Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [BL] BF3 servers can't run PunkBuster
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[BL] BF3 servers can't run PunkBuster - Page 4

post #31 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

They've been using PB for a long time. It's up to EB to keep their systems running considering this is an issue on EB's end, not DICE's (you can't even go to EB's website).

This thread is just proof that people are looking for any reason to hate on EA/DICE. The title is incredibly misleading, as well.

I don't really care how long they've been using PB for. Whatever Dice implemented in the game is their choice. And as the final product comes from Dice, and it doesn't deliver, yes, Dice is to blame.

Otherwise what you saying is that if I buy a new car and the tires go bad I should put blame on the tire manufacturer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by di inferi View Post

Its the cool thing to do!
What are you, 7?
Edited by mechati - 2/13/13 at 7:25am
Old Crap
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Gigbyte EP45-UD3P  ATI Radeon HD 4830 OCZ Fatality 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ  WD Caviar Black NEC DVD-RW ND-3550A ZEROtherm Nirvana NV 120 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Home Prem 64 Samsung T220 (22") Logitech G11  PC Power&Cooling 750W Silencer 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Rocketfish Aluminum Full Tower  Logitech G9 SteelPad 5L Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
Old Crap
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Gigbyte EP45-UD3P  ATI Radeon HD 4830 OCZ Fatality 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ  WD Caviar Black NEC DVD-RW ND-3550A ZEROtherm Nirvana NV 120 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Home Prem 64 Samsung T220 (22") Logitech G11  PC Power&Cooling 750W Silencer 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Rocketfish Aluminum Full Tower  Logitech G9 SteelPad 5L Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechati View Post

I don't really care how long they've been using PB for. Whatever Dice implemented in the game is their choice. And as the final product comes from Dice, and it doesn't deliver, yes, Dice is to blame.

Otherwise what you saying is that if I buy a new car and the tires go bad I should put blame on the tire manufacturer?
What are you, 7?

Yes, DICE is directly and entirely to blame for another companies servers going down.

They should fix it immediately. Just gotta fly a few DICE devs over to wherever the problem is and voila.


DICE is responsible for their game, but they aren't to blame for an event they don't/never had control over.
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 2/13/13 at 7:39am
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 116
I tell you this much, it's not much fun playing without PB on unranked servers.
 
X79 Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6950X @ 4.0Ghz Asus Rampage V Extreme [Bios:3101] 2x EVGA GeForce Titan X SC Editions in SLI 32GB (4×8) Corsair Dominator Platinums (3000Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 Nvme 2x 256GB Vertex 4 SSD (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda [Storage] Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) Windows 10 Pro x64 2x 27" Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 144hz  Corsair AX1500i Digital ATX 80 Plus Titanium 
CaseAudio
Lian Li PC-O8WX ATX Cube Case Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K (C2) @ (4.6Ghz) Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Bios 3204) 3x EVGA GTX780Ti's SC Editions 32GB (4x8GB) G-Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 256GB OCZ Vertex 4's (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 64MB Cache Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 Pro 64Bit & Win10 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift (2560x1440 @144hz) Corsair AX1200 + Corsair RED sleeved cables Coolermaster Cosmos II Ultra 
  hide details  
Reply
 
X79 Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6950X @ 4.0Ghz Asus Rampage V Extreme [Bios:3101] 2x EVGA GeForce Titan X SC Editions in SLI 32GB (4×8) Corsair Dominator Platinums (3000Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 Nvme 2x 256GB Vertex 4 SSD (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda [Storage] Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) Windows 10 Pro x64 2x 27" Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 144hz  Corsair AX1500i Digital ATX 80 Plus Titanium 
CaseAudio
Lian Li PC-O8WX ATX Cube Case Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K (C2) @ (4.6Ghz) Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Bios 3204) 3x EVGA GTX780Ti's SC Editions 32GB (4x8GB) G-Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 256GB OCZ Vertex 4's (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 64MB Cache Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 Pro 64Bit & Win10 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift (2560x1440 @144hz) Corsair AX1200 + Corsair RED sleeved cables Coolermaster Cosmos II Ultra 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by di inferi View Post

Its the cool thing to do!

Sure seems it... people irrationally blaming DICE for another company's outage here.
The Sig Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4.xghz MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) MSI GTX 970 Gaming SLI @ 1504mhz core/8020mhz m... 16GB DDR3 2x 8gb @ 1866mhz C8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
240GB Sandisk Extreme A few 2tb hdd's. DVDRW Corsair H75 CLC on the CPU 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ACER B326hk 4k 60hz 3840x2160 IPS sst display Coolermaster Cherry MX Brown switch mechanical ... Corsair TX 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl Logitech MX518 EverGlide Titan "Medium" Soundblaster Z PCIE 
  hide details  
Reply
The Sig Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4.xghz MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) MSI GTX 970 Gaming SLI @ 1504mhz core/8020mhz m... 16GB DDR3 2x 8gb @ 1866mhz C8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
240GB Sandisk Extreme A few 2tb hdd's. DVDRW Corsair H75 CLC on the CPU 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ACER B326hk 4k 60hz 3840x2160 IPS sst display Coolermaster Cherry MX Brown switch mechanical ... Corsair TX 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl Logitech MX518 EverGlide Titan "Medium" Soundblaster Z PCIE 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

They've been using PB for a long time. It's up to EB to keep their systems running considering this is an issue on EB's end, not DICE's (you can't even go to EB's website).

This thread is just proof that people are looking for any reason to hate on EA/DICE. The title is incredibly misleading, as well.

Agreed completely. It's a shame actually...

1) People complain about BF3's hit registration.

It's actually the best hit reg we've had in a BF game, BFBC2, which most here say is the best BF of all time, had a pretty abysmal hit reg, beyond terrible.

2) People complain about the patches screwing things up.

Yet they forget how awful BF2 patches were. Those patches really screwed things up with the core game.

3) People complain about the amount of hackers.

Yet I've been playing BF3 since release and I've seen maybe around ~5 hackers, same thing with BFBC2, I currently have over 1000hrs logged in that game, and I've seen maybe 10 hackers overall.

(Maybe these are the same people that spam the chat box claiming everyone is hacking)

4) And now this...

They blame DICE for using PB, what else are they supposed to use!?

PB most often than not, works extremely well.
Edited by SlackerITGuy - 2/13/13 at 8:00am
post #36 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerITGuy View Post

Agreed completely. It's a shame actually...

1) People complain about BF3's hit registration.

It's actually the best hit reg we've had in a BF game, BFBC2, which most here say is the best BF of all time, had a pretty abysmal hit reg, beyond terrible.

The hit reg in BF3 was so bad I stopped playing it in June last year. No skill required in spraying bullets everywhere and hitting people around corners - seemed to get worse with each patch so I just gave up on it. Sometimes it was so bad that you could put clips into a playermodel but their hitboxes were nowhere nearby so they took no damage, might as well make everyone invisible when it's like that. BC2 was pretty good most of the time, although the hitboxes still lagged behind people, just not to the extent of BF3. BC2 held up to higher pings well, as long as everyone had a stable connection - I remember playing on the OCN server back when the game came out and it was as good as playing on a UK server against EU players. BF3 on a UK server with UK/EU players still involved a lot of shooting around corners and hitboxes lagging. The issue with BC2 was people with packet loss or just unstable connections with large ping fluctuations, if you tried to shoot someone with a connection like that then good luck. BF3 feels like that even when both of you have a very low ping and a super stable connection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerITGuy View Post

2) People complain about the patches screwing things up.

Yet they forget how awful BF2 patches were. Those patches really screwed things up with the core game.

Difference was that BF2 had a lot of patches that fixed a lot of stuff in the end, whereas BF3 will be replaced this year and the support will go away. I'd agree some of the issues with BF2 were annoying though. The biggest issue they have with BF3 is they change the game balance every single patch, which causes people to complain when their favourite OP gun gets nerfed. They should have learnt from previous games too - you cant just say that because we did it before its ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerITGuy View Post

3) People complain about the amount of hackers.

Yet I've been playing BF3 since release and I've seen maybe around ~5 hackers, same thing with BFBC2, I currently have over 1000hrs logged in that game, and I've seen maybe 10 hackers overall.

Seen a few, mainly the hack that allows them to kill everyone on the server constantly. With a decent server its no worse than any other FPS I've played in that regard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerITGuy View Post

4) And now this...

They blame DICE for using PB, what else are they supposed to use!?

PB most often than not, works extremely well.

They could have developed their own anti cheat - might be worth it if they're going to release a new BF game every year. I wouldn't say PB works well though, having a server with a couple of admins on at any given time is the better option.
Wingman Fuzzi
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.6GHz 1.37v Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3 Zotac GTX 680 @ 1215/3005MHz (347.09) 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Savage 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120GB + 850 1TB + Intel 520 240GB Samsung F3 1TB Thermalright Venomous X w/ FM122 Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM 1920x1080 @ 60Hz Ducky Shine II (Blues w/ White Backlight) Corsair HX 620W Fractal Design XL (Black Pearl) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
MX518 Steelseries QcK+ Creative X-FI Xtreme Music Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
Wingman Fuzzi
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.6GHz 1.37v Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3 Zotac GTX 680 @ 1215/3005MHz (347.09) 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Savage 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120GB + 850 1TB + Intel 520 240GB Samsung F3 1TB Thermalright Venomous X w/ FM122 Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM 1920x1080 @ 60Hz Ducky Shine II (Blues w/ White Backlight) Corsair HX 620W Fractal Design XL (Black Pearl) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
MX518 Steelseries QcK+ Creative X-FI Xtreme Music Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechati View Post

I don't really care how long they've been using PB for. Whatever Dice implemented in the game is their choice. And as the final product comes from Dice, and it doesn't deliver, yes, Dice is to blame.

Otherwise what you saying is that if I buy a new car and the tires go bad I should put blame on the tire manufacturer?
What are you, 7?


WORST analogy ever. Yes if my tires go bad I blame the manufacturer. That is why there is a manufacturer mileage warranty, road hazard warranty, and return policy. I don't buy the car for the tires. I don't blame the car company for the tires.

Analogy does not work here. tongue.gif
Rig 2.0
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-V EVGA GTX780 SC ACX Samsung DDR 3 (2 DIMMS) MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 SSD WD Caviar Black Asus DVD/RW Xigmatek s-1283 HDT (Air Cooling) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Scythe Slipstream 1200RPM (x2) Antec 140mm + Antec 120mm + Xigmatek 120mm (x2) Win 7 64bit Acer S243HL bmii - 24" 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 Corsair Carbide 300R MX 518 Auzentek X-Fi Forte 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig 2.0
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-V EVGA GTX780 SC ACX Samsung DDR 3 (2 DIMMS) MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 SSD WD Caviar Black Asus DVD/RW Xigmatek s-1283 HDT (Air Cooling) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Scythe Slipstream 1200RPM (x2) Antec 140mm + Antec 120mm + Xigmatek 120mm (x2) Win 7 64bit Acer S243HL bmii - 24" 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 Corsair Carbide 300R MX 518 Auzentek X-Fi Forte 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 116
As some one who was wrongfully banned from an entire game because of a false positive with Punkbuster.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That is all.

whistle.gif
 
NZXT Source 210
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 XFX RX480 GTR Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Western Digital 1TB WD10EXEXSP Western Digital 1TB WD10EXEXSP 
CoolingOSPowerCase
NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 Pro EVGA Supernova 750 G3 NZXT S340 Glossy Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 XFX Radeon RX 480 Corsair Vengence LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital WD5003AZEX Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Pro LG GH24NS95 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 10 40" 1080p Vizio LED LCD HDTV Corsair CX600M 
Case
NZXT Source 210 Elite - Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 w/ HT 3.2GHz Dell N6381 Intel Extreme Graphics 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... 512MB DDR 400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Western Digital 160GB IDE Covered in a thick layer of dust Windows XP Home Edition 32bit Dell M0148 250w 
Case
Dell Dimension 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
 
NZXT Source 210
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 XFX RX480 GTR Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Western Digital 1TB WD10EXEXSP Western Digital 1TB WD10EXEXSP 
CoolingOSPowerCase
NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 Pro EVGA Supernova 750 G3 NZXT S340 Glossy Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 XFX Radeon RX 480 Corsair Vengence LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital WD5003AZEX Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Pro LG GH24NS95 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 10 40" 1080p Vizio LED LCD HDTV Corsair CX600M 
Case
NZXT Source 210 Elite - Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 w/ HT 3.2GHz Dell N6381 Intel Extreme Graphics 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... 512MB DDR 400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Western Digital 160GB IDE Covered in a thick layer of dust Windows XP Home Edition 32bit Dell M0148 250w 
Case
Dell Dimension 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashric View Post

And used what other amazing anti cheat instead?

VAC?

Oh wait... Origin biggrin.gif
Serigatum
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k @ 4.7Ghz Asus P87 Deluxe EVGA GTX 780 Corsair Vengeance 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Raid0: 2x512GB Samsung 840 Pro 2GB WD Black NZXT Kraken x60 Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2412M Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair AX850 NZXT Phantom 820 
Mouse
Razer Ouroboros 
  hide details  
Reply
Serigatum
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k @ 4.7Ghz Asus P87 Deluxe EVGA GTX 780 Corsair Vengeance 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Raid0: 2x512GB Samsung 840 Pro 2GB WD Black NZXT Kraken x60 Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2412M Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair AX850 NZXT Phantom 820 
Mouse
Razer Ouroboros 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion Racing View Post

The hit reg in BF3 was so bad I stopped playing it in June last year. No skill required in spraying bullets everywhere and hitting people around corners - seemed to get worse with each patch so I just gave up on it. Sometimes it was so bad that you could put clips into a playermodel but their hitboxes were nowhere nearby so they took no damage, might as well make everyone invisible when it's like that. BC2 was pretty good most of the time, although the hitboxes still lagged behind people, just not to the extent of BF3. BC2 held up to higher pings well, as long as everyone had a stable connection - I remember playing on the OCN server back when the game came out and it was as good as playing on a UK server against EU players. BF3 on a UK server with UK/EU players still involved a lot of shooting around corners and hitboxes lagging. The issue with BC2 was people with packet loss or just unstable connections with large ping fluctuations, if you tried to shoot someone with a connection like that then good luck. BF3 feels like that even when both of you have a very low ping and a super stable connection.
Yet I've rarely experienced issues at all. It does vary from person to person, but overall hit detection is better in BF3. When I had fiber back in NY, I still experienced the problems more often in BC2 than BF3. It wasn't that great in any of the previous Battlefields. In the end, you would still die.. it would just show you dying in the correct spot rather than behind the wall.

Quote:
Difference was that BF2 had a lot of patches that fixed a lot of stuff in the end, whereas BF3 will be replaced this year and the support will go away. I'd agree some of the issues with BF2 were annoying though. The biggest issue they have with BF3 is they change the game balance every single patch, which causes people to complain when their favourite OP gun gets nerfed. They should have learnt from previous games too - you cant just say that because we did it before its ok.
BF3 has had the best support out of any Battlefield so far and DICE has stated that they're going to continue support for up to a year after End Game (or BF4's release.. I forgot which one exactly, but if I find the link I will post it).

Quote:
Seen a few, mainly the hack that allows them to kill everyone on the server constantly. With a decent server its no worse than any other FPS I've played in that regard.
I can agree with that. I don't stray too far from a select few servers that fit my needs and have active and fair admins backing them. I pretty much never see hackers. Less than 5 the whole time I've played.

Quote:
They could have developed their own anti cheat - might be worth it if they're going to release a new BF game every year. I wouldn't say PB works well though, having a server with a couple of admins on at any given time is the better option.
Not many developers do this. It's costly and takes away resources that they could be put towards the game. Even if they did develop their own anti-cheat, it still wouldn't solve the hacking problem. Even games that use VAC still have problems with hackers here and there. Also, where are you getting that they're releasing a Battlefield game every year? BF4 will actually be in development longer than most Battlefield games (including the Bad Company series).


We can all wish that there would be a perfect anti-cheat, but there's not a single one out there. PunkBuster isn't that great, but it's still better than most.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [BL] BF3 servers can't run PunkBuster