When you turn it on can you open the cd drive? can you hook it up to an external monitor?
I came across info to fix the bios possibly if thats what the issue is. post was from 9/2011 so you might see a new bios.
Updating the BIOS will require a USB flash drive to store the BIOS information on during the update. To perform the update to the BIOS:
1. Go here http://support.acer.com/us/en/default.aspx
and download the latest BIOS for the netbook.
2. Extract the files from the downloaded zipped BIOS file.
3. In the Dos_Flash folder, rename the BIOS file from 3310.fd to ZG5IA32.FD, in all capital letters.
4. Copy ZG5IA32.FD and Fla****.exe to the USB flash drive
5. Ensure that the AC adapter is plugged in.
6. Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port.
7. Press and Hold down the Fn and the Esc keys together and press the power button.
8. When the unit's power light comes on wait a few seconds and release the Fn and Esc keys.
9. After the keys have been released the power light will start to blink.
10. During the BIOS update process the display will be blank.
11. Let the unit run and after approximately 1 to 7 minutes, the unit should reboot and the BIOS will be updated.
If the unit fails to reboot, or the BIOS was not updated sucessfully, try the steps again. If the unit continues to fail to reboot, the unit may need service.
Good LuckEdited by steeda50 - 2/14/13 at 4:56pm