Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Choosing a new mouse, between Razer DA models and Steelseries Sensei for gaming
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Choosing a new mouse, between Razer DA models and Steelseries Sensei for gaming - Page 4

Poll Results: Razer

 
  • 2% (2)
    Razer DeathAdder 3.5G
  • 4% (3)
    Razer DeathAdder 3G
  • 10% (7)
    Razer DeathAdder Black Edition
  • 53% (36)
    Razer DeathAdder 2013
  • 28% (19)
    Steelseries Sensei
67 Total Votes  
post #31 of 59
It's not on purpose. Ignore product marketing smile.gif
post #32 of 59
Unless you really can't grip the Deathadder as the strong palm grip does hurt some peoples hands why not go for it, DA is a great mouse
post #33 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr92 View Post

The acceleration in the Sensei is barely noticable, infact SteelSeries have even said them selves that the minor hardware acceleration is on purpose. This isn't really a bad thing seeing as windows acceleration is what you need to worry about, not hardware acceleration, hardware acceleration is controllable and preferred by some gamers.

The Deathadders sensor is the best but for alot of people the shape is uncomfortable compared to other mice and is prone to making peoples hand sweat.

I think both mice are great, I personally prefer the feel of the sensei in-game and the shape of the mouse however I prefer the fact that the deathadder uses a flawless sensor so in the end it comes down to whats more important to you.
I used to own a Deathadder, it used to fit my hand, but I don't know which version is better now, do you know?
I'd like to buy a Sensei, but...I know it's kinda stupid, but...I wanted my set to match, so I was looking for the Deathadder 2013, or any other mice that is black and has green light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

I only played with older ADNS 9500 mice like the G500 and NAOS 5000, but the accel there was noticable quite clearly, at least for me. The worst thing was the inconsistency, sometimes it was positive accel, other times negative. If they fixed that and reduced the accel on the newer batch then everyone with mid-high sens should be fine using them.
Oh, so I should watch out for older ADNS 9500 mices? Which one would you recommend for me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post

It's not on purpose. Ignore product marketing smile.gif
What? haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by strayakent View Post

Unless you really can't grip the Deathadder as the strong palm grip does hurt some peoples hands why not go for it, DA is a great mouse
But there are so many DAs, which one is the best?
post #34 of 59
It is weird that you can fingertip grip a shape like the DA.
Also, from the photos you uploaded it looks like a palmgrip to me.

The best DA is the 3G one, then it might be the Black Edition. The 2013 one is not a good choice in my opinion, because of the issues and the software, simply not worth the price since they didn't really improve it that much.

I think the CMstorm Recon is a solid choice for you, a mid-small shape for fingertip-palm hybrids, nice optical sensor, symmetric (good for fingertip), plenty of well placed buttons, good price.
Ztylo
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q8200 MSI P35 Neo2 FR Sapphire HD 7870XT 4 GB (2x1GB Mushkin + 1x2GB OCZ) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Hitachi HDS7200 Hitachi HDS7200 OCZ Vertex Samsung Writemaster DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake TMGi1 Windows 8 x64 Viewsonic VX2250 CMStorm Quickfire Rapid CherryMX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Earthwatts Platinum 650W Sunbeamtech VentMax CMStorm Spawn // SSeries WoW Gold Puretrack Stealth // SSeries QCK 
Audio
Xonar D1 
  hide details  
Reply
Ztylo
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q8200 MSI P35 Neo2 FR Sapphire HD 7870XT 4 GB (2x1GB Mushkin + 1x2GB OCZ) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Hitachi HDS7200 Hitachi HDS7200 OCZ Vertex Samsung Writemaster DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake TMGi1 Windows 8 x64 Viewsonic VX2250 CMStorm Quickfire Rapid CherryMX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Earthwatts Platinum 650W Sunbeamtech VentMax CMStorm Spawn // SSeries WoW Gold Puretrack Stealth // SSeries QCK 
Audio
Xonar D1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZareliMan View Post

It is weird that you can fingertip grip a shape like the DA.
Also, from the photos you uploaded it looks like a palmgrip to me.

The best DA is the 3G one, then it might be the Black Edition. The 2013 one is not a good choice in my opinion, because of the issues and the software, simply not worth the price since they didn't really improve it that much.

I think the CMstorm Recon is a solid choice for you, a mid-small shape for fingertip-palm hybrids, nice optical sensor, symmetric (good for fingertip), plenty of well placed buttons, good price.

Oh, from what I had seen, I thought it was a fingertip grip, so...my mistake, sorry

So, which ones would you recommend for a palmgrip?

Really? I thought that people were finding the 4G dual sensor better than the 3g.

Is there any difference between Black Edition and the normal version of the Deathadder?

And also, if it's not too much trouble, which mouse pads are the best for each of those mices?

Deathadder BE, 2013, normal, Sensei and CMstorm Recon?
post #36 of 59
I think your poll justifies your answer and the DA 2013 would be the best choice for you.
post #37 of 59
I don't know the real improvement on the 4G sensor, it seems to have lower LOD... and the >3500cpi which is practically useless for most users.

All the mice you mention track nicely on most pads, so there's no "best".

I prefer cloth because it's more comfortable and will make your skates last longer than on a hard surface. Steelseries QCK and Puretrack Talent are some popular choices.

BTW I wouldn't get a sensei, it fails on the most essential thing a mouse should be able to do, provide 1:1 perfect tracking. Microsoft achieved that more than a decade ago, shouldn't be so hard now (instead of adding tons of useless features which result in a stupidly high price).
Acceleration a feature ? Don't make me laugh, they just can't remove it yet still insist on using the AVAGO 9500 on their "best" mouse... what a joke.
Ztylo
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q8200 MSI P35 Neo2 FR Sapphire HD 7870XT 4 GB (2x1GB Mushkin + 1x2GB OCZ) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Hitachi HDS7200 Hitachi HDS7200 OCZ Vertex Samsung Writemaster DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake TMGi1 Windows 8 x64 Viewsonic VX2250 CMStorm Quickfire Rapid CherryMX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Earthwatts Platinum 650W Sunbeamtech VentMax CMStorm Spawn // SSeries WoW Gold Puretrack Stealth // SSeries QCK 
Audio
Xonar D1 
  hide details  
Reply
Ztylo
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q8200 MSI P35 Neo2 FR Sapphire HD 7870XT 4 GB (2x1GB Mushkin + 1x2GB OCZ) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Hitachi HDS7200 Hitachi HDS7200 OCZ Vertex Samsung Writemaster DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake TMGi1 Windows 8 x64 Viewsonic VX2250 CMStorm Quickfire Rapid CherryMX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Earthwatts Platinum 650W Sunbeamtech VentMax CMStorm Spawn // SSeries WoW Gold Puretrack Stealth // SSeries QCK 
Audio
Xonar D1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 59
Although the 4G has synapse it seems like it is better in terms of performance. I don't own it myself so I can't confirm that it's better, but I found some minor flaws with the sensor in terms of jitter. The 4 doesn't seem to have it as far as I have seen. Also the 3G only works best at 1800 CPI whereas the new one works great on all CPI levels.
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by strayakent View Post

I think your poll justifies your answer and the DA 2013 would be the best choice for you.
I agree, but I can't find it anywhere in Vancouver, so I'm starting to see which one's the second best choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZareliMan View Post

I don't know the real improvement on the 4G sensor, it seems to have lower LOD... and the >3500cpi which is practically useless for most users.

All the mice you mention track nicely on most pads, so there's no "best".

I prefer cloth because it's more comfortable and will make your skates last longer than on a hard surface. Steelseries QCK and Puretrack Talent are some popular choices.

BTW I wouldn't get a sensei, it fails on the most essential thing a mouse should be able to do, provide 1:1 perfect tracking. Microsoft achieved that more than a decade ago, shouldn't be so hard now (instead of adding tons of useless features which result in a stupidly high price).
Acceleration a feature ? Don't make me laugh, they just can't remove it yet still insist on using the AVAGO 9500 on their "best" mouse... what a joke.
First, thanks for all the help!
Is Goliathus good either? If it is, control or speed?
Oh, I'll stay away from Sensei, thanks! biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

Although the 4G has synapse it seems like it is better in terms of performance. I don't own it myself so I can't confirm that it's better, but I found some minor flaws with the sensor in terms of jitter. The 4 doesn't seem to have it as far as I have seen. Also the 3G only works best at 1800 CPI whereas the new one works great on all CPI levels.
Can you explain what's CPI, please?
post #40 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikAoki View Post

Can you explain what's CPI, please?

It's the correct term for DPI when talking about mice, since Dots per Inch (DPI) is not what the mouse really sees, it sends out a certain number of Counts per Inch (CPI).
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Choosing a new mouse, between Razer DA models and Steelseries Sensei for gaming