Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Ars] Bigfoot genome paper “conclusively proves” that Sasquatch is real
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Ars] Bigfoot genome paper “conclusively proves” that Sasquatch is real - Page 13  

post #121 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruennis View Post

The magnitude of witnesses from all over the world is simply to great to say that the Bigfoot phenomenon is make-believe.

I've never encountered anyone that thinks all the deities, demons, and spirits currently believed in around the world exist. Cool.

Out of curiosity, what's the cutoff point in terms of number of people believing in something before that something pops into existence?
Taijin Kyofusho
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Crucial Ballistix Elite 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB MyDigitalSSD 960GB NZXT Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro LG 34UC88-B Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Red Corsair RM750x 
CaseMouseAudio
NZXT S340 Corsair Sabre RGB HiVi Swans M10 
  hide details  
Taijin Kyofusho
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Crucial Ballistix Elite 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB MyDigitalSSD 960GB NZXT Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro LG 34UC88-B Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Red Corsair RM750x 
CaseMouseAudio
NZXT S340 Corsair Sabre RGB HiVi Swans M10 
  hide details  
post #122 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faraz View Post

I've never encountered anyone that thinks all the deities, demons, and spirits currently believed in around the world exist. Cool.

Citation? Please cite my posting where I said these things exist? I simply suggested that we keep an open mind on Sasquatch and that proof on Overclock.net wasn't needed...

This isn't a argument among professionals but simply a conversation between computer users thumb.gif
post #123 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruennis View Post

Citation? Please cite my posting where I said these things exist? I simply suggested that we keep an open mind on Sasquatch and that proof on Overclock.net wasn't needed...

This isn't a argument among professionals but simply a conversation between computer users thumb.gif

How, exactly, does the location nullify the burden of proof?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 SABERTOOTH X58 Gigabyte GTX 970 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 320GB WD 1TB Hitachi 1TB CM Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 10 Pro 24" Sceptre 20" Asus Corsair TX750 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 SABERTOOTH X58 Gigabyte GTX 970 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 320GB WD 1TB Hitachi 1TB CM Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 10 Pro 24" Sceptre 20" Asus Corsair TX750 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
post #124 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruennis View Post

Are you kidding me? Do you have any idea how difficult it was to prove the existence of atoms without the technology readily available? We're talking about a theory that was originally postulated 2000+ years ago and wasn't quite understood until Dalton came and proposed the Atomic theory. Even then it had to endure scrutiny.

There are evidence supporting Bigfoot just not the tangible kind. Do you think people from different cultures and different parts of the world came together one day and decided to carry out arguably the biggest prank of all time - the Bigfoot phenomenon?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm not suggesting Bigfoot is real but keep an open mind. The magnitude of witnesses from all over the world is simply to great to say that the Bigfoot phenomenon is make-believe. Disparaging such a notion and comparing it to elves, unicorns, and phoenixes is just plain ignorant.

1. Just because people believe in them doesn't mean they exist. Many, many 4 year old girls like to believe unicorns exist, does that mean they do?
2. Pretty much all of the sightings of bigfoot have either been by people who were drunk or on medication or were trolls or just people who wanted attention.
3. All of the "evidence" for bigfoot has been created by trolls or people in denial.
4. There has been dragons in Chinese culture and western European culture around the same time long before they even knew each other existed. Where is the fossil evidence that dragons actually exist?
5. People (from Europe) have been in North America since the late 1400s, the first bigfoot sighting was in the 1920s.
6. If bigfoot actually existed, I doubt they would run away from people who are 5 ft - 6 ft tall, especially when they are meant to be 7 ft - 9 ft tall.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/default.asp

That website has reported bigfoot sightings. There have been 554 in Washington alone with the latest one being this month. If all those people have genuinely seen bigfoot, one of them must have had a phone with them that has a decent camera built in.
post #125 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroc91 View Post

How, exactly, does the location nullify the burden of proof?
Umm... because... this site is likely full of kids and kidults who prance around thinking they know a thing or two pretending to be scientists??? And probably wouldn't even know how to digest proof if they were presented it. But seriously, you are asking for Bigfoot evidence on an internet forum? Get over yourself bud.

I have no hard-nosed evidence if that is answer you are looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

1. Just because people believe in them doesn't mean they exist. Many, many 4 year old girls like to believe unicorns exist, does that mean they do?
2. Pretty much all of the sightings of bigfoot have either been by people who were drunk or on medication or were trolls or just people who wanted attention.
3. All of the "evidence" for bigfoot has been created by trolls or people in denial.
4. There has been dragons in Chinese culture and western European culture around the same time long before they even knew each other existed. Where is the fossil evidence that dragons actually exist?
5. People (from Europe) have been in North America since the late 1400s, the first bigfoot sighting was in the 1920s.
6. If bigfoot actually existed, I doubt they would run away from people who are 5 ft - 6 ft tall, especially when they are meant to be 7 ft - 9 ft tall.

1. Even if some of these people are people of credibility and of importance?
2. Every single sighting dating back to the Native Americans and possibly before that are all hoaxes? Figments of imagination?
3. All evidence thus far are not the tangible kind but the majority of evidence up to this point have been from elaborate hoaxes

At the end of the day, we are all going to need hard-nosed definite proof meaning a bona fide body or carcass on a slab for any of us including myself to accept the existence of Sasquatch.
post #126 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruennis View Post

Umm... because... this site is likely full of kids and kidults who prance around thinking they know a thing or two pretending to be scientists??? And probably wouldn't even know how to digest proof if they were presented it. But seriously, you are asking for Bigfoot evidence on an internet forum? Get over yourself bud.

I have no hard-nosed evidence if that is answer you are looking for.

Saying that backing up your claims is only necessary in certain situations is a ridiculous proposition. If somebody comes on here and asks what the best video card is, would you not expect benchmarks rather than some baseless opinion?

Do you remember how this conversation even started?

"there are numerous (thousands now) prints. Prelim dna finds on hair samples from North America indicate the existence of a non human unknown primate."

Am I just supposed to take that at face value and believe it? I'm being rational.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 SABERTOOTH X58 Gigabyte GTX 970 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 320GB WD 1TB Hitachi 1TB CM Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 10 Pro 24" Sceptre 20" Asus Corsair TX750 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 SABERTOOTH X58 Gigabyte GTX 970 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 320GB WD 1TB Hitachi 1TB CM Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 10 Pro 24" Sceptre 20" Asus Corsair TX750 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
post #127 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroc91 View Post

"there are numerous (thousands now) prints. Prelim dna finds on hair samples from North America indicate the existence of a non human unknown primate."

Am I just supposed to take that at face value and believe it? I'm being rational.

Citation of original post?

I'll do it for ya...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanjam View Post

If you ask me there is enough evidence to take serious scientific inquiry. Right now there isn't much, just some guys in the woods making calls they think it makes. However there are numerous (thousands now) prints. Prelim dna finds on hair samples from North America indicate the existence of a non human unknown primate. That was well before this study. I say keep an open mind.

Stanjam = Bruennis ?
post #128 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruennis View Post

Umm... because... this site is likely full of kids and kidults who prance around thinking they know a thing or two pretending to be scientists??? And probably wouldn't even know how to digest proof if they were presented it. But seriously, you are asking for Bigfoot evidence on an internet forum? Get over yourself bud.

But seriously you're trying to contend that bigfoot exists on an internet forum?
uneccessary namecalling, you have no idea of how old the rest of the participants in discussion is, Nor do you know anything of our background.
I and my in tis discussion has opposed the lack of scientific evidence presented and the lack of scientific method in the way the unscientific evidence was presented. This does not require a degree or tenure, it requires familiarity with higher education.
Quote:
I have no hard-nosed evidence if that is answer you are looking for.
1. Even if some of these people are people of credibility and of importance?
2. Every single sighting dating back to the Native Americans and possibly before that are all hoaxes? Figments of imagination?
3. All evidence thus far are not the tangible kind but the majority of evidence up to this point have been from elaborate hoaxes

1. Who is credible and is of any importance, you need... Citation!
2. Oral tradition as a source is generally a bad idea, some times you might strike gold but most of the time the stories have been exagerrated or transformed to please the audience. myths does not constitute evidence nor do they hold water unless they are proven to be true, but a myth can't be proven by the myth alone. The existance of a myth is only relevant evidence for proving that the myth exists.
3. Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruennis View Post

Citation? Please cite my posting where I said these things exist? I simply suggested that we keep an open mind on Sasquatch and that proof on Overclock.net wasn't needed...
This isn't a argument among professionals but simply a conversation between computer users thumb.gif

Surprisingly enough most discussions on overclock.net require and use citation, HWbot, News sources and so on, this discussion should be no exception.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruennis View Post

Citation of original post?
I'll do it for ya...
Stanjam = Bruennis ?
=
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroc91 View Post

Do you remember how this conversation even started?
"there are numerous (thousands now) prints. Prelim dna finds on hair samples from North America indicate the existence of a non human unknown primate."
Am I just supposed to take that at face value and believe it? I'm being rational.

Bruennis furthered the train thought from Stanjams post.
Bruennis is not Stanjam but he choose to further the discussion,
 
Rebeccas Dator
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K Asus P8P67 Pro  6950 DCII G.skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 330 Seagate Barracuda WD Green OCZ Vertex 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H212 W7 21.5 Sidewinder x4/Lenovo with Trackpoint 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 900w Define r2 MX518 Qpad 1.5mm 
Audio
Edifier R1900TII 2.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
II X4 965 Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H Sapphire 5770 DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x 500gb DVD H212 windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x Benq 21.5 inch X4 chieftec 650w Define mini 
Mouse
mx518 
  hide details  
 
Rebeccas Dator
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K Asus P8P67 Pro  6950 DCII G.skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 330 Seagate Barracuda WD Green OCZ Vertex 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H212 W7 21.5 Sidewinder x4/Lenovo with Trackpoint 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 900w Define r2 MX518 Qpad 1.5mm 
Audio
Edifier R1900TII 2.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
II X4 965 Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H Sapphire 5770 DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x 500gb DVD H212 windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x Benq 21.5 inch X4 chieftec 650w Define mini 
Mouse
mx518 
  hide details  
post #129 of 134
Did you guys forget that Bigfoot has been sighted back in 1800's and earlier and there were no technology access during that time? Why else there a documentation on that then? Clearly shows you that we still haven't discovered everything on Earth. Keep an open mind. Same way you're saying you don't believe space has life forms out there. Well you're wrong cuz there is life out there. The universe is a big place and so is this Earth.
post #130 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78@pwnt4lif3 View Post

Did you guys forget that Bigfoot has been sighted back in 1800's and earlier and there were no technology access during that time? Why else there a documentation on that then? Clearly shows you that we still haven't discovered everything on Earth. Keep an open mind. Same way you're saying you don't believe space has life forms out there. Well you're wrong cuz there is life out there. The universe is a big place and so is this Earth.

Finding new species show us that we still find new species.
edit: actually finding a new species show us that we found a new species.
Tales of unconfirmed and badly documented rumored sightings show us that tales of unconfirmed and badly documented sigthings exists.
Edited by Huzzbutt - 2/20/13 at 1:37pm
 
Rebeccas Dator
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K Asus P8P67 Pro  6950 DCII G.skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 330 Seagate Barracuda WD Green OCZ Vertex 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H212 W7 21.5 Sidewinder x4/Lenovo with Trackpoint 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 900w Define r2 MX518 Qpad 1.5mm 
Audio
Edifier R1900TII 2.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
II X4 965 Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H Sapphire 5770 DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x 500gb DVD H212 windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x Benq 21.5 inch X4 chieftec 650w Define mini 
Mouse
mx518 
  hide details  
 
Rebeccas Dator
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K Asus P8P67 Pro  6950 DCII G.skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 330 Seagate Barracuda WD Green OCZ Vertex 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H212 W7 21.5 Sidewinder x4/Lenovo with Trackpoint 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 900w Define r2 MX518 Qpad 1.5mm 
Audio
Edifier R1900TII 2.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
II X4 965 Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H Sapphire 5770 DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x 500gb DVD H212 windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x Benq 21.5 inch X4 chieftec 650w Define mini 
Mouse
mx518 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Ars] Bigfoot genome paper “conclusively proves” that Sasquatch is real