I think I am leaving the club for financial reasons. New baby on the way and 780 SLI will be cheaper than Titan SLI
I am selling my Titan and getting a 780 and a bit cash. And will add a 2nd 780 next to it instead of the Titan. I can save up to $400 this route and having a similar performance to Titan SLI with 780 SLI...
I will miss the Titan though
You have your priorities right with the new baby and all
But, if I were you, I would have gotten a used 690 which can be had for around the same price as the 780. Since you are not big on modded bios and water cooling (I am assuming), you would have had an immediate boost in performance now rather than waiting, and also save money, as your reason to downgrade is financial to begin with. And, sli down the road still means more mula. I have my 690 hooked up to the same monitor as yours in one of my secondary rigs, and a ok performance (don't worry, not pitching you on it because I want to sell mine. Mine is staying )
Once you are ready to go SLI, you could sell the 690 and put the money towards 780 sli.
My surround set up is still waiting for me to finish up my loop rebuild for the Titans
Good luck and congrats !
Edited by provost - 9/23/13 at 3:02pm