Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Keyboard Suggestion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Keyboard Suggestion Thread - Page 62

post #611 of 2353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm84 View Post

The regular WASD V2 doesn't have backlighting, only the CODE edition does, I'd suggest looking at a K95 with MX Reds, although it's worth noting many users stay away from MX Reds because accidental keypresses occur frequently if you're not an accurate typist.

If you were willing to go without the dedicated macro keys you could also look at a Ducky Shine 3 with MX Reds or MX Blacks, or a Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 with MX Reds.

Thanks for your input. I didn't realize that the WASD V2 wasn't backlit - which is unfortunately one of the key features I'm looking for. The K95 looks to be fantastic - the only problem being that it has WAY too many macro keys. My current Logitech G110 has 12, and I rarely use even 5.

The K70 doesn't seem to have any macro keys, which is fine, but is that the only difference between that and the K95, especially given the price difference?

The Nighthawk X9 also looks to be a fantastic keyboard, but I'm worried about the quality of the LEDs. Their photos look more pink than red so I'm not sure how it reflects their actual look.

I'm also having a tough time deciding between the MX Reds and the Browns. Any suggestions (based mainly on quietness)?
Icarus
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
i5 3570k Asrock H77-m Pro4 Corsair Vengeance Patriot 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Blu Western Digital Red 3x 3TB Intel 310 160GB Western Digital Green 2x 2TB 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Server 2008 R2 Sony KDL55HX750 Corsair Builder Series 400W Silverstone Grandia GD06B 
  hide details  
Reply
Icarus
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
i5 3570k Asrock H77-m Pro4 Corsair Vengeance Patriot 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Blu Western Digital Red 3x 3TB Intel 310 160GB Western Digital Green 2x 2TB 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Server 2008 R2 Sony KDL55HX750 Corsair Builder Series 400W Silverstone Grandia GD06B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #612 of 2353
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigamibob View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm84 View Post

The regular WASD V2 doesn't have backlighting, only the CODE edition does, I'd suggest looking at a K95 with MX Reds, although it's worth noting many users stay away from MX Reds because accidental keypresses occur frequently if you're not an accurate typist.

If you were willing to go without the dedicated macro keys you could also look at a Ducky Shine 3 with MX Reds or MX Blacks, or a Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 with MX Reds.

Thanks for your input. I didn't realize that the WASD V2 wasn't backlit - which is unfortunately one of the key features I'm looking for. The K95 looks to be fantastic - the only problem being that it has WAY too many macro keys. My current Logitech G110 has 12, and I rarely use even 5.

The K70 doesn't seem to have any macro keys, which is fine, but is that the only difference between that and the K95, especially given the price difference?

The Nighthawk X9 also looks to be a fantastic keyboard, but I'm worried about the quality of the LEDs. Their photos look more pink than red so I'm not sure how it reflects their actual look.

I'm also having a tough time deciding between the MX Reds and the Browns. Any suggestions (based mainly on quietness)?

The K70 has no macro keys on the left side and blue backlighting.

As for the loudness of MX Reds and MX Browns, there is no difference, only the tactile click switches like the MX Blues and MX Greens will be louder.
post #613 of 2353
Thanks again. I think the MX Browns are what I'm looking for. The reds seem to actuate too easily. If only the Logitech G710+ wasn't so ugly, I would've bought it already.

EDIT: I love the layout of Logitech keyboards. My Current G110 is perfect in terms of layout and functionality. I wonder if there's a way to get rid of that terrible orange band around the G-Keys on that board.
Edited by shinigamibob - 11/11/13 at 12:32pm
Icarus
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
i5 3570k Asrock H77-m Pro4 Corsair Vengeance Patriot 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Blu Western Digital Red 3x 3TB Intel 310 160GB Western Digital Green 2x 2TB 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Server 2008 R2 Sony KDL55HX750 Corsair Builder Series 400W Silverstone Grandia GD06B 
  hide details  
Reply
Icarus
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
i5 3570k Asrock H77-m Pro4 Corsair Vengeance Patriot 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Blu Western Digital Red 3x 3TB Intel 310 160GB Western Digital Green 2x 2TB 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Server 2008 R2 Sony KDL55HX750 Corsair Builder Series 400W Silverstone Grandia GD06B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #614 of 2353
  • Location: Italy
  • If not in the US or UK, links to stores in your country: there isn't any good store in Italy, i'm ok buying from a European reseller
  • Any keyboards you currently have in mind: QFR, Filco, Leopold (the problem with these keyboards is the backlighting) or a Ducky (no PS2?)
  • Price: < €150 including shipping costs if possible
  • Backlighting: yes
  • Size: TKL
  • Use: gaming, typing
  • USB/ PS2: PS2 pref
  • Macro keys: no
  • Media keys: no
  • Layout: ISO (Italian pref but everything is fine)
  • Switch type: brown
post #615 of 2353
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigamibob View Post

Thanks again. I think the MX Browns are what I'm looking for. The reds seem to actuate too easily. If only the Logitech G710+ wasn't so ugly, I would've bought it already.

EDIT: I love the layout of Logitech keyboards. My Current G110 is perfect in terms of layout and functionality. I wonder if there's a way to get rid of that terrible orange band around the G-Keys on that board.

Some people have taken the casing off and painted the orange piece black:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1316586/logitech-g710-disassembly-and-modification-56k-warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiamath View Post

  • Location: Italy
  • If not in the US or UK, links to stores in your country: there isn't any good store in Italy, i'm ok buying from a European reseller
  • Any keyboards you currently have in mind: QFR, Filco, Leopold (the problem with these keyboards is the backlighting) or a Ducky (no PS2?)
  • Price: < €150 including shipping costs if possible
  • Backlighting: yes
  • Size: TKL
  • Use: gaming, typing
  • USB/ PS2: PS2 pref
  • Macro keys: no
  • Media keys: no
  • Layout: ISO (Italian pref but everything is fine)
  • Switch type: brown

If you were willing to spend the money:

http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/italian-filco-majestouch-2-tenkeyless-nkr-keyboards.asp
post #616 of 2353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm84 View Post

If you were willing to spend the money:

http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/italian-filco-majestouch-2-tenkeyless-nkr-keyboards.asp

Ok, anyway do you know if any of the Ducky supports PS2?
If they don't, is it a big deal (the only other USB device i would be using is my mouse)? Or could you suggest me another keyboard with backlighting and these features?
Thank you.
post #617 of 2353
  • Location: USA
  • Any keyboards you currently have in mind: Logitech g710+ but i wanted red switches.
  • Price:0-120~
  • Backlighting (yes (colour?)/ no ):yes white
  • Size (60%, TKL, full size etc):full size
  • Use (games/ programming/ typing etc): gaming(MMO, racing)
  • USB/ PS2: USB
  • KRO: 3+
  • Macro keys (yes/ no): yes
  • Media keys (yes/ no): preferred yes
  • Layout (US/ ANSI, etc):US
  • Switch type (if not known complete the questions below): Red
  • *Noise level (high/low):
  • *Tactility (yes/ no):
  • *Stiffness (high/ low):
Let it Snow
(22 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 920 @ 3.45GHz Asus P6T MSI Radeon HD 7950 TwinFrozr III OC Edition MSI Radeon HD 7950 TwinFrozr III OC Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
12 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital Green 3TB IntelliPower WD30EZRX 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 22x DVD burner Cooler Master V8 Windows 8 x64 22" LG monitor 1080p 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
22" LG monitor 1080p 22" LG monitor 1080p Logitech G15 gaming keyboard Antec EA-750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition Logitech G500 Razer Sphex Sound Blaster Fatality recon 3D 
AudioOther
Logitech Z623 2.1 Ambx ambient lighting system 
GraphicsOSMonitorKeyboard
EVGA GeForce 8800 GT SuperClocked Windows 8 x64 Envision Professional editing 19" non-widescreen  Logitech g15 v1 Pink LEDs 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsiar CX600M Aspire X cruiser Logitech G7 Logitech 2.0 speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
Let it Snow
(22 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 920 @ 3.45GHz Asus P6T MSI Radeon HD 7950 TwinFrozr III OC Edition MSI Radeon HD 7950 TwinFrozr III OC Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
12 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital Green 3TB IntelliPower WD30EZRX 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 22x DVD burner Cooler Master V8 Windows 8 x64 22" LG monitor 1080p 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
22" LG monitor 1080p 22" LG monitor 1080p Logitech G15 gaming keyboard Antec EA-750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition Logitech G500 Razer Sphex Sound Blaster Fatality recon 3D 
AudioOther
Logitech Z623 2.1 Ambx ambient lighting system 
GraphicsOSMonitorKeyboard
EVGA GeForce 8800 GT SuperClocked Windows 8 x64 Envision Professional editing 19" non-widescreen  Logitech g15 v1 Pink LEDs 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsiar CX600M Aspire X cruiser Logitech G7 Logitech 2.0 speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #618 of 2353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerboy View Post

  • Location: USA
  • Any keyboards you currently have in mind: Logitech g710+ but i wanted red switches.
  • Price:0-120~
  • Backlighting (yes (colour?)/ no ):yes white
  • Size (60%, TKL, full size etc):full size
  • Use (games/ programming/ typing etc): gaming(MMO, racing)
  • USB/ PS2: USB
  • KRO: 3+
  • Macro keys (yes/ no): yes
  • Media keys (yes/ no): preferred yes
  • Layout (US/ ANSI, etc):US
  • Switch type (if not known complete the questions below): Red
  • *Noise level (high/low):
  • *Tactility (yes/ no):
  • *Stiffness (high/ low):

Corsair k95 ( macro keys ) or the k70 ( no macro keys ) $150/$130 resp.
post #619 of 2353
Thanks Jixr the k95 looks perfect for me smile.gif
Let it Snow
(22 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 920 @ 3.45GHz Asus P6T MSI Radeon HD 7950 TwinFrozr III OC Edition MSI Radeon HD 7950 TwinFrozr III OC Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
12 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital Green 3TB IntelliPower WD30EZRX 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 22x DVD burner Cooler Master V8 Windows 8 x64 22" LG monitor 1080p 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
22" LG monitor 1080p 22" LG monitor 1080p Logitech G15 gaming keyboard Antec EA-750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition Logitech G500 Razer Sphex Sound Blaster Fatality recon 3D 
AudioOther
Logitech Z623 2.1 Ambx ambient lighting system 
GraphicsOSMonitorKeyboard
EVGA GeForce 8800 GT SuperClocked Windows 8 x64 Envision Professional editing 19" non-widescreen  Logitech g15 v1 Pink LEDs 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsiar CX600M Aspire X cruiser Logitech G7 Logitech 2.0 speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
Let it Snow
(22 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 920 @ 3.45GHz Asus P6T MSI Radeon HD 7950 TwinFrozr III OC Edition MSI Radeon HD 7950 TwinFrozr III OC Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
12 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital Green 3TB IntelliPower WD30EZRX 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 22x DVD burner Cooler Master V8 Windows 8 x64 22" LG monitor 1080p 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
22" LG monitor 1080p 22" LG monitor 1080p Logitech G15 gaming keyboard Antec EA-750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition Logitech G500 Razer Sphex Sound Blaster Fatality recon 3D 
AudioOther
Logitech Z623 2.1 Ambx ambient lighting system 
GraphicsOSMonitorKeyboard
EVGA GeForce 8800 GT SuperClocked Windows 8 x64 Envision Professional editing 19" non-widescreen  Logitech g15 v1 Pink LEDs 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsiar CX600M Aspire X cruiser Logitech G7 Logitech 2.0 speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #620 of 2353
  • Location: US
  • Any keyboards you currently have in mind: Caught my eye, but don't fully like: Corsair K70/75/95, Nighthawk X8, Ducky Shine 3, Ducky Shine 3 YOTS
  • Price: ~$200
  • Backlighting (yes (colour?)/ no ): Yes, white. White, not a harsh, bright, blinding blue.
  • Size (60%, TKL, full size etc): Full size
  • Use (games/ programming/ typing etc): Games, programming, typing
  • USB/ PS2: USB
  • KRO: More than six
  • Macro keys (yes/ no): No, but nice to have.
  • Media keys (yes/ no): Don't care.
  • Layout (US/ ANSI, etc): US
  • Switch type (if not known complete the questions below): Brown or black preferred. Red is acceptable.

I'd prefer minimal branding. The giant logo that's front and center on Corsair models really puts me off. The Nighthawk X8 frame has a rubberized finish that will just be a dirt magnet.

The Ducky comes closest to appeasing my aesthetic demands thus far. I'm not liking that snake on the space bar, but I can change it out. The aluminum would be great if it was painted black. The only real thing I hold against it is that it doesn't have a wrist rest. I could buy one, but it wouldn't look integrated like it does on Corsair and Logitech models.

So now I come to you all. Is there something like the Ducky Shine III with a design that incorporates a wrist rest?
Edited by stn0092 - 11/15/13 at 12:54am
LancelotX79
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K @ 4.2 GHz ASRock Extreme 6 X79 AMD Radeon HD 7970 Crossfire 16 GB Samsung (1866 MHz, 9-9-10-24-84 1T) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 128 GB Samsung 830 2x 1 TB WD Black, 1 TB WD Green Samsung Writemaster DVD Corsair H80, 2x GT AP-15 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional x64 Yamakasi Q271 (2560x1440) Samsung 2493HM (1920x1200) Ducky Shine 3 YOTS Black 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX1000W Lian Li A70B Logitech G9 ASUS Xonar DSX 
  hide details  
Reply
LancelotX79
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K @ 4.2 GHz ASRock Extreme 6 X79 AMD Radeon HD 7970 Crossfire 16 GB Samsung (1866 MHz, 9-9-10-24-84 1T) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 128 GB Samsung 830 2x 1 TB WD Black, 1 TB WD Green Samsung Writemaster DVD Corsair H80, 2x GT AP-15 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional x64 Yamakasi Q271 (2560x1440) Samsung 2493HM (1920x1200) Ducky Shine 3 YOTS Black 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX1000W Lian Li A70B Logitech G9 ASUS Xonar DSX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Keyboard Suggestion Thread