Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Needs Better Psu? Gigabyte GTX 590
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Needs Better Psu? Gigabyte GTX 590 - Page 2

post #11 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

i meant to say gtx 690. a 650w PSU can power a whole overclocked z77 sytem including a gtx 690
***??? really? if thinking if i make wrong connection to the 8pin cables with the psu....you know what psu cables can give me the max power of this psu?
post #12 of 36
i rechecked your first post.

did you really used the 8 pin CPU cable to your GPU?
post #13 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

i rechecked your first post.

did you really used the 8 pin CPU cable to your GPU?

yes..this using right now..not give the max watt?
post #14 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagenrider View Post

yes..this using right now..not give the max watt?

i don't know man, i think you messed it up. how did you figured out which pin goes to where? do you know which pin supplies 12v? 5v? 3v? ground? i think 8 pin cpu cable have different pinout that the 8 pin pci cable.

you should have used 6 pin pci to 8 pin pci adapter
http://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-8-Inch-6-Pin-PCI-E-8-Pin/dp/B002SZ45BU

or dual molex to 8 pin pci adapter
http://www.amazon.com/Dual-Molex-To-8-PIN-Adapter/dp/B002CTXNMY/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt
post #15 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

i don't know man, i think you messed it up. how did you figured out which pin goes to where? do you know which pin supplies 12v? 5v? 3v? ground? i think 8 pin cpu cable have different pinout that the 8 pin pci cable.

you should have used 6 pin pci to 8 pin pci adapter
http://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-8-Inch-6-Pin-PCI-E-8-Pin/dp/B002SZ45BU

or dual molex to 8 pin pci adapter
http://www.amazon.com/Dual-Molex-To-8-PIN-Adapter/dp/B002CTXNMY/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt
of course i know the color's and the voltage of them.... smile.gif also try the adapters you say with the same result..

the only who dont know is what of the yellow cables give the maximum wattage..from what i see...........i think all..
post #16 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagenrider View Post

of course i know the color's and the voltage of them.... smile.gif also try the adapters you say with the same result..

the only who dont know is what of the yellow cables give the maximum wattage..from what i see...........i think all..

it should give you the max wattage if it's not a multirail PSU, do you know if it's a multirail or single rail?
post #17 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

it should give you the max wattage if it's not a multirail PSU, do you know if it's a multirail or single rail?

no....and i dont know how to see that..

you know how?
post #18 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagenrider View Post

no....and i dont know how to see that..

you know how?

i'll check it. it should say on the specs.
post #19 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

a 650w PSU can power a whole overclocked z77 system with a gtx 690, so a 550w PSU should be able to handle a 590 easily.

unless this psu is platinum certified you will never be able to overclock anything. a 550watt will never hold a 590 together either. this isnt a barebones pc. fans and hdds need power too.
post #20 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntyMario View Post

unless this psu is platinum certified you will never be able to overclock anything. a 550watt will never hold a 590 together either. this isnt a barebones pc. fans and hdds need power too.

look in the description..i have this 500w psu only for the gpu..for the other system i have another 550w psu..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Needs Better Psu? Gigabyte GTX 590