Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Other Hardware Mods › Custom case Fan/RGB LED Controller with WC Loop and temp monitor. 7" Touchscreen 4x5.25" bay device
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom case Fan/RGB LED Controller with WC Loop and temp monitor. 7" Touchscreen 4x5.25" bay device - Page 5

post #41 of 81
Thread Starter 
Ok, This is annoying but I am wrong, I use following the wrong pinout. Once pointed to the correct one very rudely by the seller I find that it is useless, Some pins need resistors but they dont supply the values you need. So I bit the bullet and bought the actual shield from him and will reverse engineer it for my needs.
Big Black Guy
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire Raedon HD 6670 G.Skil Ripjaws-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black WD Blue  Seagate 7200RPM Kingston HyperX 3k 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 2408WFP 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Soniq 32" Antec TruePower 550W NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Black Guy
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire Raedon HD 6670 G.Skil Ripjaws-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black WD Blue  Seagate 7200RPM Kingston HyperX 3k 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 2408WFP 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Soniq 32" Antec TruePower 550W NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 81
It looks like a SSD1963 based display. I think the only place you need a resistor is to limit the current for the backlight LEDs.
post #43 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvjessen View Post

It looks like a SSD1963 based display. I think the only place you need a resistor is to limit the current for the backlight LEDs.

Thats what I thought, The schematic for the shield has about 13 resistors plus some capacitors. No values are given for anything and the pinout is a mess. The seller is no help either and refuse to give any info out regarding the design of the shield, so my next step is to get the shield and find out what the heck is going on :/
Big Black Guy
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire Raedon HD 6670 G.Skil Ripjaws-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black WD Blue  Seagate 7200RPM Kingston HyperX 3k 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 2408WFP 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Soniq 32" Antec TruePower 550W NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Black Guy
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire Raedon HD 6670 G.Skil Ripjaws-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black WD Blue  Seagate 7200RPM Kingston HyperX 3k 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 2408WFP 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Soniq 32" Antec TruePower 550W NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by trust-no-1 View Post

Thats what I thought, The schematic for the shield has about 13 resistors plus some capacitors. No values are given for anything and the pinout is a mess. The seller is no help either and refuse to give any info out regarding the design of the shield, so my next step is to get the shield and find out what the heck is going on :/

I think it's likely that the shield is designed to work with a 5V based Arduino board, but as long as you use a 3.3V version, you should not need any resistors besides the backlight.
post #45 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvjessen View Post

I think it's likely that the shield is designed to work with a 5V based Arduino board, but as long as you use a 3.3V version, you should not need any resistors besides the backlight.

Thats a good thought, However they offer 2 separate designs, One for the Mega which is 5V and this one for the DUE which runs 3.3V.

Heres a link to the schematic, maybe you can make some more sense of it than me.
http://www.geek-chat.com/HamishFiles/DUE_Shield_schematic.pdf
Big Black Guy
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire Raedon HD 6670 G.Skil Ripjaws-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black WD Blue  Seagate 7200RPM Kingston HyperX 3k 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 2408WFP 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Soniq 32" Antec TruePower 550W NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Black Guy
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire Raedon HD 6670 G.Skil Ripjaws-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black WD Blue  Seagate 7200RPM Kingston HyperX 3k 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 2408WFP 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Soniq 32" Antec TruePower 550W NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by trust-no-1 View Post

Thats a good thought, However they offer 2 separate designs, One for the Mega which is 5V and this one for the DUE which runs 3.3V.

Heres a link to the schematic, maybe you can make some more sense of it than me.
http://www.geek-chat.com/HamishFiles/DUE_Shield_schematic.pdf

Yeah, the schematic isn't very good, not so easy to read. But for a start you can leave the touch and SD connections disconnected and just connect the LCD_ and DB connections. Plus power and backlight. That should be enough to show something on screen. Also add a couple of capacitor e.g. 10uF in parallel with 100nF across the supply.
post #47 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvjessen View Post

Yeah, the schematic isn't very good, not so easy to read. But for a start you can leave the touch and SD connections disconnected and just connect the LCD_ and DB connections. Plus power and backlight. That should be enough to show something on screen. Also add a couple of capacitor e.g. 10uF in parallel with 100nF across the supply.

Ill do that tomorrow, Its 1am and I really should be sleeping now. Illl post back with any success or failures.

Thanks for the help so far smile.gif
+rep
Big Black Guy
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire Raedon HD 6670 G.Skil Ripjaws-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black WD Blue  Seagate 7200RPM Kingston HyperX 3k 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 2408WFP 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Soniq 32" Antec TruePower 550W NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Black Guy
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire Raedon HD 6670 G.Skil Ripjaws-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black WD Blue  Seagate 7200RPM Kingston HyperX 3k 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 2408WFP 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Soniq 32" Antec TruePower 550W NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 81
Thread Starter 
No dice, I got less than before this time, They screen flashes grey when I press reset on the Arduino, However the microcontroller did heat up quite a bit.
Big Black Guy
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire Raedon HD 6670 G.Skil Ripjaws-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black WD Blue  Seagate 7200RPM Kingston HyperX 3k 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 2408WFP 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Soniq 32" Antec TruePower 550W NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Black Guy
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire Raedon HD 6670 G.Skil Ripjaws-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black WD Blue  Seagate 7200RPM Kingston HyperX 3k 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 2408WFP 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Soniq 32" Antec TruePower 550W NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by trust-no-1 View Post

No dice, I got less than before this time, They screen flashes grey when I press reset on the Arduino, However the microcontroller did heat up quite a bit.

Yeah, that is unfortunate. If the microcontroller heats up, it's usually because an IO port set as output has been shorted, you can protect it by using some 1K resistors in series.

Do you have a link to the source/library you are using?
post #50 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvjessen View Post

Yeah, that is unfortunate. If the microcontroller heats up, it's usually because an IO port set as output has been shorted, you can protect it by using some 1K resistors in series.

Do you have a link to the source/library you are using?

This is the library the seller provides, its apparently a modified version of UTFT, Im using their sample sketch called "CTE_70inch_800x480"
http://www.geek-chat.com/HamishFiles/Arduino_DUE_TFT_library.zip
Big Black Guy
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire Raedon HD 6670 G.Skil Ripjaws-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black WD Blue  Seagate 7200RPM Kingston HyperX 3k 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 2408WFP 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Soniq 32" Antec TruePower 550W NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Black Guy
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4100 ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Sapphire Raedon HD 6670 G.Skil Ripjaws-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black WD Blue  Seagate 7200RPM Kingston HyperX 3k 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 2408WFP 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Soniq 32" Antec TruePower 550W NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Hardware Mods
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Other Hardware Mods › Custom case Fan/RGB LED Controller with WC Loop and temp monitor. 7" Touchscreen 4x5.25" bay device