Originally Posted by DizZz
Why not wait for haswell?
Originally Posted by WorldExclusive
It's wise to wait a few months after Haswell is released for Intel to release an updated fix for the USB bug.
Also better motherboards will be released months after also. After Sandy, I'll be cautious about being an early adopter again.
What he said...
In my specific case I have a 2500K, and of course Haswell is a good upgrade for me NOW, but I also have a 3770K waiting to be unboxed when this project takes off, and as per current leaks and sources, I will not see a big enough increase in performance from that setup to Haswell to justify the early adoption price nor the concern over the bug issues, if any.
I've been on the forefront of technology that has worked flawlessly, and I've had new tech bite be so hard I wanted to take Mjolnir to it.
Thanks - T