Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] Acqua V2. (5760X1080, Quad-SLI 680 4GB, CaseLabs M10): COMPLETE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] Acqua V2. (5760X1080, Quad-SLI 680 4GB, CaseLabs M10): COMPLETE - Page 25

post #241 of 351
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenomorph113 View Post

top notch build! cant wait to see it completed thumb.gif

Me neither! My roommate comments on a daily basis, "Dude, just slap it together and download your games!" His ulterior motive is for me to play League of Legends with him. I said I'd give it a shot, but only after this build gets done right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loud681 View Post

Awesome build man thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNovax View Post

Looks good. Hope you had fun on your vacation.

Thanks for the kind words y'all! Vacation was an absolute blast! Food and drink and shopping and snowboarding kept my girlfriend and I more than happy on our getaway biggrin.gif
post #242 of 351
Thread Starter 
Spent most of last night flushing out and cleaning all the blocks and rads, first with tap water, then distilled with a pump and Koolance filter fitting.

All looks great so on to block installation!







Also, a random shot of almost all of the fans (minus 7) that'll be going in (read: that I'll need to clean and sleeve rolleyes.gif).

post #243 of 351
Your obviously refreshed after the vacation Khepira. Great to see you're back.

Like the paint job on the case. Although I must admit It is difficult to pick up on the color with the lighting, but glad you explained it. thumb.gif

Is your case the only item in your room that have the copper color. Such as other metal frames?

Like the pics with the rads together gives us the sense on how large the system will be. Isn't it fun flushing Rads rolleyes.gif , although, if the manufacturer has produced them correctly they should be clean internally, but......Actually, how many Mils of water did you end up using?
TBA
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 Core 960 EVGA X58 4-Way Classified EVGA GTX 580 FTW HC x 3 Corsair Dominator GT 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD x 2 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Alienware 2310 x 3 Alienware TactX 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 Case Labs M10 Alienware TactX 
  hide details  
Reply
TBA
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 Core 960 EVGA X58 4-Way Classified EVGA GTX 580 FTW HC x 3 Corsair Dominator GT 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD x 2 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Alienware 2310 x 3 Alienware TactX 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 Case Labs M10 Alienware TactX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #244 of 351
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVictorD View Post

Your obviously refreshed after the vacation Khepira. Great to see you're back.

Like the paint job on the case. Although I must admit It is difficult to pick up on the color with the lighting, but glad you explained it. thumb.gif

Is your case the only item in your room that have the copper color. Such as other metal frames?

Like the pics with the rads together gives us the sense on how large the system will be. Isn't it fun flushing Rads rolleyes.gif , although, if the manufacturer has produced them correctly they should be clean internally, but......Actually, how many Mils of water did you end up using?


Thanks Victor! It was definitely nice to recharge the batteries!

For the case, I think this reply of yours finally motivated me to get a proper photo of the powder coat. It really is beautiful and to keep everyone in the dark wouldn't be fair!



As far as the other pieces of furniture in the room, it's all dark stained wood furniture, less the custom desk, though for some reason the case compliments the bare light wood of the desk really well.
I have absolutely no clue why I liked the color I chose so much but I do remember standing in line at a Potbelly sandwich shop and seeing a sign hanging from some old rusty plumbing pipe. There really wasn't much to the pipe but the aesthetic of it grabbed me. Fast forward to the present, and I have a plumbing pipe desk and a computer case in just about the same color rolleyes.gif

And the rads! I wouldn't say it's the best thing in the world to flush rads but a necessary step indeed! I do agree all rads should be internally cleaned from the factory though I'd rather check my own parachute before I jump out of the plane. For the amount of water I flushed through, I honestly have no clue though I'm sure over a hundred gallons. I initially hooked all four rads up to the sink faucet and just let it run for hours and hours, both on cold and hot water. After a good while, I emptied them all out and hooked them all up on a standalone loop with res and pump and ran, over the course of a couple fresh rinses, 2 gallons of distilled through before finally emptying them all out for good.
post #245 of 351
Thread Starter 
So over the course of re-switching my sleep schedule back to nights, I got some progress, in the form of mobo, ram, cpu, and gpu blocks.





I started plumbing out how the board will be routed, and based on how I want, I decided I need a couple more dual-G1/4" fittings to connect a few pieces. Those are ordered and should be here in a couple days.
One thing I have realized though over the course of block installation is, this board is getting heavy!
I sure am glad to have this beast of a case to bear the weight of it all thumb.gif
post #246 of 351
I love this build. Looks great. thumb.gif
post #247 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khepira View Post


For the case, I think this reply of yours finally motivated me to get a proper photo of the powder coat. It really is beautiful and to keep everyone in the dark wouldn't be fair!

As far as the other pieces of furniture in the room, it's all dark stained wood furniture, less the custom desk, though for some reason the case compliments the bare light wood of the desk really well.
I have absolutely no clue why I liked the color I chose so much but I do remember standing in line at a Potbelly sandwich shop and seeing a sign hanging from some old rusty plumbing pipe. There really wasn't much to the pipe but the aesthetic of it grabbed me. Fast forward to the present, and I have a plumbing pipe desk and a computer case in just about the same color rolleyes.gif

And the rads! I wouldn't say it's the best thing in the world to flush rads but a necessary step indeed! I do agree all rads should be internally cleaned from the factory though I'd rather check my own parachute before I jump out of the plane. For the amount of water I flushed through, I honestly have no clue though I'm sure over a hundred gallons. I initially hooked all four rads up to the sink faucet and just let it run for hours and hours, both on cold and hot water. After a good while, I emptied them all out and hooked them all up on a standalone loop with res and pump and ran, over the course of a couple fresh rinses, 2 gallons of distilled through before finally emptying them all out for good.

I like how inspirations come about from staring at the most simplest of things...i.e your color scheme. By all means quote me as well.

Now there's an idea run coolant through a plumbing pipe desk for passive cooling (thinking aloud). Maybe in another project.

I did laugh about the amount of water you used I can certainly relate to that. biggrin.gif
TBA
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 Core 960 EVGA X58 4-Way Classified EVGA GTX 580 FTW HC x 3 Corsair Dominator GT 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD x 2 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Alienware 2310 x 3 Alienware TactX 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 Case Labs M10 Alienware TactX 
  hide details  
Reply
TBA
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 Core 960 EVGA X58 4-Way Classified EVGA GTX 580 FTW HC x 3 Corsair Dominator GT 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD x 2 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Alienware 2310 x 3 Alienware TactX 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 Case Labs M10 Alienware TactX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #248 of 351
Water cooled memory for the true overkill.
Dante's Inferno
(20 items)
 
Work Horse
(11 items)
 
Little Monster
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 3930k @ 4.4 Ghz [Asus] Rampage IV Extreme [Saphire] HD 7970 Quadfire @ 1100/1600 [G.Skill] Ripjawz 16GB @1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
[OCZ] Agility 3 360GB [OCZ] Vertex 4 120GB [Seagate] Barracuda 3 TB [Seagate] Barracuda 3 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
[Asus] BD Drive [Corsair] H80 [Windows] 7 Ultimate [ASUS] VS24AH 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
[Samsung] 40 Inch LED TV [Corsair] K90 [Enermax] Maxrevo 1350 Watt [Corsair] C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
[Razer] Deathadder 2013 [SteelSeries] XL Mousemat [Astro] Mixamp Pro [Audio Technica] ATH-M30 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8120 Asus Sabertooth 990FX  Powercolor HD 7970 Powercolor HD 7970 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
Powercolor HD 7970 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 120 GB OCZ Vertex 4 AMD Stock Cooler 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional XFX 1250 Watt Antec Three Hundred 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3770K ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe HD 7970 8GB Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
120GB Kingston HyperX 3TB Seagate Barracuda  ASUS BD Drive Windows 7 
Case
Bitfenix Prodigy 
  hide details  
Reply
Dante's Inferno
(20 items)
 
Work Horse
(11 items)
 
Little Monster
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 3930k @ 4.4 Ghz [Asus] Rampage IV Extreme [Saphire] HD 7970 Quadfire @ 1100/1600 [G.Skill] Ripjawz 16GB @1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
[OCZ] Agility 3 360GB [OCZ] Vertex 4 120GB [Seagate] Barracuda 3 TB [Seagate] Barracuda 3 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
[Asus] BD Drive [Corsair] H80 [Windows] 7 Ultimate [ASUS] VS24AH 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
[Samsung] 40 Inch LED TV [Corsair] K90 [Enermax] Maxrevo 1350 Watt [Corsair] C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
[Razer] Deathadder 2013 [SteelSeries] XL Mousemat [Astro] Mixamp Pro [Audio Technica] ATH-M30 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD 8120 Asus Sabertooth 990FX  Powercolor HD 7970 Powercolor HD 7970 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
Powercolor HD 7970 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 120 GB OCZ Vertex 4 AMD Stock Cooler 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional XFX 1250 Watt Antec Three Hundred 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3770K ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe HD 7970 8GB Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
120GB Kingston HyperX 3TB Seagate Barracuda  ASUS BD Drive Windows 7 
Case
Bitfenix Prodigy 
  hide details  
Reply
post #249 of 351
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post

I love this build. Looks great. thumb.gif

Thanks Bonkers and welcome!
post #250 of 351
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVictorD View Post

I like how inspirations come about from staring at the most simplest of things...i.e your color scheme. By all means quote me as well.

Now there's an idea run coolant through a plumbing pipe desk for passive cooling (thinking aloud). Maybe in another project.

I did laugh about the amount of water you used I can certainly relate to that. biggrin.gif

Hahaha, it did cross my mind! Run the plumbing out the back of the case > G1/4" - 3/4" (somehow), run through the pipes as a passive sink, then back in.

Would certainly be a sweet desk/ rig combo thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] Acqua V2. (5760X1080, Quad-SLI 680 4GB, CaseLabs M10): COMPLETE