Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX TITAN Previews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] GTX TITAN Previews - Page 88  

post #871 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyedi View Post

That would make a lot more sense. It would actually also seem to lend some credence to the claims that it's overpriced, though. Consider that a 780 would offer more performance than a 680. That would reduce Titan's lead, if the 780 launches at $500. It's a question of when the 780 launches, though. The closer to today is launches, the more overpriced Titan is, because that is what product the Titan essentially should be competing against, given that it's launching what is typically a product cycle later. The 680 is not what we should be comparing it to, and thus the frustrations people are having with the price.

I'm willing to bet the 780 won't have voltage control or it will be limited to 1.2v. Which really is a slap in the face, but it is what it is.

If that's the case, I see Titan still being very exciting to people willing to drop $1000 on a GPU... even if 780 is only ~30% slower at stock.
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
post #872 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyedi View Post

That would make a lot more sense. It would actually also seem to lend some credence to the claims that it's overpriced, though. Consider that a 780 would offer more performance than a 680. That would reduce Titan's lead, if the 780 launches at $500. It's a question of when the 780 launches, though. The closer to today is launches, the more overpriced Titan is, because that is what product the Titan essentially should be competing against, given that it's launching what is typically a product cycle later. The 680 is not what we should be comparing it to, and thus the frustrations people are having with the price.

Good point on the performance difference between the titan and 780. So an alternative may be that when the 780 launches, we'll see a price drop in the titan? Just speculating...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usario View Post

Expensive watches are expensive because they're made with precious metals that are expensive. They cost a lot of money to produce and therefore cost a lot of money.

Supercars cost a lot because 1) they cost a lot to produce and 2) for the intended market (people who can actually drive that fast) they are worth the premium.

Uh I disagree with both of those. The Audi R8 does not cost a lot to produce, it started as a parts bin thing made of different parts from Audi's different arms. And people who can actually drive that fast? There's a few places in the world they can legally drive that fast, and yet these cars are owned all around the world, most of the time by old people, who never drive fast. Your logic is flawed. They're worth the premium because of the EXCLUSIVITY. Yes there's a lot to be said about the performance, but most of it will go unused in like 70% of all units sold, so clearly that's not the driving factor.
Project Taco
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Z87 G1 Sniper 5 EVGA 780 TI Classified EVGA 780 TI Classified 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Avexir Core Series 4x4GB White Samsung 840 EVO Corsair H100i Noiseblocker eLoops 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 QNIX QX2710 QNIX QX2710 KBT Pure MX Whites 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA Supernova 1000W Gold NZXT H440 Func MS-3 O2/ODAC 
Audio
MrSpeakers Mad Dogs (Fostex T50RP Mod) 
  hide details  
Project Taco
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Z87 G1 Sniper 5 EVGA 780 TI Classified EVGA 780 TI Classified 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Avexir Core Series 4x4GB White Samsung 840 EVO Corsair H100i Noiseblocker eLoops 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 QNIX QX2710 QNIX QX2710 KBT Pure MX Whites 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA Supernova 1000W Gold NZXT H440 Func MS-3 O2/ODAC 
Audio
MrSpeakers Mad Dogs (Fostex T50RP Mod) 
  hide details  
post #873 of 1636
Just because something sounds high end and is priced high end, it doesn't make it high end.

The 680 was a mid-range chip that should have been sold for $299 and the 780 is a refinement of that. But we all know that Nvidia will charge another ~$500 for the 780 when it should be priced at $299, which is why a true flagship like the Titan (which should be selling for ~$650 due to the extra RAM is selling for $1000.

Why don`t you guys get it? They're giving us less and less hamburger for more money.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel Core i7] [*T] [Intel iGPU] [*] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[*] [Windows 7 Professional 64-bit] [Samsung SyncMaster P2770FH 27" 1080P] [Logitech MK320 cordless] 
PowerCaseMouse
[Corsair AX1200] [Corsair Obsidian 800D] [Logitech MK300 cordless] 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel Core i7] [*T] [Intel iGPU] [*] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[*] [Windows 7 Professional 64-bit] [Samsung SyncMaster P2770FH 27" 1080P] [Logitech MK320 cordless] 
PowerCaseMouse
[Corsair AX1200] [Corsair Obsidian 800D] [Logitech MK300 cordless] 
  hide details  
post #874 of 1636
Where are you getting these costs from? Are you even factoring R&D into the picture let alone all the other factors that go into running a business?
post #875 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by i7monkey View Post

Just because something sounds high end and is priced high end, it doesn't make it high end.

The 680 was a mid-range chip that should have been sold for $299 and the 780 is a refinement of that. But we all know that Nvidia will charge another ~$500 for the 780 when it should be priced at $299, which is why a true flagship like the Titan (which should be selling for ~$650 due to the extra RAM is selling for $1000.

Why don`t you guys get it? They're giving us less and less hamburger for more money.

Now that I think about it, who are we to decide what should be priced where? Because this was a mid range chip? That's a tired argument, it competes with AMD's high end, and they were having issues with the GK110 at the time, would you rather they did nothing? Fact is they price it according to market, not according to internal costs alone. It's called capitalism, deal with it lol. You don't like it? Your best way to protest is to not buy it.
Project Taco
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Z87 G1 Sniper 5 EVGA 780 TI Classified EVGA 780 TI Classified 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Avexir Core Series 4x4GB White Samsung 840 EVO Corsair H100i Noiseblocker eLoops 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 QNIX QX2710 QNIX QX2710 KBT Pure MX Whites 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA Supernova 1000W Gold NZXT H440 Func MS-3 O2/ODAC 
Audio
MrSpeakers Mad Dogs (Fostex T50RP Mod) 
  hide details  
Project Taco
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Z87 G1 Sniper 5 EVGA 780 TI Classified EVGA 780 TI Classified 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Avexir Core Series 4x4GB White Samsung 840 EVO Corsair H100i Noiseblocker eLoops 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 QNIX QX2710 QNIX QX2710 KBT Pure MX Whites 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA Supernova 1000W Gold NZXT H440 Func MS-3 O2/ODAC 
Audio
MrSpeakers Mad Dogs (Fostex T50RP Mod) 
  hide details  
post #876 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by i7monkey View Post

Why don`t you guys get it? They're giving us less and less hamburger for more money.

So is the grocery store.
post #877 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfc89 View Post

Breaking news everybody. You don't have to buy a Titan. But please stop flooding this thread with reasons why you won't buy it or mostly simply can't afford it. We are all sorry for you and wish you could join the fun. But thats life. Since Ive joined the PC gaming world one thing immediately stood out. Its fairly cheap to have the best of whats available compared to other electronic or entertaiment hobbies. Do you have any idea what it cost to have the best home audio speakers or amp? Hundreds of thousands of dollars. Or how about the best projector for a home theater. Try 150 grand. A thousand dollar gpu is nothing especially since its giving you the best. We are extremely fortunate to have the best be so affordable. It could be much much worse.
trolling again... Funny to think i actually respected your opinion at some point.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
A guy who buys pre-built PCs probably wouldn't know much about value to begin with.

it seems like all your posts have something to do with your money, noone cares... quit acting like such a snob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

So is the grocery store.
They don't raise the price by 100% in 1 year, this isn't Zimbabwe bro
Bender
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5-2500k @ 4.6Ghz Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Sapphire AMD R9 290X Tri-X (1050/1300mhz)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 (How do you OC?) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
8GB 1600Mhz OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus MG279Q Logitech G510  Corsair TX750 CM II 690 Advanced 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
CM Sentinel Advance  some big corsair one beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 Ohm SoundBlaster Z Soundcard 
  hide details  
Bender
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5-2500k @ 4.6Ghz Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Sapphire AMD R9 290X Tri-X (1050/1300mhz)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 (How do you OC?) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
8GB 1600Mhz OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus MG279Q Logitech G510  Corsair TX750 CM II 690 Advanced 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
CM Sentinel Advance  some big corsair one beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 Ohm SoundBlaster Z Soundcard 
  hide details  
post #878 of 1636
Gimme 7680x1440 benchmarks and I will evalute the cost vs performance of this card.

Anybody who is screaming about the price at this point.... shouldn't. There is no competition and thus prices can be controlled.

Until then bottom down and just start praying for a third party to enter the GPU market.
Hydra
(13 items)
 
Hydra 2
(23 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930k @4.4ghz@1.44v Asrock X79 Fataility Champion 3xInno3d GTX 780 with Full Nickel EK Waterblocks Gskill RipjawsX 4x4GB@2400mhz 11-11-11-31 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2xSamsung 830 256gb Custom H2O - 3x XSPC RX360 with EK Blocks Surround Gaming 3x1440@96hz (X-Star) Cooler Master Trigger Red Caps 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic 1250 watt Danger Den Double Wide 21 Roccat Kone+ Creative ZX (Incoming) 
Audio
Roccat Kave 5.1 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Asus Extreme Black Edition Sapphire R9 290x Sapphire R9 290x 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Sapphire R9 290x Sapphire R9 290x Gskil TridentX 2400mhz Samsung 830 256GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 500GB EK Supramacy 4x EK Blocks 6x EK XTX480 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK XT360 Windows 8.1 BenQ 3201 32in 4k IPS Qnix 32in 1440 MVA 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 32in 1440 MVA Coolermaster Storm Trigger 2x Seasonic 1250watt Case Labs TH10 
MouseAudioAudio
Roccat Kone Creative ZX AKG K7XX 
  hide details  
Hydra
(13 items)
 
Hydra 2
(23 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930k @4.4ghz@1.44v Asrock X79 Fataility Champion 3xInno3d GTX 780 with Full Nickel EK Waterblocks Gskill RipjawsX 4x4GB@2400mhz 11-11-11-31 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2xSamsung 830 256gb Custom H2O - 3x XSPC RX360 with EK Blocks Surround Gaming 3x1440@96hz (X-Star) Cooler Master Trigger Red Caps 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic 1250 watt Danger Den Double Wide 21 Roccat Kone+ Creative ZX (Incoming) 
Audio
Roccat Kave 5.1 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Asus Extreme Black Edition Sapphire R9 290x Sapphire R9 290x 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Sapphire R9 290x Sapphire R9 290x Gskil TridentX 2400mhz Samsung 830 256GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 500GB EK Supramacy 4x EK Blocks 6x EK XTX480 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK XT360 Windows 8.1 BenQ 3201 32in 4k IPS Qnix 32in 1440 MVA 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 32in 1440 MVA Coolermaster Storm Trigger 2x Seasonic 1250watt Case Labs TH10 
MouseAudioAudio
Roccat Kone Creative ZX AKG K7XX 
  hide details  
post #879 of 1636
Damn its so annoying waiting for the benches ph34r-smiley.gif
post #880 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3illusiveman View Post

They don't raise the price by 100% in 1 year, this isn't Zimbabwe bro

They may have created a new tier, but they didn't raise the price of anything. The GTX 680 is still $500. Again, not the GTX 780 we're talking about here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX TITAN Previews