Overclock.net › Forums › Benchmarks › Benchmarking Software and Discussion › [OFFICIAL]--- Top 30 --- Unigine 'Valley' Benchmark 1.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL]--- Top 30 --- Unigine 'Valley' Benchmark 1.0 - Page 547

post #5461 of 13339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgearfan View Post

I am not a good overclocker and I am trying to figure out how to get the gpu clock higher. I cant go anything over +50 on the offset it will crash. I have not touched the voltage yet. Should I be bumping the volts up and in small amounts I would think right? My memory clock is good at +350. I have not messed with the power target either.

Open up evga precision (or download it if you dont already have it). Bring your power slider to 106%, set your fan to 100% by deselecting auto and dragging the fan speed bar to the top, open the voltage submenu on the bottom left (make sure not to touch kboost or ov) and drag the slider to the top, and for valley at least drag your core offset to +120, test and if you pass go up in increments that get you to your next boost stage (increases in 13mhz steps so for example 1202, 1215, 1228 etc..). You'll have to find which personal offset gets you to what boost stage, then increase memory offset once you get a stable core clock, im going to say its safe to start around +500 in valley on the memory.
Steins Gate
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700 ASUS X370 CH6 Gigabyte R9 290 2x8GB Trident Z @ 3200 C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
960 Evo 850 Evo WD Blue 1TB Thermalright True Spirit 140 Direct 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2730Z G413 EVGA 750w G2 CM MC5 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G703 SS Qck Onboard Logitech Z906 
Audio
HD518 
  hide details  
Reply
Steins Gate
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700 ASUS X370 CH6 Gigabyte R9 290 2x8GB Trident Z @ 3200 C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
960 Evo 850 Evo WD Blue 1TB Thermalright True Spirit 140 Direct 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2730Z G413 EVGA 750w G2 CM MC5 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G703 SS Qck Onboard Logitech Z906 
Audio
HD518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5462 of 13339
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaRLiToS View Post

Don't worry about voltage. Its temp you need to look at. Nvidia makes it simple for you/us. They limit the voltage so the max voltage is not dangerous.

I'm under water so I just cranked the voltage to the max, 1.212v and the power limit to 115% (with mod BIOS of course) and then I looked for my maximum GPU and Memory OC.

So its simple, don't be afraid of voltage but monitor the temperatures. thumb.gif

I did exactly the same thing as him thumb.gif
Maximus
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 6700K 4.8Ghz @ 1.4v Maximus VIII Formula Radeon RX VEGA 64 G-Skill 32GB 3424Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Evo 2TB Raid 0 Corsair H100i V2 Windows 10 Pro Acer XF270HUA 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry MX Board 6.0 Seasonic X-850 Lian-Li PC-V33B Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Alugraphics GamerArt Definitive Technology Incline SMSL M8  
  hide details  
Reply
Maximus
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 6700K 4.8Ghz @ 1.4v Maximus VIII Formula Radeon RX VEGA 64 G-Skill 32GB 3424Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Evo 2TB Raid 0 Corsair H100i V2 Windows 10 Pro Acer XF270HUA 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry MX Board 6.0 Seasonic X-850 Lian-Li PC-V33B Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Alugraphics GamerArt Definitive Technology Incline SMSL M8  
  hide details  
Reply
post #5463 of 13339
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaRLiToS View Post

Don't worry about voltage. Its temp you need to look at. Nvidia makes it simple for you/us. They limit the voltage so the max voltage is not dangerous.

I'm under water so I just cranked the voltage to the max, 1.212v and the power limit to 115% (with mod BIOS of course) and then I looked for my maximum GPU and Memory OC.

So its simple, don't be afraid of voltage but monitor the temperatures. thumb.gif

Ok. But it looks like you have to enable overvoltage correct? I have no slider or anything to increase the voltage unless OV is unlocked it looks like.
post #5464 of 13339
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv8000 View Post

Open up evga precision (or download it if you dont already have it). Bring your power slider to 106%, set your fan to 100% by deselecting auto and dragging the fan speed bar to the top, open the voltage submenu on the bottom left (make sure not to touch kboost or ov) and drag the slider to the top, and for valley at least drag your core offset to +120, test and if you pass go up in increments that get you to your next boost stage (increases in 13mhz steps so for example 1202, 1215, 1228 etc..). You'll have to find which personal offset gets you to what boost stage, then increase memory offset once you get a stable core clock, im going to say its safe to start around +500 in valley on the memory.

Tried it and with volts maxed at 1.187 and clock offset at 120 and mem at +400 it crashed right away.

It did pass a test on valley turning clock down to +83 so a total 1188/ 1706 mem. Temps went up to 71. Was not getting above 63-64 before. It seems like that is still in the safe range right?

Here is the latest run

I am a bit unclear on which clocks people are quoting. Is it the gpu clock shown in Precision, Unigine or GPU-z? they are all different. I will quote what Precision says for the clocks and GPU-z says for the memory.

1188mhz (+83 gpu clock offset) / 1752mhz (mem offset +500). Volts at 1.187 power target 106%. Temps again got to 71C. Finally broke past 70fps at least. I am now tired and have to go to sleep. i have been messing with this for too long today.lol Thanks to all of you that helped me out. I am learning, but just slow:D I think the gpu clock could go up a bit more and I sill need to flash the bios but I wanted to see what I could get before I did that.


Edited by Topgearfan - 6/8/13 at 12:37am
post #5465 of 13339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joa3d43 View Post

...same speed settings as before, just a bit cooler in the evening smile.gif

Joa3D43 - Quadfire 2x 7990 - 100/1575 - FPS = 154.9 SCORE = 6481


did amd fix the overclocking bug with the 7990? earlier when it came out alot of sites reported that the overclock on these card did nothing or even worse then the stock clock
Gaming Rig
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2GHz 1.25v Asus Z77-A Asus R9 280X 3GB Core 1000MHz 1.2v Memory 6000M... 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 2T 1.5v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung Evo 840 120GB Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 24" 1920x1080 68Hz Corsair AX860i 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2GHz 1.25v Asus Z77-A Asus R9 280X 3GB Core 1000MHz 1.2v Memory 6000M... 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 2T 1.5v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung Evo 840 120GB Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 24" 1920x1080 68Hz Corsair AX860i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5466 of 13339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgearfan View Post

Tried it and with volts maxed at 1.187 and clock offset at 120 and mem at +400 it crashed right away.

It did pass a test on valley turning clock down to +83 so a total 1188/ 1706 mem. Temps went up to 71. Was not getting above 63-64 before. It seems like that is still in the safe range right?

Here is the latest run

I am a bit unclear on which clocks people are quoting. Is it the gpu clock shown in Precision, Unigine or GPU-z? they are all different. I will quote what Precision says for the clocks and GPU-z says for the memory.

1188mhz (+83 gpu clock offset) / 1752mhz (mem offset +500). Volts at 1.187 power target 106%. Temps again got to 71C. Finally broke past 70fps at least. I am now tired and have to go to sleep. i have been messing with this for too long today.lol Thanks to all of you that helped me out. I am learning, but just slow:D I think the gpu clock could go up a bit more and I sill need to flash the bios but I wanted to see what I could get before I did that.


+120 was a bit hasty on my part, different cards as mine only boosted to 1202 with an offset of 170. Anywho good work, 71c just make sure you have the fan set to 100% (may only be 80~90% with the stock bios).
Steins Gate
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700 ASUS X370 CH6 Gigabyte R9 290 2x8GB Trident Z @ 3200 C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
960 Evo 850 Evo WD Blue 1TB Thermalright True Spirit 140 Direct 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2730Z G413 EVGA 750w G2 CM MC5 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G703 SS Qck Onboard Logitech Z906 
Audio
HD518 
  hide details  
Reply
Steins Gate
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700 ASUS X370 CH6 Gigabyte R9 290 2x8GB Trident Z @ 3200 C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
960 Evo 850 Evo WD Blue 1TB Thermalright True Spirit 140 Direct 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2730Z G413 EVGA 750w G2 CM MC5 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G703 SS Qck Onboard Logitech Z906 
Audio
HD518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5467 of 13339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takla View Post

did amd fix the overclocking bug with the 7990? earlier when it came out alot of sites reported that the overclock on these card did nothing or even worse then the stock clock

...had them for less than a day so I'm still learning about them - but this is the 2nd gen ('GHz edition' GPUs, 6GHz effective VRAM)...the included Gigabyte OC utility works as advertised but has a limited range, but will know more when I work on the GPU BIOS...
Edited by Joa3d43 - 6/8/13 at 4:55am
post #5468 of 13339
...a bit more CPU bclk, a few more fans.... smile.gif

Joa3d43 -- i7 3970X -- Quadfire 7990s -- FPS = 157.1 -- Score = 6573

post #5469 of 13339
So I decided to try removing my gt 210 so my 780 would run in x16 pci mode and it certainly helped. I ended up with a golden run at 1228/3663 of 79.1 fps, only once more after repeated tries did I come close to it with a run of 79.0. Most runs were in the 78.5-78.8 fps range.

NRD - - - i5 2500k @ 5,1 GHz - - - - GTX 780 ; 1228 / 3663 - - - - 79,1 FPS - - - - 3310

Edited by NRD - 6/8/13 at 6:46am
post #5470 of 13339
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRD View Post

So I decided to try removing my gt 210 so my 780 would run in x16 pci mode and it certainly helped. I ended up with a golden run at 1228/3663 of 79.1 fps, only once more after repeated tries did I come close to it with a run of 79.0. Most runs were in the 78.5-78.8 fps range.

NRD - - - i5 2500k @ 5.1 GHz - - - - GTX 780 ; 1228 / 3663 - - - - 79,1 FPS - - - - 3310
what was your score while it was running in x8?
ivybeech
(21 items)
 
4K-HTPC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k@4.7ghz Gigabyte z170xp-sli Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16gb Team Xtreem DDR4 @16/18/18/37 3333mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256gb M4 SSD boot 4TB Seagate - Raid 0 4TB Seagate - Raid 0 2TB Western Digital Green for storage 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Seagate 3 tb Seagate  2TB Seagate 4TB of various external storage 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100 in push/pull Windows 10 pro ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" OC Catleap Q270SE IPS 2560x1440@120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Xarmor mechanical cherry mx-brown Hale90 1000w 80+gold EVGA DG-87 Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2400 Intel DP67BG Nvidia GTX 950 8gb Gskill Ripjaws 1600mhz ddr3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256gb samsung SSD Asus Blu-ray Drive Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Corsair H50 push/pull Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio m60-c3 - 3840x2160 OCZ ZT 750w Silverstone Grandia gd-05 
  hide details  
Reply
ivybeech
(21 items)
 
4K-HTPC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k@4.7ghz Gigabyte z170xp-sli Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16gb Team Xtreem DDR4 @16/18/18/37 3333mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256gb M4 SSD boot 4TB Seagate - Raid 0 4TB Seagate - Raid 0 2TB Western Digital Green for storage 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Seagate 3 tb Seagate  2TB Seagate 4TB of various external storage 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100 in push/pull Windows 10 pro ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" OC Catleap Q270SE IPS 2560x1440@120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Xarmor mechanical cherry mx-brown Hale90 1000w 80+gold EVGA DG-87 Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2400 Intel DP67BG Nvidia GTX 950 8gb Gskill Ripjaws 1600mhz ddr3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256gb samsung SSD Asus Blu-ray Drive Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Corsair H50 push/pull Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio m60-c3 - 3840x2160 OCZ ZT 750w Silverstone Grandia gd-05 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Benchmarks › Benchmarking Software and Discussion › [OFFICIAL]--- Top 30 --- Unigine 'Valley' Benchmark 1.0