Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] Acqua V2. (5760X1080, Quad-SLI 680 4GB, CaseLabs M10): COMPLETE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] Acqua V2. (5760X1080, Quad-SLI 680 4GB, CaseLabs M10): COMPLETE - Page 32

post #311 of 351
Thread Starter 
So the last few days away at work, I had quite a few little packages come in! Of most important note is all the crystal link tubes and fittings. I'm going to use these where standard extenders and the like wouldn't do or look pleasing. Other items include more SATA shrink from Nils along with his 90 degree fan connectors (I'm excited to use these for what I have in store), Phobya noise destructors for the two pumps, a good handful of some more CaseLabs accessories, including another horizontal bracket to mount the pumps (which I'm going to be tackling tonight), and a metric ton on 26awg wire.





A couple of days ago I mentioned emailing DMCIFilters about some custom filters. They came through and sent me a pretty fair quote so those are on their way! To get an idea of how I'll utilize them, I've already placed the pedestal intake filter on, that I bought stock (dual 140mm rad filter). With this in place, all air going through the two bottom rads and the entire pedestal will be filtered. I'm a big fan of filtering since I seriously dread eventual dust buildup in my computers. The big reachable dust is fine and I can live with that, though it's the small particles that end up in the places you'll never be able to reach that get me. Sadly, most fan filters are bolted on with fans usually and thus require partial disassembly to reach. These filters, with their magnetic removal exterior to the case make them much more desirable. The objective is to cover all intakes and crevices, BUT, not be able to visibly see any of the filters until further inspection. With the ones I have already and the incoming custom made filters from DMCIFlex, I think we'll be able to accomplish this goal swimmingly.

post #312 of 351
It's always feels like Christmas every time a package comes trough..biggrin.gif

I use the circular DMCIFilters K for the front of the M10, well the ones on the PSU side. They are very good filters. The M10 on the MOBO side does not lend itself to placing dust filters easily because of the front panel design. I gather you have discovered this and may possibly look to get a special filter from DMC. I would be interested to know.

I'm also looking to use Chystal link through the MOBO area for a cleaner look. It will be good to see were you take it.

Cheers.
TBA
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 Core 960 EVGA X58 4-Way Classified EVGA GTX 580 FTW HC x 3 Corsair Dominator GT 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD x 2 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Alienware 2310 x 3 Alienware TactX 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 Case Labs M10 Alienware TactX 
  hide details  
Reply
TBA
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 Core 960 EVGA X58 4-Way Classified EVGA GTX 580 FTW HC x 3 Corsair Dominator GT 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD x 2 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Alienware 2310 x 3 Alienware TactX 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 Case Labs M10 Alienware TactX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #313 of 351
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVictorD View Post

It's always feels like Christmas every time a package comes trough..biggrin.gif

I use the circular DMCIFilters K for the front of the M10, well the ones on the PSU side. They are very good filters. The M10 on the MOBO side does not lend itself to placing dust filters easily because of the front panel design. I gather you have discovered this and may possibly look to get a special filter from DMC. I would be interested to know.

I'm also looking to use Chystal link through the MOBO area for a cleaner look. It will be good to see were you take it.

Cheers.

For deliveries, I know what you mean! If I posted here every time I get a little something from FrozenCPU, PPCs, Amazon, ect., this would be a log of just deliveries! I always seem to forget one item I need to try a new concept out or finish a mini project as part of a step in the build.

On the filters, you're right; The mobo side makes is a little difficult to place any type of external filter without being obtrusive. My proposed solution: cancel out all fan intake bays on the mobo side and place closed filler plates. I'm anticipating having three fans on the front panel of the PSU side + the rear mobo fan as intake. Everything else will be sealed off/ filtered for intake and all exhaust will be through the roof through the top two rads. I'm hoping, and testing will confirm, that the combined circulation will be more than enough to keep the various non-watercooled components happy.

Now to the crystal links, they definitely do look a lot cleaner when placed right. One thing I'm looking into, partially because I purchased so many links and partially because I know I'll eventually need a size that they don't make, is how to shorten them. Do you know of a way to cut the crystal link tubes cleanly?
post #314 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khepira View Post

On the filters, you're right; The mobo side makes is a little difficult to place any type of external filter without being obtrusive. My proposed solution: cancel out all fan intake bays on the mobo side and place closed filler plates. I'm anticipating having three fans on the front panel of the PSU side + the rear mobo fan as intake. Everything else will be sealed off/ filtered for intake and all exhaust will be through the roof through the top two rads. I'm hoping, and testing will confirm, that the combined circulation will be more than enough to keep the various non-watercooled components happy.

Now to the crystal links, they definitely do look a lot cleaner when placed right. One thing I'm looking into, partially because I purchased so many links and partially because I know I'll eventually need a size that they don't make, is how to shorten them. Do you know of a way to cut the crystal link tubes cleanly?

I'll be interested on the temps on the mobo side of the case. I'm not sure if there is enough positive pressure on the mobo side to stop the dust from what you mentioned... Look forward to your findings.

Hmmh! On the Chystal link; I think Daniel over on his Singularity Computers Youtube channel did a number of mods with Chystal tubing. Unfortunately I can't recall which episode but I'm sure it was fairly recent - past couple of months - I think. Personally I've not tried cutting it or heating it to bend it.
TBA
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 Core 960 EVGA X58 4-Way Classified EVGA GTX 580 FTW HC x 3 Corsair Dominator GT 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD x 2 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Alienware 2310 x 3 Alienware TactX 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 Case Labs M10 Alienware TactX 
  hide details  
Reply
TBA
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 Core 960 EVGA X58 4-Way Classified EVGA GTX 580 FTW HC x 3 Corsair Dominator GT 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD x 2 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Alienware 2310 x 3 Alienware TactX 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 Case Labs M10 Alienware TactX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #315 of 351
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVictorD View Post

I'll be interested on the temps on the mobo side of the case. I'm not sure if there is enough positive pressure on the mobo side to stop the dust from what you mentioned... Look forward to your findings.

Hmmh! On the Chystal link; I think Daniel over on his Singularity Computers Youtube channel did a number of mods with Chystal tubing. Unfortunately I can't recall which episode but I'm sure it was fairly recent - past couple of months - I think. Personally I've not tried cutting it or heating it to bend it.

For the positive pressure, I'm hoping all the cutouts and openings (since there are quite a bit) will really equalize pressure between the two 'compartments'. When I look at the amount of area open between the two sides, I would go as far as saying almost 15-20% of the area is cutout, either on the side of the mobo tray, for cable management holes, or the excess space on the ends of the radiators up top, effectively linking the two sides. The other bit is the ventilated portion above the video cards on the back of the case. One of those custom filters I ordered will be perfect size for that very space smile.gif. I'm thinking maintaining two separate atmospheric pressures between the two sides will be neigh impossible, which is good for me and what I'm trying to accomplish! On the long list of things I'm looking forward to in this build and things that are important to me, seeing if my hypothesis is right for my negative vs. positive air pressure setup is definitely on there! If not, redo!
And thanks a lot for the suggestion, I'll check his videos out! +Rep thumb.gif
post #316 of 351
wow awesome build subbed waiting for more.
Home
(13 items)
 
Server
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
r7 1700 Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Evga 1080ti SC Black Edition 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256gb Samsung p951 Noctua U9s Windows 10 Pro Sony XBR43X830C 43" 4K 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
Monoprice 28" 4k Logitech g810 Pro Corsair SF600 Logitech G900 Chaos 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries QCK 
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel L5640 Intel L5640  Supermicro - X8DT3 24Gb ECC 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
4x 128gb ssd's raid 0 - Cache Wd Red 3tb Seagate 8tb smr - parity Unriad 6.2 
PowerCaseOtherOther
ThermalTake 700 watt  Norco 4220 HP sas expander Lsi 9211-8i 
  hide details  
Reply
Home
(13 items)
 
Server
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
r7 1700 Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Evga 1080ti SC Black Edition 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256gb Samsung p951 Noctua U9s Windows 10 Pro Sony XBR43X830C 43" 4K 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
Monoprice 28" 4k Logitech g810 Pro Corsair SF600 Logitech G900 Chaos 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries QCK 
CPUCPUMotherboardRAM
Intel L5640 Intel L5640  Supermicro - X8DT3 24Gb ECC 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
4x 128gb ssd's raid 0 - Cache Wd Red 3tb Seagate 8tb smr - parity Unriad 6.2 
PowerCaseOtherOther
ThermalTake 700 watt  Norco 4220 HP sas expander Lsi 9211-8i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #317 of 351
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by burksdb View Post

wow awesome build subbed waiting for more.

Thanks man! Stay tuned thumb.gif
post #318 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khepira View Post



@ Freitz, thanks! I tried out plenty of color combos and arrangements and it was the girlfriend who finally came up with the current arrangement. Looks pretty good IMO biggrin.gif

Yeah, women tend to have a better eye for that kind of stuff.
post #319 of 351
Your build is going amazing and it looks fantastic. I love the desk and what you have chosen for parts. I gotta ask man what do you do for work. You have a crazy amount of parts there. I am super jealous. My wife was looking at it and shes like id never let you splurge like that lol
Prodigy - Black
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus p8h61 EVGA gtx 590 venegence 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair 248 SSD Corsair 248 SSD LG Exterenal DVD Writer 12X Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit Playstation 24 inch 240hz LED Razer Black Widow Corsair TX750m 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Bitfenix Prodigy Black Death Adder Razer Razer goliathus Astro A40 
  hide details  
Reply
Prodigy - Black
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus p8h61 EVGA gtx 590 venegence 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair 248 SSD Corsair 248 SSD LG Exterenal DVD Writer 12X Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit Playstation 24 inch 240hz LED Razer Black Widow Corsair TX750m 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Bitfenix Prodigy Black Death Adder Razer Razer goliathus Astro A40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #320 of 351
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureDefiantWolf View Post

Your build is going amazing and it looks fantastic. I love the desk and what you have chosen for parts. I gotta ask man what do you do for work. You have a crazy amount of parts there. I am super jealous. My wife was looking at it and shes like id never let you splurge like that lol

Thanks man! If I had a wife I could imagine her anguish if I had to show her the receipts! Fortunately my girlfriend doesn't mind one bit smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] Acqua V2. (5760X1080, Quad-SLI 680 4GB, CaseLabs M10): COMPLETE