Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club - Page 199

post #1981 of 28134
I am posting over a Evga.com as well and a user on that site shows the following for his Voltage. The top is mine as posted here earlier and the one under it is his. Not sure why we have different voltage levels and wondering if anyone else can check it out:

Stateless:
+13 which is the first level you can get nets you 1.167v on the monitoring software
+25 which is the second setting nets you 1.187v on the monitoring software.
+38 which is the highest setting also nets you 1.187v on the monitoring software, unless this is a glitch in the way it reads to voltage.

Evga Forum User:
Interesting....
+13mv gives me 1.175v
+25mv gives me 1.175v
+38mv gives me 1.200v
I've noticed, at least on my card, that using 1.200v setting brings the card up to the max 106% power limit much quicker. Using the +13mv setting might be just enough to make that little extra OC stable but also not hitting the power limit as quick.
post #1982 of 28134
Finally got around to playing some games biggrin.gif

I finally started Crysis 3 too. It's pretty sweet so far. And the Titans are destroying it. Tonight we toast to Yerli giving us something to actually need our Titans for cheers.gif

Yeah, they're kicking ass so far. Maxed with 2X SMAA, bouncing between 95-120fps (framerate cap), but averaging about 100fps no problem. Both steady at 1150mhz/6400mhz (actual in-game clocks, +100/+200 offset on each). Would love to see how my 680s would've done, but oh well tongue.gif
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1983 of 28134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateless View Post

I am posting over a Evga.com as well and a user on that site shows the following for his Voltage. The top is mine as posted here earlier and the one under it is his. Not sure why we have different voltage levels and wondering if anyone else can check it out:

Stateless:
+13 which is the first level you can get nets you 1.167v on the monitoring software
+25 which is the second setting nets you 1.187v on the monitoring software.
+38 which is the highest setting also nets you 1.187v on the monitoring software, unless this is a glitch in the way it reads to voltage.

Evga Forum User:
Interesting....
+13mv gives me 1.175v
+25mv gives me 1.175v
+38mv gives me 1.200v
I've noticed, at least on my card, that using 1.200v setting brings the card up to the max 106% power limit much quicker. Using the +13mv setting might be just enough to make that little extra OC stable but also not hitting the power limit as quick.

Already tried that on my card. I set +0mv and throttling was the same. If I let Valley run for an extended period it will pretty much just sit at 1071MHz when my max boost is 1163. I tried lower max boost to about 1150, and it still lowers to 1071MHz. It seems like (on my card) if the card is fully loaded for an extended period it likes to go to 1071MHz.

If I set the card to stock it's pretty much a solid 1050 in Heaven/Valley, however in some games it'll throttle all the way down to like 968!

Power Limit never exceeds 95% on my card. This leaves me to believe:
1) My card is faulty and is not getting the power to reach it's maximum TDP, resulting in early throttling.
2) Drivers are somehow affecting/limiting my card but not yours.
3) BIOS are different.
4) TITANS are not designed to perform the same, afterall they are "failed" tesla cards. Depending on how "fail" they are, may result in very different results.

I really hope its 2 or 3... it seems like many people have the same throttling as me, and then there's the other group that gets a solid 1150MHz regardless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

Finally got around to playing some games biggrin.gif

I finally started Crysis 3 too. It's pretty sweet so far. And the Titans are destroying it. Tonight we toast to Yerli giving us something to actually need our Titans for cheers.gif

Yeah, they're kicking ass so far. Maxed with 2X SMAA, bouncing between 95-120fps (framerate cap), but averaging about 100fps no problem. Both steady at 1150mhz/6400mhz (actual in-game clocks, +100/+200 offset on each). Would love to see how my 680s would've done, but oh well tongue.gif

How did you get your throttling card to stick at 1150MHz? Your second card is forcing it to?

That right there would prove its BIOS or Software related, and that card itself can handle it.
Edited by Murlocke - 3/3/13 at 2:34pm
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1984 of 28134
Kind of off topic but I wanted to share this picture I took at MicroCenter here as they have decided to mark the price on a GPU SOOOO high (has to be a mistake) that buying a Titan feels like chum change:

post #1985 of 28134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassilamba View Post

Kind of off topic but I wanted to share this picture I took at MicroCenter here as they have decided to mark the price on a GPU SOOOO high (has to be a mistake) that buying a Titan feels like chum change:

They must have meant 399 still a ridiculous price.
post #1986 of 28134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

Already tried that on my card. I set +0mv and throttling was the same. If I let Valley run for an extended period it will pretty much just sit at 1071MHz when my max boost is 1163. I tried lower max boost to about 1150, and it still lowers to 1071MHz. It seems like (on my card) if the card is fully loaded for an extended period it likes to go to 1071MHz.

If I set the card to stock it's pretty much a solid 1050 in Heaven/Valley, however in some games it'll throttle all the way down to like 968!

Power Limit never exceeds 95% on my card. This leaves me to believe:
1) My card is faulty and is not getting the power to reach it's maximum TDP, resulting in early throttling.
2) Drivers are somehow affecting/limiting my card but not yours.
3) BIOS are different.
4) TITANS are not designed to perform the same, afterall they are "failed" tesla cards. Depending on how "fail" they are, may result in very different results.

I really hope its 2 or 3... it seems like many people have the same throttling as me, and then there's the other group that gets a solid 1150MHz regardless.
How did you get your throttling card to stick at 1150MHz? Your second card is forcing it to?

That right there would prove its BIOS or Software related, and that card itself can handle it.

What is your Bios version?
post #1987 of 28134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateless View Post

What is your Bios version?

80.10.2C.00.90 (P2083-0010)
Edited by Murlocke - 3/3/13 at 2:54pm
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1988 of 28134
After 2 days of heavy gaming usage @ 1080p 60hz (42" S-IPS HDTV, low input lag), I'd have to say that I'm spoiled. I've tried 2x 7970s @ 1150Mhz and 2 x 680 Lightnings @ 1300/7.1Ghz and although these setups are faster than 1 Titan, the compatibility issues outweigh the fact that all my games now run great at my resolution without issue and that's including Crysis 3/Far Cry 3 as well as older titles. I'm just hoping that MSI doesn't announce a Titan Lightning because my OCD will kick it big time!
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4.1Ghz GA-AX370-Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4.1Ghz GA-AX370-Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1989 of 28134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post


How did you get your throttling card to stick at 1150MHz? Your second card is forcing it to?

That right there would prove its BIOS or Software related, and that card itself can handle it.

Just depends on the app/game I guess. It still goes down 13mhz for a second or two here and there. But it looks nothing like my Sleeping Dogs bench or anything like that. Try running that if anyone thinks their card doesn't throttle wink.gif

But yeah, they're both 1150mhz 90% of the time. Smackin' Crysis around like a .99 cent ho biggrin.gif
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1990 of 28134
Thought this maybe of some use to those who surround game or are thinking of surround gaming.

    
MotherboardGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Asus Rampage IV Formula Asus Geforce GTX Titan Asus Geforce GTX Titan Avexir 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
corsair force series 3 Custom water cooled loop using XSPC and EK Windows & pro Asus VG278H * 3 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G510 Logitech XFX1050 Black edition 810 Switch NZXT G9 Logitech 
Mouse PadAudio
Roccat SOTA very old and cheap Yamahas but awsome sound 
  hide details  
Reply
    
MotherboardGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Asus Rampage IV Formula Asus Geforce GTX Titan Asus Geforce GTX Titan Avexir 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
corsair force series 3 Custom water cooled loop using XSPC and EK Windows & pro Asus VG278H * 3 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G510 Logitech XFX1050 Black edition 810 Switch NZXT G9 Logitech 
Mouse PadAudio
Roccat SOTA very old and cheap Yamahas but awsome sound 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club