Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX TITAN Previews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] GTX TITAN Previews - Page 95  

post #941 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hukkel View Post

Which is still sad for AMD then. They have the betetr performing cards for the same money or lower money and still cannot win.

Nobody should feel sad for AMD. Aren't they getting all of the console business and spending most of their efforts on that. If that is the case they opened up the opportunity for Nvidia to pounce on a hungry market. Lets face it, 4 months ago we were expecting a whole new lineup from both camps. Instead, it could be the Titan, or nothing, for nearly a whole calender year. This is another reason why Nvida would be stupid not to release the 700 Series in the next month or two, and then release the new architecture this time next year. If done correctly they could have a choke hold on AMD (in the PC market), and it would be AMD's own fault.
post #942 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishy714 View Post

Anyone else find it hilarious that there is so much uproar about a card who's performance we really don't know anything about? Sure, we have some "leaked" slides and some people saying that its not as fast as the 690 - however, they make no mention about stock/oc/anything.

What happens IF this TITAN comes out and overclocked BEATS a 690 in most situations? Would everyone change their minds then, or would this still be "OMG NVIDIA IS BAD"? I would venture to say that MOST people on these forums see the TITAN is being a expensive - sure, no one WANTS to spend $1,000 on anything - but the difference is in VALUE. All the people complaining and bickering are basically saying that this card is a terrible value/performance, that the 690 is more powerful (not proven yet) and costs the same and thus that is better. The thing that they are not getting through their heads is that GAMING is only ONE of the sides of this card.

Sure, it is 85% of the performance of a 690, but it also consumes less power, produces less heat, over-clocks & over-volts, has 6gb of RAM, and 4x the compute. WHO the hell are these people to tell the rest of the community that these other features don't warrant a higher cost? Honestly, who the hell do they think they are telling me that "6gb is overkill" and "4x compute isn't worth it"? Nvidia - A MULTI-BILLION dollar company - did their homework: they went out and saw how much this card would sell for at the quantity they wanted to sell and priced it as such. 3rd grade economics explains this.. If you TRULY and HONESTLY believe that this card is not worth the $1,000 asking price, then speak up with your wallet and don't buy it. IF enough people believe the same thing - the people that performance like this is aimed at - and don't buy it, guess what? Price will come down. IF AMD suddenly came out with a KRAKEN gpu and priced it at $600 that matched the TITAN, guess what? Price will come down. Its not about Nvidia being a big bully and pricing this card because they are stealing money (that's just ridiculous) - its about making the biggest profit while selling their desired amount of units. So, if it is in fact the CONSUMERS that determine cost - all of you need to be mad at the people for buying it right?

I then go back to my other point - You are going to be upset at me for spending MY money on what I feel is a good investment for ME and what I plan on doing with it? Get the Fu** out. Honestly, all this commotion is coming from those who don't feel this card is good for them and what they would use it for and making sure the world knows about it and putting people down for feeling otherwise. Grow the hell up - make your point, say what you want to say and leave it at that. No need to bicker and moan about something you don't necessarily agree with.

So, is your RANT any different than anyone else's, albeit cloacked in self serving argument? No one is telling anyone what to do...take a chill pill
post #943 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishy714 View Post

Anyone else find it hilarious that there is so much uproar about a card who's performance we really don't know anything about? Sure, we have some "leaked" slides and some people saying that its not as fast as the 690 - however, they make no mention about stock/oc/anything.

What happens IF this TITAN comes out and overclocked BEATS a 690 in most situations? Would everyone change their minds then, or would this still be "OMG NVIDIA IS BAD"? I would venture to say that MOST people on these forums see the TITAN is being a expensive - sure, no one WANTS to spend $1,000 on anything - but the difference is in VALUE. All the people complaining and bickering are basically saying that this card is a terrible value/performance, that the 690 is more powerful (not proven yet) and costs the same and thus that is better. The thing that they are not getting through their heads is that GAMING is only ONE of the sides of this card.

Sure, it is 85% of the performance of a 690, but it also consumes less power, produces less heat, over-clocks & over-volts, has 6gb of RAM, and 4x the compute. WHO the hell are these people to tell the rest of the community that these other features don't warrant a higher cost? Honestly, who the hell do they think they are telling me that "6gb is overkill" and "4x compute isn't worth it"? Nvidia - A MULTI-BILLION dollar company - did their homework: they went out and saw how much this card would sell for at the quantity they wanted to sell and priced it as such. 3rd grade economics explains this.. If you TRULY and HONESTLY believe that this card is not worth the $1,000 asking price, then speak up with your wallet and don't buy it. IF enough people believe the same thing - the people that performance like this is aimed at - and don't buy it, guess what? Price will come down. IF AMD suddenly came out with a KRAKEN gpu and priced it at $600 that matched the TITAN, guess what? Price will come down. Its not about Nvidia being a big bully and pricing this card because they are stealing money (that's just ridiculous) - its about making the biggest profit while selling their desired amount of units. So, if it is in fact the CONSUMERS that determine cost - all of you need to be mad at the people for buying it right?

I then go back to my other point - You are going to be upset at me for spending MY money on what I feel is a good investment for ME and what I plan on doing with it? Get the Fu** out. Honestly, all this commotion is coming from those who don't feel this card is good for them and what they would use it for and making sure the world knows about it and putting people down for feeling otherwise. Grow the hell up - make your point, say what you want to say and leave it at that. No need to bicker and moan about something you don't necessarily agree with.

I agree with you, but one thing concerns me. It seems like Nvidia is going out of their way to market this as a gaming card, and specifically not marketing it as a compute card. In some of their language it is almost like they are talking bad about the compute abilities to push it as a gaming card. If this is the then we need to treat it solely as a gaming card, and the compute ability is a freebie thrown in. Also, when I see the terms "compute ability has been crippled", that makes me wonder about its real world compute ability.
post #944 of 1636
Havent seen these in here




Watercooled Titan Tri SLI anyone?


Edited by Stay Puft - 2/20/13 at 6:09am
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
post #945 of 1636
I`m positive that Titan will beat GTX 690 is some scenarios
GTX 690 have 2x680GPUs which only have 2GB of GDDR5 each. Titan have 6GB of GDDR5, alone for 1 GPU...

Then its the whole bandwidth I just can`t wrap my head around:
GTX 690 still only have 256bit per GPU and I`m not sure if all tasks are distributed equally between the two GPUs effectively making it 512bit bus in total. Titan have 384bit alone for one GPU.

I`m not sure how all of this exactly fit together but I have a feeling we will see Titan boost ahead of GTX 690 sometimes
Edited by Cloudfire777 - 2/20/13 at 6:03am
post #946 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koniakki View Post

While I agree with Anandtech's reasons in some extend, people need to stop comparing a Titan@1176 with a stock 690.

I wanna see Titan@1176 AGAINST a GTX 680 minimum 1202-1254Mhz clocks or a GTX 690 OCed at reasonable average levels.

A heavily OCed Titan against a stock clocked(well probably it is) GTX 690 is a good way to show how CLOSE it can get to a stock 690 performance wise.. But it's just for that.
Since when people stopped buying stuff they CANNOT afford? biggrin.gif
Well if the OCed Titan beast the GTX 690 while consuming the same amount or less power I think the obvious winner would be the Titan.
post #947 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

Well if the OCed Titan beast the GTX 690 while consuming the same amount or less power I think the obvious winner would be the Titan.

Power consumption is irrelevant

Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
post #948 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiator7 View Post

So, is your RANT any different than anyone else's, albeit cloacked in self serving argument? No one is telling anyone what to do...take a chill pill

You're right - its a rant, however its not about putting people down. I'm not telling anyone that I;m better than they are cause my 690 is better and I'm not telling anyone that Nvidia is being stupid for putting this card up at 1k. Nor am I preaching the end of price per performance and that I'm peeing my pants thinking of the horrors that undeniably await us because of this card's pricing structure.

This rant is to tell everyone that is complaining that it is not so black and white, and they are no one to be putting people down and imposing their beliefs on anyone else. That's all.
post #949 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmental View Post

4x the compute is wicked.... smile.gif
I wonder how it will do @ Folding.?
I estimate it between 120k ppd and 160k ppd
post #950 of 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmental View Post

4x the compute is wicked.... smile.gif
I wonder how it will do @ Folding.?
I estimate it between 120k ppd and 160k ppd
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX TITAN Previews