Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club - Page 1655

post #16541 of 28092
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

I would just like to say... With the proof of insane amounts of VRAM usage in BF4 (which doesn't even utlize DX11.2)(win8.1 only)) I'm extremely happy that I chose titans... thumb.gif Also, AMD putting 4 gigs on it's new flagship tell's me they knew 3 gig just wouldn't cut it @ the end of DDR5's life cycle.

"you can always add more gpu power, but not more vram" is what I always say smile.gif
post #16542 of 28092
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

Who knows... I haven't gotten around to checking out the new COD yet... BF4 was just under 60 gigs drool.gif Which forced my hand on a 1TB EVO SSD.

60gb??? Holy jesus....
Pimmy
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Asus P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX Titan 6GB Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Plextor m5 Pro RayStorm D5 RX240 kit XSPC RX120 radiator EK-FC Titan SE Nickel 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium Dell U2711 Corsair AX1200 NZXT Phantom 410 
  hide details  
Reply
Pimmy
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Asus P8Z77-V PRO EVGA GTX Titan 6GB Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Plextor m5 Pro RayStorm D5 RX240 kit XSPC RX120 radiator EK-FC Titan SE Nickel 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium Dell U2711 Corsair AX1200 NZXT Phantom 410 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16543 of 28092
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

Who knows... I haven't gotten around to checking out the new COD yet... BF4 was just under 60 gigs drool.gif Which forced my hand on a 1TB EVO SSD.

I want a job like yours! biggrin.gif
How much for that 1TB EVO?
Here a 500GB is over 500$... thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Wait i found a 1TB EVO for 766$... gunner.gif
Edited by OccamRazor - 10/11/13 at 9:52am
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080 seahawk 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080 seahawk 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16544 of 28092
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccamRazor View Post

I want a job like yours! biggrin.gif
How much for that 1TB EVO?
Here a 500GB is over 500$... thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Wait i found a 1TB EVO for 766$... gunner.gif

The 1TB on this side of the pond is 599... I'm a lucky soul. I don't pay rent. I live in one of my parent's properties right now, so my only major cost in that department is property taxes. I'm a food delivery boy for high end restaurants in down town Fort Lauderdale. So, I make 20-30$/hr 30-40 hours a week.

Oh, and due to being a spoiled american brat, my health insurance is payed for by my Father's company. I'm also single, and don't spend much time @ the bars. All this adds up to being able to afford these shiny toy's... Though, when I go back to school starting January, my income will be cut in half, and mandatory spending increased.

In other new's.... 9th day in a row where I have had a disruption in power service. Time for a flame call.
Edited by skupples - 10/11/13 at 10:22am
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16545 of 28092
What are your guys thoughts on Nvidia Surround and 4K-gaming, is Titan-SLI future proof enough or would you want Tri-SLI for a good gaming experience?
NICKYz
(16 items)
 
Yellow Mellow
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4770k MSI Z87-GD65 Sapphire R9 290 Sapphire R9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentX CL9 2400MHz 16GB Samsung EVO 120GB Samsung EVO 500GB Be-Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Eizo Foris FG2421 Ducky Shine 3 TKL Red Led MX Red  XFX Black Edition 1250W Lian Li PC-D600BW 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Steelseries Rival Mionix Sargas 900 Asus Xonar Xense Sennheiser PC350 
  hide details  
Reply
NICKYz
(16 items)
 
Yellow Mellow
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4770k MSI Z87-GD65 Sapphire R9 290 Sapphire R9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentX CL9 2400MHz 16GB Samsung EVO 120GB Samsung EVO 500GB Be-Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Eizo Foris FG2421 Ducky Shine 3 TKL Red Led MX Red  XFX Black Edition 1250W Lian Li PC-D600BW 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Steelseries Rival Mionix Sargas 900 Asus Xonar Xense Sennheiser PC350 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16546 of 28092
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-oiL View Post

What are your guys thoughts on Nvidia Surround and 4K-gaming, is Titan-SLI future proof enough or would you want Tri-SLI for a good gaming experience?

well, that's a multi-headed beast. First, game's are not really designed for that insanely wide resolution, so you would have some extremely ugly side panels... This was proven in the Dirt3 4k surround 7970 demo video.

Then you have the whole waiting for HDMI 2.0 thing, which GPU's will most likely not get for awhile... Though, you can use DP 1.2 ( if the TV has it)

You should head over to HatlessChimp's 4k thread, he has gone through allot of this over there.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1431298/sony-4k-tv-for-pc-gaming/50_50#post_20966780

Last, 3 titans seems to be a sweet spot. I hate using the term future proof, but 3 titans should last anyone quite a long time. Though, if you are looking to purchase one now, i would wait for the 290x release, and subsequent titan price drop.
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16547 of 28092
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

The 1TB on this side of the pond is 599... I'm a lucky soul. I don't pay rent. I live in one of my parent's properties right now, so my only major cost in that department is property taxes. I'm a food delivery boy for high end restaurants in down town Fort Lauderdale. So, I make 20-30$/hr 30-40 hours a week.

Oh, and due to being a spoiled american brat, my health insurance is payed for by my Father's company. I'm also single, and don't spend much time @ the bars. All this adds up to being able to afford these shiny toy's... Though, when I go back to school starting January, my income will be cut in half, and mandatory spending increased.

In other new's.... 9th day in a row where I have had a disruption in power service. Time for a flame call.

i dont pay rent either as i live in my own house, family heirloom but income im not even going to talk about it, as its a misery here...
Good! back to school sounds good, dont ever stop! ( im going half way on my third degree) knowledge is never enough as my old venerable applied hydraulics teacher once said: " Our brains are like an infinite paradigm, the more you put inside the more you have to learn..."

Cheers

Ed
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080 seahawk 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080 seahawk 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16548 of 28092
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

The 1TB on this side of the pond is 599... I'm a lucky soul. I don't pay rent. I live in one of my parent's properties right now, so my only major cost in that department is property taxes. I'm a food delivery boy for high end restaurants in down town Fort Lauderdale. So, I make 20-30$/hr 30-40 hours a week.

Oh, and due to being a spoiled american brat, my health insurance is payed for by my Father's company. I'm also single, and don't spend much time @ the bars. All this adds up to being able to afford these shiny toy's... Though, when I go back to school starting January, my income will be cut in half, and mandatory spending increased.

In other new's.... 9th day in a row where I have had a disruption in power service. Time for a flame call.

just curious, is that ur dad in the avatar? nice dog :3

Yea, i don't know why the Americans (myself as well) get all the awesome deals on Steam games and computer parts while the rest of the world gets shafted with $200-400 markups on the same item.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asrock Fatal1ty z170 Gaming K6 MSI GTX 1070 @ 2050mhz G.Skill DDR4 3200 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 750 Evo 250GB Crucial m500 960GB OCZ Trion 150 960GB Corsair Voyager GTX 256GB USB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Voyager GS 512GB USB WD Green 6TB DVD drive Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorPowerCase
windows 10 professional 32inch Crossover 4K EVGA SuperNova NEX 750w Corsair 200R ATX 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 4910mq GTX 880m (GK104 with 8GB VRAM) 16 GB DDR3 3x Samsung 840 EVO in RAID 0 (1.31 TB total) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung M9T 2TB HDD Bluray/DVD drive Bluray/DVD drive Window 7 Home Premium 
MonitorPower
Panasonic 2880x1620 panel 180w Delta brick 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asrock Fatal1ty z170 Gaming K6 MSI GTX 1070 @ 2050mhz G.Skill DDR4 3200 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 750 Evo 250GB Crucial m500 960GB OCZ Trion 150 960GB Corsair Voyager GTX 256GB USB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Voyager GS 512GB USB WD Green 6TB DVD drive Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorPowerCase
windows 10 professional 32inch Crossover 4K EVGA SuperNova NEX 750w Corsair 200R ATX 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 4910mq GTX 880m (GK104 with 8GB VRAM) 16 GB DDR3 3x Samsung 840 EVO in RAID 0 (1.31 TB total) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung M9T 2TB HDD Bluray/DVD drive Bluray/DVD drive Window 7 Home Premium 
MonitorPower
Panasonic 2880x1620 panel 180w Delta brick 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16549 of 28092
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

well, that's a multi-headed beast. First, game's are not really designed for that insanely wide resolution, so you would have some extremely ugly side panels... This was proven in the Dirt3 4k surround 7970 demo video.

Then you have the whole waiting for HDMI 2.0 thing, which GPU's will most likely not get for awhile... Though, you can use DP 1.2 ( if the TV has it)

You should head over to HatlessChimp's 4k thread, he has gone through allot of this over there.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1431298/sony-4k-tv-for-pc-gaming/50_50#post_20966780

Last, 3 titans seems to be a sweet spot. I hate using the term future proof, but 3 titans should last anyone quite a long time. Though, if you are looking to purchase one now, i would wait for the 290x release, and subsequent titan price drop.

Agree, future proof is a bad word when it comes to computers. I rephrase myself lets put it this way, trying to decide what to get for the next LGA 2011 build and whether to go for mATX (SLI) or EATX (Tri-SLI) not buying all cards straight up instead adding one by one when the need comes (read technology and games develops). While the next big thing is 4k then going for 780s would be kinda stupid (in my eyes) 3Gb will probably be be eaten up pretty fast with a lot of textures on high settings.

Yeah 290X is also a option depending on price and performance on games.
NICKYz
(16 items)
 
Yellow Mellow
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4770k MSI Z87-GD65 Sapphire R9 290 Sapphire R9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentX CL9 2400MHz 16GB Samsung EVO 120GB Samsung EVO 500GB Be-Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Eizo Foris FG2421 Ducky Shine 3 TKL Red Led MX Red  XFX Black Edition 1250W Lian Li PC-D600BW 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Steelseries Rival Mionix Sargas 900 Asus Xonar Xense Sennheiser PC350 
  hide details  
Reply
NICKYz
(16 items)
 
Yellow Mellow
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4770k MSI Z87-GD65 Sapphire R9 290 Sapphire R9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentX CL9 2400MHz 16GB Samsung EVO 120GB Samsung EVO 500GB Be-Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Eizo Foris FG2421 Ducky Shine 3 TKL Red Led MX Red  XFX Black Edition 1250W Lian Li PC-D600BW 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Steelseries Rival Mionix Sargas 900 Asus Xonar Xense Sennheiser PC350 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16550 of 28092
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoBodi View Post

just curious, is that ur dad in the avatar? nice dog :3

Yea, i don't know why the Americans (myself as well) get all the awesome deals on Steam games and computer parts while the rest of the world gets shafted with $200-400 markups on the same item.

LOL... If my father was John Macafee (the man in the photo) I would be sending these messages from my private island, with it's own surface to air missile defense system.

Rule #1 of a being a good modern day American. DON'T QUESTION.... thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-oiL View Post

Agree, future proof is a bad word when it comes to computers. I rephrase myself lets put it this way, trying to decide what to get for the next LGA 2011 build and whether to go for mATX (SLI) or EATX (Tri-SLI) not buying all cards straight up instead adding one by one when the need comes (read technology and games develops). While the next big thing is 4k then going for 780s would be kinda stupid (in my eyes) 3Gb will probably be be eaten up pretty fast with a lot of textures on high settings.

Yeah 290X is also a option depending on price and performance on games.

BF4 is proving to eatup 3gb in surround already, and it's not even on dx11.2(win8.1 only forced evolution) Iv'e dropped all this money on this specific new rig because I have grown tired of buying middle of the road products every tick, I have plans of staying on this system for @least 3-5 years.

4K is for sure the next big thing, but it still needs a little time to mature before it's truly viable for gaming. The games them selves also need to evolve for them to be truly viable for 4k surround as well.
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club