Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX TITAN Previews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] GTX TITAN Previews - Page 4  

post #31 of 1636
Wow looks awesome. I love the fact they are bringing ultra high build quality and compute power back. I will have one of these in my sites for sure.
Main Rig
(15 items)
 
 
Living Room PC
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K @ 4800 G1 Sniper 5 GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1300MHz 16GB DDR3 @ 2200 9-11-11-31 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2TB Hitatchi HDD 1TB Samsung 840 EVO samsung DVDRW DL Custom Water loop 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 64 LG 27" 1080p EVGA 1000P Corsair 700D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K @ 5000 Z77X-UP7 GTX770 2x4GB DDR3 7-8-7-21 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Velociraptor 250GB 840Evo DVD Burner Coolermaster hyper 212+ 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 x64 OCZ GameXtreme 700W  Dimastech mini v1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600 Asus P8Z77-V Pro GTX580 8GB DDR3 @ 1600 9-9-9 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2TB hitachi 500GB 850EVO Blue Ray Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 64` 42" Panasonic Plasma TX650 Tuniq Tower 3 
  hide details  
Main Rig
(15 items)
 
 
Living Room PC
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K @ 4800 G1 Sniper 5 GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1300MHz 16GB DDR3 @ 2200 9-11-11-31 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2TB Hitatchi HDD 1TB Samsung 840 EVO samsung DVDRW DL Custom Water loop 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 64 LG 27" 1080p EVGA 1000P Corsair 700D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K @ 5000 Z77X-UP7 GTX770 2x4GB DDR3 7-8-7-21 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Velociraptor 250GB 840Evo DVD Burner Coolermaster hyper 212+ 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 x64 OCZ GameXtreme 700W  Dimastech mini v1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600 Asus P8Z77-V Pro GTX580 8GB DDR3 @ 1600 9-9-9 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2TB hitachi 500GB 850EVO Blue Ray Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 64` 42" Panasonic Plasma TX650 Tuniq Tower 3 
  hide details  
post #32 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

I talk to Nvidia almost weekly and I guarantee you, that's not why.

Enthusiasts make up 5% of the total GPU market...About 2.5% of Nvidia's total market.

Yes, occasionally, a "battle" swings are way but, it's because vendors demand better of Nvidia not, particularly because of the consumer. In fact, word on the street is that EVGA put up such a fight as well as MSI, we should be thanking them dearly...

Don't for a second, ever believe, they're tailoring a product to us specifically because quite frankly, they make 5x the cash in the mobile market then they ever have off of us. -- Not to mention the server market...We're very simply, the icing on the cake.

I'm just being a realist...
The NDA isn't lifted so, I'm not going to say much more but, you're much better off waiting if you're going gaming.

If you're folding and you fold + game, spend the $$$$ but, if you're just gaming, I'd wait.

Good posts in general :up: . I came to the conclusion as well (as a gamer) that I'm indeed probably better off, as you said, waiting for the new series coming soon enough (I've heard April... we'll see!).
The Sig Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4.xghz MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) MSI GTX 970 Gaming SLI @ 1504mhz core/8020mhz m... 16GB DDR3 2x 8gb @ 1866mhz C8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
240GB Sandisk Extreme A few 2tb hdd's. DVDRW Corsair H75 CLC on the CPU 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ACER B326hk 4k 60hz 3840x2160 IPS sst display Coolermaster Cherry MX Brown switch mechanical ... Corsair TX 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl Logitech MX518 EverGlide Titan "Medium" Soundblaster Z PCIE 
  hide details  
The Sig Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4.xghz MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) MSI GTX 970 Gaming SLI @ 1504mhz core/8020mhz m... 16GB DDR3 2x 8gb @ 1866mhz C8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
240GB Sandisk Extreme A few 2tb hdd's. DVDRW Corsair H75 CLC on the CPU 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ACER B326hk 4k 60hz 3840x2160 IPS sst display Coolermaster Cherry MX Brown switch mechanical ... Corsair TX 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl Logitech MX518 EverGlide Titan "Medium" Soundblaster Z PCIE 
  hide details  
post #33 of 1636
Well - the fact that different vendors may offer different iterations of this card basically brings up one simple question:

To wait or not to wait for the Lightning Titan?
post #34 of 1636
Quote:
Titan is also going to be NVIDIA’s entry-level compute card. We’ll dive more into why that is in a bit in our feature breakdown, but the biggest factor is that for the first time on any consumer-level NVIDIA card, double precision (FP64) performance is uncapped. That means 1/3 FP32 performance, or roughly 1.3TFLOPS theoretical FP64 performance. NVIDIA has taken other liberties to keep from this being treated as a cheap Tesla K20, but for lighter workloads it should fit the bill.

Concerned about the last sentence... here's to hoping it's not a total loss there.
The Main One.
(17 items)
 
The Other One.
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930K @ 4.4 RIVE EVGA Titan X (x3) Vengeance 1866 - 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
RAID0 4 x SanDisk Extreme II RAID0 4 x SanDisk Extreme II RAID0 2 x Corsair Force 120GB  Hitachi Deskstar 4TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Green 3TB Corsair H100 + 2 x GT1850RPM Pull Windows 8.1 Pro Acer Predator XB270HU x 2 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Corsair K60 Corsair AX1200i 800D Schiit Magni Modi 
Audio
Sennheiser HD380PRO 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.8 ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME EVGA 780 Ti SC x 2 EVGA Titan 
RAMCoolingOSKeyboard
Corsair Vengeance® - 16GB Dual Channel Kit Corsair H100 Windows 8.1 Logitech Media Keyboard 600 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G500 
  hide details  
The Main One.
(17 items)
 
The Other One.
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930K @ 4.4 RIVE EVGA Titan X (x3) Vengeance 1866 - 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
RAID0 4 x SanDisk Extreme II RAID0 4 x SanDisk Extreme II RAID0 2 x Corsair Force 120GB  Hitachi Deskstar 4TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Green 3TB Corsair H100 + 2 x GT1850RPM Pull Windows 8.1 Pro Acer Predator XB270HU x 2 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Corsair K60 Corsair AX1200i 800D Schiit Magni Modi 
Audio
Sennheiser HD380PRO 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.8 ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME EVGA 780 Ti SC x 2 EVGA Titan 
RAMCoolingOSKeyboard
Corsair Vengeance® - 16GB Dual Channel Kit Corsair H100 Windows 8.1 Logitech Media Keyboard 600 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G500 
  hide details  
post #35 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post

Anyone else notice the low target power available?

Mine is at 200%. Maybe because the card you have in there now is locked?
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
post #36 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

I talk to Nvidia almost weekly and I guarantee you, that's not why.

Enthusiasts make up 5% of the total GPU market...About 2.5% of Nvidia's total market.

Yes, occasionally, a "battle" swings are way but, it's because vendors demand better of Nvidia not, particularly because of the consumer. In fact, word on the street is that EVGA put up such a fight as well as MSI, we should be thanking them dearly...

Don't for a second, ever believe, they're tailoring a product to us specifically because quite frankly, they make 5x the cash in the mobile market then they ever have off of us. -- Not to mention the server market...We're very simply, the icing on the cake.

I'm just being a realist...

I'm not contradicting you on the 5% market figure for enthusiasts, what I'm saying is that the image of a brand has a big percentage of top to bottom prestige build. People look at what a brand is doing at the high end to look for what might be the company's future. Why do you think most mass market car manufacturers have one or more luxury brands ? It gives them prestige, that even indirectly benefits the mainstream brand, and also technical advancements you are more likely to do at the high end that later come to the mainstream. Heck, now some manufacturers are even copying some of the looks from their luxury brands to make the mainstream more appealing.

And, of course, you didn't address Nvidia's monitor overclocking section on AnandTech because it doesn't fit you rationale. Of course enthusiasts are a minority of the market, but they are far more important than their marketshare.
Edited by tpi2007 - 2/19/13 at 6:41am
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
post #37 of 1636
Unboxing video

PS: I haven't checked the other topic in a while, so I don't know if this was posted before.
post #38 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Negative Negative Negative

Rain cloud over my head

I want to hear you say one positive thing in this thread for me to take you seriously.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2500k @ 4.9Ghz Asus p8z68-v/gen3 EVGA 780TI Classified @ 1400Mhz EVGA 780TI Classified @ 1400Mhz 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB Gskill RipjawsX DDR3 @ 1866 4x 500GB WD + 128GB Crucial M4 1x DVD-RW Swiftech H320 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 8.1 64bit Crossover 27Q-P+ +(2)Dell P2211H + (2) 24" 1200... Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Black NZXT Switch 810 SteelSeries Sensei  Ripper XXL FIIO E5 + Vmoda M100's with BLU Yeti on ISO Mount 
  hide details  
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2500k @ 4.9Ghz Asus p8z68-v/gen3 EVGA 780TI Classified @ 1400Mhz EVGA 780TI Classified @ 1400Mhz 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB Gskill RipjawsX DDR3 @ 1866 4x 500GB WD + 128GB Crucial M4 1x DVD-RW Swiftech H320 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 8.1 64bit Crossover 27Q-P+ +(2)Dell P2211H + (2) 24" 1200... Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Black NZXT Switch 810 SteelSeries Sensei  Ripper XXL FIIO E5 + Vmoda M100's with BLU Yeti on ISO Mount 
  hide details  
post #39 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

I talk to Nvidia almost weekly and I guarantee you, that's not why.

Enthusiasts make up 5% of the total GPU market...About 2.5% of Nvidia's total market.

Yes, occasionally, a "battle" swings are way but, it's because vendors demand better of Nvidia not, particularly because of the consumer. In fact, word on the street is that EVGA put up such a fight as well as MSI, we should be thanking them dearly...

Don't for a second, ever believe, they're tailoring a product to us specifically because quite frankly, they make 5x the cash in the mobile market then they ever have off of us. -- Not to mention the server market...We're very simply, the icing on the cake.

I'm just being a realist...
The NDA isn't lifted so, I'm not going to say much more but, you're much better off waiting if you're going gaming.

If you're folding and you fold + game, spend the $$$$ but, if you're just gaming, I'd wait.


Are you hinting at the fact that a GTX 780 COULD be better than the Titan?

PS: GPUZ on tomshardware says the release date is 2-21-13 biggrin.gif
Edited by Shiftstealth - 2/19/13 at 6:45am
Desktop!
(13 items)
 
Spare Gaming Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k @ 4.9Ghz Z270 Taichi eVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 G.Skill Flare X 16GB 3200CL14 @ 3466CL14 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
256GB Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 Evo NZXT Kraken X52 Dell S2417DG 165Hz 1440p G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ornata Corsair 750 RM Phanteks Evolv ATX Logitech G602 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz Asus MAXIMUS VII GENE GTX 980 Ti @ 1400 Mhz 4 x 4GB (16GB) Corsair LPX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB Seagate 1TB RAID HDD Cosair H240 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPower
Asus P278Q Razer BlackWidow Corsair 650W 
  hide details  
Desktop!
(13 items)
 
Spare Gaming Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k @ 4.9Ghz Z270 Taichi eVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 G.Skill Flare X 16GB 3200CL14 @ 3466CL14 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
256GB Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 Evo NZXT Kraken X52 Dell S2417DG 165Hz 1440p G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ornata Corsair 750 RM Phanteks Evolv ATX Logitech G602 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz Asus MAXIMUS VII GENE GTX 980 Ti @ 1400 Mhz 4 x 4GB (16GB) Corsair LPX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB Seagate 1TB RAID HDD Cosair H240 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPower
Asus P278Q Razer BlackWidow Corsair 650W 
  hide details  
post #40 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftstealth View Post

Are you hinting at the fact that a GTX 780 COULD be better than the Titan?


No idea, but it certainly will be more "affordable" (if you can call $500 cards affordable heh).
The Sig Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4.xghz MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) MSI GTX 970 Gaming SLI @ 1504mhz core/8020mhz m... 16GB DDR3 2x 8gb @ 1866mhz C8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
240GB Sandisk Extreme A few 2tb hdd's. DVDRW Corsair H75 CLC on the CPU 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ACER B326hk 4k 60hz 3840x2160 IPS sst display Coolermaster Cherry MX Brown switch mechanical ... Corsair TX 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl Logitech MX518 EverGlide Titan "Medium" Soundblaster Z PCIE 
  hide details  
The Sig Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4.xghz MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) MSI GTX 970 Gaming SLI @ 1504mhz core/8020mhz m... 16GB DDR3 2x 8gb @ 1866mhz C8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
240GB Sandisk Extreme A few 2tb hdd's. DVDRW Corsair H75 CLC on the CPU 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ACER B326hk 4k 60hz 3840x2160 IPS sst display Coolermaster Cherry MX Brown switch mechanical ... Corsair TX 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl Logitech MX518 EverGlide Titan "Medium" Soundblaster Z PCIE 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX TITAN Previews