Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [GameGPU] Crysis 3 Final - GPU & CPU scaling
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[GameGPU] Crysis 3 Final - GPU & CPU scaling - Page 13  

post #121 of 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post

It's nice for a change to have it the other way around, isn't it? thumb.gif

tongue.gif

Perhaps it's Crytek saying to intel 'stop holding the 6 and 8 cores' hostage and in the high end segment and giving us HT as a half-arse replacement. If it was so AMD biased then the 6 core intel's wouldn't be on top, but it's not the case. thumb.gif

This is like Nvidia's TWIMTBP shenanigans, it just so happens amd makes cpu's and gpu's

Intel's hexacores are on top due to a much higher IPC than the 8350, with all cores below 50% usage @stock, SB-E didn't even begin to flex all it's muscles. I'm no programmer so I don't know if it's at all possible but it seems that while they optimized the game to take advantage of all 8 cores in the FX line, they didn't do the same for HT, if they did I'd imagine the numbers would look like every other heavily threaded app benchmark, with the 3770k > 8350 > 3570k.
Warchief
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.5 ghz - 1.280v Asus Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 Corsair Vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB Seagate 31000528AS 1tb LG DVDRW Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro Dell S2340L 23" Corsair K50 Sentey Golden Steel Power 850W 
CaseMouse
Corsair Carbide 500R Corsair M95 
  hide details  
Warchief
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.5 ghz - 1.280v Asus Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 Corsair Vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB Seagate 31000528AS 1tb LG DVDRW Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro Dell S2340L 23" Corsair K50 Sentey Golden Steel Power 850W 
CaseMouse
Corsair Carbide 500R Corsair M95 
  hide details  
post #122 of 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage101 View Post

What's "glad to see" about 7970 and 680 getting less than 50fps @ 1080P. I for 1 would like to see the 7970s and 680s getting 60+fps @ 1080P and my gtx 460 @ least 30fps.

Getting low FPS due to bad programming/bad port is one thing, having a game that at ultra settings is so gorgeous that will bring even the most expensive cards in the market to it's knees is something all PC gamers should want (as long as it's playable in lower settings in older systems), this is the reason we build beasts as opposed to buying consoles.
Warchief
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.5 ghz - 1.280v Asus Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 Corsair Vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB Seagate 31000528AS 1tb LG DVDRW Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro Dell S2340L 23" Corsair K50 Sentey Golden Steel Power 850W 
CaseMouse
Corsair Carbide 500R Corsair M95 
  hide details  
Warchief
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.5 ghz - 1.280v Asus Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 Corsair Vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB Seagate 31000528AS 1tb LG DVDRW Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro Dell S2340L 23" Corsair K50 Sentey Golden Steel Power 850W 
CaseMouse
Corsair Carbide 500R Corsair M95 
  hide details  
post #123 of 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMHernandez View Post

Intel's hexacores are on top due to a much higher IPC than the 8350, with all cores below 50% usage @stock, SB-E didn't even begin to flex all it's muscles. I'm no programmer so I don't know if it's at all possible but it seems that while they optimized the game to take advantage of all 8 cores in the FX line, they didn't do the same for HT, if they did I'd imagine the numbers would look like every other heavily threaded app benchmark, with the 3770k > 8350 > 3570k.

Exactly. I fully expect the i7 3770k to perform better if the game is patched for better HT scaling, especially considering the price scaling as well between parts. All this proves is that on newer titles, the FX-6 & 8 lines are very formidable when taken proper advantage of, especially for the price of 199.99 for the 8350, let alone an 8320 at 179.99 which can easily match 8350 performance which really makes the i7 look like a 'meh' deal if you want to game on these titles, especially when you can take the money saved (140 bucks if you go for 8320, or 120 bucks for a 8350) which can easily bump you into a higher tier graphics card and get even better performance.

Just glad to put the 'more cores won't matter anytime soon' or the 'by the time games take advantage of the 8 cores, the cpu's will be relics' arguments to rest, as using BF3 MP as one of the only examples got tiring. The FX-6300 is looking to one of the best bang for bucks cpu's if this trend continues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMHernandez View Post

Getting low FPS due to bad programming/bad port is one thing, having a game that at ultra settings is so gorgeous that will bring even the most expensive cards in the market to it's knees is something all PC gamers should want (as long as it's playable in lower settings in older systems), this is the reason we build beasts as opposed to buying consoles.

Exactly yet again. It's nice to see this game scale so well. I'm sure as a patch or two rolls in things will be even more improved. The fact that most of us can atleast run medium to high settings @ 1080p without much issue meanwhile still have a gorgeous game is nice for a change.
Edited by SoloCamo - 2/20/13 at 8:23am
The Struggle (4k)
(20 items)
 
File Server
(12 items)
 
Lenovo G50-45
(6 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
Athlon II X2 250u Nvidia 6150SE  2gb DDR3 1066mhz Windows 10 Home 64 bit 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-6410 AMD R5 Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR3L 1866 CAS10 Crucial BX100 250gb 
Optical DriveOS
DVD Windows 10 Home 
  hide details  
The Struggle (4k)
(20 items)
 
File Server
(12 items)
 
Lenovo G50-45
(6 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
Athlon II X2 250u Nvidia 6150SE  2gb DDR3 1066mhz Windows 10 Home 64 bit 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-6410 AMD R5 Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR3L 1866 CAS10 Crucial BX100 250gb 
Optical DriveOS
DVD Windows 10 Home 
  hide details  
post #124 of 364
phew good thing I dont plan on getting this game, my rig would explode.
Tardis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|2500k @ 4.4Ghz vcore 1.40| MSI P67A-GD65 290X G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
C300 64GB SSD - 500GB HDD - 840 250GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 3 HP LA2405wg 24'' 1920x1200 @5760x1200 Corsair 850watts 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Black G500 
  hide details  
Tardis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|2500k @ 4.4Ghz vcore 1.40| MSI P67A-GD65 290X G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
C300 64GB SSD - 500GB HDD - 840 250GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 3 HP LA2405wg 24'' 1920x1200 @5760x1200 Corsair 850watts 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Black G500 
  hide details  
post #125 of 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post

Exactly. I fulyl expect the i7 3770k to perform better if the game is patched for better HT scaling, especially considering the price scaling as well between parts. All this proves is that on newer titles, the FX-6 & 8 lines are very formidable when taken proper advantage of, especially for the price of 199.99 for the 8350, let alone an 8320 at 179.99 which can easily match 8350 performance which really makes the i7 look like a 'meh' deal if you want to game on these titles, especially when you can take the money saved (140 bucks if you go for 8320, or 120 bucks for a 8350) which can easily bump you into a higher tier graphics card and get even better performance.

Just glad to put the 'more cores won't matter anytime soon' or the 'by the time games take advantage of the 8 cores, the cpu's will be relics' arguments.

I won't deny that, while I was disappointed with the FX 8150, the 8350 was a good release on AMD's side. I'm an intel kinda guy when it comes to CPUs but if I was ona tight budget for an hybrid build (gaming/video editing/encoding), I'd sure look into the 8320. Unless I could get a 229 USD deal on a 3770k at a microcenter or something like that tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcypot View Post

phew good thing I dont plan on getting this game, my rig would explode.

Don't sell your rig short like that, a 2500k + 6990 will still be able to run it well thumb.gif
Warchief
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.5 ghz - 1.280v Asus Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 Corsair Vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB Seagate 31000528AS 1tb LG DVDRW Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro Dell S2340L 23" Corsair K50 Sentey Golden Steel Power 850W 
CaseMouse
Corsair Carbide 500R Corsair M95 
  hide details  
Warchief
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.5 ghz - 1.280v Asus Sabertooth X79 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 Corsair Vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB Seagate 31000528AS 1tb LG DVDRW Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro Dell S2340L 23" Corsair K50 Sentey Golden Steel Power 850W 
CaseMouse
Corsair Carbide 500R Corsair M95 
  hide details  
post #126 of 364
It's great to finally see some CPU scaling in FPS games after a long time. It's no surprise that Crysis 3 supports up to 8 cores though, since Crytek is in bed with AMD now. If the rumors about 8-core consoles are true, it looks like there's still a future for AMD's 8-core CPUs out there. Not that Intel is in any hurry even now. Maybe the gen after Haswell will bring 6-8 cores to mainstream. Until we get multiplatform titles utilizing 8 AMD cores there's really not much competition on the CPU side for gamers. One game hardly makes a difference, especially when the AMD CPUs are merely on a competitive level instead of being decimated.
Megurine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus P8Z68-V MSI GeForce GTX 970 HyperX Blu 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Vertex 3 Scythe Mugen II Win 10 64 bit Philips BDM4065UC 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ GW2760HS Corsair K60 Super Flower 650W modular Fractal Design R4 
MouseAudioAudio
Logitech G700 Audio pro T8  Creative X-Fi 5.1 
  hide details  
Megurine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus P8Z68-V MSI GeForce GTX 970 HyperX Blu 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Vertex 3 Scythe Mugen II Win 10 64 bit Philips BDM4065UC 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ GW2760HS Corsair K60 Super Flower 650W modular Fractal Design R4 
MouseAudioAudio
Logitech G700 Audio pro T8  Creative X-Fi 5.1 
  hide details  
post #127 of 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcypot View Post

phew good thing I dont plan on getting this game, my rig would explode.
your in Compton.?
just grab it on 'bootleg'... tongue.gif
post #128 of 364
I really want to see 2500k vs. 3770k in this game. Min frame rate is everything.
post #129 of 364
duplicates! darned work computer
Edited by d3v0 - 2/20/13 at 8:37am
post #130 of 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantsu View Post

It's great to finally see some CPU scaling in FPS games after a long time. It's no surprise that Crysis 3 supports up to 8 cores though, since Crytek is in bed with AMD now. If the rumors about 8-core consoles are true, it looks like there's still a future for AMD's 8-core CPUs out there. Not that Intel is in any hurry even now. Maybe the gen after Haswell will bring 6-8 cores to mainstream. Until we get multiplatform titles utilizing 8 AMD cores there's really not much competition on the CPU side for gamers. One game hardly makes a difference, especially when the AMD CPUs are merely on a competitive level instead of being decimated.

If Intel want to do a core count increase, die shrink with Broadwell would be a good opportunity, what could also happen with game supporting more physical cores is Intel eventually drop dual core desktop i3s & quadcore without HT i5s , introduce Tri-core with HT as the new i3, current i7 line slide down to i5 and have a hexacore LGA2011 Ivy-E i7-3820 replacement chip as the new mainstream flagship while the rest of Ivy-E feature Octa cores(doable with dieshrink).
Skylake 1080 FTW
(18 items)
 
XPS 15
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K  ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger EVGA 1080 FTW TridentZ DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM951 128GB Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Muskin Reactor 1TB Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro  Acer XB321HK 32" 4K G-sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Rapid Fire EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 NZXT H440 Black Logitech G900  
Mouse PadOther
Razer Vespula CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD - PFC Sinewave UPS Syst... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700HQ 2.8Ghz(3.8Ghz Turbo) Dell XPS 15-9560 Nvidia GTX 1050 8GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB PCIE SSD Windows 10 Pro 15.6" 1080p 
  hide details  
Skylake 1080 FTW
(18 items)
 
XPS 15
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K  ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger EVGA 1080 FTW TridentZ DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM951 128GB Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Muskin Reactor 1TB Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro  Acer XB321HK 32" 4K G-sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Rapid Fire EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 NZXT H440 Black Logitech G900  
Mouse PadOther
Razer Vespula CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD - PFC Sinewave UPS Syst... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700HQ 2.8Ghz(3.8Ghz Turbo) Dell XPS 15-9560 Nvidia GTX 1050 8GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB PCIE SSD Windows 10 Pro 15.6" 1080p 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [GameGPU] Crysis 3 Final - GPU & CPU scaling