Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › EVGA gtx 680 4gb boost
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EVGA gtx 680 4gb boost - Page 2

post #11 of 15
From the link....
Quote:
Congratulations no more downclocking or throttling. Can we go higher than our stock boost clocks? YEP. Can we still OC? YEP, just change your GPU offset to whatever you like and make sure to test for stability.
post #12 of 15
I know what it does, but it doesn't sound like his problem is that the card is downclocking or throttling because it never goes to 1202 before it drops down to 1189. It just has a different boost clock than it did before, so K-Boost is only going to force it to run at that same boost clock (1189) all the time. Worth a try I guess, but I don't see it making a difference.
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

That is just going to keep it at the boost clock all the time, it won't fix the fact that the boost clock isn't the same as it was before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

I know what it does, but it doesn't sound like his problem is that the card is downclocking or throttling because it never goes to 1202 before it drops down to 1189. It just has a different boost clock than it did before, so K-Boost is only going to force it to run at that same boost clock (1189) all the time. Worth a try I guess, but I don't see it making a difference.

But adding a +13MHz in Precision X Offset would compensate for his problem, right?

I don't know if this is the same thing that happened to me when I change to water cooling but it sort of the same actually. There's something weird with what I've experienced though. Originally, with the stock air cooler of my card my GPU would reach 1167MHz at 64C. And when I change to watercooling, "sometimes" it goes up to 1163MHz at 46C but most of the time it stays at 1150MHz at 46C also.

Would this be evident at all when you unlock your vBIOS to use a higher voltage and force a higher clock?
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

But adding a +13MHz in Precision X Offset would compensate for his problem, right?

It should. I've seen articles that claim the cards monitor 13 inputs to determine clock speed - maybe one of those is affected by the switch to water cooling (like VRM temp?) and that is why the clock speed drops a notch.

That's why I thought maybe it was drivers - the newest driver set keeps my card at 1267 when it hits 70C, while the older drivers would drop it to 1254 instead. So I think there's more going on than meets the eye.

How are you two watercooling your cards? On a loop, or did you mod on one of the AIO coolers? Now that it looks like no new cards for a while I'm thinking of putting on one of the AIO coolers and doing a BIOS mod to my card.
Edited by Forceman - 2/15/13 at 10:25pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

It should. I've seen articles that claim the cards monitor 13 inputs to determine clock speed - maybe one of those is affected by the switch to water cooling (like VRM temp?) and that is why the clock speed drops a notch.

Ah. But I can assure you that it's not VRM temp because I use the Accelero Hybrid Cooler which is a "hybird" of water and air. The only component under water is the gpu core and the other components like the VRM and VRAM modules are all under air with their corresponding heatsinks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › EVGA gtx 680 4gb boost