on the first page, or a variation of it.

Hell, even X-bit says......
Quote:
even higher compared last week’s leak.

But I guess I and all the folks at X-Bit are idiots, because apparently the photo has been around for so long......

Why don't, instead of calling someone a liar, provide some foundation to what you are saying. "Hey, this was posted x days ago over here *link*". As so far you and another person have commented on it being "old, fake, repost", yet haven't actually backed up those statements.


EDIT: No worries, I sourced it for you, it appears another thread with this information was created all but less than 18 hours ago and quickly pushed down the Rumors section. 18 hours, hardly long enough to act like this is old news and have attitude about it.
Edited by PostalTwinkie - 2/8/13 at 3:48pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

I would say yes, as a few review sites have said they have samples in hand, and it has been listed on a couple of retailers websites briefly.
Right, so I am a liar? Is that what you are going with?

It is funny you say that, because so far I have found the imagine I posted on ONE English site, and it was put up late last night. Which is the source of the OP....from X-Bit. So far every picture we have seen of a 3DMark score has been the heavily redacted one, that I posted second on the first page, or a variation of it.

Hell, even X-bit says......
But I guess I and all the folks at X-Bit are idiots, because apparently the photo has been around for so long......

Why don't, instead of calling someone a liar, provide some foundation to what you are saying. "Hey, this was posted x days ago over here *link*". As so far you and another person have commented on it being "old, fake, repost", yet haven't actually backed up those statements.

I backed it up, with your own comment:



The exact GPU-Z as posted in your OP in this topic, got anything to say? Fact is this GPU-Z and that X7377 are both old posts, you can't deny that so don't even try.
Edited by sherlock - 2/8/13 at 3:51pm
Skylake 1080 FTW
(18 items)
 
XPS 15
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K  ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger EVGA 1080 FTW TridentZ DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM951 128GB Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Muskin Reactor 1TB Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro  Acer XB321HK 32" 4K G-sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Rapid Fire EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 NZXT H440 Black Logitech G900  
Mouse PadOther
Razer Vespula CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD - PFC Sinewave UPS Syst... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700HQ 2.8Ghz(3.8Ghz Turbo) Dell XPS 15-9560 Nvidia GTX 1050 8GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB PCIE SSD Windows 10 Pro 15.6" 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake 1080 FTW
(18 items)
 
XPS 15
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K  ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger EVGA 1080 FTW TridentZ DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM951 128GB Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Muskin Reactor 1TB Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro  Acer XB321HK 32" 4K G-sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Rapid Fire EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 NZXT H440 Black Logitech G900  
Mouse PadOther
Razer Vespula CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD - PFC Sinewave UPS Syst... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700HQ 2.8Ghz(3.8Ghz Turbo) Dell XPS 15-9560 Nvidia GTX 1050 8GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB PCIE SSD Windows 10 Pro 15.6" 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post

I backed it up, with your own comment:



The exact GPU-Z as posted in your OP in this topic, got anything to say? Fact is this GPU-Z and that X7377 are both old posts, you can't deny that so don't even try.

Let's see...

If someone ran a GPU-Z on the real card, and this was the returned data (in the picture), then it would be expected that if someone ran GPU-Z with another one, it would return the same information. So to see two GPU-Z images with the same information.....yea, not un-expected.

"Oh noes! You used GPU-Z on a video card, and then someone did it on the same card, and you got the same results, must be fake!".

If anything having a GPU-Z screen cap that shows the same details as a previous one would add to the validity of the claim.

EDIT: In fact it was the GPU-Z that kind of got me excited. A separate source, at a separate time, showing the same GPU-Z results.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [X-Bit] Evidence Mounts About Single-Chip GeForce GTX Titan: First Picture and Another Benchmark Result.